Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Tall_IQ2 is just a big fake wanna be looser      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 51
Tall_IQ2 is just a big fake wanna be looserPage 3 of 47    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
To Tall....do you think Curious from post #38 is a fake or troll or just someone voicing her opinion? She IS allowed to voice her opinion whether we /you deem it right or wrong.

You know, could some of this crud and trolls be happening from someone that still has mod "powers", say Allison? I mean, everyone thought Abelian ran amok years ago and it was never really said whether it was him or not.

And I've helped report many of the troll posters you've mentioned but I'm going to wait for an answer re: Curiousmas it seems, to me anyway, that you just don't like her taking pot shots at you.
 Fire_and_Ice4_You
Msg: 52
Tall_IQ2 is just a big fake wanna be looser
Posted: 2/13/2015 8:29:48 AM
I agree with Bluemoon...Can we all gang up and report posters that take pot shots at any of us? I have a few on my hit list.
If it's a noticeable Troll fine....I have too reported but where and who has died and left you in charge of what is...appropriate on here. What did you expect was going to happen?

When it's directed at others...it goes unnoticed or people just work it out by a comeback or ignore the source.
You are taken shots at her....insinuating she is a substance abuser...is that OK.??
Should we report you?
IMO......you should let it all go and move on.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 53
Posted: 2/13/2015 8:37:50 AM

Some helpers here have told me they already "reported profile" of the poster of post #38 in this thread.

I would be more careful of this whole "followers have reported" scenario you are creating.

Just as likely counter followers will report you.

Even more likely POF will shut down the forums because it becomes too much of a bother responding to these types of emails.

Whatever happens, I am sure this will spiral out of control fairly soon.
 MeMeMeatlast
Msg: 54
Posted: 2/13/2015 8:44:28 AM
People don't like being told what to do by people who aren't in the proper position to do so.

People don't like being pulled over by the police for speeding but if they do they don't say to the cop " who the frick are YOU to tell me what to do ? "

As long as you aren't a MOD you really should stop acting like one.

All that is going to do is ruffle feathers.

And now gathering supporters to delete profiles that rebel against you trying to take charge ?

Salem witch burnings ring a bell ?
Nazi Germany ring a bell ?

Just go back to posting and stop telling people what to do ..... okay ?
 TALL_IQ2
Msg: 55
Posted: 2/13/2015 8:46:59 AM
They have emailed me that they "reported profile" of poster in post #38. I was set to just ignore that buzzing again, like I have for a month or so. But they gave me that little push to do something active this time.

["Even more likely POF will shut down the forums because it becomes too much of a bother responding to these types of emails."]

That has been my concern for a while now, that the Forums here may go away unless made more civil, or revenue producing. POF does have some employees now that could deal with the few trolls we get daily. IF they hear about them with evidence, and so choose to act. They get paid now, so one of them will likely step up and clean this place up.

S

["All that is going to do is ruffle feathers."]
Well, that could have been an "attempt" at foul humor...
Except was negated by the very common "Nazi" reference that most juveniles use when punished.
Better to stick to the Sex forum with the bathroom humor there. Some enjoy that, in the appropriate forum.

S
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 56
Posted: 2/13/2015 8:53:46 AM
The original poster of this thread was a troll and they are gone. IMO you better get thicker skin if you want the rest of us to report a true poster for picking on you. To me, wanting to report Curious for post #38 is juvenile on your part and unnecessary .

Many folks have responded to your posts throughout the threads when you admonish for something petty, like changing the thread title. Leave some of this be, it all sorts itself out and you acting like the Boss or Daddy Forums makes you look silly.....which has been pointed out by posters. Should we report them too?

Do we report you for being petty?

IF the POF staff are inundate with petty reports, this will make them look at the forums and say "not worth the effort". So maybe spend your time reporting obvious trolls instead of the odd poster poking you with a stick....and grow a pair.

Tall, you need an attitude like Eric. Rock on Eric, you've always handled the back and forth with class and humour.

dragonbytes
Msg: 57
Posted: 2/13/2015 8:54:41 AM
That has been my concern for a while now, that the Forums here may go away unless made more civil, or revenue producing.

It has nothing to do with being civil. It has to do with creating more work for POF staff responding to emails that have little to nothing to do with the dating site.

So the emails themselves will be what motivated Markus to shut the forums down.

I don't really understand why they leave the forums up?

My guess is he is concerned about how integrated the forums are into the dating side of the site. Meaning eliminating the forums may affect the whole site's software.

What I am thinking he could do with ease is eliminate all the categories and leave only events up.

Because I sure don't get why Markus has left the forums up.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 58
Posted: 2/13/2015 8:55:03 AM
Good grief! Folks can visit the Off-Topic forum if one wishes to see spirited written sparring that is funny to read.
It is people having a good time. It is the free and open exchange of ideas in the belief we should hear and should be heard.

I have never utilized the "Report User" button here because this is purely an ENTERTAINMENT website.
People have mocked my so-called midget height of only 5'8" and it is something totally laughed-off as hilarious.

