Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > time has taken a toll      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Grl_next_door
Msg: 76
time has taken a toll Page 4 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
It takes a team to transform the so called supermodels into the gorgeous beings we see in advertising and the media!

Any woman can apply layer upon layer of cosmetics, false lashes, etc, if she has decided it's her claim to fame to be more polished and perfect than the rest. I have not met many women I really like that have burdened themselves by obsessing about their appearance.

When I see someone I think is 'trying too hard' the evil wench in me tries to look past it all and imagine what that woman would look like without all the special effects. I wonder if men do that too.

In my experience, mature men don't really find the illusion all that attractive.
 calguy14
Msg: 77
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/17/2015 7:57:37 AM
^^^
The rag mag pics without makeup are astounding.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 78
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/17/2015 8:19:14 AM

Time has not been kind to you or any of us.

None of us look as good as we did in our twenties---that’s a given. Even Christie Brinkley in a bikini at age 61 doesn't look as good as she did in her twenties. She still looks amazing, though. The truth is that time has been kinder to some people than others. Realistically, you can only speak for yourself. You can’t speak for everyone else.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 79
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/17/2015 8:31:14 AM
It does crack me up when people insist others confuse them with being multiple decades younger than their true chronological age. Good grief! My lifestyle is healthy yet goodness knows that I look like a fit guy in his late-40s. There is nothing any of us can do about the march of time. All we can do is eat right, drink lots of water, and use sunscreen! LOL.
 Maleman999
Msg: 80
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/17/2015 10:14:14 AM

It does crack me up when people insist others confuse them with being multiple decades younger than their true chronological age.

What also cracks me up is when a woman says "I was out shopping with my daughter, and people didn't know if I was the mother or the daughter." I know a couple of women who make that claim. When it's said while in a conversation with the woman, I'll usually say "That's nice", but what I really wanted to say is "Your daughter must be really old looking", since the women who have said it actually look their age, or just slightly younger, even though they will deny it. It must be a woman thing, because I don't know any guy who claims to have people mix him up as being the son instead of the father.
 kj521
Msg: 81
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/17/2015 10:29:47 AM
"There is nothing any of us can do about the march of time."

This may be true, Eric, but a wise man once said.....

"I ain't as good as I once was.....but I'm as good once as I ever was"

...Toby Keith

I'm good with that! ;)
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 82
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/17/2015 10:37:13 AM

Posted by KJ521:
"I'm good with that! ;)"

Easy for you to say as a 36 y.o. hottie woman...a grizzled codger like me wrestles with being a 47 y.o. man.
 kj521
Msg: 83
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/17/2015 10:47:31 AM
Eric.... You're funny!
36 you say? Ok....Yeah....I'm good with that, too!
A grizzled codger? Ummm.....not with the butt you have!

I am sure a whole lot of ladies here would like for you to post a picture of you in those tight bicycle shorts... ;)
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 84
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/17/2015 12:23:31 PM
MISS KJ521! Oh, behave!
Unsure if you are inclined to behave, anyway.
This is a family-friendly online forum. ;-)
 flirtingwithdisaster55
Msg: 85
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/17/2015 2:41:31 PM
Walts, I love your post. I'm perfectly happy in the body I have now -- lumps, bumps, scars, etc. I know that gymnast/cheerleader body I had in high school is long gone and I'm OK with that. It was fun while it lasted. I've decided against botox, facelifts, butt lifts, etc. I'm good with what God gave me and for better or worse, that's how my aging will go. I rarely see anyone in my age group who looks vastly younger than their chronological age. And I see way too many people on here shouting it from the rooftops that "everyone thinks I'm 20 years younger" ... I wouldn't trade all my knowledge and wisdom of my current age to go back and relive my youth anyway.
 Eternityboresme
Msg: 86
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/17/2015 3:19:42 PM
I look my age. I tell nature and my age to bring it on: saggy tits, expanding ass, graying hair, mid-life crisis, possible perimenopause symptoms and all. (It might dash MY wishes for a mid-life crisis baby, oh well.) ;)
 Ouija2025
Msg: 87
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/17/2015 4:12:53 PM
I find that many women, and men here ( forum posters) DO look younger than their stated age
I HATE you
Nothing I can do to change, so I embrace it ( I lie but sounds better than admitting I duct tape my bum higher.
My Mother used to say - " you will be old one day"
I should act my age but then I've never been this age before so not sure how it works
 Tarnished_Knight
Msg: 88
view profile
History
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/17/2015 4:56:17 PM
A previous poster had this to say:

None of us look as good as we did in our twenties---that’s a given. Even Christie Brinkley in a bikini at age 61 doesn't look as good as she did in her twenties. She still looks amazing, though. The truth is that time has been kinder to some people than others.

So, I took some time out from my busy day and spent some quality moments browsing the interweb at recent images of the aforementioned Ms. Brinkley. I have come to some startling conclusions: Apparently somebody WAS in line the day they handed out the good genes and before I post any images of this tired body I'm gonna put in some time with photoshop. Anything to even the playing field with the crappy-assed chromosomes my folks passed on. Oh yeah, I'm also gonna raise the upper limit on my age range.

Oh no, stupid me, I ruined the illusion - Christie Brinkley went under the knife. Bummer.

