Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Women on POF with kids      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BLonde^j^AngeL
Msg: 51
Women on POF with kidsPage 3 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
OP I understand you have a preference just like every one does & of course, that is your right.

When you make a serious, true ad, why not put something in like this: While I do not dislike children, I want to date women who either have no children or whose children are OLDER/MATURE/AUTONOMOUS.

If you have what you consider an acceptable age range like kids should be 16+ etc. just state it, nicely, kindly, end of story.

As long as you accept this may limit your choices I do not see what the issue is.

In today's economy, I can see why a man who truly wants a LTR would be reluctant to involve himself w/ a woman w/ a dependent child.

What really would be heinous is if you said it didn't matter & then did the "pump & dump" that others have been subjected to.
 mrgorton
Msg: 52
Women on POF with kids
Posted: 3/2/2015 10:02:10 AM
^ see above.

And yes, the pump & dump is wrong. These are human beings, not stocks.
 Qura
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Women on POF with kids
Posted: 3/2/2015 3:09:59 PM
My OCD is kicking in--didn't anyone else notice that the OP's MATH is wrong? No: 417 Yes/PNTS/All over 18 totals 218. This means that of the 635 women in his (very, very narrow) age range, 66% do NOT have kids.

As to the "real" issue (not wanting to be with someone whose kids aren't his "own,") that's too bad. Narrows the field and removes any possibility of the OP finding out that kids you raise ARE your own, whether you pumped 'em out or not.

But, to each his own!
 LAgoodguy
Msg: 54
Women on POF with kids
Posted: 3/2/2015 4:43:07 PM
When I ran the search here in the LA area. No matter how narrow is was I always got the limit of 600 profiles.
OP I bet the problem is not that you cant find a woman you like. The real problem is that the women you would like to date don't want to date you. In other words, There are plenty of single women with no kids in your and my area.
Do you know how many women wont date a guy who rides a motorcycle???
 mrgorton
Msg: 55
Women on POF with kids
Posted: 3/2/2015 5:41:48 PM

My OCD is kicking in--didn't anyone else notice that the OP's MATH is wrong? No: 417 Yes/PNTS/All over 18 totals 218. This means that of the 635 women in his (very, very narrow) age range, 66% do NOT have kids.

My math is not wrong. I don't know how you fabricated the 635 number.

Below are the numbers from the original post:

No= 417
Yes=161
PNTS=9 (I don't count this but it can go either way, but most likely it's that they do have kids)
Kids over 18=48

417 don't have kids. Then you take the Yes at 161+48 (over 18)= 209

So a tad over 50% (50.1199% to be exact) HAVE KIDS.
 mrgorton
Msg: 56
Women on POF with kids
Posted: 3/2/2015 5:55:25 PM

When I ran the search here in the LA area. No matter how narrow is was I always got the limit of 600 profiles.

I ran it within 5 miles using a single specific zip code, perhaps you didn't put that criteria in?

OP I bet the problem is not that you cant find a woman you like. The real problem is that the women you would like to date don't want to date you.

Sure, I don't dispute that. For fun I checked how many men are listed with the same criteria 42 to 45 within 5 miles with no children and it's over 700 (not 600 BTW) which is the maximum they can display compared to women at 417. With that much competition unless you are absolutely outstanding man in every way of course you would not do to well.
 LAgoodguy
Msg: 57
Women on POF with kids
Posted: 3/2/2015 6:21:26 PM
I done a 25 mile radius search.. Well I do have a car and in LA you should have one too as it would make your life easier.
I thought the max profiles were at 600 so I stand corrected it is at 700 and that's how many profiles I showed it was at the max.. I done the search a while ago. Haven't been looking for a long time now.
You also have to remember that most of the guys complain that they cant get a date... More then likely those women don't date anyway. Lets not forget that the older women who still look good all want to date younger guys. I'm sure you noticed that if you read the profiles. You might have better luck dating even younger women.
 mrgorton
Msg: 58
Women on POF with kids
Posted: 3/2/2015 7:18:10 PM
^^ I have two cars. My profile is not serious. I don't want to be a sugar daddy and have some bimbo just after me for money. Yes, I agree older women that still look good want the hottest youngest guys possible. Why not, they have that of a large selection. LA in general even IRL sucks for guys. More single guys vs girls here than any other large city. It's a basic sausage fest.
 VolkanoKing
Msg: 59
Women on POF with kids
Posted: 3/2/2015 8:51:42 PM
You know what is so so interesting about this is that for yeeaaarrrsss this is EXACTLY what women have been lamenting about men.."all they want is young hot trophy wives! NOW I hear men b@tching about this...it's fascinating.

