Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > I keep getting shady, fake "meet me" notifications from fake profiles      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 birdman001
Msg: 24
view profile
History
I keep getting shady, fake meet me notifications from fake profilesPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
I don't think anyone has mentioned this fact in this thread: When I get the "wants to meet you" message and I go to the profile of the supposed person, it says right there "has not viewed you yet". If they haven't viewed you, how could they possibly want to meet you?! It's a scam.
 LOLTrump
Msg: 25
I keep getting shady, fake meet me notifications from fake profiles
Posted: 6/22/2017 3:47:28 PM

I don't think anyone has mentioned this fact in this thread: When I get the "wants to meet you" message and I go to the profile of the supposed person, it says right there "has not viewed you yet". If they haven't viewed you, how could they possibly want to meet you?! It's a scam.

Go use the meet me app and you will see how.

You do not have to click on the persons profile to select yes, along with the fact you can block people from seeing that you have viewed their profile.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 26
Posted: 6/22/2017 3:49:21 PM
^^^^

POF Damage Control Officer hard at work

lol
 LOLTrump
Msg: 27
Posted: 6/22/2017 3:52:44 PM

POF Damage Control Officer hard at work

So are you saying my information is incorrect or meant in a way to make pof look better?

Simply correcting a statement is just that.
 SLAFFA
Msg: 28
Posted: 6/23/2017 10:13:17 AM
NEWSFLASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LEARN TO USE THE VARIOUS SITE FEATURES, who they are geared for and what they do (or DON'T do) and your success rate will go up regardless of your goal here.

It will also help prevent people from posting nonsense/nothing but wild speculation here at these Forums.

With that pic you are currently sporting, it's no wonder so many women want to "Meet You".
 SunRiseRider
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 7/24/2017 9:16:21 AM
Simple test.
This tab Username Search used to be on the website then it was removed and available pre-login. Now it's gone from the menu pre-login, but the direct link is still there. (The forum rules forbids me from stating the link).
So you can use this to see if a meet me is bogus.
You know who wants to meet you at no cost.
You can also Google "POF username".
If nothing comes up it MAY be fake. (I have an example that the above link found but Googling found nothing).
If a link to POF and that username comes up BINGO!

POF: You need to find a better way to make a worthwhile charge to users. I have paid other sites in the distant past and I believe that POF is far better than most dating sites and it's free. Up your game and charge HALF what everyone else charges and you've cornered the market. Once the software is written and proved it's all money in the bank and a successful business.
 SunRiseRider
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 7/24/2017 9:23:18 AM
Actually, on the Meet Me menu you don't need to go to someone's profile.
They just click Yes based on the pic and the summary, then they have not viewed your profile.
It's just a quick way of letting people know you like them. If you then message them they might respond.
However, this is not guaranteed as I've had ladies message me then not reply to my response.
So it's all hit and miss. The programmers just need to come up with more ideas to get us talking.
 LOLTrump
Msg: 31
Posted: 7/24/2017 10:48:55 AM

POF: You need to find a better way to make a worthwhile charge to users. I have paid other sites in the distant past and I believe that POF is far better than most dating sites and it's free. Up your game and charge HALF what everyone else charges and you've cornered the market.

Just an FYI, POF (which is owned by Match) already has the biggest share of the market.

Once the software is written and proved it's all money in the bank and a successful business.

POF is already a successful business which is why Match paid some ~$570million for it.
 MArk of a Good Man
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2017 3:10:08 AM
Yep me too.. and quite often when I have logged on then out of the site...

Seems since they gone all subscription focused, they are trying to make you upgrade in the belief you are missing out.

I am so sorry the following (fictions) members who will never get to meet me!

Gilly7942, Connie2647, Helenback28, Pocikute187xx, Meljx47, Cruzix33, Binibining_joyce892, Libbylou99, Patrizia4, Riosni374834, Janefarlopa_5447, Afrc92, KaitlynGimson15, MadisonMarlow55, Olivia958, Steppauijjk288, Kellyo6668, Nyawiieo3482937234, Picklepot1, Fairylady79, Lady_Hampshire, Vigucotem518 ....
 ForumLurker
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2017 6:57:19 AM
Even though there is nobody to enforce the rules here the rules still state that you are not allowed to post user names/identify users in the forums unless you are referencing someone who posted within the thread that you name them in.

EDIT:
I am paraphrasing the rules. Just to be clear.
 MichaelfromWorcester
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2018 8:53:57 PM
I agree that the messages are fake. Some sites like Ashley Madison do this and if you read the Terms of Service they state that some profiles and messages are fictional and for entertainment only. I checked out POF's TOS and did not see any disclosure.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > I keep getting shady, fake "meet me" notifications from fake profiles