Sad part of it all is I like the was she looked prior to her cosmetic procedures - she looked more approachable. Human, not a barbie doll.

TK
[still gonna larn me some photoshop off that interweb thang, though]
 Walts
Msg: 89
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/17/2015 5:05:18 PM

I find that many women, and men here ( forum posters) DO look younger than their stated age
I HATE you

Oh, I highly doubt you hate.

And never forget that the pics you see here are of the choice of the person making the profile. We have no idea how long it took to find that pic amongst the others. We have no idea if some touch-ups are done. We have no idea at all, until the candles are light, and the linen is dropped. THEN, and only then, we'll see who is willing and able. And even then, sometimes all it takes is a little breath to eliminate the flame, and all is good in heaven.
 Strawberry_Jello
Msg: 90
view profile
History
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/17/2015 7:37:24 PM
Once again today, without me fishing for a compliment, I was told when I stated my age, "I never would have guessed" This from a woman in a meeting, who has no motivation to flatter me, I have no authority over her and am in no position to affect her job.
But I'm not about to put that in my profile, LOL. Yeah, People are always telling me they are surprised by my age, telling me "You don't look that old." Nobody wants to read that.
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 91
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/17/2015 7:47:22 PM
Damn curb feelers growing out of my ears.

No longer need a brush or a blow dryer.

Getting drunk is getting rougher. Thinking this is a good thing?

Trimming grays is futile.

Self serve kiosks and e-checkout svck.

Coworkers that never heard of Dirty Harry or Bill Jack. WTF?
 Ouija2025
Msg: 92
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/17/2015 7:52:54 PM
ok, curb feelers is a keeper!
we still rule this town, alas bedtime is 8:30pm.
I remember not wanting to go to bed, now I am GREAT in bed, could stay in it 21 hours a day.
Feeling lucky? :/
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 93
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/17/2015 8:09:05 PM
Oh Ouija, I think many of us are great in bed...I know I am. One day last week I came home from work, had a nap followed by dinner...followed by a nap and still in bed at 10. The week had caught up to me. Remember coming home from a party, changing clothes and heading out to work?

Sorry, I don't have curb feelers. Just one lonely hair that is annoying and easily to pluck...if you see it in the right light, with bifocals and a magnifying mirror.

Still hot...I think, with candles and glasses off...and wine.
 calguy14
Msg: 94
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/17/2015 8:17:02 PM
Tiny ear trimmers, your friend.
 Dee4166
Msg: 95
view profile
History
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/17/2015 8:22:29 PM
Ok...don't know what 'curb feelers' are....? lol

But they sound FUNNY!!!

Am I thrilled with aging? Not really...but, at the same time, I feel like I've earned every scar and wrinkle and I always said that I wasn't going to be one of those people desperately attempting to hold on to a youth long past...it's just sad really...

I've been told that I look younger than my age, because of the freckles, I'm convinced, but I don't really care that much, I actually enjoy being out and about in the world and NOT getting the "looks" or the catcalls and whistles etc.
I can leave the house and dress pretty much any way that I want...

As someone else mentioned, we are ALL getting older, and the hand of Time marches on....

Last I checked nobody is "getting out alive"....
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 96
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/17/2015 9:49:16 PM
Dee...

Curb feelers are long hairs that keep growing out of your ear.

They are usually a solo hair.

It grows up to 12" out of your ear. A light colored hair not easily seen in the mirror.

It tickles your ear when you comb your hair. Your hand moves by this long hair and you're like, WTF?!

It's one hair.
 TrustInKarma
Msg: 97
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/17/2015 10:29:09 PM

Once again today, without me fishing for a compliment, I was told when I stated my age, "I never would have guessed" This from a woman in a meeting, who has no motivation to flatter me, I have no authority over her and am in no position to affect her job.
But I'm not about to put that in my profile, LOL. Yeah, People are always telling me they are surprised by my age, telling me "You don't look that old." Nobody wants to read that.

Strawberry, I believe it. And it happens to me all the time too, I don't care what some people here throw at me. In real life, I come across as much younger than I really am. Both men and women tell me this all the time. Maybe it's the way I dress, the way I walk (I have a bounce in my step and walk fast), my voice, my attitude, the fact that I wear hardly any makeup, my messy hair, the fact that I didn't tan at all when I was younger, I don't know.

Several times when I met up with guys who didn't know my age they all assumed I was in my early/mid 30s. I don't look weird or old next to (much) younger guys that I go out with. So it's all good. I do look better in person. My face always looks distorted in pictures, and the camera does indeed seen to add 5 pounds. THere are some really bad pics of me out there, but my Facebook is full of snap shots of myself, and they are not too bad at all. I have random guys friend me on FB, and they don't know how old I am because my DOB is kept private. Again, they all assume I'm younger than I really am. Why be "modest" and pretend this doesn't happen to me?
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 98
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/18/2015 1:07:06 AM

Again, they all assume I'm younger than I really am. Why be "modest" and pretend this doesn't happen to me?

Gee, I don't know. Maybe so as not to rub it in the faces of others who may not think they're as lucky?
 Eternityboresme
Msg: 99
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/18/2015 1:29:40 AM
^^You look great! All of my best
 anita_lay
Msg: 100
view profile
History
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/18/2015 2:01:20 AM
sorry double post