Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Creative/Writing  > A TIME OF GRACE.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LOLTrump
Msg: 26
LENT: Period of fasting, Moderation, and Self-Denial Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)

“Father, show me the next step toward unity and the ‘home’ that you have for me.”

It is easy my child, stop being a racist loon.

god
 Aprilovesrosas
Msg: 27
LENT: Period of fasting, Moderation, and Self-Denial
Posted: 3/18/2017 11:07:40 AM
LolTrumpFunchesflotrump.

Stop talking like that, or you will be detained on charges of Blasphemy"

=========================

Now on a REAL serious note:

This thread has a lot of heartless people commenting, please do not be one more.

Say something about lent or do not say anything at all.

Thanks

April
 LOLTrump
Msg: 28
Posted: 3/18/2017 11:56:41 AM

Well looks like you sinned again, but either way, as you wish.

Lent: is the practice of pretending where you give something up that over 60% of the world already does without as some type of sacrifice.

It is also based on teaching that are found in the book known as the bible, which contains many allegorical tales, of which many had been plagiarized from earlier books and is understood by all intelligent people of Earth as being all made up.
 _babblefish
Msg: 29
Posted: 3/18/2017 12:08:09 PM

i lent my copy of Norse Mythology to a friend..
 Aprilovesrosas
Msg: 30
Posted: 3/18/2017 12:44:43 PM
^
Madam
Thank you for your "honest" comment" on a LENT thread.!

From Msg # 24 The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’
Peace and love
Have a blessed day.!
 Aprilovesrosas
Msg: 31
Posted: 3/19/2017 8:07:04 PM
What is water in the Bible?

Water symbolizes Gods Word.
In both Psalms and Ephesians water is a symbols of God's word.
Ephesians 5:26 to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word. In Isaiah the water is a simile for the knowledge of God.

I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean from all your uncleanness, and from all your idols I will cleanse you.-Ezekiel 36:25

But whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty again. The water that I will give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”- John 4:14-
 Aprilovesrosas
Msg: 32
Posted: 3/21/2017 8:53:00 PM
Say to the Lord, "My refuge and my fortress, my God in whom I trust."

For he will rescue you from the snare of the fowler, from the destroying pestilence. With his pinions he will cover you, and under his wings you shall take refuge; his faithfulness is a buckler and a shield.
You shall not fear the terror of the night nor the arrow that flies by day; Though a thousand fall at your side, ten thousand at your right side, near you it shall not come. Rather with your eyes shall you behold and see the requital of the wicked.

Amen.

Have a Good evening.!!
 PennyAnte
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2017 9:28:56 PM
On Ash Wednesday the beginning of the Lenten season Catholics go to a mass where they receive ashes made sacramental by burning the palms from the Palm Sunday prior to that past Easter season. When giving the ashes the priest says:

"Man you are dust and unto dust you shall return" It is not an silly ritual. It is a reminder that we are mortal and that life is frail and should be considered our greatest blessing. Just to breathe life into this "dust" and give me life. To be created. To be human. To be mortal. To be flesh.

All of the stories in the bible maybe allegories and maybe none of them are real...but my breath is real and my life is real and that I know I could not have these without a power much greater than myself. It does not matter what religion I believe in or who or what God is or whose story you believe about our origins. We breathe the breath of life.

I think that Lent is a time to reflect on the beauty of life as life is in itself. That life is a GIFT.

Lent perhaps is to not give away but perhaps give up the time that all of our things take away from the time we could be thinking about God or Life and the blessing of just being alive.

To just BE. I am.
 LOLTrump
Msg: 34
Posted: 3/22/2017 7:27:02 AM

It does not matter what religion I believe in or who or what God is or whose story you believe about our origins. We breathe the breath of life.

That is correct, as all of those religions have one thing in common, they have simple answers to complex problems that weak minded people tend to find comfort in.

As the true complexities of the world are literally beyond their comprehension and as such they sink to the simple answer that some sky man did it. While ignoring all the facts and evidence that clearly refutes all claims made.

