Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Unread/Deleted      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Maleman999
Msg: 26
Unread/DeletedPage 2 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
It could be a fake profile by some kid who is just wondering how many people he/she could reel in.
 mrgorton
Msg: 27
Unread/Deleted
Posted: 3/12/2015 10:22:19 AM

Yes, there are leagues, whether people will admit to them or not.

Of course, and I agree with cdan that online the contact decision is made in seconds if the woman will respond based on the thumbnail pic. Once that "test" gets passed it's on to scrutinizing the other pictures then rest of the profile and finding it acceptable before a response is even considered. The vast majority 98% of emails received by the top 1/3 of the highest demand most desirable (top league) women will simply be deleted due to the initial thumbnail pic.

Online dating is unbalanced more so than IRL. Because there are many more men it's not an equal match up of "leagues". If the amount was 50/50 then all the 1's would match with 1's , the 2's would match with 2's, the 3's...you get the picture. Online dating FORCES men to date below their leagues because of this unbalance. Is it fair? No. Is it too bad? Yes.

The only solution is that if you are a man, and want online dating to work you have to face reality and go with the flow. Either date below you or find somewhere else to meet women or have a sex change operation.

Demidar...are you listening??
 dragonbytes
Msg: 28
Unread/Deleted
Posted: 3/12/2015 10:40:33 AM
My idea of leagues is based on social status, not so much appearance. Social status is much more important and enduring, while a low class woman might be very pretty but that will fade.
 Demidar
Msg: 29
Unread/Deleted
Posted: 3/13/2015 4:01:53 AM
Msg 34 : Why does it not surprise me that you always resort to these little infantile filthy minded attacks . Shows a very real lack of class , shows a real trashy individual . As infantile as your posts usually are I assume you are a young kid behind a fake profile .Over 50% of the women's profiles here are fake I read , so one out of every two women posting is a fake profile . It is very easy to weed them out because of how infantile or filthy minded they are . Unless they were actually raised that way , then the fault falls squarely on their parents shoulders . Like I said , I do not feel entitled to any thing I have not actually earned ,where you on the other hand , seem like you are one of the ones that feel entitled to everything with out earning anything .
 dragonbytes
Msg: 30
Unread/Deleted
Posted: 3/13/2015 4:22:17 AM

Over 50% of the women's profiles here are fake I read , so one out of every two women posting is a fake profile .

No doubt you get that 50% fake ratio from reading about the 'Intimate Encounters' quote, where markus said most of the women looking for a quick hookup were fake. Which seems reasonable.

But the founder of one of Britain’s biggest dating website has now decided to take radical action to root out fake and sleazy profiles - after revealing that many of the “women” who use the hook-ups section of his site are actually men in disguise.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/plenty-of-fish-dating-site-founder-pulls-intimate-encounters-option-to-ward-off-sleazy-men-8626107.html

Since you never meet anyone from POF, you only know what you read, and apparently can't understand what you read.
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 31
Unread/Deleted
Posted: 3/13/2015 5:23:29 AM
Well I see ol' sunshine is off to a hot start today as well.....

I do not feel entitled to any thing I have not actually earned

Exactly! That's why you get the responses to your posts that you do!
You do it the old fashioned way...."you earn it"
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Unread/Deleted
Posted: 3/13/2015 6:00:05 AM

My idea of leagues is based on social status, not so much appearance. Social status is much more important and enduring, while a low class woman might be very pretty but that will fade

^^^^^^^^
Low class and social status /power/money are not the same thing.

God forbid a teacher in a used Prius marry a heart surgeon with a Mercedes.

I know many a socialite/inheritance baby that are considered very crass and low class.
Also many humble living people that are top drawer and give from the heart to many.

Leagues are also values and on the same wave length in many areas other than social standing.
Sir Dragon, the knighted blue blood?Rich and powerful OZ?

Do you know how many would consider you a "commoner" or beneath them for no other reason than your social status/income?
Just for you to think on. It's a blanket, ignorant thing to say.

