Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > pictureless profiles      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 matthew83co
Msg: 76
pictureless profilesPage 4 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)

^^^^^
none of those reasons apply to me. This makes my life easier, and gives me more choice as to what is out on the internet. I make a fine salary, yet do not have a phone that can take pictures, again, a choice.

I thought someone might have noticed I was joking about it. People in witness protection who date or people who have other good reasons may not use images. I do not believe all are up to no good.
 NonamousDog
Msg: 77
pictureless profiles
Posted: 2/19/2015 10:23:16 AM
Sure I message profiles without pics. I'm not a shallow a**hole.
 norwegianguy123
Msg: 78
pictureless profiles
Posted: 2/19/2015 12:09:12 PM

I went out on a date with one girl who's pictures were private, we talked for a day and she just showed them to me voluntarily.

Private pictures are a different story, notably when you're a guy and the gal has the hidden photos. At least you know they're there. As a guy, when the ball isn't bouncing your way, and all you can get is a chubby checker licking her chops, willing/wanting to write ya -- going no-photo may be a decent option. There's less of a sausage-fest ratio with said gals, and your chances go up.

But a gal who doesn't post a photo, and going after good looking guys shouldn't expect anything. It's Weird to do that. Private photos? OK. If you write a guy, open them up to him. No need for game-playing, ya know? Oh, I know, I know -- it's not "a game" if it's one's self interests. :) That's why everyone thinks others play games but not themselves.
 petula1908
Msg: 79
pictureless profiles
Posted: 2/19/2015 6:05:30 PM
this nonsense that women espouse about not wanting to be contacted just because of their looks, so they hide the pic. Please!!!
It is a dating site where sex is on the cards and looks count. If the pics are private and can be readily shown, that is a whole other ballgame.
 ryuoki
Msg: 80
view profile
History
pictureless profiles
Posted: 2/19/2015 6:21:22 PM
I have run out of women to contact within the 50 mile radius of myself and had to make attempts with the pictureless from time to time (still get nothing and about to start on the 150 mile radius). Sucks being one of the most unattractive guys on numerous sites, but at least I have mine up and visible. I must agree that those who hide or do not show theirs are hiding something. They're unbelievably good looking and get too many messages or they are the complete opposite. Though not having a picture up gets far less attention to the profile and typically is ignored. Though as females I am sure that some traffic still comes regardless. Men HAVE to have a picture up because this is nothing more than a catalog for the ladies to go through and pick out who they want to meet. Very few men have that luxury.

Personally I have tried OKCupid, Match, EHarmony, xMeet, Zoosk, FilipinaCupid, Dream Marriage... and MANY others that I check from time to time (these are just the ones I could come up with off the top of my head). I only get messages from bots and phishers while even paying for some of these on occasion HOPING it makes a difference. It doesn't.
 Fiftyplusone
Msg: 81
pictureless profiles
Posted: 2/19/2015 7:52:38 PM
I prefer a profile with a picture but I also understand why a person would not post a picture as well. There are no safeguards on this site as far as I can tell. I have never tried to right click on a picture to save it but I assume you could. I need to try it just to see if you can. I would never meet them however without seeing them first. Never.
 NJgirl116
Msg: 82
pictureless profiles
Posted: 2/19/2015 8:44:56 PM

I don't mind selfies either. But almost any type of photo can be a dealbreaker to someone. I have seen profiles that state "I'm not interested in anyone that has a selfie". Photos that include cars, members of the opposite sex, alcohol, pets, dead animals, sunglasses etc are also dealbreakers to some people. Largely because of broad assumptions that are made based of said photos.

(shaking my head) So people create an online profile because they can't get a date in real life and now that they're online, they take all kinds of issues with people's pictures? LOL good luck with your search.
 ryuoki
Msg: 83
view profile
History
pictureless profiles
Posted: 2/20/2015 6:27:50 AM

(shaking my head) So people create an online profile because they can't get a date in real life and now that they're online, they take all kinds of issues with people's pictures? LOL good luck with your search.

These are the superficial types anyway and not worth anyones time. I don't make deal breakers just because a picture is blurry or not the best that could be taken from a $10,000 camera with the most pristine environments one could sterilize of any negativity and bad vibes. So long as I could recognize them when I see them, that is picture enough. But the #1 thing anyone in profile review suggests is 'better pictures'. Doesn't matter how good the pictures are in the first place. If you don't look like Brad Pitts twin brother or wearing a suit that makes Donald Trump's look like it came from Goodwill, one will be told to improve their pictures for better results. As typically nothing is read all that often and so much expectation is made on first messages rather than being able to carry a conversation in the first place.
 south_city
Msg: 84
pictureless profiles
Posted: 2/20/2015 6:38:26 AM

So people create an online profile because they can't get a date in real life and now that they're online, they take all kinds of issues with people's pictures? LOL good luck with your search.

