Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > How well do you know that guy you .........      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Dragracer428
Msg: 97
How well do you know that guy you .........Page 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)

deetristate wrote
This came up at happy hour ( is it still called that?) . I was detailing yet another dumping/lack of contact? by someone after the third date because I didn't let him "in."

Yes she got dumped
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 98
How well do you know that guy you .........
Posted: 2/27/2015 6:45:16 PM
Drag racer, you are correct...deeristate got dumped...Petula said Dee got dumped. Two different posters, two separate women. Petula gets names wrong all the time, doesn't say who she's responding to so you have to guess and her comprehension skills suck.
 Dragracer428
Msg: 99
Posted: 2/27/2015 6:55:28 PM

Petula said Dee got dumped. Two different posters, two separate women.

Seems to be common for screen names to get shortened here, have seen deeristate referred to as Dee a couple of times.

Offering this on the end of a long handle as I have no desire to get between you two fine ladies. LOL
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 100
Posted: 2/27/2015 7:05:32 PM
It's all good. It's just that every once in awhile Dee takes crap for something she didn't do or didn't say.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 101
Posted: 2/28/2015 1:53:56 PM
CuriousInDB-Thank you :)
I have a few good female friends, some of them for YEARS, we just don't DO that sort of thing when we get together.
We usually talk about our children,some of us our grandchildren, our lives/work, etc.
Sometimes,we don't see each other for extended periods, so when we manage it,we want to catch up with each other, not talk about other people.
I remember watching a dating show years ago (don't ask me the name,forgot it).
The man asked the woman to meet him at a museum and told her he was leaving her clues until she found him, the last clue was he would be waiting at a sculpture or his favorite part of a woman, when she found him, it was a sculpture of the brain.
I think I might have fell in love on the spot :)
That's the part of me I hope a man is interested in the most, that and my heart.
 Tarnished_Knight
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2015 7:33:39 PM
Ms Kay joined the commentary with this bit of humor:
(Spoken in my best Jeff Foxworthy voice.)

You might be a loose woman if …

… you don’t know any of the man’s friends, where he works, how he likes his coffee, where he lives and yet, without pay, you sleep with him.

… you change your bed sheets on an hourly basis.

... the towels in your bathroom are “his” and “hers” and “his” and “his” and “his.”

You might be a loose woman if ...

walking down the street 'twixt Thanksgiving and Christmas and you think all the sidewalk Santas are talking about you - "Ho Ho Ho."

TK
[with my apologies to both Ms. Kay and Mr. Foxworthy]
 springorfall
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 6/2/2015 4:38:31 PM
People need to do what they feel comfortable with and match up with others who have the same outlook. Therefore I wouldn't be with someone who believes in the 'three date' rule. I've no idea when that started, sometime during the last 20 years whilst I was out of 'circulation', I guess, but I refuse to go along with some arbitrary rule decided upon by someone I neither know or care about, that tells me when I "should" do something or not.

Sounds very teenage/ish.
 ohenryx
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 6/2/2015 6:28:49 PM
An old thread brought back to life. I had always heard that the 3 date rule originated with Seinfeld, but a google search failed to find any evidence of that. It did, however, turn up the link to "most people are undateable", which is truly hilarious IMHO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-a64OwOYqU
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 6/2/2015 7:36:24 PM
I think a lot of people abide by the three date rule in fact. Met a guy who wanted to count the first meet which was five minutes before I had to go elsewhere, as the first date.... On the first date he said this is the second and was expecting sex on the third encounter....lol!! I have had sex on the 2nd meet or date more than once and one of them was a LTR. There are no "hard" and "fast" rules and if you are feeling it for a person, then do it.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > How well do you know that guy you .........