Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > For those that do multiple meet and greets, how many in one day?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ozsealady1
Msg: 25
For those that do multiple meet and greets, how many in one day?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Ahhh Walts..

Is that the reason many men call all their women the same thing.
e.g.

Hello:

Beautiful,
Lovely lady,
Sunshine,
Darling,
Possum,
Gorgeous

etc etc

Certainly saves overworking the memory.

I have a first meet with a man whose name is the same as one of my nicknames.
If we hit it off could be funny both being called the same thing.

Only one first meet for me this week so far.

He seems nice.
With luck could be my last first meet for a while.

Fingers crossed.
 PrettyBr0wneyed1
Msg: 26
For those that do multiple meet and greets, how many in one day?
Posted: 3/11/2015 9:39:11 PM
[Quote]I have quoted your go away lines

@Ozsealady: Those are not go away lines and many men write me and tell me how much they enjoy the brilliance and comedic tone of my profile.

I guess it depends on which side of the spectrum someone is, but I choose to stand out and not do the regular "tell all" which is boring and most repeatedly ask the same questions.

1. Is necessary, but I'm not sure what type of messages you've gotten, but trust me many are on this site looking for sex.

3. Again, many men want sex. Maybe you have not gotten a ton of messages from some guys seeking sex, but that not my agenda on here, so stating one's preference is a necessity.

7. Maybe married men haven't tried hitting you up, but I have a low threshold for bs and believe in telling it exactly as it is always. I don't date married or involved men, but everyone else's choice maybe different.

Again, many single men have written that like thaty profile isn't the typical, this is me, this is what I'm seeking, mundane profile. There's nothing that says go away, except that it let's the losers know that I'm not interested in their shenanigans and will not tolerate any nonsense, period.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 27
Posted: 3/11/2015 10:08:59 PM
Best wishes for a truly fantastic date, OZsealady1.
My fingers are absolutely crossed for a wonderful time.
:-)
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 28
Posted: 3/12/2015 8:17:43 AM
Good luck Oz

Have a great time.
 clooneystutor
Msg: 29
Posted: 3/12/2015 10:40:29 AM
With Walts here.

Substitute wine with beer though.

I've done a 'double header' (no pun intended) before. 2 meets in a day.

No thanks. I got buzzed on champagne during lunch as was exhausted by the 2nd meet. Not fair to the 2nd person.

Once a week maybe twice, works for me.

If I click with someone, I like having the flexibility to schedule a 2nd date in the same week.
 Maleman999
Msg: 30
Posted: 3/12/2015 11:10:52 AM
There are cases where two people have a first meet, they click when meeting, and the meet turns out to be few hours long because they decided to do something else together after the coffee or drink. It would difficult to do something spontaneous if a person has another meet set up the same day. What would be funny is if someone was to go to the second meet, and the person they had a first meet with happened to show up at the same place, not knowing that the person they had a meet with earlier was going to be there with meet #2.
 ozsealady1
Msg: 31
Posted: 3/13/2015 5:08:28 PM
Last night's meet and greet / date was lovely.
4 hours of great conversation and laughter eating Thai food, walking and drinking coffee.

Have decided to stall any others for a while as I would very much like to see this man again.
Great company.
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 32
Posted: 3/13/2015 8:29:02 PM
Good stuff Oz, keep us in the loop
 BLonde^j^AngeL
Msg: 33
Posted: 3/13/2015 8:36:37 PM

There are cases where two people have a first meet, they click when meeting, and the meet turns out to be few hours long because they decided to do something else together after the coffee or drink. It would difficult to do something spontaneous if a person has another meet set up the same day. What would be funny is if someone was to go to the second meet, and the person they had a first meet with happened to show up at the same place, not knowing that the person they had a meet with earlier was going to be there with meet #2.

Breakfast/brunch starting at 10 am or as late as 12 pm- if it goes well, extend all afternoon, have 2nd meet scheduled at 8PM.
 PrettyBr0wneyed1
Msg: 34
Posted: 3/14/2015 10:16:58 PM

Breakfast/brunch starting at 10 am or as late as 12 pm- if it goes well, extend all afternoon, have 2nd meet scheduled at 8PM.

