Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > pictureless profiles      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 irishgirl772
Msg: 26
pictureless profilesPage 2 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Ive messaged and even met a few guys without seeing their photos beforehand. Those dates did not go well. One guy was a no show and stood me up, one I couldnt go thru with because I felt he was much older than he said he was. The other 2 were just bleh, nice enough guys but I wasnt attracted to them at all and probably wouldnt have met them at all if I saw their photo. These days, he must have a photo or Im just not interested.
 Blackwood85
Msg: 27
view profile
History
pictureless profiles
Posted: 2/15/2015 6:24:14 AM
I do think that if you're on a dating site and you're trying to find a date then hiding your profile and pictures is a little weird, I'm not talking about members who are just here for the forums but people looking for dates and relationships. It has a bit of a "I'm too cool for this online dating" vibe. I'm also not a fan of demanding something from someone but you can't offer the same thing and it's as simple as a photo.
 Walts
Msg: 28
pictureless profiles
Posted: 2/15/2015 6:50:46 AM
After thinking about this while sipping the morning joe, I do believe it would be wise for all the fems to include a nice little pic of their rear ends. It would definitely help speed up the process.

For me anyways.
 BLonde^j^AngeL
Msg: 29
pictureless profiles
Posted: 2/15/2015 7:13:56 AM

it would be wise for all the fems to include a nice little pic of their rear ends.

a s s man LoL
 jessebunnies
Msg: 30
view profile
History
pictureless profiles
Posted: 2/15/2015 7:14:22 AM
I spent 8 years with a man who first contacted me had no picture. In fact I didn't know what he looked like till I met him. Luckily he was gorgeous.

Would I ever do it again? Does lightening strike me twice? No probably not.

If you can't be comfortable enough to post a picture of who you are and what you look like, flaws and all, then that's a pretty good indicator there's going to be problems down the line.
 forumfellathesequel
Msg: 31
pictureless profiles
Posted: 2/15/2015 7:20:29 AM
It's always the same excuses..I didn't want people from work to recognize me or its a small town...everyone knows everyone..meh, their choice..the picture is what draws me to the rest of their profile, I guess the only time it's an issue is if they message me first, if it's Match, I just hit the request a photo button, if they still don't, nexxxxt
 _babblefish
Msg: 32
pictureless profiles
Posted: 2/15/2015 7:38:28 AM

Hands up all those who would contact someone actually looking to date, has a profile up but no pictures upfront?
Excluding the obviously married looking for an affair, would it all raise a red flag to you?

lol.. after reading this and then your profile

to be rummaging through lists of profiles searching for that something, i'm not sure how a profile would
jump out off the page without an image to draw you in. .

if something did catch someone's eye with the printed word alone, i agree that technology has made huge
strides, you can go from picture-less to face time or Skype in an instant, doesn't get any more realz than that!

wunnerful stuffs
 kj521
Msg: 33
pictureless profiles
Posted: 2/15/2015 7:46:20 AM
Ok.....raising my hand here...

My very first Pof meet was with a pictureless profile. I only knew what he would be wearing.....had no clue what he looked like beforehand.
 Zuglo65
Msg: 34
view profile
History
pictureless profiles
Posted: 2/15/2015 7:49:01 AM

Although I would message someone without a picture..I would NEVER again meet someone without a picture before hand

I agree.
 benartflick
Msg: 35
pictureless profiles
Posted: 2/15/2015 7:54:39 AM

I assume he is hiding something, likely married.

LH, does that apply to women without a photo too?
 Aradia96
Msg: 36
pictureless profiles
Posted: 2/15/2015 7:55:25 AM
My last 'ex' had a picture-less profile, it wasn't the picturelessness that let him down- it was his own personality.
He was skinnier than I thought he would be when we met though, even after seeing other pictures of him.

Perhaps I will go pictureless, not sure.
Only thing I like about it is less expectations - what I don't like about it is they probably think I am much much more ugly than I am. I'm OK looking but I feel the pictures hold me to higher expectations and lures in more pervs and shallows.
 forumfellathesequel
Msg: 37
pictureless profiles
Posted: 2/15/2015 8:01:11 AM

Perhaps I will go pictureless, not sure.
Only thing I like about it is less expectations

Your pictures are clearly meant to show off your cleavage, you take a selfie and cover your face with the phone, what's left to concentrate on?? Why you women whine about perverted messages , yet you obviosly want guys to browse at your goodies is beyond me
 jessebunnies
Msg: 38
view profile
History
pictureless profiles
Posted: 2/15/2015 8:06:13 AM

I assume he is hiding something, likely married.
LH, does that apply to women without a photo too?

Yes it does. Although I think with women it's not so much that their married, but the hiding around their looks (usually weight and or age).

Only thing I like about it is less expectations - what I don't like about it is they probably think I am much much more ugly than I am. I'm OK looking but I feel the pictures hold me to higher expectations and lures in more pervs and shallows.

This goes back entirely to your lack of self esteem. If you aren't confident people will pick up on that right away. If you think your "ugly" people will treat you that way.