I think that Lent is a time to reflect on the beauty of life as life is in itself. That life is a GIFT.

The thing is, you only think that because of what part of the world you happened to be born in.

Life is not a gift, it is an accident at best.

"Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die."

Morty Smith
 Aprilovesrosas
Msg: 35
Posted: 3/22/2017 5:55:36 PM

I think that Lent is a time to reflect on the beauty of life as life is in itself.

Very deep and beautiful thought, thank you.

Life is not a gift, it is an accident at best.

@Loltrump,
I am sorry your soul feels that way.
{Our}....life is not an accident, It’s no accident we (you) are where we are. Even if we got there / here because of an accident.

Our Father God has a perfect plan and there are no accidents with him. The family you were born into was no accident. The country you live in, the language you speak, the friends you have, your weaknesses, mistakes you have made, poor decisions—none of them are accidents to our father God. Nor the Failures with your spouse and children, things you wish you had done differently, painful experiences—none of them are accidents to God.

I hope your soul finds joy, peace and hope.
I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright
I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun more
I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive
-??-

"Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die.

WE ALL HAVE A PURPOSE IN THIS LIFE.
Only our body will die but not our soul.
Please make sure you change that sad attitude towards life.

=================

Loltrump.
If you comeback to post on this thread, please post something POSITIVE. Not argumentative .SOMETHING ABOUT LENT... or nothing.!!
With all my love to you,
April.:):)
 LOLTrump
Msg: 36
Posted: 3/22/2017 6:40:47 PM

{Our}....life is not an accident, It’s no accident we (you) are where we are. Even if we got there / here because of an accident.

Yep, it was, sorry to let you down like this, but that is the truth.

Our Father God has a perfect plan and there are no accidents with him.

If his plan was perfect, why did he need to kill everyone when it all went sideways, which was a direct result of him creating different languages.

Because if what you say is true, then the invisible man you refer to as god is one giant azzhole.

April, the long and short of it is, the book/story you believe is so full of holes it is literally laughable that anyone believes it.

If you comeback to post on this thread, please post something POSITIVE. Not argumentative .SOMETHING ABOUT LENT... or nothing.!!

K.

Lent, some guy in a book dies and we all get chocolate.
 Aprilovesrosas
Msg: 37
Posted: 3/22/2017 7:55:07 PM

If his plan was perfect, why did he need to kill everyone when it all went sideways

God didn't kill EVERYONE in the flood and you know that.!!
 LOLTrump
Msg: 38
Posted: 3/22/2017 8:16:01 PM

God didn't kill EVERYONE in the flood and you know that.!!

True, he spared a 600 year old man, his family and all the animals who were in walking distance of his house.

It was just 99.999999% of all other living things he killed, my bad.

Unfortunately it still does not solve your problem.

As it is still one of two things.

1. He did not screw up and it was his plan all along. (thus making him a azzhole for causing all that suffering which he already knew he would)

or

2. He did screw up and thus your boy is not really a god, but is just a work of fiction.

Now because I am also a god, I already know that you will not be able to refute anything I have said, but feel free to try as it assumes me.
 Cynderella
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2017 11:29:36 AM
Dearest April...

As one knows there are three sides to a story. Both parties sides and the truth is somewhere in the middle.
I felt compelled to share my side, and you can find your own truth.

My part started in thread:
https://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts16596190.aspx
Page 10
Message 228
Miss Halcyon Skies and Miss Penny Ante were having differences of opinions. As many do on here.

Miss Penny wrote a poem "Flying High" which to many, myself included, was in reference to Miss Skies. When I posted message 228, it was in hopes of stopping the back and forth which was spilling over everywhere.