Good luck, Angel. I hope that you meet someone nice.

I have opted to keep it my initial meets as a meet up over frozen yogurt, cheap breakfast (wafflehouse, dinner style places), maybe barnes and nobles type of places.

I'm inclined to even do the gym and chipotle, but more so as first date rather than just a meet and greet, some men seem opposed to that.
 HUMHUMA
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2018 4:14:53 AM
haha....NOT me....once a day even if that frequent would be fine with me but in saying that I meet those I talk to for a while and have to feel comfortable before even going there.....and it is hard to gage on one meeting...usually your first glimpse and couple of sentences will determine the future if any. What they say and how they act, weather they want to be there or act like an antsy little kid.....during any meet I have always acted nice and give my all attention wise.....
 ohenryx
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2018 7:51:22 PM
A few years ago I tried scheduling two meetings for a single day, on a Saturday. I have done as many as 5 in one week, but I didn't like it, it quickly became confusing. These days I usually keep it down to one or two a week, when I'm feeling up to it, primed and ready to roll.

There was a Sunday a few weeks back, I had brunch with one lady, no spark, no anything. Came home, got online, asked another lady I had been talking with to have a casual dinner the same day. That one was a little better, but still no second date. It's been a while since I had a second date.

Keep on keeping on. It will get better, it always does.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2018 8:54:30 AM

I met someone from the site that said his last date the women set up 3 dates in one day, so I know it happens.

I think it becomes more a problem when one's trying to pre-schedule them somewhat close together. It sort of kills the 'mood' turning it into a job interview (no thanks!) as you'd need it not last very long + emphasis on a time-window. Having back-to-back "appointments" like that can be trouble when it's kind of common for one to Aim for 5pm, but it ends up being 6pm. Whoops -- she's got Joe showing up at 6:30.

I've had more than one 1st-meet in a day before, but it's been on either ends of the day, or just organically evolved into that. Nothing wrong with it, as there's no potential conflict waiting in the wings.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2018 9:14:31 AM
When I was dating and meeting new women, I gave a lot of thought to timing.

Generally speaking, I allowed 7 days between dates. In the event the date evolved into a multi-day affair, I didn't want to cut it short. I do tend to prequalify dates more than most people.

On the other hand, having multiple sex partners back to back can be a real thrill.

My guess is now that I am over 65, and IF I were to date again, I think I would just go with the flow, but I don't care for tight scheduling, so one new date a week at most.
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 39
Posted: 10/29/2018 9:19:21 AM
scheduling two dates would imply you don't hold much hope in either, a reality with OLD. just the same, I would pass on a date I didn't think would pan out and if she has other dates, I think I will just stay home and iron my socks.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2018 11:56:51 AM

Generally speaking, I allowed 7 days between dates. In the event the date evolved into a multi-day affair, I didn't want to cut it short. I do tend to prequalify dates more than most people.

I dunno. I see it more like talking to more than 1 gal at once. I understand not lining one up at 1PM and the other at 6PM, sure. But treating a mere meet-up-date as prom night or something where you don't want anything close to it? Too much focus on one gal who ya haven't even met with.

IMO, like just talking online, it's a numbers game. You line them up to meet as soon as you & they (comfortably) can. Back to back days, heck yeah. Or if one's a short-lived lunch break (mini) date -- it shouldn't heed you in setting up having a drink at happy hour after work on the same day. It no more gets in the way than if you had a date one day and another the next.

Sure there's, "What if we hit it off?" I guess the same can be said with chatting with more than 1 gal online at a time. Don't do that, because what if you meet one, and then have to cut what was a fruitful day to day convo short with a bye-bye?? I think that's the last of guys' worries, online. :)
 dragonbytes
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 10/30/2018 7:21:06 AM

I dunno. I see it more like talking to more than 1 gal at once. I understand not lining one up at 1PM and the other at 6PM, sure. But treating a mere meet-up-date as prom night or something where you don't want anything close to it? Too much focus on one gal who ya haven't even met with.