I even saw a woman's profile that included selfies. But she wasn't interested in men that used selfies. LOL. One face shot and one full body shot that is relatively clear and accurate is fine with me. For the most part, I don't care what people use for their secondary photos.
 somewhatJaded14U
Msg: 85
view profile
History
pictureless profiles
Posted: 2/24/2015 7:07:45 PM
hmm,some of yall are pretty harsh! lol But, yes when I was looking I contacted pictureless profiles,its how I found my current GF. The #1 reason there is no picture now? Im not lookin. the profile itself is short but strait to the point. Im really only here for the entertainment of the forums.
 mrgorton
Msg: 86
pictureless profiles
Posted: 3/1/2015 1:41:44 PM
I won't meet without a picture from experience. Years ago I made contact with a girl on POF. She had no picture and after a few emails and a phone call we decided to meet. I said I am wondering what you look like (her online description sounded good) she said she looked liked Kirsten Dunst..so I thought well OK she cute maybe not the hottest thing in Hollywood but what the heck. We met nearby at a coffee shop and I almost fainted.

As royuki points out correctly above, even girls with no pic get a good clip of email simply because it's a numbers game and the idea (not mine) is to email every single woman on POF regardless of any criteria in the hopes that the 1% (or less) response rate will land you a date (or at least get laid). I even read somewhere (I forgot where) that they suggested that you ONLY target women with no pic since they get much less mail and it would increase your odds for a response. There may be some truth to that.
 jlynn1955
Msg: 87
view profile
History
pictureless profiles
Posted: 3/1/2015 6:53:11 PM
I have responded to the no pic ones. There can be all kinds of reasons why a person doesnt have a pic. Yes, many of those reasons would be red flags...but not always.
 TrustInKarma
Msg: 88
pictureless profiles
Posted: 3/1/2015 7:42:48 PM
Never would respond to a message from a user without a picture. If I can put up pics on my profile, why shouldn't he? To me, it screams "i have something to hide". Be it married or otherwise attached, or not what he claims he is in the looks department. I'm glad there is a setting where you can block people with no pics from contacting you.
 LadyEssKay
Msg: 89
pictureless profiles
Posted: 3/1/2015 7:56:08 PM
When I am actively on the site, I have my photos private. I am single, I have nothing to hide, have no criminal convictions, I don't have a horn growing out of my forehead, I'm not on the run from the law, etc.

The reason I don't post them publicly, is because I don't feel comfortable with the thought that one of the people that I deal with in my job will say, "Hey! I saw you on that dating website". Although fundamentally, there is nothing wrong with it, I don't like my private life intermingling in any way with my professional one. I deal with very sensitive and confidential stuff daily, and I want the people I deal with to see me solely with respect to what I am there to do for and with them, not focus on whether or not I had a date on Saturday night.

That being said, when I am actively on here for dating, I have my photos private, but always send them when I send a message, or when I respond to one.

I can assure you, I am as cute as a button. :) And my mom is never wrong.
 ryuoki
Msg: 90
view profile
History
pictureless profiles
Posted: 3/1/2015 8:20:06 PM

The reason I don't post them publicly, is because I don't feel comfortable with the thought that one of the people that I deal with in my job will say, "Hey! I saw you on that dating website". Although fundamentally, there is nothing wrong with it, I don't like my private life intermingling in any way with my professional one.

I cannot imagine anyone approaching me stating they saw me here. I would think they would make a b-line straight for the door as soon as I got into any place just to avoid me recognizing them.
 petula1908
Msg: 91
pictureless profiles
Posted: 3/1/2015 8:42:15 PM
Mr Gorton

You did not say why you almost fainted. Could not be worse than mama turning up instead of daughter, 300lbs and using her daughter's pics, could it??

Some guys may email a gal without pics but soon he would want to see an image and before they actually meet or he is foolish and can be wasting his time or indeed is desperate for any sort of chance.
 TrustInKarma
Msg: 92
pictureless profiles
Posted: 3/1/2015 8:43:01 PM
I have come across people I know in real life on dating websites. So what? Is that something so shameful? I couldn't care less if coworkers or other people who know me in real life saw my dating profile.
 petula1908
Msg: 93
pictureless profiles
Posted: 3/1/2015 8:47:05 PM
trustinkarma

I agree with you and that the person sees you online, means they are there too, doesn't it!!
Back in the days when I was actually looking online, I saw guys that I recognised, around the area. Did I go up to them and say something or would they have done so? No way. If we had not been in contact it was because of lack of interest in the first place.

