Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > time has taken a toll      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CTRLvector
Msg: 251
time has taken a toll Page 11 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
What if time took a poll?

I wonder what time (being one of the laws that governs the universe) would need a census of?
 Grl_next_door
Msg: 252
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/28/2015 6:57:11 PM
'You must practice the Canuck custom of just saying " morning" stating the obvious - and avoiding the snark remarks. :/
" afternoon"

Hilarious...(chuckles:)
 Dragracer428
Msg: 253
time has taken a toll
Posted: 3/1/2015 3:07:41 AM

You must practice the Canuck custom of just saying " morning" stating the obvious - and avoiding the snark remarks. :/
" afternoon"

For 50+ years I have done exactly that but striving for clarity when posting on forums has carried over into what I say aloud.
Therefore it is really all the formite's fault I got snarled at!!!! LOL

You are a funny lady, thank you for all the laughs
 Dee4166
Msg: 254
view profile
History
time has taken a toll
Posted: 3/1/2015 3:46:18 AM
Another good one is ,"Nice to see you" as opposed to the potentially more loaded, "How are you?" LOL
We really ARE a polite people....lol
 Dragracer428
Msg: 255
time has taken a toll
Posted: 3/1/2015 3:49:19 AM
^^^^^^^^ Big +1 on that.
The older I get the more people are willing to tell me at great length just how they are. LOL
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 256
time has taken a toll
Posted: 3/1/2015 4:53:38 AM
No more 'Good Morning'

Just 'Morning'

No more 'It was nice meeting you'

Now it's 'I'm glad you got a chance to meet me'
 Ouija2025
Msg: 257
time has taken a toll
Posted: 3/1/2015 5:19:39 AM
Ha! I say hello to dogs yet avoid eye contract with people -
I reply to " how are you?" by usually saying don't ask unless you have a shovel. Spooks them and off they go :/
morning everyone "p
 Strings6
Msg: 258
view profile
History
time has taken a toll
Posted: 3/1/2015 5:32:26 AM
Bamagirl,i have no desire to defend myself any further....I am a realist and always have been,it suits me and I like it and it has served me well and I have managed to avoid a lot of misery because of it.....everytime I have ever lied to myself and tried to convince myself that something was good because I wanted it to be I paid for it dearly.

I have a question,when somebody is the victim of an accident that destroys their body we call it a"tragedy" some people escape such tragedy in their lives,age destroys the body and we all face it so how is it not a tragedy as well ?.....I visited a nursing home recently and saw human beings reduced to nothing more than shells staring at the wall....these people were like you and me once.....is this not a tragedy ?
 Maleman999
Msg: 259
time has taken a toll
Posted: 3/1/2015 6:51:12 AM
Instead of saying "hello" to someone, wouldn't it be more positive to say "heaven-o" instead?
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 260
time has taken a toll
Posted: 3/1/2015 7:30:55 AM
I lost my husband when I was 39. Our two sons were 8 and 3. They lost their father; he lost his life and the opportunity to see them grow. Nothing was ever the same.

That might be described by some as a "tragedy". I chose to move forward.

A true tragedy are the people who don't enjoy the time they have here because they fear the future (or lack thereof).
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 261
time has taken a toll
Posted: 3/1/2015 7:42:56 AM

time has taken a toll

For me only in the aspect that, I can still do all the things I ever have, it just takes longer to recover from it, gotten a little wiser, more in tune with what really matters. I have gotten a little cranky about people who lack manners and are rude, but that's just me.

Other than that, times marches on for all of us until your departure. Some early some late, but we're all going.
 Walts
Msg: 262
time has taken a toll
Posted: 3/1/2015 11:19:39 AM

I can still do all the things I ever have, it just takes longer to recover from it

Yep, I concur.