I think it’s an attitude thing, I tend to already know we will likely get along before a meet, which is why I said I tend to prequalify more than most men. BUT it takes more time online, however using MSG or Email, it’s easy enough to communicate with several women at the same time. Now maybe this created a problem of some women thinking I wasn’t serious since I didn’t want to meet quickly like most men. Maybe that created a problem I wasn’t aware of.

I do line people up if possible, but I leave a lot of time between dates. I also got the feeling dating tended to run in streaks, like a lot of dates all at once then nothing for a more extended period of time. Like some sort of seasonal thing.

I did do more rapid meets for a month, but after 3 were a bust it seemed like a waste of time and not much fun to meet.

IMO, like just talking online, it's a numbers game. You line them up to meet as soon as you & they (comfortably) can. Back to back days, heck yeah. Or if one's a short-lived lunch break (mini) date -- it shouldn't heed you in setting up having a drink at happy hour after work on the same day. It no more gets in the way than if you had a date one day and another the next.

It seems like if you can line them up to meet, then just meeting isn’t a problem.

Sure there's, "What if we hit it off?" I guess the same can be said with chatting with more than 1 gal online at a time. Don't do that, because what if you meet one, and then have to cut what was a fruitful day to day convo short with a bye-bye?? I think that's the last of guys' worries, online. :)

This is the main reason I don’t like chat where the service tends to tell the world you are online. I try and chat with one woman, then another woman I know (or someone new) also tries to chat at the same time. I can’t chat two women at the same time, I tried and it’s just too confusing. And I can sort of tell when they try and do it.

I think one thing that formed my opinion on this was that I was doing international dating also. When you visit dates in another country, I think there is a much higher likely hood of an extended multiday date which can often go on for a week.

It happens locally but less often. Even locally I have run into the problem of getting along with a new date, wanting to stay overnight or some other extended thing involving sex, but knowing also I am leaving in 2 weeks to meet other women in another country. It makes it awkward as there isn’t any natural way to say I am leaving in 2 weeks that won’t cause a problem.

When I used to travel for business, I sometime dated women in the place I was working, which typically is for at least a month, though likely I would have to come back for another month.

Then there is a natural break letting me leave without a tricky explanation.

I think it’s similar to the way I take a vacation, I usually have a destination in mind (but not always), maybe a reservation at that destination, but if it takes 10 days by car to reach that place, I tend to wander around staying various lengths of time in places that are more or less interesting. I never have a schedule of places I need to be day after day.
 MeramecRiverRat
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 10/30/2018 8:35:54 AM
Have scheduled two in a day on two occasions. Only one of the four occurred.

The first occasion was actually a would-be 4th date and a first meet. A weekday evening. Initially was going to have the short first meet first at a "coffee shop" in the inner city, then go to the other gal's home in the inner city (the two locations were only 2 or 3 miles apart, my main motivation for scheduling this way). In the middle of the day, the first meet gal texted me to say she would be staying late at the class she was taking, and could we meet later in the evening around 9 PM? For me to see both, would have to go to the other one's home first and gamble on things ending early enough to go on the other meet. If things went really well at her place, I wouldn't want to go on the meet, which would mean I would have to cancel giving late notice. So I honestly told her 9 PM was too late for me, that we could try another day. Meanwhile the other gal hadn't texted me since answering me rather early in the morning. Late in the afternoon I texted her to see what would be a good time for me to arrive. No response. Less than 30 minutes before I would leave to her place, I sent her another text. This time she replied saying she was home but her brother was there (her family members often showed up unannounced). I stayed home that evening; thankfully I found out soon enough to avoid leaving home. Didn't contact the other one to ask if she wanted to meet after all, as I'd be going the longer distance for just a short "coffee" meet. Never had a 4th date with the one; her lack of communication discouraged me from trying much more. Never met the other.