And boy..not just b@tching...HOWLING!

First kiddo, people have the right to go after ANYONE they want. They are not subject to your opinions and scrutiny. That goes for the old men with their hotties, and now, it seems, the old women and their hotties. Deal w/ it.

Second...

I am not going to say I am "an older woman who still looks good" but....wanting the "hottest youngest guy possible?" Say whaaaa...? I have never been interested in "younger hotter guys"...not ever. An entire generation of young guys born and raised on the internet, many not doing that well financially, still living at home, or interested in stuff I have zero interest in..going to clubs, bars, sports, just...all the stuff you are out doing and exploring at that age. What am I going to do, at the age of 48, with his 23 year old friends...hang out, drink beer and talk about their job interviews or movies or shows on cable? Come on. I'm almost 50. I've got a big backlog of memories and experiences men this age do not have and cannot relate to. I'm in a completely different phase of my life and need things beyond "hotness" to arouse me and keep my interest. I wish people could understand that. There is so much more to life in all it's richness, with shared memories, values and experiences taking a front seat to youth and hotness. I know...that's enough to make most people fall of their chairs...but...quite frankly..I find men MY age pretty hot-I crave the company of a man around my same age. I yearn for it.

Which brings up the next part. Finding a guy my age who is emotionally available, has his sh@t together and finds me as cool as I find him. IMPOSSIBLE. You think dating for MEN is hard in LA...pfffft! Men NEVER talk to me when I'm out and about...NEVER. No flirting, rarely any eye contact...nothing. Everyone is staring at their celphones. Moments that used to be opportunities for small talk are now consumed by celphone staring.

And I've tried...I've tried chatting up guys and being friendly on hikes, jury duty (which I thought was a good idea, we're all stuck in a room all day) at the store, where ever...and...zero. I give out my business card when I feel it's appropriate and really make myself approachable and friendly. And....nothing!

Maybe they are all looking for the YOUNGER AND HOTTER women? Maybe!

Heck if I know..but....sausaagefest? I can't get a guy to ask me out to save my life! I even went so far as invite a guy from my hiking group I thought was cute, and knew was single, to dinner with a couple of my friends. He chose to sit in the chair *the farthest away from me as possible* so we didnt even get a chance to talk! I just laughed afterwards.

Which is good! I used to want to *hang* myself after nights like that. Now, I expect NOTHING from the "singles scene" in LA..on THAT we agree.....LA sucks ass when it comes to dating.
 mrgorton
Msg: 60
Women on POF with kids
Posted: 3/2/2015 9:08:49 PM
^^^ but it doesn't look like you want to date. It says NO DATING forums only etc on your profile. I am sure you got quite a good clip of incoming emails when didn't have that stuff on your profile. I know, it's not profile review I am just curious.

Sure men look for young hot women, but what you can actually get is a different story. I can always have a young hottie latch on to me for my money, but the last thing I want is somebody who wants to be with me for that.

Jury duty? seriously? When at jury duty, once wants to go postal. THAT is not a good environment to be social. You say you try to get attention, but it's the presentation that gets the attention. An average girl walking down the street with a super short skirt on and high heels will get more attention than a pretty one dressed very conservatively.

The only reason why older women can even get younger hot guys is that they are a dime a dozen online.

Say what you want, it's still a sausage feast. Numbers don't lie, only people do.
 VolkanoKing
Msg: 61
Women on POF with kids
Posted: 3/2/2015 9:52:49 PM
You seem to be misunderstanding me and going off on some weird tangents...

ANYWAY to be honest, every reply from you is a negative contrary take on things. I can easily see myself writing out paragraph after paragraph trying to re-explain myself to you, and then your next reply will be some off the wall misconception which will require more untangling and deconstructing.

I'll leave that to the next person. Good luck.

ClooneysTutor
Msg: 62
Women on POF with kids
Posted: 3/2/2015 10:12:40 PM
OP...

I think water, in general, seeks its own level.