Miss Penny told me to "FXCK OFF" in message 230.
I responded back in 233.
Miss Penny denied the poem, "Flying High" was about Miss Skies said it was about her friend with an addiction, then changed her story and said it was about her sister whom has passed. Yet the poem was in present tense, not past tense.
I wrote that I was truly sorry for the misunderstanding message 241.
She then turned her attacks on me.
Through her poems, "Attention Whore"
"Mag the Hag" "Greeting Cards and Syrup", "Darkened Door", and many more abusive poems. She threated to do damage to my thread about my children that have passed, and are Angels in Heaven:
https://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts6434474.aspx
Page 36 message 876

I asked her please to leave me alone and she became ruthless and relentless.
I again begged her to stop the madness on my thread in Poems and Quotes "On the Wings of an Angel"
Page 39 message 953

She claimed she doesn't read my thread but yet makes reference to my poem in "Walking in my Shoes" to the loss of her son.
I just lost my son a week before his 25th birthday and l am in the middle of such grief. My other son was in a horrific carwreak in Jan.

I didn't need such non-empathetic attacks.
I just want to be left alone in my time of grief.

I hope you can see things from the other side, and judge for yourself.

Thank you Cynthia
 PennyAnte
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2017 12:27:56 PM
Cynthia.. yes, I saw in your history many "poems" that I could have taken personally. No I don't go to your page to deliberately read your poems. I'm not attacking you. There are no "sides". I'm not beefing with anyone here. Someone called to my attention that you had used my user name in a post and that I should report it so I went to look at your history. I didn't care. That's fine, you can use my name all day long. This is your fight. I'm not in it. I didn't report you. I read your history. I did lose a son too. After that God blessed me with four daughters.

I didn't want to disclose it was my sister. So I said friend. My back was up to the wall. You kept badgering me that I was lying and I wasn't. I don't know about your life or Skies. I like to come here to write poetry. That's it. Yes, I wrote some poems that were angry. I admitted it in the appropriate place. This thread here is about Lent. Why are you here and why didn't you try to talk to me when I contacted you privately?

All of this dragging other people into it is so unnecessary. What are you trying to accomplish besides wanting to convince people that I should be hated? What is your intent here? If you are trying to illicit another apology from me, I already gave you one. That should have sufficed.

If we are going to be so HONEST.. your thread about Angels is not just about your children dying. There is some very hateful, angry, mean spirited things that have been written by you and bantered back and forth pages 36, 37, 38. I did not internalize them. I didn't take them personally although I am certain that some of those little ditties were performed specifically for me. If you have unresolved rage or anger with me you could come to me or go and talk to your pastor or your therapist. Why continue to spread this mess when you otherwise could spread a good message with your poetry. Carry on there. Do what you do. No it's not my cup of tea, but so what?

I asked you and I will ask you again. Lay down the hatchet. I was honest in my response on my poetry thread "Dear April". Please try to do the same.

"The Scapegoats Song"

In my defense I didn't lie, just put to the constant test and to be so criticized
To be so humiliated because of how I related to a post where I could read into
what truly seemed like an addiction problem to me.

I was correct and without respect still got pressured and tested
Pushed up against the wall. I would preferred to tell them all..
It was just a friend. She was my friend but I had to disclose
That she was closer than more than I wanted people to know..

To and fro there were low blows and here and there they dragged me
Through the mud. This is not a diatribe. I don't need one
Not to hide how I was bullied by all your "friends".

If you looked back at the past and read again how in
Troubled waters I learned to swim. If you look back now in history
You will see now I don't need sympathy. It's not for me.

Never did I relish in the sympathy that made other's jealous.
I would rather someone say I was brave or I had courage
Than to be led to a pity pot to be discouraged.

I did not lie. I just tried to keep my sisters soul at peace.
Yet there at a constant I was haunted because a narcissist believed
It was all about her. So shoot the messenger.
I guess her protesting and fury had nothing to do with me.
I will agree. My poetry is not for everyone.
I found a place here where I can express for some.

If you want to think it's about you then I have no control over what you do.
If it's painful and you relate perhaps you are misdirecting the hate you hate.

