Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Are People on Plenty of Fish... special?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ozsealady1
Msg: 26
Are People on Plenty of Fish... special?Page 2 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
PLEASE RETURN OUR KOALA.
They are special. Very special.
A koala is NOT a bear and they certainly do NOT swear.
They will scratch and piddle on you and sadly many have a sexually transmitted disease affecting their reproduction.

Koala's are also very particular about which gum leaves they eat.
Doubt you have many of the correct trees.

SO PLEASE RETURN OUR KOALA.

Never_in_Life
Msg: 27
Are People on Plenty of Fish... special?
Posted: 2/10/2015 4:10:06 AM

Yes, I had to ask. I really got the impression she's on the fence about the matter. Didn't you?

Yes, our little Miss Volkano is not a big proponent of on line dating. Or Los Angeles. Or men. (kidding)

In my view the level of surreality is like this:

Real life - some nuts, but easy enough to spot in the wild and therefore easy to avoid.
OLD sites - Sketchy characters, con artists, users and abusers abound. But many, MANY folks of quality exist.
These forums - insanity rules supreme. Folks here aren't people at all, but charactures created with sharp hard drawn lines that are either this way or that. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to don my asbestos undergarments. ;-)
 Walts
Msg: 28
Posted: 2/10/2015 5:15:42 AM
Special??? I don't know about that.

Different? Yeps.

There are more than enough "reasons" why we are here. To actually get people to admit to those "reasons" is another thing. We tend to give the generic, as in we can't meet in real life, busy, etc but, there is more to it than that. We all have our little quirks, expectations, etc. And we can't seem to find that "connection" when we are out and about in the real world. So we are here. Not the easiest spot to find what some of us are looking for but, it is another option that is available. How we use it, is a whole other topic.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 29
Posted: 2/10/2015 5:29:27 AM
VK:

Even more interesting is the American Apparel label..Curious...just curious! I use their shirts for my business.

Nice shirts, VK. 100% cotton. I appreciate that seeing as how we drove for 6 hours and ... lol Yep. Had to see that label but I already knew.

Only pic I could caption; what can you do? Hope I'm not deleted ... again.
Dee:

I have met just as many fvcked up people IRL as online

Oh, hell, yeah. I have a knack. I am really, really good at meeting "fvcked up" people. It's one of my two biggest talents, right after a memory for song lyrics with no ability to carry a tune.

Anyone have a job for me with those two areas of expertise?

Hey, I could recruit for a karaoke dating site ...

Got the shirt at an event, vk. New Port Richey.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 30
Posted: 2/10/2015 5:53:55 AM
Pank, you and I must be the two who answered that nuclear war question "yes". I've had "debates" with folks on Stupid about that question. Bottom line: If it weren't exciting, why are there so many movies about it?

Armpits are non-negotiable. No.
 TALL_IQ2
Msg: 31
Posted: 2/10/2015 6:31:40 AM
[Doubt you have many of the correct trees. SO PLEASE RETURN OUR KOALA.]

You are right. And you can help with that situation.

S
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 32
Posted: 2/10/2015 6:49:53 AM

SO PLEASE RETURN OUR KOALA.

Noooohhhh. We refuse to return the Koala. The Koala has been liberated. From now on it will eat GMO leaves that will enhance his nutrition. Then it will be given snuggles with all the best celebrities found in North America, sans the North American celebrities with Aussie background. So Russell Crow cannot pet the Koala, nor can Nicole Kidman. NOR people they had associated with, so Tom Cruise cannot pet the Coala. So we stake our right to pet the Coala and will go to war with Australia over it.

We are also rebranding the Koala's name with an American twist Coala, brought to you by an sponsorship by Coca-cola and Chic-fil-a, which is about to change the slogan for "Eat more greens."
 CharminC
Msg: 33
Posted: 2/10/2015 7:25:32 AM
ThePigofyourDreams... welcome back!!!! Good to see familiar faces resurface. :)

Do you think Plenty of Fish members are a fair representation of the overall population; or do you think Plenty of Fish represents higher incidents of antisocial (criminal) behaviour, mental illness, etc....

LePew answers it quite simply, it's the good, the bad and they ugly here. Just like IRL.
Except in here it's more raw, in your face, because of this lovely thing called a monitor.
Even more so since the absence of mods/rule enforcement.
The current state of pof reminds me a great deal of my time in another forum, another time. INTERESTING times I may say lol. But believe it or not, behind the scenes I have made friends that are still with me today. Great bunch of people from all walks of life, all over the globe.
I am making friends here as well.
That ... would be the good I am talking about. :)

Love the pic but I must confess I do love your head shot. Very pretty and love your attitude!
Welcome to pof, ............where we all special. Muahahaaaaa!!!!!