Have you tried to search for self employed with a high school education?
 LAgoodguy
Msg: 63
Women on POF with kids
Posted: 3/2/2015 10:37:32 PM
gorton I do agree that no matter what someone says you always turn it into negative. It seems that you are finding reasons and excuses why you cant find a date. Of course its not that you are doing anything wrong. Its more that all the women are so horrible..
So you got two cars but you are looking to date only within 5 miles??
You are well to do but you afraid women would milk you for your money. Are you sure you are even ready to date??
If you look up stats for LA county you would find that women number about 51%. There are also more gay men then gay women in the area so that means there are even more available single women.
The real problem in LA is there are way too many screwed in the head men and women here. Too many been watching movies and how romance should happen.
 mrgorton
Msg: 64
Women on POF with kids
Posted: 3/3/2015 8:02:58 AM
^^ I may be negative, I look at it as more realistic. You have been on here since 08, so you must know how it really is. And it's not that I can't get a date, it's more like POF sucks horribly especially for guys. Seriously, you know that. After looking at your profile I can't imagine the dates are lining up for your either (no offense). The whole point of the post was that I am shocked and annoyed why so many women get married, have kids and then end up on a cheesey dating site like POF. 50% have kids. It's sick. I am sure in the 1930's and 40s the number of women alone with kids was a fraction of what it is today. The lack of family values today is horrible.

BTW my distance I would travel for an initial date is about 15 miles. In LA traffic you know that is not an easy task. I just used the 5 mile number in my survey because everything else comes back over the maximum search results.

ClooneyTutor- Hey, if I do that then it would make my search even more narrow. And I understand and was told by everyone here by narrowing my search to eliminate women with children is the cause of problems which I already knew. There are enough women on POF alone that I could have a date every day for the next 5 years if I am willing to date the fat, lazy, ugly and baggage laden. But no thanks, I would rather be alone.
 Moonchild51
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Women on POF with kids
Posted: 3/3/2015 8:54:38 AM
This in itself speaks absolute volumes:

The whole point of the post was that I am shocked and annoyed why so many women get married, have kids and then end up on a cheesey dating site like POF. 50% have kids. It's sick. I am sure in the 1930's and 40s the number of women alone with kids was a fraction of what it is today. The lack of family values today is horrible.

It is what it is. Learn to accept or simply stop swimming in the pond.
 CharminC
Msg: 66
Women on POF with kids
Posted: 3/3/2015 9:23:26 AM

I am sure in the 1930's and 40s the number of women alone with kids was a fraction of what it is today. The lack of family values today is horrible.

You sir are incorrect. Look it up. Or better, ask around. Straight form the horse mouths. Ask the women who were you age in those days.. if they are still alive. They'd set you straight.

I already knew. There are enough women on POF alone that I could have a date every day for the next 5 years if I am willing to date the fat, lazy, ugly and baggage laden.

Buahahaaa.. fat, ugly, and baggage laden???? !!!
YOU?? are calling THIS out.
Too funny... just too funny.

But no thanks, I would rather be alone.

And...... thou it shall happen
that is unless you re-consider your blow up doll???
 LAgoodguy
Msg: 67
Women on POF with kids
Posted: 3/3/2015 10:09:37 AM
gorton you do realize that there are as many single dads as there are women?? It does take two to pop a kid.
I do not have an over flowing inbox and most of the emails I did get I declined politely for the same reason you might as I will not date a single mother. There are other things in profiles I see that I would not compromise on. Its a choice I made and I stick to it. I can do that cause dating is not the top priority for me. You see I'm happy being single so getting involved is not a must. If a women finds me that I would feel I want to spend all my time with I would jump at it.

I'm not dating cause I'm happy being single. I don't try to be happy being single cause I cant date. Does it make sense to you??
There also plenty of things about me that women would not like. I'm o.k with that, Not going to stop riding my bike. Or any other things that women think its too dangerous. Had a women email me saying how much she liked my profile. On the second email she mentions that I need to stop riding my bike if I want to go out with her. I still ride my bike and not going to slow down.
But I don't go around sulking about it saying how bad the women are. Now there are plenty of things I do not agree with how some think.

In the 30's and 40's women got married and if they had kids from before they got married to the first men that would ask them. Many times it would be that fat beer drinking man that other women didn't want. She didn't have a choice at that time as men earned the money and women stayed home.
Now women have choices as they make there own money and don't need a man to travel around the world to feel safe. Can you blame them for jumping at the chance to live life as they feel???

The number of single people out there is growing every year. The fastest rate is for the over 50 and divorced, They just have no reason to do it again. There is just less of a reason to get married be it women or men. The ones who do want to get married find it hard to meet. Its not that there are no single people out there. Its more that the most are dating for different reasons now then 20 years ago. When everyone been working for the same goal of married life.
So if you want to get married you better get to it and loosen up some of the criteria.