When youre asking for validation perhaps youre not getting your sensations
Theyy do finally relieve you of your sickness and in it's viciousness so you can feel better.
Good on you. I hope it helps. It doesn't affect me. I can surely tell who she sends
To do her bidding while she laps up her victories.
Perhaps sitting awaiting the post she hopes will pierce me the most
From all of those whom she has vetted.

That's the trait now they say of the Golden child. It is passed down
It's in a twisted family dynamic. There is no cure for her I know why
She doesn't see herself as wrong. That is only the scapegoats song.
For she has long been gone labeled the blackest sheep. Don't weep

So here I'm not forlorn. There is nothing new. I've been a target before.
Triggered by nothing more than a look or a stare. Here they were just simple words.
I maybe read backwards but my intent was never what you said it was.
I was just writing here with a poetic license that I will use as I may.
I think I have the right. I'm not picking the worn out fight.

I think I can say what I want to say.

Cynthia. You got roped in. You were USED like a flying monkey for triangulation to do some dirty work for someone who is very self absorbed. I'm sorry for you. You should be careful. Fight your own battles. Feel your own feelings and don't let others hoover you into situations that would best be left as none of your business. Those poems you think were about you.. were just angry poems. Interpret them as you wish. God bless you. I'm sorry for your loss. I hope poetry helps you as much as it does me.
 Aprilovesrosas
Msg: 41
Posted: 3/23/2017 2:36:44 PM
PennyAnte and Cynderella

OUR FATHER GOD WORKS IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS, ......... God will make a way when there seems to be no way.!

He is great, the fact that you two are in this thread saying and confessing your past disagreements with each other, IS a miracle. It is not an accident He know how to do the things, He knows
WHERE AND WHEN... God has a perfect plan and there are no accidents with him.

Please have patience with each other because the Holy Spirit IS already working within you two.

God wants us to forgive one another and Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, through the bond of Mercy and Love.
Just for now Bear with each other while the Holy Spirit works on you two.

Perhaps you two do not know each other in person, but it is important that the two of you reconcile with one another for the sake of your own spirit that is suffering within you...And you two and me KNOW the feeling I am talking about...Not a good feeling is our spirit within us that is suffering.

In this time of Lent it is precious time to make that peace that you both, Two strangers on the internet need.

God blessing to you both, And I hope that God will give you two the maturity and strength sufficient to discern between these misunderstandings of the past and the now present

Throw the first stone the one who is free from sin, We are every day fighting against that evil that convinces us to do wrong things just to keep us in his dark site..Do not allow it, keep fighting because the light will illuminate the darkness and will set us free to walk God's path.

God Bless you.

April
 Cynderella
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2017 3:12:47 PM
Thank you April these words mean the world to me.
He does work in mysterious ways and I can't hold hate in my heart.
The pain goes deep but I do have forgiveness.
Bless you
Cyn
 LOLTrump
Msg: 43
Posted: 3/23/2017 3:39:21 PM

Just for now Bear with each other while the Holy Spirit works on you two.

Hey speaking of bears, do you remember that time the thing you call your god sent those bears to kill those kids because they made fun of some bald guys?

If no, here is a reminder:

Elisha and the Two Bears (2 Kings 2:23-25)

23 Elisha left Jericho and went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, a group of boys from the town began mocking and making fun of him. “Go away, baldy!” they chanted. “Go away, baldy!” 24 Elisha turned around and looked at them, and he cursed them in the name of the Lord. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of them. 25 From there Elisha went to Mount Carmel and finally returned to Samaria.

Once again, that dude sounds like a real azzhole.
 PennyAnte
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2017 4:28:37 PM
Cynthia,
I didn't know you hated me and don't understand why or how that came about but I am please to know that you are no longer going to hold that hatred against me or resent me. Resentment will only hurt you. I don't have those feelings towards you. I feel sorry that you got sucked in and I think you were taken advantage of and USED. That is just my opinion and doesn't need discussion.

