Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > time has taken a toll      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Walts
Msg: 151
time has taken a toll Page 7 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)

Christ on a crutch is in his fifties and probably thinks he would not stand a chance, that is his problem.

Despite what many people believe, it's not all about looks. Or supposed to looks. For those able to see, it's usually actions that get us to dismiss others, not phucking looks. One day, some of you girls may figure this out but, hey keep "prettying" yourself up thinking this is "the way". Constantly telling us how "good you look" is also a pretty good way to eliminate too. Something some should have figured out before getting out of grade school.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 152
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/19/2015 5:06:17 AM
^^^Amazing, isn't it?

Take a bow, Walts.

Ouija2025
Msg: 153
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/19/2015 6:05:29 AM
Not just time Life experiences can take their toll far worse than time can. Yea I know, whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
Except bears, they will just kill you
I found that after my Partner died I aged 10 yrs overnight.
 TrustInKarma
Msg: 154
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/19/2015 6:41:50 AM
Something some should have figured out before getting out of grade school.

----

I was an ugly duckling throughout grade school and most of high school. Boys didn't give me the time of day, never had a date in school, was harassed and teased by the "pretty girls", who acted like some of the snarky chicks here on the boards. The former beauty queens are now mostly washed up, they had their time in the spotlight, and my time is now, later in life. I'll enjoy it as long as I can.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 155
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/19/2015 7:04:13 AM
I totally get what Karma is saying.
I was also not popular or attractive in high school...I was considered
really average when average wasn't something you wanted to be. When
you're young, I think looks matter a lot. Being smart puts you in a whole
different category. No one is looking for smarts in high school dating unless
the looks are already there.

I'm still pretty average, but most people (IRL) are looking for more, and
I sometimes fill the bill. I have no problem getting attention from men
nowadays and I kind of enjoy being able to pick and choose what I want
to do and who I want to do it with....that's a far cry from my life when I was
younger.

I also will not date someone who specifically excludes me from their
potential dating pool because I am too old. That's not to say I won't date
someone younger or older than me, but if you say you won't date women
over 60 but you'll make an exception for me...I'm not interested.

A lot of the words in these forums make sense to me...I think often it's the
presentation that puts people off. The key is not to be invested in the opinion
of strangers.
 kj521
Msg: 156
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/19/2015 7:25:15 AM
Come on now Karma....some of former Homecoming Queens still got it! ;)

Ok....just teasing! Appreciate your post, though, as it provides much insight.

Ouija.....that aging? Perhaps, emotionally but not physically....cause you are HOT!
 cooldog65
Msg: 157
view profile
History
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/19/2015 7:51:47 AM
browneyesboo
I also will not date someone who specifically excludes me from their
potential dating pool because I am too old. That's not to say I won't date 
someone younger or older than me, but if you say you won't date women 
over 60 but you'll make an exception for me...I'm not interested.

Would this person know your age beforehand or not? I guess my opinion is different. I would be flattered because I would look at being an exception meaning I'm exceptional to them for my age. To each their own.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 158
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/19/2015 7:59:23 AM

I was an ugly duckling throughout grade school and most of high school. Boys didn't give me the time of day, never had a date in school, was harassed and teased by the "pretty girls", who acted like some of the snarky chicks here on the boards. The former beauty queens are now mostly washed up, they had their time in the spotlight, and my time is now, later in life. I'll enjoy it as long as I can.

I went to an all boys high school, then to a male dominated engineering college. Then got a long term GF.

I was lucky to have avoided the whole "short guy" trama while growing up. So I don't feel like dating to make up for past slights.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 159
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/19/2015 8:00:52 AM
I can remember being banned several times from this site because
I apparently was "too chatty" and wasn't offering any substance or
anything of value the forumites could use.

Now it's apparent the rules no longer apply and we are able to flit
from thread to thread offering nothing more substantial than cutsey
flirts with the clientele.

No that there's anything wrong with that.
Just sayin'
 Fire_and_Ice4_You
Msg: 160
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/19/2015 8:01:54 AM
I have found in most instances if the mans limit is under my age and he is older ....and he contacts me, he is usually older than me and lying about his age on his profile.
If that is the circumstance....I will admit that irks me...first he is lying , second he isn't having much luck snagging a younger one because he looks his age, so he decides to go older.
Nope....My thought is "you made your bed...lie in it".....meh!
 browneyesboo
Msg: 161
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/19/2015 8:07:00 AM

Would this person know your age beforehand or not? I guess my opinion is different. I would be flattered because I would look at being an exception meaning I'm exceptional to them for my age. To each their own.

Yes because my correct age is on my profile.
I would wonder why they would make people my age exempt in the first place.
I should say that I mostly find this disconcerting when the guy is my age or older.
They are already assuming I'm not up to snuff even though I'm their age.
I'd rather not be someone's exception...I'd rather be a choice.

