Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > time has taken a toll      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 126
time has taken a toll Page 6 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)

.... I saw his profile and his age range was 25-43.

This seems to be the same age group you look for Karma. And the one year difference, him being 44 and looking for 43....lots of folks have this on their profile...the one year or more younger. I think its a guy thing, maybe, that their lady should be younger....even if its by a year.
 Maleman999
Msg: 127
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/18/2015 12:35:49 PM
I've seen a lot comments and profiles from people in the 45+, 50+ age range who are shopping for a rest-of-my-life partner with the requirements that the person must be physically fit with a well toned body and sexy movie star looks would be a bonus. They say they demand this level of excellence because they don't want to be someone's nurse and caretaker. This would be a good formula for a short term relationship, but not so good for anything long term.

At some point, everybody's body breaks down, no matter how fit a person is, and everybody dies. There are ailments and diseases that don't care how well you tried to live beforehand. Are you going to kick a partner to the curb when the partner is in their 70's or 80's and no longer has the physique of an Olympic athlete, and is dealing with arthritis and various other ailments mostly related to old people? The occasional story of some old person doing something athletic is the exception to the rule. How many grandmas and grandpas do you see who are entering marathons-versus how many who are not?
 TrustInKarma
Msg: 128
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/18/2015 12:41:17 PM

This seems to be the same age group you look for Karma. And the one year difference, him being 44 and looking for 43....lots of folks have this on their profile...the one year or more younger. I think its a guy thing, maybe, that their lady should be younger....even if its by a year.

The thing is, the guy is not in remarkable shape or looks particularly great for his age. So where does he go off only wanting to date younger women? This entitlement is such a tremendous turn off for me. I have dated older men,younger men, same-age men, and I absolutely will not date men who will only consider younger women, even if they make an "exception" for me because I look good for my age. I don't consider that a compliment at all by the way. More an additional insult to older women.
 Grl_next_door
Msg: 129
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/18/2015 12:54:49 PM
I am not buying this... " even if they make an "exception" for me because I look good for my age. I don't consider that a compliment at all by the way. More an additional insult to older women"...
 petula1908
Msg: 130
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/18/2015 1:07:02 PM
curiousinDB

You are correct men do not get turned by a woman because she is successful in business, is independent, intelligent etc. is multi-talented. They may find her worthy of respect, admiration, but if she aint hot to his eyes, then no go. The gals that lament a guy is not interested in them despite being successful, and independent etc. are missing the point.

Of course we need more than looks to keep a relationship going and intelligent men would soon get sick of even a pretty bimbo. Or would they?? lol!!
 BLonde^j^AngeL
Msg: 131
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/18/2015 1:13:01 PM

At some point, everybody's body breaks down, no matter how fit a person is, and everybody dies. There are ailments and diseases that don't care how well you tried to live beforehand. Are you going to kick a partner to the curb when the partner is in their 70's or 80's and no longer has the physique of an Olympic athlete, and is dealing with arthritis and various other ailments mostly related to old people?

Ty so much for posting this. My Mom who is still alive, married my Dad & she is 10 years younger than he was. He became ill for the last 13 years of his life & she dealt w/ it, including cancer & a complete laryngectomy.

I raised 2 sons who happened to be in the autistic spectrum & one child had a 2ndary diagnosis w/ a chronic life-threatening illness. So I can relate to not being perfect, having a flaw, etc.

One can be "the gold standard" today (if that is how you measure yourself) & on the dung heap tomorrow.
 petula1908
Msg: 132
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/18/2015 1:15:07 PM
now slowitalldown

You do not tell us that you think that men like you for your intelligence and personality alone. You are an attractive sensual woman and believe me if you were dumpy, frumpy and plumpy, they would not be so interested. They may tell you all about their woes with other women but that would be friendzone and we are not talking about that, are we!!
 slowitalldown
Msg: 133
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/18/2015 1:37:41 PM
Please, petula- I am a middle aged, overweight, average at best woman.

I am not dumpy or frumpy because that is not my personality type. But most men I have connected to it has been due to personality first. I do not do well online, probably as the pic is the thing that matters here. In person, men seem more attracted. And even that is rare.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 134
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/18/2015 2:56:16 PM

I absolutely will not date men who will only consider younger women, even if they make an "exception" for me because I look good for my age. I don't consider that a compliment at all by the way. More an additional insult to older women.