If the pain goes very deep and I was the cause of it I will apologize again. I didn't realize that mine was such a horrible transgression but what I will NOT do is get into every detail of every line of every poem and expression of poems I write. Tense, past tense, terse, verse. NO. I'm not trying to "come off" on anyone and I don't think it is fair for me to have to be pressed to give explanations when other people write questionable poetry, LIKE YOURSELF, and no one demands an explanation from you.

So let us as I have ask before and if it is truly in your heart that you have forgiveness..." bury the hatchet." This is the THIRD and LAST time I will come to you offering an olive branch.

There is no mystery here. God would want us to make amends, repent and ask each other for forgiveness. We were both hurt in our transactions here. NO ONE WINS. No one is a victim. No one is better than anyone else. No one has been hurt more than the other. This has all just been sorry communications. It's time. way past due. To end this. Agreed? I hope so.

Mary Beth
 Aprilovesrosas
Msg: 45
Posted: 3/23/2017 5:54:54 PM

This has all just been sorry communications. It's time. way past due. To end this. Agreed? I hope so. ...Mary Beth

Amen to that ^.

PennyAnte and Cynderella .....They both taught us a great lesson of forgiveness in REAL life.

Thank God for sending the Holy Spirit to enlighten the Soul of PENNYANTE and CYNDERELLA.
No more darkness, only Light, Peace and Love would dwell within their Soul from now and on.
The light of God always overcomes Darkness.!!!

========

Pssst...I will tell you both a secret......please don't tell anybody.
I did cry a little..Yes, God is love and he hear and answer to our prayers.:)
 Aprilovesrosas
Msg: 46
Posted: 3/24/2017 10:56:59 AM
LENT THOUGHT :

"A Just Man Falleth Seven Times, and Riseth Up Again...The Sincere Soul Falls as a Traveller May Do, By Stumbling at Some Stone In His Path; But Gets Up, and Goes On His Way With More Care And Speed. -Proverbs 24:16 ----Psalm 34:19

Do Not Rejoice Over Me, O My Enemy Though I fall I will Rise; Though I dwell in darkness, The LORD is a Light For Me.

The spirit is strengthened for the spiritual work and the spiritual warfare, by true WISDOM.
A weak man thinks wisdom is too high for him, therefore he will take no pains for it.

It is Bad to do Evil, but WORSE TO DEVISE IT.
Even the first risings of sin in the heart are sin, and must be repented of.
Those that strive to make others hateful, make themselves so.
Under troubles we are apt to despair of relief.
But be of good courage, and God shall strengthen thy heart.

Proverbs 24:16
 LOLTrump
Msg: 47
Posted: 3/24/2017 11:40:08 AM

It is Bad to do Evil, but WORSE TO DEVISE IT.

So if that is true and god is all knowing, and as such everything he does is planed out, then the thing you call your god is by you words worse than evil.

Maybe it is time to find a new invisible friend as the one you worship sounds like a total d*ck.
 PennyAnte
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2017 12:44:31 PM
God does not devise evil. Let us for a moment use the word as inherent. Yes, God knew us as human as inherent creatures of evil. He created that duality in us so that we may know joy from sorrow, pain from ecstasy, poverty from wealth, and yes, Good verses bad.

Perhaps he did not plan to keep Adam and Eve in this allegory to be held captive in the garden forever. All he asked was that they not eat of the tree of knowledge. Perhaps because he wanted to impart knowledge to them himself teaching them all that was good first and then knowing this he could by comparison show them what was evil. Yet in this story Eve disobeys and she tantalizes her husband to do the same.

So she eats from the tree and finds knowledge that she can not comprehend knowing not goodness she can not recognize what is evil.

Maybe God made us this way. Inherently good. That each one of us no matter what we have done or have failed to do we all have goodness in us. What goodness and greatness we fail to find in others we can not see in ourselves. The serpent knew this well and he used it to trick Eve to make her believe that she was a prisoner in Paradise. There she followed him believing his deception and not understanding God's instruction or the reason for it. She allowed the serpent to misguide her and her sin was the only real sin that any man commits was selfishness.