The last thing that I would want here is a Forum where everyone nods their heads in complete agreement on everything.
The folks who post items opposite of my viewpoint give me something to contemplate...and that is a good thing.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 59
Posted: 2/13/2015 8:57:19 AM

That has been my concern for a while now, that the Forums here may go away unless made more civil, or revenue producing.

It has nothing to do with being civil. It has to do with creating more work for POF staff responding to emails that have little to nothing to do with the dating site.

So the emails themselves will be what motivated Markus to shut the forums down.

I don't really understand why they leave the forums up?

My guess is he is concerned about how integrated the forums are into the dating side of the site. Meaning eliminating the forums may affect the whole site's software.

What I am thinking he could do with ease is eliminate all the categories and leave only events up.

Because I sure don't get why Markus has left the forums up.
 _babblefish
Msg: 60
Posted: 2/13/2015 9:01:07 AM

That has been my concern for a while now, that the Forums here may go away unless made more civil, or revenue producing. POF does have some employees now that could deal with the few trolls we get daily. IF they hear about them with evidence, and so choose to act. They get paid now, so one of them will likely step up and clean this place up.

S

you are exaggerating scenario's as part of a personal agenda, not cool

sanitizing the forums ? are you setting the standards? wtf

* hugs Eric . . see how that works TALL
 MeMeMeatlast
Msg: 61
Posted: 2/13/2015 9:01:55 AM
What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we have here now , which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you .

Q
 TALL_IQ2
Msg: 62
Posted: 2/13/2015 9:04:12 AM
["Because I sure don't get why Markus has left the forums up.']

You want my educated experienced guess?

Because they are his baby! He created them and has learned so much from them over the last 12 years, that he would hate to lose all their history and the huge archive of info about why single people do what silly sometimes self-defeating things they do...

What did he learn from them? Seems like he got relationships and a wife. Millions and a company. Huge value for him. So if they can remain mostly civil they will stay for now.

S
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 63
Posted: 2/13/2015 9:14:35 AM
^^^ and they are mostly civil. So quit wasting their time with frivolous reporting and being the school yard tattle tale. And realize that every once in awhile people will not agree with you and will tell you. Just stick to reporting the obvious trolls.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 64
Posted: 2/13/2015 9:16:04 AM

Because they are his baby! He created them and has learned so much from them over the last 12 years, that he would hate to lose all their history and the huge archive of info about why single people do what silly sometimes self-defeating things they do...

What did he learn from them? Seems like he got relationships and a wife. Millions and a company. Huge value for him. So if they can remain mostly civil they will stay for now.

Deleting the forums won't eliminate the history/ archive he already has on his servers.

We would lose it, NOT Markus, he would keep the history.

First, I doubt the forrums were EVER that important to the dating side. If so, WHY has he eliminated the link to the dating side? I think to cut down on non-essential traffic.

Beside, now he has a wife, he has millions, what more can he gain from keeping the forums?
 TALL_IQ2
Msg: 65
Posted: 2/13/2015 9:26:32 AM
["Beside, now he has a wife, he has millions, what more can he gain from keeping the forums?"]

Lots.
He won't get current updates from all the disaffected OLD dating site users... Learning about the competition.

A smart young guy like that has to sometimes plan many years ahead for all possible contingencies...

Do ya see all the threads here from middle-aged divorced guys complaining about being taken to the cleaners?

We can speculate about motives for keeping this treasure trove of past human angst and some successes. Maybe a book someday when he is 50-60 to show his grandkids.

It IS his baby. Wanna throw it out with the bathwater trolls?
Nah.

S
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 66
Posted: 2/13/2015 9:54:44 AM
We have had trolls since the mods have been gone and many of us have gone to their profiles and reported them for abuse and shortly, poof, they're gone. It's been handled quite quickly and efficiently. YOU want us to report Curious because she disagreed with you and gave you a few jabs. This is wrong. There have also been a few back and forths with a few posters (I'm guilty) and they have always sorts themselves out. Venting, at times, can be a good thing. Getting a group together to gang up a poster is not a good thing and this is what Tall has done with the poster Curious. She's been here before, been back again since last July...she's not a troll...just someone who felt a need to call you on something she perceives. So what.

Again, if the forums are turfed, I'm thinking it will be because some folks want to play Mommy and email CSR for things that either aren't important or sort themselves out and the forums become a task to babysit and are too time consuming for staff. Just report trolls. Quit making a mountain out of a mole hill or making it personal.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 67
Posted: 2/13/2015 10:07:00 AM

We have had trolls since the mods have been gone and many of us have gone to their profiles and reported them for abuse and shortly, poof, they're gone. It's been handled quite quickly and efficiently. YOU want us to report Curious because she disagreed with you and gave you a few jabs. This is wrong. There have also been a few back and forths with a few posters (I'm guilty) and they have always sorts themselves out. Venting, at times, can be a good thing. Getting a group together to gang up a poster is not a good thing and this is what Tall has done with the poster Curious. She's been here before, been back again since last July...she's not a troll...just someone who felt a need to call you on something she perceives. So what.

Again, if the forums are turfed, I'm thinking it will be because some folks want to play Mommy and email CSR for things that either aren't important or sort themselves out and the forums become a task to babysit and are too time consuming for staff. Just report trolls. Quit making a mountain out of a mole hill or making it personal.

