Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Unread/Deleted      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 126
view profile
History
Unread/DeletedPage 6 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
IDC about that particular change.

No reply is no reply. Why isn't informative.

I suggest for your own personal development, that you stop trying to find ways to get back at people who you wish liked you, but don't.
 _babblefish
Msg: 127
Unread/Deleted
Posted: 9/7/2015 4:48:48 PM

What if I was a millionair and was giving away money I guess the woman that unread/delete wouldn't get any. Another words they are shallow, rude,and full of themselves. That's not the type of woman anyone should want to date.

what if you were someone that sent a mail to a slender wench who exudes good manners and opens and replies to all her mails? only for you the sender to realize she has caveats and if you don't pass muster you run the risk of being called a wrinkly gnome. . another (sic) words, who's to say who is shallow rude and full of themselves and non date worthy

does this place look like an enchanted forest?
 irishgirl772
Msg: 128
Unread/Deleted
Posted: 9/7/2015 4:59:46 PM

millionair

You would know how to spell it if you were one.
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 129
Unread/Deleted
Posted: 9/7/2015 5:13:45 PM
Why would a millionaire be on POF?

Why would a millionaire give money away to women on POF?

If she took the money wouldn’t that make her an evil wicked gold digger? Cripes, that’s worse than expecting a free coffee. SMH

Maybe go where other millionaires go who want (or “need”) to pay for sex.

PS. If you’re offering women money in your unread/deleted messages, probably you should stop it.

Cowgirlwannabe1
Msg: 130
Unread/Deleted
Posted: 9/7/2015 8:47:13 PM
what if it were unsolicited junk mail would you read it all?
what if it were sixteen messages all just saying 'hey' or 'hi' would you take the time to respond?
 PassionateSunnyGal
Msg: 131
Unread/Deleted
Posted: 9/7/2015 9:09:30 PM
unfortunately a bit of time online you can almost *know what an email will say before you open it--seldom am I pleasantly surprised
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 132
view profile
History
Unread/Deleted
Posted: 9/8/2015 12:01:11 AM
No response is a "no thank you" or Sorry, we are not a match." Women have many options on here if they are in any way attractive looking and no one is obligated to respond to those they don't find interesting. Respect is earned and courtesy in cyberland can be a rare commodity. Click next...........
 spot4username
Msg: 133
Unread/Deleted
Posted: 9/8/2015 4:26:20 AM

unfortunately a bit of time online you can almost *know what an email will say before you open it--seldom am I pleasantly surprised

Right? It is an uncanny ability that we automatically develop. I see that I have a message so I check "who viewed me" for new faces. I can pretty much ALWAYS pick out which one the message is from and pretty much what it will say. Do you think there is a way we can market this new skill? Surely there is a way to make this work for us. There's gold in them thar hills!!!
 ohenryx
Msg: 134
view profile
History
Unread/Deleted
Posted: 9/8/2015 10:55:47 AM

SunshineGirl__

You and the person you’re quoting are using the word “millionaire” to imply someone who is filthy rich, who has more money than he knows what to do with, and consequently is giving or throwing away money.

Milllionaires are a dime a dozen these days.

Climbing stock markets and rising real estate values helped create nearly 500,000 new millionaires in the U.S. in 2014, according to a new report.
The study, from market research and consulting firm Spectrem Group, found that there are now 10.1 million households in the U.S. with $1 million or more in investable assets, excluding the value of their primary residence. That's up from about 9.6 million in 2013, and tops the prerecession peak of 9.2 million in 2007. It's the highest number since Spectrem began tracking the data in 1997.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 135
Unread/Deleted
Posted: 9/8/2015 12:06:15 PM
*waves a dime*
For every no thanks I sent I would average a few thanks, but the rest would either be whining or insulting. I don't reckon "hey sexy" ranks any type of a reply. But not getting responds seems to send some into a tailspin = maybe they are better off waiting for the opposite sex to message them.
And no, I do not say things back in a reply that would trigger a nasty msg back -
 Cdan1957
Msg: 136
view profile
History
Unread/Deleted
Posted: 9/10/2015 12:01:50 PM

What if I was a millionair and was giving away money I guess the woman that unread/delete wouldn't get any. Another words they are shallow, rude,and full of themselves. That's not the type of woman anyone should want to date.

First off, I suggest you give some of your millions to an English teacher. A little instruction on writing and spelling might help. "Millionair"?"Another words"? Do you want to buy a vowel? The phrase is "in other words".

It continues to blow my mind why people are so caught up in receiving a "thanks, but no thanks" email. She is not interested! Why isn't that enough? Why do people insist on having it written on a return email. I am sure you have enough friends and family who are willing to tell you what your faults are, do you really need to hear it from a complete stranger?

Milllionaires are a dime a dozen these days.

