Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Nearing 40yrs not 1 Relationship      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kj521
Msg: 51
Nearing 40yrs not 1 RelationshipPage 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Have to agree there Crookcatcher....not even OK as a joke.

Very disturbed individual, indeed!
 ThePig0fYourDreams
Msg: 52
Nearing 40yrs not 1 Relationship
Posted: 5/4/2015 3:59:38 PM
Am I the only who's noticed an influx of new people on the forums? Not to mention, a good number of them have been from the UK. (supposedly)
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2015 4:10:27 PM
I noticed the same thing. All these dramatic "we went on a date and then THIS (insert ridiculous story) happened" threads. Totally fake, imo.
 Baffalobill
Msg: 54
Posted: 5/5/2015 12:35:35 AM
Well in my case i wish i could say it was all fake, But unfortunately not so ....

At least now I know there are others with similar problems, and that I am not alone in this.
feeeeeeeeeew well what a relief !!! haha.

Although in stating the above... I certainly would not force myself on or demand anything from a woman. I know i am not a Nasty,Heartless Barstard..
 Baffalobill
Msg: 55
Posted: 5/5/2015 12:55:28 AM
Weather you feel like it or not mate I think you should still put up at least 1 profile pic so at least women can get an idea from your written profile and put a face to it.....We are not all Brad Pitt look a likes on here !!! It would express to them that you are if anything honest enough to show yourself !!!
 kj521
Msg: 56
Posted: 5/5/2015 3:49:17 AM
Wheedled...

"Oh well, just have to except my lot in life."

Either that or seek professional help.....because your posts and profile certainly reflect the potential to be a harm to yourself and others.
 kj521
Msg: 57
Posted: 5/5/2015 7:48:10 AM
Washed up?

Well...if I do say so myself....I do clean up pretty well! ;)
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 58
Posted: 5/5/2015 8:20:40 AM

But if I was a female living as I am, I could get sex and relationships easy no matter how I looked. Oh well, just have to except my lot in life.

Spoken like a true defeated, woman-hater, defeatist victim.

You've given up and after that what is left is to find the justification for giving up. No need to try something new, different, or change your own paradigm. It's easier, better to accept your victimhood and your lot in life.
 cooldog65
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2015 8:22:37 AM
^^^^^ Great comeback Kj.

Wheedled weaseled out of here.
 ThePig0fYourDreams
Msg: 60
Posted: 5/6/2015 12:23:56 AM

Wheedled weaseled out of here.

hahaha, what a f*cking dork. He would probably piss in his Spiderman underoos if she even looked in his direction.
 cooldog65
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2015 1:45:31 AM
^^^^^ If he's gonna soil his underwear, I'm thinking Spongebob...
 springorfall
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 5/26/2015 7:36:54 AM
I don't think it's as weird a thing not to have been in a romantic relationship, as some other posters on here. Some people are just more shy or anxious about talking to others, or have work/responsibilities that take up a lot of their time. If you're not out mixing with people I'd think it would be quite easy to get to 40 or beyond without being seriously involved.

You've already received a bunch of advice, so I'll chuck in my two cents (might as well complete the confusion :D ) - to avoid feeling 'nervy' about talking to a woman, think about making her feel at ease - she could be feeling just as nervous as you and if you focus your attention on her it'll be easier to forget about how she's perceiving you. Try to think about just getting to know another person, rather than a potential relationship - it'll lessen the stress and pressure and allow you to feel more comfortable; attractive in itself.

All the best to you. I'm sure you'll find that once you're able to mix more easily with women you'll discover that they will appreciate your intelligence and a sense of humour about life, along with other qualities they're looking for- saying you don't have much to offer isn't accurate.
 Viewfromhere
Msg: 63
Posted: 5/27/2015 8:53:54 AM
Don't feel bad Baffalo.
Considering the caliber of some of the commentary resulting from your query - would you want to have much to do with the likes of that? Aim higher.
It's partly the times Bill. And, it's not just about you.

It can be difficult to lay some roots when you're on the go so much. Yet, conversely, you'd be much better off looking in the fields of opportunity rather than trying to source from social media - here.
 Baffalobill
Msg: 64
Posted: 5/28/2015 1:55:26 AM
As the yrs. roll on i try not to take these things to heart anymore !!!!
Just laugh it off...
But a problem that I do encounter is that people who i do know socially / Good friends are either married or in a relationship and I think there struggling enough with the pressures of today to keep there own ships afloat aside from worrying about me which I also fully understand...
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 65
Posted: 6/19/2015 8:50:25 AM
You might to better in another country. In Europe, the United States, and Canada Australian men are considered to be exotic- women love their accents. When I was in university a lot of the girls were crazy for Australian men.
 Baffalobill
Msg: 66
Posted: 6/27/2015 4:24:13 PM
Arrrrrhh were all big Boys / Girls now.... I think I am big and ugly enough to handle it hahaha !!!!!!
Maybe I just have to look out the window a lot more... There are a lot worse things going on in life .........
 Baffalobill
Msg: 67
Posted: 6/27/2015 5:05:59 PM
I today look at it like this....I enjoy my hobbies e.g. Playing Guitar / Keyboards in my band and playing gigs ,Going to the Cinema....etc... As these things make me happy and I enjoy them...