I don't care how well you "look", or how much time you spend in a gym, age does do things to our bodies. And even if you "take care" during your previous years, the "stuff" that you did do, does have an affect on the body of today. The MSL that I ripped last September, is almost back to letting me walk without the noticeable limp. But, with that, I still feel it, and the brace is still put on when I'm being overly active. In my younger years, the rip would not have slowed me down any. But, because I didn't slow down back then, I do have to now. I believe that's the "wiser" part but, I also think I "feel" the pain a little more today than I did back then.
 Maleman999
Msg: 263
time has taken a toll
Posted: 3/1/2015 12:01:03 PM
So true Walts. What gets me are the middle aged and older women who put in their profiles that they're after a guy who is totally fit and a muscle bound hunk who is capable of swimming across the Pacific Ocean or climbing to the top of Mount Everest and back down in one day or less, or some similar feat, who is not far from her own age-and of course makes a decent salary when he's not conquering the world, and makes her laugh to top it off. What happens when the guy in his 50's or 60's starts getting age related aches and pains, and eventually can only swim across a kiddie pool or can only climb to the top of a step stool? Will the guy be dumped so she can continue looking for the Incredible Hulk (minus the green skin)?
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 264
time has taken a toll
Posted: 3/1/2015 12:07:58 PM
^^^ maybe a few. I'm good with a guy close to my age who can grill a steak while I make a salad and we shares some laughs during dinner and a glass of wine, maybe followed up with s nice walk beside the Pacific Ocean and ending with cuddling in the dark between the sheets and planning what we will do tomorrow. Not everyone has unrealistic expectations.
 TrustInKarma
Msg: 265
time has taken a toll
Posted: 3/1/2015 12:19:11 PM

So true Walts. What gets me are the middle aged and older women who put in their profiles that they're after a guy who is totally fit and a muscle bound hunk who is capable of swimming across the Pacific Ocean or climbing to the top of Mount Everest and back down in one day or less, or some similar feat, who is not far from her own age-and of course makes a decent salary when he's not conquering the world, and makes her laugh to top it off. What happens when the guy in his 50's or 60's starts getting age related aches and pains, and eventually can only swim across a kiddie pool or can only climb to the top of a step stool? Will the guy be dumped so she can continue looking for the Incredible Hulk (minus the green skin)?

Wbat gets me are middle aged or older guy who demand younger and/or hot women who are in shape but are not allowed to have standards themselves, and are supposed to overlook his own (physical) shortcomings. And she best not be after his money either. Kind of like an out of shape guy saying "no fat chicks". What happens when he does by the grace of God land a hot thin chick and she balloons up after having some kids and won't lose the baby weight? Will she get dumped for a younger, hotter model too? Yeah, it goes both ways.

I think good genes and healthy lifestyle can go a long way in looking and feeling your best as you get older. The women in my family age really well. My mother, who never uses any makeup and has not used any sunscreen throughout her life, still gets hit on by men, and she is pushing 70. My dad thinks it's funny though. I think good genes and an active and healthy lifestyle can go a long way in looking and feeling your best as you get older. My dad is in his early 70s and he and my mom still go on 10k bike rides, long hikes,and are very active. I hope I'll be like that in my 70s.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 266
time has taken a toll
Posted: 3/1/2015 12:43:39 PM

What gets me are the middle aged and older women who put in their profiles that they're after a guy who is totally fit and a muscle bound hunk who is capable of swimming across the Pacific Ocean or climbing to the top of Mount Everest and back down in one day or less, or some similar feat, who is not far from her own age-and of course makes a decent salary when he's not conquering the world, and makes her laugh to top it off.

Will the guy be dumped so she can continue looking for the Incredible Hulk (minus the green skin)?

My money's on "yes".

From a 48 year old woman's profile here in SoCal:

my inspirations are find a good
Decent mam and get married for ever and ever
But if you are over weight, no hair, short, with out
Your Own house , over 52 please do not try to contact me
Has to be good looking, told with nice body.