Karma, you and I don't often agree on things---however, I happen to agree with you on this issue. I was willing to date men that preferred younger women, BUT I drew the line at men with age filters. If they had an age filter on their profile that prevented me from making first contact with them, I would not date them.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 135
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/18/2015 3:09:28 PM
BlondeAngel:

One can be "the gold standard" today (if that is how you measure yourself) & on the dung heap tomorrow.

Especially here in forums. Hahahahaha
This entitlement is such a tremendous turn off for me.

Karma, you crack me up, you really do.

Wouldn't it have been great if we had you in here at Aradia's (hi, girl) age? Oh, my.
 whole_lot_of_rosie
Msg: 136
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/18/2015 4:00:06 PM

I just got a message from this 44 year old guy in the medical field, who seemed interesting, but then I saw his profile and his age range was 25-43. No idea why he even messaged me, since I'm "too old" for his age range, which of course, MUST be younger than him. Deleted the message ......

I could be wrong in your case, but something similar happened to me. When I asked him about it, he said it had not occurred to him that he needed to change the age settings as he aged. :d
 whole_lot_of_rosie
Msg: 137
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/18/2015 4:03:41 PM
But I don't understand how he was able to see my profile.........now that I think about it? Hmmmmmm.
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 138
view profile
History
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/18/2015 5:53:07 PM

I absolutely will not date men who will only consider younger women,

from the woman who crows about banging some guy who's younger than her by double-digit figures.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 139
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/18/2015 7:06:23 PM
^^^' Too funny.

Some people put age filters on because they think they have to...it's just a box they fill in. Some are looking for younger because younger somehow seems "better". I wouldn't worry so much about it.
 BLonde^j^AngeL
Msg: 140
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/18/2015 8:33:41 PM
all squirrels are gray in the dark...
 CTRLvector
Msg: 141
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/18/2015 10:05:09 PM
Time takes a toll on everyone, as long as you're at least somewhat routine with fitness you can phase yourself to appear younger than you actually. It is not gender discriminant, everyone gets old, everyone begins to rust. So what? So do something? Or complain that the opposite sex is more vain then the next - opinions will vary, but the fact remains - those that can choose/afford to be vain will do vain.
 TrustInKarma
Msg: 142
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/18/2015 11:13:39 PM
Christ on a crutch, I have dated and will date men my age and older, and yes, I have had sex with those as well. What is your point? The differnce is, some men will not even consider or look for women their age or older. Why are you attacking me for "banging" younger guys? I have also "banged" and I'm open to "banging" older guys if I'm attracted to them.
 BlackLady1953
Msg: 143
view profile
History
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/18/2015 11:18:36 PM
"Today's sweetheart is tomorrow's pariah". That is what a wise man once told me, and it is so very, very true.
 anita_lay
Msg: 144
view profile
History
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/19/2015 12:00:48 AM
^^A pariah to whom? And for what reason - because she isn't young anymore?
Do you honestly care if some men don't want to sleep with you because you're middle-aged? This is addressed to all the women here.
Personally, I couldn't care less.
 CTRLvector
Msg: 145
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/19/2015 1:04:58 AM
@anita_lay

Is there a double meaning to your name or?
 anita_lay
Msg: 146
view profile
History
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/19/2015 1:44:05 AM
I know it sounds strange, especially if you say it slowly.
It's a pseudonym. I was born anita_burger.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 147
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/19/2015 1:53:42 AM
^^^Have you ever been married to a guy named Drink?
 calguy14
Msg: 148
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/19/2015 3:46:51 AM
Highly unlikely a 43 yr old male in the medical field will date older.Making good money presumably he has many options.His intent was not mentioned.Maybe he was actually looking for long term.A little diversion here and there?
 petula1908
Msg: 149
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/19/2015 4:49:26 AM
calguy14

I know a guy in his fifties, married a girl in her twenties. Had two children and they are both miserable and bored with each other. He is not the only one I know either. They are to all intents and purposes, sane. Just got lucky with the hot bod that was desperate for immigration and a better life. So yes, the mail order bride some guys can get. Even just having some sort of nice house and car is like riches to these third world gals and they go for it.
 petula1908
Msg: 150
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/19/2015 4:54:27 AM
Hell, if I were in my forties and looked like Karma I would be going for the younger, hotter stud too.
Christ on a crutch is in his fifties and probably thinks he would not stand a chance, that is his problem.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > time has taken a toll