Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Are People on Plenty of Fish... special?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gtomustang
Msg: 120
we're so special, we've already let the games beginPage 6 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
so, have we answered the question yet about are we kooks?

b/c its really hard to tell. i'm looking hard for examples.

No one's figured out why Japanese tourists are so popular to eat? Is it b/c after you eat one, you're hungry an hour later? :)
 PenelopeLeChat
Msg: 121
Are People on Plenty of Fish... special?
Posted: 2/17/2015 10:15:12 AM
another nail....

In Canada we do it differently. We like to get our tourists really, really stoned then tell them our bears like to have their tummy's scratched. The humor is usually lost on the tourist. No one's figured out why but for some reason grizzly bears prefer Japanese tourists

Is the kind of like the Bermuda Bear Angle?

As Always,
LePew
 StarClassic
Msg: 122
we're so special, we've already let the games begin
Posted: 2/17/2015 11:23:23 AM

so, have we answered the question yet about are we kooks?

I already know I'm nuttier'n a squirrel turd.
I'm just waitin' for someone to tell me which breeding program I belong in. There is a breeding program for Wookies, isn't there?
 Nezz123
Msg: 123
Posted: 2/20/2015 11:21:54 AM
Yeah, I think we're probably a fair sample of the general population. I think people who are extremely (conventionally) hot, successful and live in urban areas are less likely to try online dating, but those individuals are likely more the rarity.

At least, I certainly hope we don't represent a more negative cross section of the population!
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 124
Posted: 2/23/2015 11:17:19 AM

Obviously.
 razors_edge55
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2015 1:17:07 PM
Yep special needs
 Eternityboresme
Msg: 126
Posted: 3/5/2015 7:57:22 AM
^^And what's wrong with that?
 norwegianguy123
Msg: 127
Posted: 3/5/2015 10:47:08 AM

^^And what's wrong with that?

Handicap. Nobody Likes being handicapped.

Are people on POF ... special? Well, apparently the owner of POF has some gripes about some forumites, back in '08:

Listening to users is bad…
For instance on my site there are 900,000 dailly users of which 2,000 use the forums. Of those 2000 users who use the forums less than 50% are actually single and even fewer are actively looking for someone. Over 90% of suggestions for changes to the site come from this group of users, but these users represent less than 1/450 users on the site. Basically if there are good ideas out there that users are suggesting its ones that are standard features on other dating sites.

Digg fights its top users.
In the world of forums, egomaniacs and bullies are tossed out and banned because without them a civilized forum is not possible.

Paying users of social networks.
I have hundreds of thousands of users contributing to my site in various ways. In places such as the forums i’ve gone and banned the top 50 users several times as cliques just get to out of control and have no connection to the mainstream anymore.
 openrider
Msg: 128
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2016 2:40:20 PM
thats funny beast encounter,I,ve found out that to be true,learnt to rum fast very fast
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 129
Posted: 12/17/2016 1:55:46 PM

As special as they get.

And not in a complimentary way.

Except for me, of course. :)
 SLAFFA
Msg: 130
Posted: 12/17/2016 3:37:26 PM
"Special"?

PoF IS a "special" site. No two ways about it. How many other Dating Sites for "plain/regular/normal" people do you or anyone else know of that allow people to COMMUNICATE for FREE?

The easy and obvious outcome of this is that Fish will be comprised [IMO] of at least 90% "special" people NOT serious about finding a LTR. MOST of the women [from my own experience] will [possibly already be married or in a Relationship] simply be lonely and looking for a sympathetic ear/typing/texting buddy or looking to have their egos stroked.

MOST of the men [it's easy to guess] will simply be looking for an easy lay... at least according to many Forum women.

That leaves just 10% with enough sense to have at the very least a mistake free profile that gives a good idea of themselves AND what type person they are looking for and at least 2 decent "dated/believable" pics up and visible.

I think this ^^^^^^^ is the MINIMUM ante for email coming in or being answered.

EIGHT "decent" pics increases one's odds exponentially from my own experience. So few people seem to realize that this site IS a competition.
 Wilkes_Barre_Candy
Msg: 131
Posted: 12/17/2016 7:04:45 PM

That leaves just 10% with enough sense to have at the very least a mistake free profile that gives a good idea of themselves AND what type person they are looking for and at least 2 decent "dated/believable" pics up and visible

I bet they find each other, too. Slaffa, you hit the nail on the head.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 132
view profile
History
Posted: 12/19/2016 11:50:33 AM
Yes!

We're pretty much all special. As in "Well, aren't YOU special?"
 ebolakitty
Msg: 133
Posted: 12/21/2016 12:27:08 PM
Not special. Very common but below average. The women have below average looks or personalities. The men have below average incomes. Match did a survey that reported 80 percent of men are below average. I would venture to guess that it is about 90 percent on POF because it is free so we need to account for the loser cheapskates that wouldn't pay to be part of the Match survey. Are there any desirable people on POF? Sure! They are called catfish. POF people are very typical but also very mediocre.
 Maleman999
Msg: 134
Posted: 12/21/2016 2:23:05 PM

Match did a survey that reported 80 percent of men are below average.

What did Match determine as average? The only thing that can be averaged out is income, and someone with an average income means 50% have a higher income and 50% have a lower income-and that's providing people are telling the truth when they list their income. There's no way of quantifying personality or looks, and coming up with an average. Besides, it can't be 80% above or below average. It would have to be 50/50, with the average in the middle.
 ebolakitty
Msg: 135
Posted: 12/21/2016 3:31:07 PM
"What did Match determine as average?"
They didn't determine the average. They let retarded bimbos make their own call.

The only thing that can be averaged out is income, and someone with an average income means 50% have a higher income and 50% have a lower income-and that's providing people are telling the truth when they list their income
You are talking about median income. What I am talking about is the twinge in the buttholes of broke single mothers that leads them to misjudge which simps would make good prey.

There's no way of quantifying personality or looks, and coming up with an average.
Sure there is. Count the enemies in their personal life and the number of people that they repel.

Besides, it can't be 80% above or below average. It would have to be 50/50, with the average in the middle.
What if the bottom 50% are on dating sites and the top 50% are not?
 Walts
Msg: 136
Posted: 12/21/2016 3:46:00 PM
^^^^^
Sounds like someone is needing a candy cane........

basilisk123
Msg: 137
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2016 5:38:26 PM
I can be just as salty and bitter.
"Women!" (insert random misogynistic remark)

Actually, all I want is a candy cane too. I love candy canes!
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 138
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2016 12:44:37 PM

The women have below average looks or personalities. The men have below average incomes. Match did a survey that reported 80 percent of men are below average. I would venture to guess that it is about 90 percent on POF because it is free so we need to account for the loser cheapskates that wouldn't pay to be part of the Match survey. Are there any desirable people on POF? Sure! They are called catfish. POF people are very typical but also very mediocre.
I would not say they're special...I wouldn't know why anyone would believe that. I would guess that the subset of each "type" of people on POF is pretty representative of the broader global population - all eligible dating age people - that it's drawn from. As many losers as there are on POF...however one defines "loser," there is probably a larger amount in the same proportion, in IRL.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Are People on Plenty of Fish... special?