The spelling and grammar mistakes are hers.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 267
time has taken a toll
Posted: 3/1/2015 12:51:21 PM
^^ couldn't contact her hmm? Joking, I am joking
I know I can't party like a Rock star any longer. Never did, but at least I used to be able to stay up to see the 11 pm News
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 268
time has taken a toll
Posted: 3/1/2015 1:08:56 PM
I agree Fullmoonguy. There are some on here who base their "power" on their vagina and what it attracts. The "power" of a mature adult doesn't come from their vagina, their wallet, younger, firmer, etc. Power comes from the core. And In Real Life an older man chasing someone 20 years younger or a woman chasing 20 years younger doesn't have "power", they have low self esteem.
 Fire_and_Ice4_You
Msg: 269
time has taken a toll
Posted: 3/1/2015 1:30:40 PM

Has to be good looking, told with nice body

How did she look in your opinion...you must have thought she was attractive to look?
At least at 48....she was willing to date up to 52. Maybe she has her own home too!
Plus...the attractive thing is all in the eye of the beholder.

I was happy to find a few new men on another site today.... that admitted to being my age and within my perimeters....but they didn't want to even consider women their own age (couple years younger)...what's up with that?
Yes...goes both ways.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 270
time has taken a toll
Posted: 3/1/2015 1:44:47 PM
Fire and Ice - we just have to get you here. :) There are a few men your age range I think you would fancy.
My next guy shall be 102 and sleep 23 and 1/2 hours a day - waking only to sign checks to me and compliment my hair. Damn, reality time dog is making that " omg not the carpet" sound.
 norwegianguy123
Msg: 271
time has taken a toll
Posted: 3/1/2015 1:46:21 PM

She says men in their 50's all want a woman in their 20's (ha)

Which = low-self-esteem.

his response:

"The smart men look for women who have a few miles on them, stretch marks, saggy breasts, grey hair and all - as they know that time has taken a toll on their bodies as well."

Which = good/strategic response to get into her pants to such a gal who has low self-esteem about her age/looks.
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 272
time has taken a toll
Posted: 3/1/2015 1:50:38 PM

I also think I "feel" the pain a little more today than I did back then.

Absolutely.

The acl replacements, broken bones and deep tissue muscle injuries.

You wanna know if it's gonna rain tomorrow? Just call and ask.

My last couple of years the ratio of foot chases to captures certainly declined. I did get really good at yelling "I'm turning the dog loose!" before I was winded and they were out of sight and always before I was about to start the hands on the knees....muttering something about "I'm getting too old for this sh!t" Lol
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 273
time has taken a toll
Posted: 3/1/2015 2:03:28 PM

Has to be good looking, told with nice body

So what? She doesn’t want a short, fat, bald guy over 52 moving in with her. And I bet she is short, fat, and ugly and you wanted to move her in with you right away, right?

SMH at some of you guys and your insistence that a woman who wants a good, decent man to marry forever is delusional and should settle for an old wreck of a guy…? As if an attractive, fit, financially stable, tall man is NOT capable of being a marriageable, good decent man??

That list is too demanding? Why? Because it excludes you?
 daynadaze
Msg: 274
view profile
History
time has taken a toll
Posted: 3/1/2015 2:09:58 PM
Oh my, I can hardly do any of the things that I use to so enjoy doing. I use to love to walk, I would walk for hours huffing & puffing up and down steep hills with my Walkman blasting rock music into my ears. I danced, I loved to dance, could dance & dance for hours at a time. Alas it never meant I lost any weight, but for a fat girl, I was quite active, even my last job that I had for 10 years was physically straining, requiring hard work in very hot conditions. I miss just taking off walking or dancing, now I can hardly walk to the car and back. I know it's coming that I will be unable to walk, if I keep living, but I try to do it as much as I can, falling down is a big fear, when I get down I often can't get up on my own. I have a cane but it's awful, it makes my hands/arms/shoulders ached more than the walking does. Even a shower, which I use to also enjoy, it was so refreshing, is dangerous and painful and I have fallen in the tub several times.
 Grl_next_door
Msg: 275
time has taken a toll
Posted: 3/1/2015 5:19:06 PM
I had a bit of a reality check a couple of years ago. A former queen of 'double dutch', I was going to show some eight year old girls how it was done...(they don't do it any more, sadly).

I jumped in between the two ropes and realized I could no longer jump! I was completely caught of guard, I assumed I still could jump, for gawd's sakes...One jump and it was all over ;(
(back problems suck)...
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > time has taken a toll