Most men with social status, dont need a womans ( if you know what social status really is) and actually prefer to have a woman of lesser means and standing in the area because they are more generous of heart and other reasons.
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 33
Unread/Deleted
Posted: 3/13/2015 6:16:48 AM
^^^^^

I may have misunderstood what he said, but I don't think the term "low class" necessarily fit with the rest of the statement. jmo
 iwer
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Unread/Deleted
Posted: 3/13/2015 7:22:32 AM
Just my personal take on the OP's question.... I would probably delete unread also because of the name you have chosen. Nothing personal against you, your profile or your picture ! I am not into Harley's or the Harley aficionado lifestyle and so would not feel we would have any commonality. Choosing the name you have immediately limits you to women who are also focused toward the enjoyment of Harley riding . No problem, actually should work in your favor for finding the right woman without a lot of "wasted time and money" on nonproductive first dates.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 35
Unread/Deleted
Posted: 3/13/2015 8:30:37 AM

Like I said , I do not feel entitled to any thing I have not actually earned

What you have actually earned is a nasty reputation. Consequently, you’re already getting what you’re entitled to---even though you might feel otherwise.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 36
Unread/Deleted
Posted: 3/13/2015 9:32:50 AM
Upper class members I think of as those like the following.

Mellon Family, Rockefeller Family, Kennedy family.

Caroline Kennedy married Edwin Schlossberg, Edwin's father had a Alfred I. Schlossberg textile-manufacturing business.

They don't tend to date or associate with people outside of their class. Those are the elite class members I think about when people say dating outside of your league.

It would make me uncomfortable if I found myself dating an USA ambassador or the Governor of a US State.

It takes more than merely being attractive to get into that class.

God forbid a teacher in a used Prius marry a heart surgeon with a Mercedes.

I don't think of them as in separate classes. I look at them as in a broad middle class.

Do you know how many would consider you a "commoner" or beneath them for no other reason than your social status/income?
Just for you to think on. It's a blanket, ignorant thing to say.

I am sure many would think I am beneath them for a variety of reasons. It doesn't bother me, it isn't a problem for me what they think.

When I posted lower class, I was thinking mostly of character. Women who engage in bar fights, those who live most of their lives on welfare, have long criminal records. Things like that. For me to date some like that would be dating below my league, though honestly I just think they aren't very pleasant people, not my type and don't think of them as in a lower league, though if I thought about it I would admit they aren't in my league.

There is a relationship between money and social status, but money doesn't give you social status nor does not having a lot of money mean you are low class.

An aside and not really what I was posting about, but I read there aren't many people who make over $250,000 a year that even use online dating. The stats for men/women that use online dating start to fall decline over $100,000, meaning their are more IRL that make that much and less of them use OLD. You don't see CEO's of fortune 500 companies with online dating profiles.
 Demidar
Msg: 37
Unread/Deleted
Posted: 3/13/2015 11:43:30 AM
Only reputation I earned here is of some one who does not kowtow to these nasty feminists . This site is after all a feminist stronghold . These bob's have been very nasty ever since the first time I didn't agree with them , they are referred to as the online feminist mob , because that is what they act like . To bad I am one of the few men that will actually stand up to them instead of sucking up to them .
I still am pleased that these toxic ones are but the very smallest percent of the total numbers of women . The ones that attack me will attack any man that does not agree with them . They are so frustrated because I won't fall in line like the rest of the manginas :) It doesn't really matter , reading review after review of this site , nothing positive . This site failed when it let the feminists turn the forums into a male bashing site , because in thread after thread , that is all they do . I guess they do not know what to do with a man that their shaming tactics do not work on .
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 38
Unread/Deleted
Posted: 3/13/2015 12:18:45 PM
No, you don't have a reputation as someone who doesn't kowtow to nasty feminists. You have a reputation of a bitter, angry man with and axe (ex) to grind and a bad attitude. You never post anything positive, you just snipe away or make snide little comments.

If you noticed, many of us jump on someone who is gender bashing...either gender. I don't like it when women take pot shots at men just because of their gender and I don't like it when men take pot shots at women just because of their gender. You, on the other hand, just like taking shots at women in general and who you deem a feminist. Many of us human beings dump on the comment as opposed to the gender of the person making the comment. You, as well, like to blame all that ails the world on women and/or feminists. You, in my opinion, are not a man...at least not what I'd call a real man - my Dad is a real man as he shows loves, teaches by example, encourages his daughters and grand daughters as well as his sons and sticks up for all human beings regardless of gender, race, sexual orientation, profession, skills, intelligence, etc. That's a real man. You're an angry bitter divorced retired postal worker with a bad attitude....that Demidar is what is toxic. You are toxic.
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 39
Unread/Deleted
Posted: 3/13/2015 5:28:15 PM

reply with a "not interested"

^^^^^^
I have NEVER had this response....

Get this response...

"Ok, thank you"

Ymmv
 mrgorton
Msg: 40
Unread/Deleted
Posted: 3/13/2015 6:41:20 PM
I can understand Demidars frustration with online dating. It used to drive me crazy too, but over time I have learned to accept it and keep my expectations close to zero. By looking at it this, it's not as annoying. I think what I posted before was not really "leagues"..as pointed out that may include social status and various other factors. Cross out leagues, and replace it with looks...