If I, as a woman can put up pics, then so can any guy, regardless of his status and position. If you have nothing to hide you should not be ashamed to be on a dating site unless you feel you are using it all as a last resort.

DietFree
Msg: 94
view profile
History
pictureless profiles
Posted: 3/1/2015 8:52:33 PM

The reason I don't post them publicly, is because I don't feel comfortable with the thought that one of the people that I deal with in my job will say, "Hey! I saw you on that dating website".

Really?
That's never happened to me, and I never mentioned to any co-worker that I saw them on this site.
 LadyEssKay
Msg: 95
pictureless profiles
Posted: 3/1/2015 9:17:41 PM

I have come across people I know in real life on dating websites. So what? Is that something so shameful? I couldn't care less if coworkers or other people who know me in real life saw my dating profile.

I indicated in my previous post that fundamentally, I don't see anything wrong with being on a dating website, and I totally appreciate and understand that for some, it is not a problem to have their profile photos displayed publicly. I, however, am not comfortable doing that. At least not at this point. It is not my co-workers that are the issue, necessarily, its the "clients" that I deal with. I am inherently, a very private person.

But for those that choose to display their photos, more power to you! We all go through this with our own levels of comfort.
 Eternityboresme
Msg: 96
pictureless profiles
Posted: 3/2/2015 3:35:12 AM
OP: Trust, that's a lovely snapshot of you and your mum.
 Aradia96
Msg: 97
pictureless profiles
Posted: 3/2/2015 4:43:46 AM
I ALWAYS reply to picture-less people.

They intrigue me for some reason, it's odd.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 98
pictureless profiles
Posted: 3/2/2015 6:04:06 AM
I have a very interesting person in my inbox since I started posting here. Yes, I find him intriguing, but not because of no photo.

I'm recognized all over this town and have been since my profiles of the summer of 2012. Doesn't bother me in the least and I meet a lot of interesting locals that way.

Karma, I really like that pic, too.
 mrgorton
Msg: 99
pictureless profiles
Posted: 3/2/2015 9:37:44 AM

You did not say why you almost fainted. Could not be worse than mama turning up instead of daughter, 300lbs and using her daughter's pics, could it??

She was not fat..I almost fainted because she was way way older than what she wrote in her profile AND she was but ugly. The funny thing is that she (at least pretended) to not be interested in me because she most likely saw the horror on my face.

Some guys may email a gal without pics but soon he would want to see an image and before they actually meet or he is foolish and can be wasting his time or indeed is desperate for any sort of chance.

I didn't email her, she emailed me. And in retrospect it was foolish for me to meet without a pic first. Lesson learned. But even WITH a pic, the actual girl I would meet may look way worse in real life. Women more so than men, can put on the perfect make up, perfect lighting etc and use a pic a few years old. I never use my "best" pic for this reason. I would rather they meet me and are more satisfied than what they expected than less. Because if it's less you are history.
 BLonde^j^AngeL
Msg: 100
pictureless profiles
Posted: 3/2/2015 10:41:19 AM

Never would respond to a message from a user without a picture. If I can put up pics on my profile, why shouldn't he? To me, it screams "i have something to hide". Be it married or otherwise attached, or not what he claims he is in the looks department.
********************************************************************************

She was not fat..I almost fainted because she was way way older than what she wrote in her profile AND she was but ugly. The funny thing is that she (at least pretended) to not be interested in me because she most likely saw the horror on my face.

I didn't email her, she emailed me. And in retrospect it was foolish for me to meet without a pic first. Lesson learned. But even WITH a pic, the actual girl I would meet may look way worse in real life. Women more so than men, can put on the perfect make up, perfect lighting etc and use a pic a few years old. I never use my "best" pic for this reason. I would rather they meet me and are more satisfied than what they expected than less. Because if it's less you are history.

Mate selection is very dependent on chemistry, at least initially, & OLD does disrupt a man's natural hunting instinct by putting in a filter, but unless a man is able to meet a woman IRL to date he's got to learn how to screen out the fakers (& there are plenty online)

I agree w/ Karma, I'd be wasting time if I were doing OLD & paid attention to the pictureless.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > pictureless profiles