All sin is rooted in selfishness.

Selfishness is a sin because it keeps us separate from God or makes us believe we are separate from him, in need, in lack, without abundance, without grace and unloved.

God did not devise evil yet he allowed it because he wanted his children to obey him of their free will. He did not want them to feel like they were held captive by his love, his protection, his guidance, his laws. He wanted to be worshiped because he was loved not feared. Admired and revered because of the beauty he created not the pain and anguish and brutality of mans inhumanity to man. Humans harbor hatred, wage wars, kill, steal, maim and can be fatal with mere words. These are not gifts from the holy spirit. These are traits inherent in humans.

Perhaps in Eves haste to pluck that forbidden fruit she lost the opportunity to discover what living but by the grace of God would have had to offer her. Her curiosity and defiance got the better of her and in the story the punishment that was most severe, beyond pain in child birth and the sweat of your brow in toil was that very separation from a all knowing, all loving God.

Lent is the time to bridge the gap of the separateness we feel from our God, our creator, our Higher Power. It is a time to reflect on that relationship and put it in the proper prospective in your life and keep it there. When we have true reverence for that relationship everything else will fall into place. Not necessarily in your good time but when the timing is perfect in God's mind.

I see you continue LOL Trump to come back here with the same argument that God is a punitive d8ck (your words not mine) . I do believe that some of the old testament stories are very harsh and that that God of Abraham was a God of wrath and vengeance. He did not tolerate the sodomites and so Lot's wife turned to a pillar of salt. Job had to suffer unbearably to prove his loyalty. The great deluge seemed like an unjust punishment for all except for eight. Moses smashed the first tablets and became furious over the golden cow. Yes, there are many bible stories that seem cruel. I agree.

However a Christian was taught a new way. The only way. That the one true vine had many branches and that through him all sins would be forgiven and Christ incarnate would show us how to be of the flesh yet Godly and becoming to a loving, giving, gracious, merciful God.

If it is true and Christ did perform all those miracles. He made the blind see. He made the cripple walk. He fed thousands with only a few loaves. He turned water into wine. He walked upon water. Could he not have carried that heavy cross like it was a toothpick upon his pinky finger? Of course he could...

He did not. Why? Because he came here to show us our humanity. To show us God incarnate. To show us God made flesh. To teach us that with God all things are possible. No. He did not carry that cross like a plaything. He fell under it. THREE times. Three times to show us that we are fallible. We will falter. We will make mistakes. We may suffer.. but we can conquer anything with GOD. He came to conquer death so we should no longer have fear of it and be mislead by people who want to control what we believe because we are afraid to die. He came to rise again to prove to us that God does grant us eternal life and that these bodies we are supposed to hold here as temples are simply here temporarily and only for us to do God's work.

I know you will disagree Trump.. and that is okay. I do not believe in this punishing God you speak of. I believe in the mercy of his redemption and the miracle of his resurrection and the light of the world to come.

Amen.
 Aprilovesrosas
Msg: 49
Posted: 3/24/2017 1:03:25 PM

God did not devise evil yet he allowed it because he wanted his children to obey him of their free will. He did not want them to feel like they were held captive by his love, his protection, his guidance, his laws.

This is Worth repeating it:
he wanted his children to obey him of their free will

I know you will disagree Trump.. and that is okay.

I agree with you.!!
"that... is.... okay" because of the Free Will, that is another Prove that GOD LOVE US.

LOLTrump
Msg: 50
LENT: Silly tradition
Posted: 3/24/2017 3:31:07 PM

Perhaps he did not plan to keep Adam and Eve in this allegory to be held captive in the garden forever.

There is no perhaps about it.

Either the thing you describe as god knows everything, or it doesn't.

So if he built it he knew exactly what was going to happen or your god is a fake and the whole story was just made up.
Show ALL Forums  > Creative/Writing  > A TIME OF GRACE.