Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Women on POF with kids      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mrgorton
Msg: 151
Women on POF with kidsPage 7 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)

Even with equally financially balanced assets, a pre-nup is a good idea because you can't tell what's coming in the future.

True, I meant to say that it's not "as" needed. Originally way back when the divorce rate started to rise and the prenupt was born it was a simple document stating what each party assets were prior to the marriage to eliminate the confusion of who owned what and when in case of divorce.

Then the gold digger was born, and men started using it as an asset protection vehicle. And it's those agreements that are subject to failure. Of course there are other ways that work better for protection such as out of State irrevocable Trusts...but the have pit falls like losing your ability to control your own assets.
 2ufo
Msg: 152
Women on POF with kids
Posted: 3/8/2015 4:07:27 PM
I thought you could name yourself as the primary trustee of a trust?
 mrgorton
Msg: 153
Women on POF with kids
Posted: 3/8/2015 5:04:58 PM
No, that is not my understanding if you want to get the maximum asset protection. Check with an attorney so yo don't get a false sense of security.
 SandyReader
Msg: 154
Women on POF with kids
Posted: 3/9/2015 5:55:52 PM
I've never had an issue with it.

Any problems I've had dating women with kids had nothing to do with the kids, but with factors like ex-husbands who can't let go, and in one case, a Dachshund that must have been a past boyfriend reincarnated.
 norwegianguy123
Msg: 155
Women on POF with kids
Posted: 3/10/2015 9:10:35 PM

More than half of the 42-45 year old within 5 miles of me on this site have kids. No=417, Yes=161, PNTS=9 and all are over 18=48.

That's a Great Ratio. Where I'm at right now in the midwest, here's the lowdown of 42-45 in a 50 mile radius (my area's smaller than yours), thin/athletic/average... Only counting ones online in the last week (only care about folks who use site, not one-stop shoppers or people in the past):

TOTAL: 180
NO KIDS: 18 (10%)
HAS KIDS+PNTS: 130 (72.2%)
KIDS AT 18+: 32 (17.8%)

You should open up to those who have kids 18+. Let's say half of those kids 18+ are well & good on their own where it's not going to be a distraction, as they don't live with mom or only a bit during a summer or something if go to college and are an upper classman.

That would = 34/180 = 18.89%. So less than 1 out of 5 would be worthy. Why lock into 42-45, though? You need to expand, man!

Here's Beverly Hills, within a 5 mile radius, 35-47, online within 24hrs, thin/athletic/average
[I Log Out, so it doesn't go against my Distance]:

TOTAL: 503
NO KIDS: 320 (63.6%)
HAS KIDS+PNTS: 146 (29.0%)
KIDS AT 18+: 37 (7.4%)

You're in a GREAT area to find women 35+ with no kids. It's like a place NOT to have kids when older. You shouldn't have a problem.
 mrgorton
Msg: 156
Women on POF with kids
Posted: 3/10/2015 9:40:49 PM
Wow your stats are shocking. And there I thought that where I was there were so many women on here with kids.
Interesting how it varies from area to area.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 157
Women on POF with kids
Posted: 3/11/2015 6:50:33 AM
I think Mr Gorton is a softie when it comes to kids and doesn't want to get too attached
You'd date my GF in a heartbeat and she has two, young ones.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 158
view profile
History
Women on POF with kids
Posted: 3/12/2015 7:13:43 AM
Who care if women have kids or not. Its kind of normal for people to have children, and there are many benefits to being associated with women or men who have children, if you like the family experience. Even if you don't like family life, they are not your kids, so its all about the relationship you have with the other person. It may not be 100% perfect according to your own needs at some particular time in life, but nothing ever actually is, and kids grow up and move away, so if things work out over the long run, life can be great!
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 159
Women on POF with kids
Posted: 3/12/2015 5:42:52 PM
Children are precious. Anyone who doesn't feel this way has no business being around them. (Same for anyone who has a court order prohibiting them from being around children.)
 cooldog65
Msg: 160
view profile
History
Women on POF with kids
Posted: 3/13/2015 5:52:57 PM
^^^^^ How are children precious? They are simply younger humans. I don't get this logic at all.
 Maleman999
Msg: 161
Women on POF with kids
Posted: 3/13/2015 6:52:54 PM
^^^Exactly cooldog. Are adults precious? If not, at what point do people go from being precious to not precious?
 daynadaze
Msg: 162
view profile
History
Women on POF with kids
Posted: 3/13/2015 10:12:17 PM
Oh wow, how can you look at a baby and not melt? When do they become not precious? When they learn to fight back. Kidding. And no they are not simply younger human beings, in fact there is a theory out there than babies are so cuddly cute so that people will keep them and feed them and fall in love with them. For many people anything tiny and helpless is precious and they want to take care of them.
 mrgorton
Msg: 163
Women on POF with kids
Posted: 3/13/2015 10:19:25 PM
But dog poop does not smell as bad as baby poop.. I guess that's why I always had dogs :-)
 clarice46
Msg: 164
Women on POF with kids
Posted: 3/13/2015 11:33:01 PM
With that profile I am sure you are not serious about really finding anyone online with or without kids.
No car, no job and living with Mom? Your chances are practically nil I am afraid.
 norwegianguy123
Msg: 165
Women on POF with kids
Posted: 3/14/2015 12:06:49 AM