But yes...to each their own.
 Eternityboresme
Msg: 162
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/19/2015 8:28:38 AM

This is interesting. When I was in grade school, too -- until I went to high school. By then, I had become quite a beauty. The beauty queens, the grade-schoolers all of these people have grown into wise, mature people with whom I became re-acquainted in later life and we discussed a lot about our respective pasts, over the years. We all have our good times and bad times and what makes any difference is how you worked through it and made your life to what it is today. If you're truly happy now, it doesn't matter if past bullies are all washed up; the fact that you're living well is best success.
 cooldog65
Msg: 163
view profile
History
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/19/2015 8:35:45 AM
Browneyesboo...I assume they would see a thumbnail of your main pic before seeing your written profile which would reveal your age. At first glance at the thumbnail, they like what they see and they may think you're under 60, too.

Makes sense? Or am I making things more confusing and should quit while I'm behind?
 browneyesboo
Msg: 164
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/19/2015 8:50:47 AM

Browneyesboo...I assume they would see a thumbnail of your main pic before seeing your written profile which would reveal your age. At first glance at the thumbnail, they like what they see and they may think you're under 60, too.

Makes sense? Or am I making things more confusing and should quit while I'm behind? [?quote]

Ahhhh...I see your point.
And your gracious compliment as well...thank you! :o)
 cooldog65
Msg: 165
view profile
History
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/19/2015 9:06:29 AM
^^^^^ You're welcome. The exception can become the choice!
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 166
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/19/2015 9:09:16 AM
Boo has a very kissable face :)
 _babblefish
Msg: 167
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/19/2015 10:55:11 AM
every time I read the title of this thread all that comes to mind is the hunchback, toll those bells Quasimodo

ack
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 168
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/19/2015 11:25:43 AM
[qyote]The former beauty queens are now mostly washed up, they had their time in the spotlight, and my time is now, later in life. I'll enjoy it as long as I can.

I find that kind of sad actually.

We all had a few "beauty queens" in high school, a few. There were far, far more just ordinary girls...pretty in their own right, smart...some not so smart. But I'd say probably 85% were average.

It seems just as immature to now do the "yah, well look at me now you washed up old broads" . This seems just like an insecurity or maybe filling a gap with a multitude of men chasing after you. It might be fun; fill the emptiness with a Twinkie and a "nah, nah, nah" to the rest of the world. I would think that an accomplished career woman and mother would have let some of this go years ago.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 169
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/19/2015 11:39:01 AM
^^^Crazy, isn't it?

I was never in any cliques.

I didn't fit into any of them. I was "friends" with everyone.

Yet somehow I got over it ... Actually, there was never anything to get over. Maybe that's because I knew why those girls were the way they were.
 calguy14
Msg: 170
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/19/2015 12:17:59 PM
I did see a profile of a VERY fit redhead in Van recently,age 50.She went on and on with her demands and about how fortunate you would be if you were selected.Then I looked at her age restrictions.20-50.So she wants a successful very fit good looking man at most her age to ultimately form a lasting relationship.But she will boink 20 year olds in the meantime?Don't think so honey,no guy with his wits about him would do this.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 171
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/19/2015 1:37:07 PM
I get your point Calguy, it's like the poster mentioned who will boink or date anyone from 20 to 50 BUT you can't SAY that on your profile. You can DO it, you just can't SAY it. But, you can make mention of the age restriction.

And Calguy, I'm sure the woman in the profile you mentioned will get lots of "hits" from the 20-somethings....but I don't know if she'll find a quality 40 to 50 year old that is searching for someone like her.
 tgif111
Msg: 172
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/19/2015 3:03:53 PM
I want my face to reflect my youthful outlook on life and my high energy level so tomorrow at 8 am I get my face freshened up.
 BLonde^j^AngeL
Msg: 173
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/19/2015 3:15:30 PM

I was an ugly duckling throughout grade school and most of high school. Boys didn't give me the time of day, never had a date in school

Ditto
Your sincerity shows & if you can & want to date younger men (as well as older ones) go for it!
 Maleman999
Msg: 174
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/19/2015 3:36:15 PM
I think if an older guy used the same reasoning to date young women-he was an unattractive teenager who never got dates-it probably wouldn't get as much sympathy as it does for older women dating young guys who are trying to make up for lost time.
 daynadaze
Msg: 175
view profile
History
time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/19/2015 3:36:30 PM
I remember going to my first husband's 10 year reunion (he's 8 years older than me) and having heard for a couple of years about this high school stud he was always jealous of and he didn't want this guy hitting on me, etc. We go, this most popular guy in his high school class, is very short (not the point) but with a really big, long head, like a bobble-head kind of look. He was net even attractive in the face. I thought my husband would look at this reality and know that being jealous was a waste of time, but nope, he still thought this guy was the best looking guy ever. In the eyes of the beholder.

Many of us waste a lot of time wishing for things we think others have, when in fact, they have the same feelings about their lives.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > time has taken a toll