Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > Help with weightloss and medical condition?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ApriLikesWhiteRosesOnly
Msg: 24
Help with weightloss and medical condition?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)

Yeah it is hard here. I lost 2 kg though. Yay!!

Congratulations!
Remember that you must remain active to continue to lose weight,
walk your dog, if you don't have a dog, walk your cat
if you do not have dog or cat, walk your neighbor's dog.
or simply go to the gym.!!
At your age is soooooo easy to lose weight.
 Aradia96
Msg: 25
Help with weightloss and medical condition?
Posted: 3/1/2015 6:29:05 AM

At your age is soooooo easy to lose weight.

Not really, due to my condition.
I need medicating for it sooon.. all in good time.
 tgif111
Msg: 26
Posted: 3/1/2015 1:14:37 PM
I sometimes gain weight through boredom. there's little to do here in the winter.

do you think that could be part of your problem Sarah?
 Aradia96
Msg: 27
Posted: 3/2/2015 11:31:30 PM

I sometimes gain weight through boredom. there's little to do here in the winter.
do you think that could be part of your problem Sarah?

Umm well, I was tired a lot back when I had depression and last year. Now I'm taking specific vitamins (a hell load of inosital, omega 3, and folic acid) my energy is a lot better.
I do gain weight when its cold because it's too cold to move and my joints get stiff and stuff.

I tried to do solid workouts totaling 1500 calories in a week (about 60mins 4x per week) plus some stuff with weights for my legs and arms, back over november january and some of february but I was still gaining weight like crazy -it pissed me the hell off. Like I was getting sooo much activity but still gaining weight, was insane. The workouts were damn intense too. So anyway I stopped exercising so intensely and dropped my calories substantially (partially because of being too tired at the time - depression) and replaced some of the foods, less processed carbs and had fruit instead and more leafy salad. I found I love nectarines, amazing fruit!

I'm recording my weight every 3 days now.
I'm thinking I'll be able to increase excersize again, now I have more energy, just as long as I don't alter food consumption.
I'd estimate I eat about 3000-4000 kj (717- 956 calories) a day. I only have 2 meals and the 3rd meal is more a large snack. Then like 2 snacks - which is just fruit or something healthy and low in calories. The two meals are low as heck in calories as well, like 191-287.

I do feel like it is ***ridiculously** hard for me to lose weight though, I mean I'm virtually starving myself. I think it will shed off easily when I get medication for my pcos. It better lol, not up for more weight gain. ;)

For people who are interested:
Here is my long term weight:
http://i.imgur.com/VGrF85o.png (polynomial fit)
That's my weight every 3 days:
http://i.imgur.com/6IN29en.png
 tgif333
Msg: 28
Posted: 4/29/2015 10:09:56 AM
i just started a fruit and vegetable diet to lose some winter pounds.
i'm substituting pork for red meat.
i hope it helps.
 justdeb1111
Msg: 29
Posted: 4/29/2015 11:39:26 PM
@Op
If you are having trouble losing weight that has been creeping up, may I ask if your life is stressful? My sister had a problem once with weight and it was very strongly related to a hopelessly stressed and non supported job. She dumped the job, found one a heckuva lot less stressful and lost the weight, 20#s, very quickly. If your weight gain is related to life stress, no amount of dieting or exercise is going to help you lose--you have to get out of the stressful environment first, or, get away from people who are causing it.
 Hearton64
Msg: 30
Posted: 4/30/2015 7:25:50 AM
[quite]i just started a fruit and vegetable diet to lose some winter pounds.
i'm substituting pork for red meat.
i hope it helps.

Chicken and turkey are much leaner than pork.
Also stay away from carbs. They are in a lot of fruits!
And a few veggies.
Starches or carbohydrates turn to sugar and then to fat.

Check out the Atkins diet to get some ideas on which
fruits have the highest carbs.

http://www.mydiet.com/5-foods-you-should-never-eat-again/

Nothing white helps too like pasta, bread,fried foods
Cream based salad dressings,white rice and high fructose
corn syrup which is in just about anything that is sweet
and processed.

Walking at a fast pace can't hurt either for as long as you can!

Winters over and Florida is HOT!
 tgif333
Msg: 31
Posted: 5/2/2015 8:53:23 PM
thank you Mz. Hearton, I hadn't thought of chicken or turkey.

I was using wine vinegrette dressing with cauliflower and iceberg lettuce.

i'll check out the site.
 tgif333
Msg: 32
Posted: 5/3/2015 8:26:59 AM
i'm getting off the white bread! lots of good suggestions there.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2015 4:45:11 AM
Whole wheat bread is worse for most..just skip bread or limit drastically.

Whole wheat bread keeps insulin up longer than bleached white bread made from wheat. Thats more dangerous/inflammatory/fattening than a shorter spike time in insulin with just plain old white bread for most of us..If you are gong to have a high activity day, not a bad thing necessarily.( Running a marathon, hiking 7 hours or building a pyramid).

The insulin spike of whole wheat bread is high, ranging between 68 and 85, just like that of white bread. Many people try to make their diet healthier by choosing whole wheat bread, but the effect on insulin levels isn't any less dangerous/fattening than with white bread.Measure your blood sugar after eating one, then the other the next day..measure it later also and see how long it stays up.
See what its doing to YOU specifically.

Add a healthy non animal fat to a bread and it lessens spike ( evoo) or flax oil, also cinnamon/garlic.

I just do not think either is healthy , but once a week is usually OK..
Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > Help with weightloss and medical condition?