There ya go.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Unread/Deleted
Posted: 3/14/2015 3:21:22 AM

When I posted lower class, I was thinking mostly of character. Women who engage in bar fights, those who live most of their lives on welfare, have long criminal records. Things like that. For me to date some like that would be dating below my league, though honestly I just think they aren't very pleasant people, not my type and don't think of them as in a lower league, though if I thought about it I would admit they aren't in my league.

^^^^^^I didn't take the post that way.So if wrong on my part I apologize.

I was taken aback with what seemed like what you said( didn't sound like you)
Who dates women/men like that anyway that aren't drunken bar fighters themselves. Thats a *disturbed* lifestyle and they usually find each other and dont usually seek out someone 'unlike" them.

The Kennedy's had so called "social standing" but most were far from upper crust with a fortune built on bootlegging, were known womanizers ect. They actually married up imo.Not counting Maria of course.
 JerseyGirl2008
Msg: 42
Unread/Deleted
Posted: 3/14/2015 5:03:07 AM
Being very honest, I never just read and deleted a message, nor did I just delete it without reading it all, because I think that's just plain rude. My mama raised me better than that.

I feel if someone takes the time to write a few lines to you, the LEAST you can do is acknowledge their existence and write back a kind reply - even if it IS just to say, "I'm sorry, "I'm not interested."
 mrgorton
Msg: 43
Unread/Deleted
Posted: 3/14/2015 10:58:47 AM
OP forgot the full subject.

Unread/Deleted/Blocked...

Ya, that's better. You know, to make sure that a$$hole who emailed you does not dare try again.
 Fire_and_Ice4_You
Msg: 44
Unread/Deleted
Posted: 3/14/2015 11:47:51 AM

Unread/Deleted/Blocked

I'm old and do have manners but I have always read the message and then read their profile in depth.
Now, if I see too many red flags or the obvious, that they didn't read my profile....I usually respond and tell them why nicely, that I don't see us being a match and good luck!
Twice....I got a nasty message back.

Most don't respond back....I admit, I block after a day any person I am not wanting to have further communication with.
Why? Because I am hid a lot of the time and I don't think people need to know when I am on line, when I don't want them to. When a person goes to their in box....anyone you have exchanged messages with can see that green dot when you are online.
My pet peeve...call me weird. After a while I remove them from block because it no longer shows up to them.
 mrgorton
Msg: 45
Unread/Deleted
Posted: 3/14/2015 11:57:13 AM
^^^ I guess for us guys it's very different.

We get so few initial emails that any email we get is viewed as gold. In addition, at least with me I feel almost feel guilty by not replying. This I would think is caused by the fact that unlike women who get so many emails they have mastered the art of rejecting.
 deepthoughtlighthumour
Msg: 46
Unread/Deleted
Posted: 3/14/2015 1:25:27 PM
""They know that they don't like beards so why waste anyone's time?""

So true. Whenever any woman writes to me and she has a long beard, I never read her message.
 deepthoughtlighthumour
Msg: 47
Unread/Deleted
Posted: 3/14/2015 1:28:11 PM
""""Yes, there are leagues, whether people will admit to them or not. The truth is those who contact others that are significantly more attractive than themselves typically don’t do well in the online dating world.""""

I belong to the one that is 2,000 leagues under the sea level.
 clarice46
Msg: 48
Unread/Deleted
Posted: 3/14/2015 4:43:05 PM
mr gorton

Women who are slim and attractive are here for the ego boost, their pics may not even be real and if you pressed for a meet, they would more than likely not show. You became friends only with pretty actress, as she had no intentions of meeting up, is that right?
 mrgorton
Msg: 49
Unread/Deleted
Posted: 3/14/2015 5:01:55 PM
^^^ correct. That's because she was not attracted to me at least initially because at that time she always saw me smoking and I may not have been good looking enough

However, she did meet several of the thousands of guys who had emailed her. Never found her match though from it.
 daynadaze
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Unread/Deleted
Posted: 3/14/2015 5:32:19 PM

Ever heard of good manners?!!....obviously not!!

Yes, and I have very good manners thank you very much, but if I don't reply it still means no, and if you get all huffy about what you see as rude people, well you wouldn't be interested in them anyway, so why whine about it? Good manners include not whining or yelling at people you don't think have good manners. It's a circle effect where one thinks others don't have good manners so they think they don't need to have good manners and they say something rude and/or uncalled for.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Unread/Deleted