Wow your stats are shocking. And there I thought that where I was there were so many women on here with kids.
Interesting how it varies from area to area.

Well, Beverly Hills or places with an underlying motif like that will be the outliers. That's why it's a head-scratcher that you'd be thinking that. In your realistic target-age group, which is of an older variety, there's gong to be a LESS % of gals with kids than relatively Younger gals in almost all other places (notably ones that aren't bustling urban areas).

Online, you'll find more gals with kids. Either they're juggling them and can't get out as much, or their kids are able enough where the parent has some breathing room to hit the dating circuit some. Much the same as online, you'll find a higher % of people on the rebound.

Who care if women have kids or not.

Due to availability to date, notably when you're not datING yet or are just datING. It can be a huge scheduling conflict, although results will vary. Ya don't go from "no namer online" to "Serious BF/GF" overnight -- not by a remote longshot. :)

Its kind of normal for people to have children

And it's normal for people to have their children grown up already and not to have Children anymore, or even fully moved out. Plus, even when they're not children anymore, and their "kids" still live with them in their teens, it does get in the way. The same question would be "Why would single parents want their older teens moving out?" Well, the same reason that older teen at college age would want to, too -- although maybe not quite as much as that college newbie - lol.

they are not your kids, so its all about the relationship you have with the other person.

No, it's not All about the relationship with the other person. Their Kid(s) will be a schedule issue when you're not established together, and will still be when you are -- as far as what you can and can't do -- at least to some degree. Sometimes it's not a big deal; many times it is, in comparison to someone who Doesn't have kids (anymore or ever had). Also, you are established together, it IS also about the kids, too. They're not going to be the other person's pets. Ever hear "This is a package deal"? One doesn't even have to boast that so much for that to most of the time very true to a decent extent.

I'm not bashing the concept. One should be open to that possibility, if it falls in range of particulars where it's not going to be much of an obstacle, so as to make sure it just isn't the Concept mainly that rubs one the wrong way. However, the reason it has rubbed said person the wrong way is because More often than not, it is truly a negative thing for anything with any aim to be Serious. One without kids themselves is going to be picky about it. BUT, sometimes it can be a Good thing if one's more of a homebody and wants to live that family life, as opposed to out living a social life out on the town in their spare time.
 ozsealady1
Msg: 166
Women on POF with kids
Posted: 3/14/2015 12:39:27 AM

But dog poop does not smell as bad as baby poop..

Lucky your mum and dad hold different views.

p.s.
I agree with you.
Once I was with a female nurse and her new puppy did a puppy poop inside.
She could not handle it.
Was dry retching.

I cleaned up the puppy poop and cuddled said puppy.

Now as a nurse she has to handle much worse human mess.
I found it strange.
 clarice46
Msg: 167
Women on POF with kids
Posted: 3/14/2015 3:17:19 AM
volcanoking

Tend to agree with you about IG. Never misses a chance to talk about what he does with the hot girlfriend etc., and I for one am sceptical about it all. Mostly a fantasy I think. Could just be a blow up doll.

Those who talk, talk and those who walk, walk the walk.
It is all rather offputting and creepy. Tasteless in the extreme and tedious.
 mrgorton
Msg: 168
Women on POF with kids
Posted: 3/14/2015 9:30:17 AM

Lucky your mum and dad hold different views.

I was not planned. I happened, and they happened not to get rid of me.