If I hadn't been clear, I agree with this.

Even though Curious did attack me as BS, IMO this was just a problem she has with perceiving satire, I didn't take it personally.
 TALL_IQ2
Msg: 68
Posted: 2/13/2015 10:19:11 AM
["Even though Curious did attack me as BS, IMO this was just a problem she has with perceiving satire, I didn't take it personally."]

Glad she didn't call you nutcase or mentally ill or having a stroke?

Not so bad being a temporary target for any DUI troll like that, in a temporary thread soon to go away. But my helpers have pointed out it was report-worthy, so I did.

It also reveals the few here with so obvious biases they are no longer worthy of any response at all as well.

Educational, most of these Forums and confirming some of the veteran Forumite's biases. Also some copied and saved for future reference.

S

VVV Always Helpers and hinderers here. We can all make choices if we want to help make Forums mostly civil, or let it degenerate into the juvenile bathroom-wall style place like many other online Forums that have been ruined by juvenile mentalities, then disappeared. Thanks for being a helper sometimes.

S

["a lesson in how to make quote boxes? It's ever so easy"]

Thanks. You're a goddess. I can do it fine when I don't have lots of edits to add.

S
 Ouija2025
Msg: 69
Posted: 2/13/2015 10:26:09 AM
You are not Santa nor a Boss when last I checked so please stop referring to people as "helpers" Goodness like some evil Insect Overlord.
Good you are saving and copying :p
I agree re wasting time and effort tattling for no purpose
 Goddess_Arnemetia
Msg: 70
Posted: 2/13/2015 10:28:03 AM
Tall IQ2 - would you like a lesson in how to make quote boxes?
It's ever so easy. I can even see the instruction how to do it directly above this typing area!

see!

Fire_and_Ice4_You
Msg: 71
Posted: 2/13/2015 10:30:49 AM
K...You're still not getting it.

Educational, most of these Forums and confirming some of the veteran Forumite's biases. Also some copied and saved for future reference

Ouhhhhhh...so scary! Who constitutes as veteran Forumites? It seems the younger posters do much better than some of us... delusional old ones who think they have some power....get over yourself!

Glad she didn't call you nutcase or mentally ill or having a stroke

Then..YOU report her....don't rally others.
Not my monkey....Not my circus!
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 72
Posted: 2/13/2015 10:51:14 AM

It also reveals the few here with so obvious biases they are no longer worthy of an response at all as well.

OMFG, get over yourself. I have no "friendship" with Curious, no bias. She called you out...as have many on here and on the regular threads and you can't handle it and want her removed....because you can't handle it?? Grow up and get over yourself, you're looking like a fool especially making comments like "...DUI troll..". This has nothing to do with regular posters having a friggin bias. And "copied and saved", you're acting like a 12 year old. Grow up FFS (and feel free to copy that too).

We've all been "tempory targets", on more than one occasion and we've managed to make it through the day without going nuts about it or wanting them reported, banned, deleted. M What makes you different than us? Well, for one thing we can handle it and move on.

Your continued commentary about "if this keeps up the forums will be gone" is a smoke scene for your perceived slams by posters. Again, grow a pair and let it go....just like the rest of us do...the regular posters with no bias. And if you try and get this particular thread deleted...it shows more about you than it does the original troll that started this thread.
 TALL_IQ2
Msg: 73
Posted: 2/13/2015 11:05:11 AM
Another 80 degree day here, just took a walk in that warm sunshine.

For the guys, if you have anyone "special", get out there and get that card and candy. Flowers if you dare. Or have some handy in case you connect with someone today. Is important for most, despite anything they may say to the contrary...

Understand that many single women are especially cranky today, because of tomorrow looming...
It is status to have something to show others, that your sweetie gives you tomorrow.

Without anything to show, many people seek substances instead. Temporary highs.

S

For the ladies, try to understand that most men do have choices, and do make them, sometimes surreptitiously. If you desire a particular man's company, you sometimes have to make that crystal clear, and he has to be attracted. Nothing compensates for that necessary attraction. So do what you can to become more the healthy way you would really like to be, and next year there will likely be a sweetie there for you for Vday.

VVV IF ya givem ANY attention at all ( which they never ever get IRL ) they may feel "validated" and get addicted to those little bits of online "attention" from someone with a nice smile. Most of them are juveniles, or juvenile mentalities. Really want to"encourage" that 15yr old to send you his "money" shots?...

S
 kj521
Msg: 74
Posted: 2/13/2015 11:18:44 AM
I have to agree with the majority here....and I will not participate in any school yard games.
That is not what these forums should be. We have all experienced being a "target".
And in the big picture of life....it is really just not that big of a deal.

A wise woman recently said all you have to do is "Shake it Off"....just gotta love that Taylor Swift :D

Now....let's talk about these trolls and I don't mean Curious...talking about the real ones....
Can't we keep one or two? What if I promise to potty train them? ;)
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 75
Posted: 2/13/2015 11:27:59 AM
You know I'm driving, "S".
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Tall_IQ2 is just a big fake wanna be looser