The second occasion was also motivated by location. Had a business meeting at 7 PM on a weekday in the inner city not far from downtown. A gal from Bumble and I were going to meet on a Saturday, weather permitting. Plan B was around 5 PM at the big city park not far from my business meeting. Saturday's weather was awful. She didn't call or text after it was confirmed we wouldn't meet Saturday. Meanwhile a dormant Tinder match resurrected a conversation that had ended months earlier. In our conversation, she mentioned she was going to Ikea in the near future. Because my business meeting was near Ikea, I suggested she go to her Ikea that day and we meet there because I was going to be there anyway. We agreed to meet at Ikea at 5. I texted the other gal, asking if she would be able to walk in the park earlier, at 3 PM. She said she would still be at work. It didn't really matter because weather was bad again and we probably would have had to meet at an indoor location anyway. The Ikea meet was pleasant and I had to run to my meeting to get there on time. The other gal and I never communicated again. Never saw the Ikea gal again. She was flaky, sending me a message calling me another guy's name. She probably juggled meets at a higher rate than my lowly two. I deleted her as a contact.
 hemingway234
Msg: 43
Posted: 10/30/2018 10:20:49 AM
I don't do coffee dates, I like to do dinner. I've found, that if I am on the fence as to whether or not I am attracted to a lady, sometimes I need 45 minutes to decide.

So, since I can't eat dinner twice, I've never set up more than one first meet in a day.

Years ago, I was curious to see how many women I could meet in a week, I pushed it to the wall, and I did manage to meet 5 women.

But the last time I dated, the quality of people seemed to be poor and I'm twice as selective as I've ever been, so that will never happen again. Last time I dated, I was lucky to meet one new lady every two months.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 10/30/2018 10:29:57 AM

Have scheduled two in a day on two occasions. Only one of the four occurred.

I think that's why I AM a fan of potentially doubling-up if there's no potential time-conflict on the same day. Things can be sparse, and sometimes a small rush can happen in clumps. Best not to ditch those clumps of dates, as there's also a chance of bailing anyway.

I think it’s an attitude thing, I tend to already know we will likely get along before a meet, which is why I said I tend to prequalify more than most men. BUT it takes more time online, however using MSG or Email, it’s easy enough to communicate with several women at the same time.

I understand if you're semi-pen-paling a gal for a while, there's more of a focus on her. That said, emailing others at the same time, and you go the talk-a-while-only route, you don't want to "punt" a gal a week ahead of time if you're talking to two at once, as you invested extra time in her too.

You don't want to miss out on opportunities, so when a "rush" comes, you'll be juggling two gals via email at the same time, and around the same time there'll be openings to meet them. If you want to space meeting them a week apart to give one a "full chance in person" so-to-speak, yeah, you Are putting the other one you were talking to on the back-burner... so her impression of your lack of interest is accurate to some degree, right?

I did do more rapid meets for a month, but after 3 were a bust it seemed like a waste of time and not much fun to meet.

I don't find a problem with "rapid meets", although trying to squeeze them in super-quick for a mere hot second could be less desired than a full-on date, if possible. But I'd take a rapid-meet over having to postpone and talk for another week, as that's more likely to fizzle. Also, rapid-meets can save one a lot of time, as most non-rapid meets don't work out either. And, say, you have a drink at happy hour for 90 minutes a day after chatting online. You then exchange #s, text... I dunno, you're still talking just as if you haven't met them, but you did -- it has more "bulk" to it. Less likely to fizzle out, if they liked what they saw when they met ya.

I think your POV is much like the pen-paling argument. Sure, if you establish yourself with someone writing forever before meeting -- and both parties follow-thru with it which is usually not the case -- it Is a bigger deal when you Do meet them, and I can understand not wanting to meet other gals (or talking with other new gals once things have been established). Problem is, this method doesn't work very well. However, if you're pen-paling overseas, well, it's the only way, so I can understand that.

Even locally I have run into the problem of getting along with a new date, wanting to stay overnight or some other extended thing involving sex, but knowing also I am leaving in 2 weeks to meet other women in another country. It makes it awkward as there isn’t any natural way to say I am leaving in 2 weeks that won’t cause a problem.

That's the problem traveling a lot for a long period of time, for porking ("dating") women or not. If, say, every 3-4 months you're going to go to an Asian country for a month, yeah, that is going to nix Dating anyone locally. But to make the most of anyone's dating situation, you're going to have to be OK with the possibility of things "clashing". That should be the least of a Guy's worries when it comes to online dating anyway.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > For those that do multiple meet and greets, how many in one day?