Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Are People on Plenty of Fish... special?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MeMeMeatlast
Msg: 76
Are People on Plenty of Fish... special?Page 4 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
^^^^^ Do you mean the one on Gunn Highway ?
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 77
Are People on Plenty of Fish... special?
Posted: 2/12/2015 3:05:55 PM
^^^That's the one. Just search Buckets in the thread titles search. We'll all be there.

Aren't we a happy looking bunch?

Wish you could be here ... so we call you "Meat" now? lol
 HawkingJr
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2015 3:20:02 PM
Even if I wasn't trying to beat a midnight deadline for a movie project I'm working on, I still wouldn't go there (despite the fact that it's minutes from where I live -- but I'm stuck in my office, which is much farther away). Those POF events always skew a million years old (and this one doesn't look like an exception) and on the rare occasion that a woman under 40 shows up, she's like blood in the water to all the sharks attending -- bigger and more impressive sharks than I am, for sure.

But have fun!
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 79
Posted: 2/12/2015 3:26:02 PM
^^^Sorry you can't join us, Hawking. Maybe next time? We'll miss you.

Why don't you take me to one of those fancy film industry parties with you, Hawking? I think we'd look good together.

I've been to some fancy parties, but not parties with many people in the film industry. They seem like interesting people (well there are exceptions to every rule). Yeah. They're not the mental masturbating type, standing around, trying to be smarter than the next guy or "deeper" or more socially conscious, are they, Hawking? I hope not; that would bore me.

What should I wear? I know we have an age difference but we can pretend I'm your mother. How's that? I clean up well, honest, and yeah, I even behave myself sometimes, if there aren't too many rules.

Are there lots of rules, Hawking? Like wearing certain things and going to particular places and hanging with the "right" people in order to appear ... what's the word now, still "cool"? I hope not, Hawking. I wouldn't enjoy that.

What's for dinner?

Send a car or a plane to DB, Hawking. I've been making too many trips to Tampa lately. I'm not as young as I used to be.

Save face. We'll finish this at dinner.
 CTRLvector
Msg: 80
Posted: 2/12/2015 5:10:55 PM
I don't know, nobody knows - no one knows. And you have to be mentally ill to survive in this world, if there is a single person in reality that could honestly make it unscathed under the assessment and diagnosis protocol of DSM5. Then I would like to meet them. Few make it through the world without hitting the wall, and at least inheriting some type of delusional perspective because of it. But yeah im completely nuts, and in a bad way, and to the extreme. And that's not good if you're otherwise a capable person.

Its the people that aren't diagnosed and self entitled you have to worry about. Because they are the ones you are most afflicted.
 another_nail_in_my_heart
Msg: 81
Posted: 2/13/2015 4:47:29 AM

Koala's are also very particular about which gum leaves they eat.
Doubt you have many of the correct trees.

Actually it's been discovered that koala have adapted to the local plant life in British Colombia. In B.C. they grow some of the best marijuana in the world and the koala have taken to it quite well.

sadly many have a sexually transmitted disease affecting their reproduction.

This isn't a problem in B.C. because the koala are too stoned to fuck
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 82
Posted: 2/13/2015 6:48:12 AM
CTRLvector(who "served his country"):

I don't know, nobody knows - no one knows. And you have to be mentally ill to survive in this world, if there is a single person in reality that could honestly make it unscathed under the assessment and diagnosis protocol of DSM5. Then I would like to meet them. Few make it through the world without hitting the wall, and at least inheriting some type of delusional perspective because of it. But yeah im completely nuts, and in a bad way, and to the extreme. And that's not good if you're otherwise a capable person.

Its the people that aren't diagnosed and self entitled you have to worry about. Because they are the ones you are most afflicted.

Your intellect will help you "un-crazy" yourself, vector. At least that's my hope. And you're right about the DSM diagnoses. The craziest people I know would never consider seeing a doc and go on about how crazy everyone else is.

In fact, just yesterday on a profile review thread a long-time poster suggested my psychological profile might be "interesting". Funny thing is his would be even more interesting. And it was all over a comment I made consisting of about 6-8 words, if I recall.

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Hope young Aradia reads this. She's carrying my torch here after I'm gone. You two would make a nice couple here.
 CTRLvector
Msg: 83
Posted: 2/13/2015 7:04:52 AM
Yeah an affliction of disorder doesn't define you, but ignoring it will humble you every time. I don't know how much of an intellectual I am. Mostly I just get by, I far from apply myself, I am talent without ambition.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 84
Posted: 2/13/2015 9:05:47 AM

This isn't a problem in B.C. because the koala are too stoned to ****

This is too funny to ignore.

Okay, back to our regular programming.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 85
Posted: 2/13/2015 3:54:16 PM

Just curious why you would associate a koala with Qantas??

This is why:

"Qantas Koala - "I hate Qantas!" was the popular catchphrase delivered by a cute, furry little Koala bear who was the spokes-bear for the Qantas Airlines. The original commercials featured a koala bear sitting amidst the branches of a Eucalyptus tree where the bear could be heard whining about the increased tourist trade coming via Qantas to disturb the solitude of the Australian Continent.

