Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > time has taken a toll      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 101
time has taken a toll Page 5 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
Can we all get along? Can we get along?
Can we stop making it horrible for the older people and the kids?
 anita_lay
Msg: 102
view profile
History
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/18/2015 2:04:49 AM

Again, they all assume I'm younger than I really am. Why be "modest" and pretend this doesn't happen to me?

Because it doesn't matter? Because it's not important? Because no one give a damn?
If that's it, if it's just about whether people think you're 50 when you're 55 or whatever...that's sad. It's really, really sad.
Shouldn't we be getting our ego-trips from other things besides this bs? We're past the half-way mark, people. Come on, wake up! There are much more interesting and important issues than whether we still look "young".
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 103
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/18/2015 2:27:05 AM
Eric:

Can we stop making it horrible for the older people and the kids?

Oh, go ahead, Eric, and use my name with your "older people" thing. You could say: "Folks as old or older as CinDB." I'm not sensitive.

Eternity, look at your pics. Wow. Isn't it a lot more fun to post good pics when we're with someone and don't have to be concerned about creepers? What a beautiful photo.

What's the topic? Oh, yeah. Age. Yeah, I finally ... should I post this? Had to have some significant surgery last year to repair my heart, a genetic valve issue that I thought I'd make it through unscathed. One of my docs sure was wrong there, but I'm so happy everything is good now and I take none of those meds I don't like.

Yeah, that's serious stuff but ... I'm one of those "older people".

Everything else is good, though.
 Countryheart1967
Msg: 104
view profile
History
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/18/2015 2:40:56 AM
Pushing fifty and look every bit of it, I can live with that... as if I have a choice. :p
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 105
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/18/2015 3:00:08 AM

You have'nt reached 50? I used to think 50 was old, looking back it wasn't as bad as I anticipated.

Now 60 sucks because the next milestone is..70 ? I don't know anyone who doesn't think 70 is old, though they may say 70 years young.

But like you referenced, it certainly beats the alternative.

They really should have made this dating over 55. Totally different than dating at 45, hell everything's different.
 kj521
Msg: 106
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/18/2015 3:16:28 AM
Ms. Bluemoon....

" Still hot...I think, with candles and glasses off...and wine."

I like your style!

It is all about the attitude (aka wine) lighting and the blessing of fading eyesight!

Not bragging or anything.....but I get told ALL time I look my age but don't act it! Couse it's usually said with a disapproving tone but I think they're really giving me a compliment. ;)
 Walts
Msg: 107
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/18/2015 4:34:12 AM

In real life, I come across as much younger than I really am.

And you take this as a compliment?

I don't know.

I could give ya a few suggestions, if you really want.

Why be "modest" and pretend this doesn't happen to me?

Because a lot of adults find modesty a trait that is attractive in other adults?

Just guessing here.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 108
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/18/2015 6:17:46 AM

Classic and timeless 1992 plea for peace and calm by Rodney King:
"Can we all get along? Can we get along?
Can we stop making it horrible for the older people and the kids?"

Posted by CuriousInDB
"Oh, go ahead, Eric, and use my name with your "older people" thing.
You could say: "Folks as old or older as CinDB." I'm not sensitive."

Good grief, it is not anything about YOU...it is a classic plea for peace and calm in our American history.
URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sONfxPCTU0
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 109
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/18/2015 6:30:59 AM
^^^Joking. That sure fell flat. Thought we could use a joke.
 Dee4166
Msg: 110
view profile
History
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/18/2015 7:02:08 AM

Dee...

Curb feelers are long hairs that keep growing out of your ear.

They are usually a solo hair.

It grows up to 12" out of your ear. A light colored hair not easily seen in the mirror.

It tickles your ear when you comb your hair. Your hand moves by this long hair and you're like, WTF?!

It's one hair.

Thanks for the explanation Clooney....

That is a visual that will now be with me for LIFE.....0_0
 browneyesboo
Msg: 111
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/18/2015 7:06:13 AM
I think "I look younger for my age" should be called something else.
Just like I think "Global Warming" should be called "climate change".
People get the wrong idea and impressions and get all pissy about it.

It's ridiculous to say that some people don't look better than others at
the same age. Who knows what 30, 40, 50 etc is supposed to look like
anyways?

With that said, people are always surprised at my age and I have been
thought a sister when hanging out with my daughters. Not sure why
saying that should upset anyone. I'm comfortable with my delusions
and it's not hurting anyone else. :o)

People who have the need to beat up on people who think they look
younger are the ones with the problem I think. I mean friends and
relatives, sure, maybe give them a reality check if it makes you feel
better...but strangers? How does it take away from your beauty by
letting them have theirs?

L
 whole_lot_of_rosie
Msg: 112
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/18/2015 7:19:06 AM
I'm not in perfect shape, but I like taking care of myself and that includes diet etc. what scares me more about aging is developing mobility issues and diminishing mental capacities. What good is a hot shell if the lights are on and no one is home?
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 113
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/18/2015 7:20:56 AM
Can't remember my ex's birthdays. Damn!

Yeah, I try to keep everything at waist level now.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 114
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/18/2015 7:24:27 AM

I think "I look younger for my age" should be called something else.
Just like I think "Global Warming" should be called "climate change".
People get the wrong idea and impressions and get all pissy about it.

It's ridiculous to say that some people don't look better than others at
the same age. Who knows what 30, 40, 50 etc is supposed to look like
anyways?