I checked profiles today and there are lots of women who are good looking. But then I seen them on here for a long time, Not so many new faces lol. I have my own theory about why is that. The number of in shape good looking women out number the over weight women by a large margin. Again its in our area of you and me.
 PenelopeLeChat
Msg: 68
Women on POF with kids
Posted: 3/3/2015 11:15:51 AM
mrgorton
How can you even say that friends and family are the same kind of responsibility of having a child?

I guess you have not had to care for a parent with cancer or dementia? Yup, takes more time then a child.

LePew ~ who has done both...
 BLonde^j^AngeL
Msg: 69
Women on POF with kids
Posted: 3/3/2015 1:14:57 PM

Ha. Soon as I read the OP's OP I knew he was going to get slammed. Don't think he deserved all the personal attacks either, at least not up until the later "fat, lazy etc" comments.

I agree

I would actually advise against OP putting such views on any future profile (even if he manages to word it diplomatically) when he's ready to date again. Blanking any type of woman on OLD just seems to stir up too much emotion, even in the non-blanked.

I disagree, he should be clear about what he wants as to not waste time as long as he words it tactfully. If him stating his preferences is going to invoke some histrionic rant from a woman on POF so be it.
 mrgorton
Msg: 70
Women on POF with kids
Posted: 3/3/2015 1:54:32 PM

You sir are incorrect. Look it up. Or better, ask around. Straight form the horse mouths. Ask the women who were you age in those days.. if they are still alive. They'd set you straight.

You ma'am are incorrect. Here is a graph from 1940-2007. In 1940 it was about 5% (I am sure in the 30's even less) and goes very steadily up to a little over 35% in 2007. My guess it's even higher today.

Note the green colored bar is the percentage of single parents. Before you open your mouth, you should do your research.

http://soc302singleparenting.blogspot.com/

BTW Charmin, my blow up doll is quite sexy. I am sure if I post her pic, she will get loads of emails from they horny 20 year old guys on here.
 mrgorton
Msg: 71
Women on POF with kids
Posted: 3/3/2015 1:56:35 PM

I guess you have not had to care for a parent with cancer or dementia? Yup, takes more time then a child.

LePew ~ who has done both...

Stupid comparison. Marrying a woman with a child is BY CHOICE, having to care for a sick parent IS NOT.

Geesh.
 mrgorton
Msg: 72
Women on POF with kids
Posted: 3/3/2015 1:59:48 PM

Ps I'm not sure how exactly the maths works. Wouldn't those 48 who have kids over 18 also be part of the larger overall group of women with kids? Or are they definitely counted seperately?

I counted it toward the over all total "with" kids. That's the number that makes it around 50%. Watch out, you are going to get beat up with all the single moms.
 BLonde^j^AngeL
Msg: 73
Women on POF with kids
Posted: 3/3/2015 2:22:27 PM
Op, deep breath...you don't want to screw around, u only want to meet one...

stop looking at #'s & stats...

so today, while this thread was going, somewhere in your vicinity is a woman who was thinking: "I want a nice guy w/ curly dark blond hair"--she's tired of meeting men who don't want a relationship etc.

She's out there, pining away for you, maybe even crying...

Imagine her, & start thinking where would she go?

Start going to those places...so you can meet.

It worked for me once, it was almost magical!
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 74
Women on POF with kids
Posted: 3/3/2015 2:24:53 PM

Note the green colored bar is the percentage of single parents. Before you open your mouth, you should do your research.

http://soc302singleparenting.blogspot.com/

You call that research. You get your info from an online blog…some of us have mothers and grandmothers who lived it. That’s what the poster you just disrespected meant. It’s called “reality.”

Lots and lots and lots of married couples didn’t get divorced decades ago, however women and children DID get abandoned. Too busy trying to make ends meet to feed and keep a roof over their kids’ heads after dad took off, to be able to pay for a lawyer to get a divorce. Legally they were still married…in reality they were left single parents. Why not research divorce law and divorces of the 30s and 40s you’re so smart. Try legal research not Chuck’s Law Blog.

I can always have a young hottie latch on to me for my money

Then do it right now, and post a pic on your yacht.

Why are you so bent about single mothers who reject you when all you have to do is snap your fingers to get a hottie “latched onto you”? (and spare us the “I want something real” crap no one buys.)
 BlackLady1953
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Women on POF with kids
Posted: 3/3/2015 4:10:16 PM
Simple.....don't like other people's kids.....don't date a women with them.

Is that hard?
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Women on POF with kids