Why you women whine about perverted messages , yet you obviosly want guys to browse at your goodies is beyond me

Because you should be multi talented in your thought process. Control your thirst while realizing your sexually attracted (or find something sexually appealing about that person). You should be able to have more, bring more and do more than just sex. Here's where women and men tend to separate.
 Aradia96
Msg: 39
pictureless profiles
Posted: 2/15/2015 8:20:05 AM

Your pictures are clearly meant to show off your cleavage, you take a selfie and cover your face with the phone, what's left to concentrate on?? Why you women whine about perverted messages , yet you obviosly want guys to browse at your goodies is beyond me

All year people have bullied me about my face so I ended up getting reluctant to take pictures that show it. It wasn't really about my boobs, just hiding my face lol.
 Literate_Hiker
Msg: 40
pictureless profiles
Posted: 2/15/2015 8:57:34 AM

Forumsfellathesequel: It's always the same excuses..I didn't want people from work to recognize me or its a small town...everyone knows everyone.. ..the picture is what draws me to the rest of their profile

I've heard the same tiresome excuses. Also a long story about being stalked by a woman he met online, so that's why he's using a false name.
 forumfellathesequel
Msg: 41
pictureless profiles
Posted: 2/15/2015 9:35:32 AM

All year people have bullied me about my face so I ended up getting reluctant to take pictures that show it. It wasn't really about my boobs, just hiding my face lol.

Aradia if anyone is making fun of your face it's purely out of jealousy, you're a pretty young woman, it surprises me someone with your looks and age even needs to be on here.
 SeainaStorm
Msg: 42
pictureless profiles
Posted: 2/15/2015 10:37:56 AM

Bullied you about your face?? What does that mean? Your face is a delight, you should never hide it.
 Aradia96
Msg: 43
pictureless profiles
Posted: 2/15/2015 10:48:34 AM
Yes. they would say my nose is big and I'm fat/obese/disgusting and they would steal my pictures and post them around the place to humiliate me. It got so unbelievably bad. What was worse was it was mainly from someone who I was close friends with online for half a year with. Won't make that mistake of being friends with people online again
http://i.imgur.com/Wg0baKI.png
The person he refers to as "Milla" is me.
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 44
view profile
History
pictureless profiles
Posted: 2/15/2015 12:18:04 PM

Because you should be multi talented in your thought process. Control your thirst while realizing your sexually attracted (or find something sexually appealing about that person). You should be able to have more, bring more and do more than just sex. Here's where women and men tend to separate.

that's not quite what he means, at least as i read it. he's not saying women who flash their knockers should accept a conversation that crosses a sexual line. he's saying said flashers should not COMPLAIN when it does, because their photos opened that tonal door, and it doesn't take a genius to realize some men are going to walk through. it's the cost of doing business for that strategy, and if a woman doesn't want to pay that cost, she should be using some other. better to light one candle, and so on.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 45
pictureless profiles
Posted: 2/15/2015 12:30:22 PM
Tall:

Stolen pictures abound on here, those with NO picture at all are most wisely disregarded as "hiding something".

Only by those who have no idea what's going on here.

Some of the most attractive/successful/high profile users run profiles with no pics. Don't buy into this.

People with an old fuzzy pic they've used on other profiles for years? Yeah, watch out for them here. Really.
 forumfellathesequel
Msg: 46
pictureless profiles
Posted: 2/15/2015 12:46:26 PM

that's not quite what he means, at least as i read it. he's not saying women who flash their knockers should accept a conversation that crosses a sexual line. he's saying said flashers should not COMPLAIN when it does, because their photos opened that tonal door, and it doesn't take a genius to realize some men are going to walk through. it's the cost of doing business for that strategy, and if a woman doesn't want to pay that cost, she should be using some other. better to light one candle, and so on.

Thanks for clarifying crutch..it's no secret perverts are plentiful on here, but why make it easier for them ???
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 47
pictureless profiles
Posted: 2/15/2015 1:05:55 PM
forumfellathesequel:

Listen to forumfella, Aradia. Didn't I post the same in your profile review today?

Thanks for clarifying crutch..it's no secret perverts are plentiful on here, but why make it easier for them ???

There's so much of that goes on here.

Worse are the folks bashing the site while they keep their free profiles.
 tgif111
Msg: 48
pictureless profiles
Posted: 2/15/2015 1:48:54 PM
the bare minimum is private images and they should show them after the first or second email.
 SexyKG74
Msg: 49
view profile
History
pictureless profiles
Posted: 2/15/2015 1:52:06 PM
(the bare minimum is private images and they should show them after the first or second email.)

So true...which is why the idea of someone claiming they can't post an image is BS, at least IMO.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 50
pictureless profiles
Posted: 2/15/2015 2:19:50 PM
^^^In my home county, I have met: the dean of a private university here locally, the mayor of a city in my county, a high-profile (locally) politician, attorneys/docs, a local high-profile artist ... There are quite a few teachers who do not run pics because they don't want to hear from their students or their parents.

Lots of very good reasons not to have pics.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > pictureless profiles