*cue Hotel California*
 HawkingJr
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2015 7:32:05 AM
OLD actually stands for “Old Leftover Duds.” If you’re on OLD, you’re pretty much the leftovers. The undesirables, the ultra-finicky, the boat-missers, the never-satisfied. I mean, who makes it into their 30s without finding “The One”? There were 3000 people in your high school, 30,000 people at your college and 3 million people in your city, not to mention 300 people at the club tonight, and you couldn’t find a single one to live with for the rest of the life? There must be something seriously wrong with you, either physically or mentally, or perhaps both.

And POF is the worst of the lot because it’s the largest OLD site and it’s free – anybody can join the madness and everybody does, quite often anonymously and with nefarious intent. If you live a sheltered life of a few dozen family members, work buddies and friends from high school, then I can see how the largely unwashed masses of POF can be overwhelming. Fact of the matter is, probably more than a few of your “normal” real life acquaintances are living double lives on POF.

In all seriousness: VolkanoKing calls ME whiny, repetitive, dramatic and pessimistic?
 CharminC
Msg: 35
Posted: 2/10/2015 8:06:36 AM

In all seriousness: VolkanoKing calls ME whiny, repetitive, dramatic and pessimistic?

NO?! Really? By gosh, I wonder where does she get that from??

Could the below be a good example where??
vvvvv

OLD actually stands for “Old Leftover Duds.” If you’re on OLD, you’re pretty much the leftovers. The undesirables, the ultra-finicky, the boat-missers, the never-satisfied. I mean, who makes it into their 30s without finding “The One”? There were 3000 people in your high school, 30,000 people at your college and 3 million people in your city, not to mention 300 people at the club tonight, and you couldn’t find a single one to live with for the rest of the life? There must be something seriously wrong with you, either physically or mentally, or perhaps both.

We might as well slap a big "L" on our foreheads, including yourself Hawkings since you are here as well!

You know what? Come to think of it. Screw you and your pessimism. I may not be with the person who at the time I thought was my one but I don't regret it either!!!! And I'm quite sure the same goes for others.
Every person I have met is important to my life even though it didn't work out. Again, same for others.
And screw you for saying there must be something seriously wrong with us, either physically or mentally, or perhaps both. Some of us just have plain and simple rotten luck but we are still GOOD people with so much to offer!!! It's a crap shoot game. A gamble. Not everyone is a matching puzzle piece. But just because we haven't found the one doesn't mean we are less of a person.

DAMN you need a woman or laid or something because that negativity was just nasty.
And don't give me the I'm short, women don't love me spiel. Try smiling for a change! (Instead of a scowl) It's all it takes.
 BLonde^j^AngeL
Msg: 36
Posted: 2/10/2015 8:06:50 AM

I have met just as many fvcked up people IRL as online, no question

Bravo, I concur
 flirtingwithdisaster55
Msg: 37
Posted: 2/10/2015 8:38:32 AM
I think there are way too many people on POF and all the dating sites who consider themselves "special" -- not in terms of being antisocial, mentally ill or criminals, but in the sense that a very high percentage see themselves as being way better than they really are. Y'all know what I'm talking about. The waitress looking for a millionaire. The guy who looks like Shrek who says he'll only date supermodels. So much delusion in one place.
 VolkanoKing
Msg: 38
Posted: 2/10/2015 8:59:16 AM
"OLD actually stands for “Old Leftover Duds.” If you’re on OLD, you’re pretty much the leftovers. The undesirables, the ultra-finicky, the boat-missers, the never-satisfied."

I totally agree!

"In all seriousness: VolkanoKing calls ME whiny, repetitive, dramatic and pessimistic?"

Of course I do! Because you are!

You and I have alot in common. The main difference in our situation is, I no longer date online. I learned my lesson and cancelled all my accounts. You've written mind numbing volumes on how no one wants you because you are too short. If this is a fact, then remove your account from online, and just be forums only. Stop dating. I did.

Difference is, I share my opinions about online dating, *and I no longer do it.*

As far as me being a pessimist..absolutely...with some things. Life in general is actually pretty amazing at the moment.

Have a good day, kid.
 HawkingJr
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2015 9:05:58 AM
Charmin: Come on, now. Why you goin' off on me? VolkanoKing started it. Although she may have just been playing off the undertones of creepy's passive-aggressive OP. Nah, I think she was pretty... SERIOUS.

I will say this much in all seriousness: Pig's follow-up was much more impressive than mine.

Let me try that again: in all seriousness, I know I'm here as well -- I was first listed ("undesirables").

No, wait. In ALL seriousness... dating is nothing but a cakewalk. Best grab a seat while one's available...
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 40
Posted: 2/10/2015 9:13:14 AM
HawkingJr:

I mean, who makes it into their 30s without finding “The One”?

Well, gee, Hawking, idk. What's the divorce rate on first and second marriages where you live? I'll bet a whole lot of us don't find "The One" by age 30 ... or 40 ... or 50. And guess what? People die, Hawking.