So basically if people have a problem with that and can't dig it ..Its exactly that " THERE PROBLEM "

I maybe a slow learner but I am starting to learn that ... "Life is way to short to worry about what others think " "You can't force some things to happen"

If someone wants to ride the same path as me in life ..." Fine " if not.. That's also " Fine ..There is very little i can do about that"

I have learn't the hard way that trying to impress people is not one of my strong points ....hehehe
 loveisatemple
Msg: 68
Posted: 6/27/2015 5:37:32 PM
"I today look at it like this....I enjoy my hobbies e.g. Playing Guitar / Keyboards in my band and playing gigs ,Going to the Cinema....etc... As these things make me happy and I enjoy them...

So basically if people have a problem with that and can't dig it ..Its exactly that " THERE PROBLEM ""

YOU are the one complaining, for like 4 years now, threads started by you about what to do...about your complaints, then folks tucker themselves out with advice you ignore because its strenuous or involves change ( something you cannot handle ever, based on past posts of do girls judge you if you never left home), unless it is sympathy, as you enjoy sympathy and attention. I think this thread starting is you with a signboard, "come get me ladies, because I am waiting/ passive". Then you act surprised no women are calling.

"I maybe a slow learner but I am starting to learn that ... "Life is way to short to worry about what others think " "You can't force some things to happen"

If someone wants to ride the same path as me in life ..." Fine " if not.. That's also " Fine ..There is very little i can do about that"

I have learn't the hard way that trying to impress people is not one of my strong points ....hehehe"

You know what? If you are happy, why are you complaining consistently? Are you looking for attention, validation, poor me...none of that is allowed and a misuse of the forum.

If you want to start a valid, thread go right ahead. You will call me mean, but you have done this for years. You claim there is a problem then backtrack when it means you have to change one bit, then you say you have no issue, so, you just wanted some attention it seems,
 Baffalobill
Msg: 69
Posted: 6/27/2015 7:00:00 PM
No I am not looking for attention...but have realised there is no point in worrying or complaining ...
This " Relationship Thing " will or won't happen.. Its entirely up to fate.....and I am happy with that...
I find it a relief ....
 Baffalobill
Msg: 70
Posted: 6/28/2015 12:39:59 AM
loveisatemple - Your profile says nothing, Nor is there a pic..!!!

For someone to be so critical on others .. Have a look at your own Self / Profile ???....

You ask of everyone else !!! What about yourself ????

How dare you Criticize me ..!!!!!!! I have put more effort in my profile then you will ever know....

Ok I had no such luck....

But i am finally happy to let Fate take its course ......
 loveisatemple
Msg: 71
Posted: 6/28/2015 1:07:24 AM
I am not dating here, what a rebuttal.

Not that I should have wasted my time trying to suggest you actually see a shrink for your anxiety about change,

denial is your middle name, and manipulation to elicit pity, billboard and gain attention with poor me trolling.

You should be criticized for starting the same thread over and over, against the rules.

Lots of people don't date online, but don't feel your entitlement.

Baffalobill
Msg: 72
Posted: 6/28/2015 1:34:31 AM
HAHAHA ....Like I stated earlier "Maybe I just have to look out the window a lot more""...

There are a lot worse things going on in life .........

loveisatemple-You have now convinced me of that...HAHAHA ..Thank you !!!! hehehehe

Life is Good !!!!!!!!!!!
 loveisatemple
Msg: 73
Posted: 6/28/2015 1:48:08 AM
Great, now you will stop your redundant troll threads.
 Baffalobill
Msg: 74
Posted: 6/28/2015 2:00:15 AM
Oh dear " Yes Ma'am" ......Perish the thought of a democratic discussion ...Forgive me for thinking we are not in Communist... Russia / China ?
 loveisatemple
Msg: 75
Posted: 6/28/2015 2:16:00 AM
This is not a free speech issue, barf, read the forum rules. Self pity, billboarding and redundant threads are not allowed.

You have done nothing but for the last few years because apparently you have nothing to say that doesn't involve

self pity, billboarding and redundancy.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Nearing 40yrs not 1 Relationship