Some people (not necessarily the folks who think they do) look better than other people at every age. Doesn't mean they have to billboard.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 115
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/18/2015 7:45:52 AM
I drive by billboards everyday on my way to work.
They are kind of annoying and I rarely read them, but
they are there and I ignore them.

I think the people that pay for them and advertise with
them figure they are doing the job though. But what do I
care?
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 116
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/18/2015 7:59:38 AM

How does it take away from your beauty by
letting them have theirs?

My beauty? I ...

Yeah. I've received some messages after that post here from nice people reassuring me about my looks. I wasn't thinking about myself. I was thinking of other women who haven't been ... shall we say, as "lucky" as some who billboard here. In fact, seems we have a thread about a party where appearance came into play with an insecure friend of a forumite here, do we not?

And that is the downside to billboarding shamelessly as we all know someone does here in nearly every thread. I don't think that's difficult to understand.

So you're saying billboards and folks with narcissistic personality disorder are two unfortunate things we have to ignore?

You know, I think you're right, Boo. I'll try to do that. I sure will.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 117
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/18/2015 8:21:35 AM

So you're saying billboards and folks with narcissistic personality disorder are two unfortunate things we have to ignore?

Yeah...pretty much...hahahahahaha!
and I wasn't talking to you specifically regarding beauty...just saying someone telling me how awesome they are
doesn't take away any of my awesomeness. :o)

People billboard about all sorts of things on here ad nauseam.
Could be their sex lives, their good looks, their spectacular hobbies...whatever.
*shrug*

*puts here eyemuffs on and waits for the onslaught*
 cooldog65
Msg: 118
view profile
History
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/18/2015 8:40:49 AM
At 50, and living a clean lifestyle, I've done alright. I still have room to improve. Grow old gracefully? Not a chance! I'm fighting all the way to the end.

Edit for below...

Karma, the guy contacted you because he liked what he saw regardless of your age. So you were above his range. It's just a number.

It's a compliment from him, not an insult. Is it really any different since you date primarily younger, too? I don't understand why you feel insulted. In my opinion, it's a positive, not a negative.
 TrustInKarma
Msg: 119
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/18/2015 8:46:53 AM
I don't understand why people here get so pissy when some people report that they are told they look younger to other people. Looking yOunger does NOT automatically mean supermodel looks - it just means YOUNGER, not more beautiful than other women the same age. So relax. Especially women here should realize that I always defend women, and have a big issue with older women being treated like sour milk. I won't even consider men who rule out dating women older than themselves, out of principle. I just got a message from this 44 year old guy in the medical field, who seemed interesting, but then I saw his profile and his age range was 25-43. No idea why he even messaged me, since I'm "too old" for his age range, which of course, MUST be younger than him. Deleted the message and I'm not interested anymore.
 Countryheart1967
Msg: 120
view profile
History
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/18/2015 8:56:27 AM
I figure I have two options...

A) I arrive at the end of my journey in a nice tidy package.

Or...

B) I come sliding in flinging mud with a few dents and scratches screaming "What a ride!" :D
 slowitalldown
Msg: 121
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/18/2015 9:01:43 AM
I didn't think the 'party' thread was about appearance, I thought it was about ATTENTION being paid to someone else. I dont recall it being stated this attention was being paid because of the woman's appearance.

But, I guess people can make it about whatever they want. If you're not worried about sticking to the facts as presented.
 StarClassic
Msg: 122
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/18/2015 9:12:05 AM

I figure I have two options...

A) I arrive at the end of my journey in a nice tidy package.

Or...

B) I come sliding in flinging mud with a few dents and scratches screaming "What a ride!" :D

“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body. But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up,totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming .... Holy sh*t, what a ride.”
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 123
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/18/2015 9:50:15 AM

I didn't think the 'party' thread was about appearance, I thought it was about ATTENTION being paid to someone else. I dont recall it being stated this attention was being paid because of the woman's appearance.

But, I guess people can make it about whatever they want. If you're not worried about sticking to the facts as presented.

You may be right, slow. Maybe I misread something there. I did read the entire thread. Did you?

I'm having a difficult time thinking what else it could have been. Never had anyone jealous of me for receiving male attention for my intellect, that's for sure. Have you ever received very much male romantic attention for, say, your intellect or your ... job/career or ... your artistic talent or ... I don't know. Maybe you know something I don't.

I've read quite a bit of research to the effect that most men truly don't care about a woman's intellect, but I may be wrong about that.

Wait. I do recall something in that thread about the friend wasn't outgoing? That could be it. I'm guessing if that friend had been gorgeous along with not being outgoing, she'd have had plenty of attention and that whole thing wouldn't have occurred.

But what do I know?
 slowitalldown
Msg: 124
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/18/2015 10:09:32 AM
I think the person in question was someone new to the group. And while it may very well be that the attention was paid because she is attractive, the fact is she did not say that was why she was receiving so much attention. Which i think is what you were trying to imply. As in, she was being boastful.

I've had loads of male attention due to my personality, certainly not because of my looks, probably more likely in spite of them. Probably due to my intellect. 99% of sexuality is in the brain, you know. ;)

And, i think you do know when you are being catty.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 125
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/18/2015 10:45:10 AM
^^^Catty?

Now that is an adjective no one has every used to describe me. If we were speaking of man here, would I still be "catty"?

No. I simply observe and share my observations. That's all. Sorry you don't agree with them. Can't please everyone.

And you're right about personality. I find that is something people do enjoy, particularly now that I'm an old hag.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > time has taken a toll