The advertisements, first filmed at the San Diego Zoo and later in Australia, later depicted the Koala sitting in a director's chair sporting a hip pair of sunglasses and flying in a first class seat of a Qantas Jetliner.

The campaign was created in 1967 by Cunningham & Walsh Agency and filmed by Lee Lacy & Associates"

-TV Acres.com
 CTRLvector
Msg: 86
Posted: 2/14/2015 5:15:05 AM
Everyone is crazy
 basilisk123
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2015 9:12:26 AM
Honestly, this world is full of crazy. Show me a person who says they don't have issues, and I will show you a liar.

BTW koalas might be cool, but wombats are freakishly awsome. Just saying...
 PenelopeLeChat
Msg: 88
Posted: 2/14/2015 1:18:34 PM
CV msg 90

Everyone is crazy

Yes in our own SPECIAL way! :smiley:

LePew
 Ouija2025
Msg: 89
Posted: 2/14/2015 2:10:25 PM
Speaking of crazy
We have a kangaroo farm here. Like huh? Plus side you get to hold the babies :) Long freaking toenails, put Wolverine to shame.
And they have Capybara. I like those
No not everyone is crazy - we need a few sane ones
Wish i had a Capybara - cause I like saying the word.
 ozsealady1
Msg: 90
Posted: 2/14/2015 2:25:27 PM

BTW koalas might be cool, but wombats are freakishly awsome. Just saying...

^^^ What do you do with a wombat??

Play wom with it.
 northwildwoodnjman1969
Msg: 91
Posted: 2/15/2015 6:09:14 AM
Special no. Willing to try some thing different to meet somebody, yes.
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 92
Posted: 2/15/2015 11:45:51 AM

Honestly if a woman on here talked to some of the guys IRL like they did here, there would be a lot of domestic violence cases

I think you should put that in your profile.
 Trynottobecreepy
Msg: 93
Posted: 2/15/2015 11:53:17 AM
Bah ha! There is something to be said for being upfront regarding one's... tendencies.
 Never_in_Life
Msg: 94
Posted: 2/15/2015 12:42:06 PM

I think you should put that in your profile.

I laughed so hard at that. Like Heineken-out-the-nose funny.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 95
Posted: 2/15/2015 1:11:41 PM
workering4you:

Im actually talking about some of the divas on here, talk about cuck-coo.

Really? You do know anyone on the site can read your comments here, right?

Honestly if a woman on here talked to some of the guys IRL like they did here, there would be a lot of domestic violence cases.

There are a lot of domestic violence cases now.

Of course it's the women's behavior that causes these things; not deranged, violent men.

We're all special.
 PenelopeLeChat
Msg: 96
Posted: 2/15/2015 1:33:21 PM
Workering4you

Honestly if a woman on here talked to some of the guys IRL like they did here, there would be a lot of domestic violence cases. Either that or a lot of guys would be doormats, I refuse to be a part of either not believe thats real life.

Your thought in entirety... not cherry picked and thank you for affirming you do not condone either sexes bad behavior, although one is not limited to the other. Walking the middle of the road is the way to go to stay out of the ditch.

As Always,
LePew
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 97
Posted: 2/15/2015 5:26:28 PM
PenelopeLeChat:

Your thought in entirety... not cherry picked

No cherry-picking going on here. I quoted a complete sentence there. The sentence lost no meaning by not including the rest. If I'm unaware of a rule here that we must ... what? Put up for a vote what we quote? Please, please let me know. I don't like making waves. :-/

I guess you agree with the choices there? Domestic violence or the man being a doormat?

Surely there are other options, right?
 Blackwood85
Msg: 98
view profile
History
eats bush and leaves
Posted: 2/16/2015 10:47:09 AM

Plus, not interested in men in their 20's-30's. They dont remember the 80's. <---- of key importance!!

I'm 29 and I remember the 80s, as long as we're talking about 80s toys and cartoons and some TV shows. If you want to get into politics or why Walter Mondale and Geraldine Ferraro lost to Reagan/Bush I can't help you there.
 gtomustang
Msg: 99
eats bush and leaves
Posted: 2/16/2015 2:37:22 PM
I grew up in the 1980's. I realize, we value what is closest to us, but I wasn't all that impressed with the 1980's. Yuppies, c0ck-rock/hair metal, Iran Contra and a bunch of bush wars down in Central America, Max Headroom and a focus on the future that wasn't nearly as cool as the "rocket era" of the 1960's, boxy tincan and plastic automobiles and minivans, men with perms and women with AquaNet supported 'dos...it felt to me like a society of people not knowing WTF about themselves and so trying out just annnything to see if it'd stick to the proverbial wall. at least there was a concert the size of Woodstock. And the first two seasons of Miami Vice, that was cool.
 MeMeMeatlast
Msg: 100
eats bush ... and then leaves
Posted: 2/16/2015 2:43:13 PM
I frikkin HATED all those cheezy hair bands of the 80's !

When the grunge era began I could finally once again listen to current music .
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Are People on Plenty of Fish... special?