"A Brown University study found that divorce may be connected to the state you live in. Of the four top 10 cities with the highest divorce rates three are in Florida."
That's from a FAUX News source online (sorry, but it was quick). Not posting links anymore on POF. I just do what POF tells me to now.

HawkingJr:

And POF is the worst of the lot because it’s the largest OLD site and it’s free – anybody can join the madness and everybody does

Yep, even short guys who like to trash their hosts.

And ain't that great? That's one of the things I love about POF. It's all inclusive. You elitists need another dating site. Try Beautiful People, Hawking. They took me but I deleted my pic after the little "rating" thingie they do there. Appalling. Good luck.

HawkingJr:

Yeah, in all seriousness, Hawking. Didn't you have a paid account? VK gets dates; she just doesn't want any. Is that your issue?

Charmin

You know what? Come to think of it. Screw you and your pessimism. I may not be with the person who at the time I thought was my one but I don't regret it either!!!! And I'm quite sure the same goes for others.
Every person I have met is important to my life even though it didn't work out. Again, same for others.
And screw you for saying there must be something seriously wrong with us, either physically or mentally, or perhaps both. Some of us just have plain and simple rotten luck but we are still GOOD people with so much to offer!!! It's a crap shoot game. A gamble. Not everyone is a matching puzzle piece. But just because we haven't found the one doesn't mean we are less of a person.

^^^Yep, screw you, HawkingJr. If I were Markus, I'd toss you off here for your whining and complaining and bad-mouthing this site when you are a guest here with a free profile and use of forums.

At least you didn't write a long, boring diatribe this time.
 VolkanoKing
Msg: 41
Posted: 2/10/2015 9:22:08 AM
"Yeah, in all seriousness, Hawking. Didn't you have a paid account? VK gets dates; she just doesn't want any. Is that your issue?"

Hey, I tried to meet the guy half way with his opinions on OLD. Tried to show I related...I understand. I get the frustration.

I was cool about it.

But he's not buyin' it! Not for ONE SECOND!

*slinks off to work*
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 42
Posted: 2/10/2015 10:06:18 AM
^^^Right. Friggin' think for a change, Hawking, instead of compulsively, feverishly typing.

And I have to add that it's not bad enough you trash this site, its users and your host, you do it FOR FREE on your host's website."

What a charmer.

Maybe you don't have dates because you're a ...

Stop me. I'm pizzed ...
 DietFree
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2015 10:09:06 AM

I mean, who makes it into their 30s without finding “The One”?

Well, you didn't.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 44
Posted: 2/10/2015 10:33:32 AM
Hawking - you work with STATS all day long ..
I think you will find if you quit the moaning and start actively looking on The Bright Side of Life ( everyone sing, Life of Brian)
Your odds may improve.
Everyone is special, some are just more special :)
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 45
Posted: 2/10/2015 10:40:20 AM
I dated a guy your height, Hawking, and married one a bit taller. It's not your height.
 flaneur001
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2015 10:49:55 AM
Hawkings,

I don't think your a pessimist, I think you're a realist. You've tried the on-line thing for years and for whatever reason it isn't working for you. You're bright, fit and creative - there is someone there for you. You may have to try stretching your boundaries - geography etc.
 VolkanoKing
Msg: 47
Posted: 2/10/2015 11:00:35 AM
I've tried to explain the height thing as well to him...falls on deaf ears.

"I have male friends who are exactly the same but are far more successful with women, because they are taller, better looking and white, giving them several times as many options"

^^^^ One of his recent posts form another forum section. He's added race to the equation.

My ex husband was hispanic, and shorter than me. So, it is hard to relate to the circumstances he's written volumes about.
 gtomustang
Msg: 48
eats bush and leaves
Posted: 2/10/2015 11:32:21 AM
to second the opinions mentioned here--you will get people who come here after trying other ways to date, and being exasperated as a result. But, you will also get a fair representation of the worldwide population. You may be in a small conservative town or a densely populated liberal city, so some details may be different than what your next door neighbor flies on his flagpole, but otherwise...you're seeing human nature, if people weren't within punching distance of each other.
 _babblefish
Msg: 49
eats bush and leaves
Posted: 2/10/2015 11:35:55 AM

That header of yours is rather offputting but you didnt ask for a profile review. Why do you have an Australian native animal when you are in Canada? Just curious. Do you just like the little fellas?

this is like a trip to the zoo, wheeee! do they have lions in Australia?

only the speshul ones, not to be confused with the hockey helmut wearing short bus window lickers
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 50
eats bush and leaves
Posted: 2/10/2015 11:39:00 AM
gtomustang:

you're seeing human nature, if people weren't within punching distance of each other

What an excellent way of putting it. And don't you love that?

Probably keeps some of us out of trouble.

Another public service provided free of charge by POF.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Are People on Plenty of Fish... special?