Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > The pope and so called selfish couples...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 aj7125
Msg: 26
The pope and so called selfish couples...Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
"I knew a few derps would use this thread as a religion bashing exercise.

Catholics are taught that family is one of the most important aspects of existence. Are they wrong? Or are they evil for thinking that way?"

^^^^^Msg 25.......You are correct, the minority just can't stand Christians and their beliefs.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 27
The pope and so called selfish couples...
Posted: 2/16/2015 7:13:52 PM
^^^No disrespect, but "minority"?

Oh, I don't think so.

Ever read the stats (OkC, I think) on religion and dating? In order to increase dating prospects, the easiest thing to do is to list "atheist" when that option is available.

The article I found is entitled: "At OkC , being an atheist is a date-maker, not a deal-breaker."

Yeah, sorry. Not my study.
 Bebedeleau
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2015 7:30:39 PM
The pope didn't just toss a couple sleeping bags to people for PR. He's been dining with the homeless at night incognito long before he became the pope and continued to do so after.

This concern for world hunger. I would assume you are helping doing something about it? At least locally? If not, then who is being hypocritical? Someone else go help this bum. I'm on my way to dinner. Correct?
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 29
Posted: 2/16/2015 7:37:53 PM
AJ, you know I'm an atheist and I do NOT have an issue with people who have faith. I have no quarrel with Catholics or any Christian or Muslims or Mormons or Buddists or whatever. I have an issue with fanatics. I also have an issue of God, any God, in public schools or any pubic place...you want to pray, go to church or do it at home.

And my thought stands, the Pope should approve birth control as many Catholics use it anyway. The last stat I read on religion and abortion in the US had more Catholics getting abortions than any other religious affiliation. And some countries have children they can't feed or educate yet they are discouraged from using birth control.
 aj7125
Msg: 30
Posted: 2/16/2015 7:44:46 PM
Msg 28....You are doing a study from OK Cupid? Seriously? And that is your final answer? A dating site?...No disrespect to you also but yikes!

Bebedeleau..........Very good post!

^^^^^ Bluemoon, I definitely am not in to fanatics and I haven't seen any fanatic posts in here in regards to Christianity. Just like anywhere, there are fanatics and there are very good Christians and the fanatics are a minority and someone I have no use for. Like radical Islamic terrorists!
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 31
Posted: 2/16/2015 7:47:07 PM
^^^Seems appropriate to quote a dating site. We're on a dating site. Lots of folks quote OkC here.

Where do you get your "minority" stats?
 calguy14
Msg: 32
Posted: 2/17/2015 3:15:57 AM
Why try to propogate the belief that the majority are aetheists?

Is there an agenda waiting in the wings?
The former Soviet Union had no religion.Is there something in their general outlook aetheists wish to emulate?
They were dead.Alcoholism was rampant.People had no hope.
No drive.

Useful idiots?
 another_nail_in_my_heart
Msg: 33
Posted: 2/17/2015 4:11:41 AM
If you want to see selfish parents go to their kid's hockey game in Canada.
 another_nail_in_my_heart
Msg: 34
Posted: 2/17/2015 4:12:25 AM
oops

I meant psychotic parents not selfish. Sorry.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 35
Posted: 2/17/2015 5:35:04 AM

I drink, socially, which in my case translates to maybe a drink once a month, if even that. But I sure didnt drink while pregnant, and I see no contradiction there. If blonde says she didn't drink when she was pregnant, I find no reason to doubt her word.

You see no contradiction because you did not read what she claimed.

As this was the claim:
I also don't smoke, do drugs or drink & didn't do so while pregnant either.

Now read what she wrote and then you can come back and apologize.

Find something real for your outrage.

Irony noted.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Catholics are taught that family is one of the most important aspects of existence. Are they wrong? Or are they evil for thinking that way?

Nope, catholics are taught that the misogynistic evil incompetent douche bag living in the sky who will torture them for all eternity if they do not do what he says, really just loves them.
 aj7125
Msg: 36
Posted: 2/17/2015 7:18:33 AM
Uh oh, there you go again using the words "douche bag". Remember when you got caught with the ........not all rioters were douche bags?

To the other poster, approximately 77% of Americans are Christian
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 37
Posted: 2/17/2015 7:23:29 AM
^^^"Other poster"? Is that me?

Okay. I'll take you at your word. 77% huh? That's what's wrong with this country. People believing total bullshite. Yep.

That doesn't translate to 77% of POF members are Christian/"believers" in the supernatural" at all. Nor does it translate to 77% of online daters are those things.

I've noticed from a young age that the "faithful" aren't real big on critical thinking. jmo
 robaustralia
Msg: 38
Posted: 2/17/2015 9:34:28 AM

Okay. I'll take you at your word. 77% huh? That's what's wrong with this country. People believing total bullshite. Yep.

That doesn't translate to 77% of POF members are Christian/"believers" in the supernatural" at all. Nor does it translate to 77% of online daters are those things.

I've noticed from a young age that the "faithful" aren't real big on critical thinking. jmo

And I've noticed that some atheists such as yourself also aren't big on critical thinking.Some people cling to their religion because of tradition and don't believe most of the theological teachings of their religion.

