Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > My Pet Peeve - Is It Justifiable, or Should I Relax My Standards?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MaleFeasance
Msg: 146
My Pet Peeve - Is It Justifiable, or Should I Relax My Standards?Page 7 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
It's not a matter of "lowering standards." It's a matter of re-evaluating your approach to getting your standards met. If you have supposedly high standards and you end up only meeting "the wrong people," then either your standards aren't as high as you want people to think or you are too contrary to let not getting your standards met interfere with how you select your dates.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 147
My Pet Peeve - Is It Justifiable, or Should I Relax My Standards?
Posted: 4/22/2015 9:16:08 AM

It's not a matter of "lowering standards." It's a matter of re-evaluating your approach to getting your standards met. If you have supposedly high standards and you end up only meeting "the wrong people," then either your standards aren't as high as you want people to think or you are too contrary to let not getting your standards met interfere with how you select your dates.

Precisely. As an example, I've seen out-of-shape people demand that their dating partners be in good shape. They could always "lower their standards" and date other out-of-shape people---but it would be more feasible for them to become the type of person they’re trying to attract.
 ItsNotAlwaysArt
Msg: 148
Posted: 4/26/2015 4:58:41 AM

I am appalled by the fact that some men can't use correct spelling or string a proper grammatical sentence together if their lives depended on it!

gack..same here. I'm working on it, I get many dont know how to type, but text speak does make me nuts!

What really binds me- you get a pop up window on a website that offers "instant online help" or verbiage to that, sure- you click.
Window pops up, you say "blah blah whatever" and you can see the "support staff is typing"...this goes on for 90 seconds and then "how may I help you"
you put your reply in
another 90 seconds of them typing
"have you tried rebooting".
Sorry for going off topic, but same same in this day and age of typed communication...catch up or at least smile when you grunt and point. :)
 smilebrother
Msg: 149
Posted: 5/30/2015 7:04:09 AM
My pet peeve: chewing gum. I hate the smell, the look, and the sound. There's nothing worse than a well-dressed woman (or man in a suit, for that matter) chomping away. Occasional chewing is not a dealbreaker for me, but daily use probably is. So - just how weird does that make me, in your opinion?
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > My Pet Peeve - Is It Justifiable, or Should I Relax My Standards?