I remember back in my early 20's me and my then girlfriend were visiting some friends of hers in rural Pennsylvania. I didn't know them yet. When we got there, it was a small house with tons of "family" in it. Everyone was gathering around this small room and wondering what was going on I went in. It was the baby, and they were changing the diaper. I saw this yellow stuff and I was like what the ?? Then the smell hit me, I vomited in my mouth. It was the worse thing I smelled in my entire life.

I think after that, it made me lose most of my desire to have children. If I did have kids ever I would want to be involved with them, not pawn them off on a nanny like so many parents do. I would think that kids that their actual mom raises them come out better.
 Walts
Msg: 169
Women on POF with kids
Posted: 3/14/2015 9:44:51 AM

It was the baby, and they were changing the diaper. I saw this yellow stuff and I was like what the ?? Then the smell hit me, I vomited in my mouth. It was the worse thing I smelled in my entire life.

I think after that, it made me lose most of my desire to have children.

Sounds like you made the best choice of not becoming a parent if you think a smelly diaper would be the toughest thing you would have to face as a Daddy.

If I did have kids ever I would want to be involved with them, not pawn them off on a nanny like so many parents do. I would think that kids that their actual mom raises them come out better.

I suggest, after reading your first comment about the smelly diaper, that you NEVER try to give parental advice to anybody, every again, in your life.

Your welcome.
 CharminC
Msg: 170
Women on POF with kids
Posted: 3/14/2015 10:30:17 AM
I highly concur with Walts.

The issue isn't the fact there are so many women with kids which OP so vehemently biotch about its HIM.
The problem isn't the influx of women with kids, it's HIM.................not liking kids. Bottom line

So to the OP< quit whining and accept that you are the problem here.
The solution is simple.
Accept that you will be alone as you HOPE to someday come across a childless woman who also does not like children.
As with that, I do bid you luck.
I also hope you find "her".

next

*slurps coffee
 mrgorton
Msg: 171
Women on POF with kids
Posted: 3/14/2015 10:45:09 AM

The issue isn't the fact there are so many women with kids which OP so vehemently biotch about its HIM.
The problem isn't the influx of women with kids, it's HIM.................not liking kids. Bottom line

And this is coming from a divorced mother? I know if I did ever decide to have kids I would not end up like that. Maybe you and Waltsy should start the Brady Bunch? Or is that too far ahead of your time?
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 172
Women on POF with kids
Posted: 3/14/2015 11:10:13 AM
I actually don't hate him for not liking children.* When those others (above, not worth quoting) questioned children being precious, my first reaction was that they were looking for attention in the most possible inappropriate way. And then I started thinking, what if some people honestly don't feel that children are precious, why would that be? And the only thing I could come up with was if they weren't treated as being precious when they were children. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

*I hate him for saying "pms-y" and something about messages from "fat girls". It's my feeling, and no one can argue with a person's feelings.
 CharminC
Msg: 173
Women on POF with kids
Posted: 3/14/2015 11:11:29 AM

I know if I did ever decide to have kids

But but... YOU don't like smelly diapers!

What does me being a divorced mother have to do with my comment?????
End up like WHAT?

Ohhhh good one.. put me and Walts together and suggest a brady bunch *rolls eyes

If and when you do hook up, get married, have kids ...................should you then break up, you are going have one sore ass.
And before you say you will never break up.....Spare yourself the energy of saying so dude. Spare it.
 antirepublican
Msg: 174
Women on POF with kids
Posted: 3/14/2015 12:00:51 PM

What does me being a divorced mother have to do with my comment?

For sure it is his problem if he doesn't like kids but it is also your problem too because you are stuck with a womb turd. It is likely the most unattractive thing about you. Screaming brats are much more of a deterrent than small tits or a big clit will ever be. And that's okay if you are comfortable with the idea that relationships should only last a couple of hours but if you are one of the LTR dinosaurs who is looking for a clueless simp to underwrite the expulsions from her cervix, you will find it a bit harder as you get older and the simps get poorer.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 175
Women on POF with kids
Posted: 3/14/2015 12:22:39 PM
^ Anti, Darling: It's perfectly natural for men with certain physical attributes (as an example, let's say large breasts and tiny penises) to be intimidated by women with small breasts and large clitorises - it's not your fault!

On another note, you seem like a Sweetheart - wanna make a baby? :)
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Women on POF with kids