Which means in effect they are atheists and when atheists like yourself come on an Internet forum and say stuff like religion is evil or bullshite, it makes you look like a real douchebag.

That's just my opinion though.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 39
Posted: 2/17/2015 10:11:56 AM

Uh oh, there you go again using the words "douche bag". Remember when you got caught with the ........not all rioters were douche bags?

No, I only remember people like yourself not understanding absolutes and I also remember other people stating the same thing and me even pointing that out to you.

So you keep f*cking that chicken.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Which means in effect they are atheists and when atheists like yourself come on an Internet forum and say stuff like religion is evil or bullshite, it makes you look like a real douchebag.

When you can come up with any evidence that any god/s exists your claim will be valid, but until then you are just coming off as an apologist.

Because the only difference between a christian and an atheist is;

An atheist does not belive in any gods.

A christians does not belive in any gods, except for one of them.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 40
Posted: 2/17/2015 10:33:26 AM
robaustrailia:

And I've noticed that some atheists such as yourself also aren't big on critical thinking.Some people cling to their religion because of tradition and don't believe most of the theological teachings of their religion.

William, William. You've been in trouble here before for nasty language, you're claiming a PhD and you're calling a poor, helpless little old lady "douchebag"?

There are so many nice folks in your country; too bad you're not one of them.
robaustralia:

Some people cling to their religion because of tradition and don't believe most of the theological teachings of their religion.

So, in effect, what you're saying is "some" of the religious are true atheists, afraid to "come out"? So they cling to ... What again? The holy water? The Virgin Mary? The little wafers with the wine for communion?

Or is it that they absolutely cling to needing the whole "life after death" fairytale to get them through the day?

I don't believe in encouraging weakness, ignorance or belief in crazy supernatural beings, William. Do you?

Maybe it's those little boys the priests are clinging to?
 overunity
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2015 11:28:29 AM
^^^ The religious will always cling to their superstitions.
 aj7125
Msg: 42
Posted: 2/17/2015 12:17:48 PM
Msg 40, good one, from now on we will "decode" what you really said...(sure)......Not sure why atheists get all upset and nasty on here. Well, I do understand some of them and the reasons some of them get that way. I know not all atheists are like the ones in here.....Thank God.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 43
Posted: 2/17/2015 12:36:59 PM
^^^Who's upset again?

It's you "Christians" calling folks "derps" and "douchebags".

The religious always become hostile when faced with those of us who choose reality. It causes them to once again think about how ridiculous it is for them to carry their brainwashing this far into adulthood.

Derp? At your age? lol

Creative minds always have been shown to survive any kind of bad training.

That's quote is attributed to Anna Freud on the subject of religion (and other bad training).

We can't all have creative minds. But at least try, okay? Do some research on all the religions before Christianity that had all the same little "stories" thousands of years before Jesus and scattered all over the planet.

Try that before calling people douchebags and ... lol ... derps.
 overunity
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2015 1:17:52 PM
Once again, a perfect example of how religious people lash out at anyone that doesn't share their "specific" religious belief, or no belief at all.
 calguy14
Msg: 45
Posted: 2/17/2015 1:59:54 PM
Anna Freud.Now who was her daughter that came up with that piece of rubbish analyzing her mastubatory habits which was subsequently proven to be a load of navel gazing bs?

Religion gave the people strength and hope to get through two wars in the last century.Never give up.

A God fearing man.
A man that knows he should do the right thing,and have compassion for those that he is capable of helping.

I can sure think of a few cold hearted aetheists.When aetheists are in the same camp as Stalin,is it any wonder some might view them with suspicion?

aj7125
Msg: 46
Posted: 2/17/2015 3:56:18 PM
Msg 44, you sound like an angry person. The person I see calling others douche bags is HFX. Unlike you, I am not angry. Maybe get out and take deep breaths, and drink plenty of fluids. Good for the soul.
 tgif111
Msg: 47
Posted: 2/17/2015 4:27:12 PM
POPE FRANCIS I HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY TO YOU!

(Italian accent) You no playa da game you no make-a da rules.
 calguy14
Msg: 48
Posted: 2/17/2015 4:42:49 PM
The Pope is a smart guy.

Buys and cooks his own food.
 tgif111
Msg: 49
Posted: 2/17/2015 5:14:36 PM

The Pope is a smart guy.

Buys and cooks his own food.

I must be a smart guy too!!
 daynadaze
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2015 5:34:12 PM
I have heard that it was higher, up in the 80+ percentile, that people in American claim to be Christian, with pretty much the same number of felons in prison claiming Christianity. I don't know what the numbers mean, there are no numbers that I know of, where people who actually live a Christin life are what's counted, don't think that they can commit sins over & over and be forgiven forever, etc. most claiming Christian are not following the Bible. Most people I've talked to who say they believe in God, are not talking about following Christianity, it's just some god that will save them in the end but they do not have to follow any strict Christian (or any other religion) beliefs. And yet they are aghast that I am an atheist, telling me I have to say I believe or else...apparently this god is easily fooled? I don't see what lying would get you in the end, if there was a god and a judgment.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > The pope and so called selfish couples...