Not sure if 3 percent of the population would be classified as a dime a dozen but yes being a millionaire doesn't have quite the same clout as it once did.
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 137
Unread/Deleted
Posted: 9/10/2015 5:21:42 PM

You and the person you’re quoting are using the word “millionaire” to imply someone who is filthy rich, who has more money than he knows what to do with, and consequently is giving or throwing away money.

No….the person I quoted was doing that thing some people do when others won’t comply with their wishes. “In other words,” nyah,nyah!

That’s his whole point….he’s NOT a millionaire and that’s why women don’t want him, BUT they’ll never know he’s not a millionaire because they “unread/deleted” him.

That's not the type of woman anyone should want to date.

And yet….he does!!
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 138
view profile
History
Unread/Deleted
Posted: 9/10/2015 10:25:53 PM
cowgirl
You know what. I think he would bother to respond to just about any message. Men don't have huge choices on here unless they look like George Clooney and so on.. lol!!
And yes millionaires, no matter how ugly or otherwise undesirable do not trawl these waters.
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 139
Unread/Deleted
Posted: 9/10/2015 10:54:59 PM

cowgirl
You know what. I think he would bother to respond to just about any message. Men don't have huge choices on here unless they look like George Clooney and so on.. lol!!
And yes millionaires, no matter how ugly or otherwise undesirable do not trawl these waters.

I'm no George Clooney & I get messages I don't respond to, if I'm not attracted to their pictures or profile...

As for Millionaires, When you add up many peoples 401K's & the Value of a paid off House, it's real easy to get to a Million Dollars, in some areas of the USA... Of course a house worth a Million doesn't do any good, if You don't want to move to some cheaper place when you sell it...
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 140
Unread/Deleted
Posted: 9/11/2015 8:09:53 AM
In order to meet the criteria for a millionaire, you must have $1,000,000 in “investible assets”, not including your primary residence.

And yes, you will find some of them on dating sites---depending on which city you live in.
 ClooneysMentor
Msg: 141
Unread/Deleted
Posted: 9/11/2015 8:52:46 AM
Easy to reach a million if you choose man's best friend...the Zirconia!
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 142
Unread/Deleted
Posted: 9/11/2015 9:22:42 AM
I suppose if a man is up to his neck in paying off his student loans, child-support, and has had all his assets taken away in his divorces, a zirconia is all he could afford. Thankfully, I've managed to side-step men with that kind of baggage.
 ClooneysMentor
Msg: 143
Unread/Deleted
Posted: 9/11/2015 9:31:29 AM
I like the cut of your jib Skies :)
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 144
view profile
History
Unread/Deleted
Posted: 9/11/2015 9:44:17 AM

n order to meet the criteria for a millionaire, you must have $1,000,000 in “investible assets”, not including your primary residence.

And yes, you will find some of them on dating sites---depending on which city you live in.

Yes that is the financial definition, although there are definitions that include primary home equity. And yes there are millionaires and even multi on this site and even forums.

It isn't something to advertise,and doesn't change ones lifestyle too much. One needs at least 10 million (or at least here they do) to have a lifestyle change. Lifestyles do attract women, but just keeping it in the bank and showing them your bank statement I don't think will help.

Why not they need sex/love also. Like Henry said, just having 1-2 million doesn't really change ones lifestyle too much, especially if one is retired living on it.

StarClassic
Msg: 145
Unread/Deleted
Posted: 9/15/2015 4:15:32 PM
Dayna said:
But that's just it, we don't have leagues, what a person looks like isn't necessarily going to be what type they are attracted to.

I haven't read through all the other gems, and crap, in this thread but I tend to disagree.
Men are just as guilty as women. People view the pics, give a glancing pass at About Me and say, NEXT.
Our time is precious to us. The effort we are willing to expend is valuable to us. Why should we spend either on, Maybe?

You see. Leagues do exist. And, for the most part, they are visual.
This, is the one thing that truly sucks about OLD.
 PassionateSunnyGal
Msg: 146
Unread/Deleted
Posted: 9/15/2015 8:00:45 PM

I haven't read through all the other gems, and crap, in this thread but I tend to disagree.
Men are just as guilty as women. People view the pics, give a glancing pass at About Me and say, NEXT.
Our time is precious to us. The effort we are willing to expend is valuable to us. Why should we spend either on, Maybe?

Well I tend to disagree with you--because visual is only one component of attraction-someone could be dumb as a box of rocks --and pretty soon any attraction will wane...or they could be ego or attention driven and need constant validation etc...so the bottom line with OLD and REAL LIFE is personality will always trump looks for the long haul which is why you often see many good looking people having trouble maintaining a relationship.

So taking an average looking man who had applied himself to better his life, educated, well spoken, who had no unresolved anger issues but a good sense of humor and most women over 45 are going to see him as a prize over some handsome man with a shit personality
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 147
Unread/Deleted
Posted: 9/17/2015 9:36:39 AM

Leagues existed long before OLD. They always have, and they always will.
 Maleman999
Msg: 148
Unread/Deleted
Posted: 9/17/2015 10:25:51 AM
It looks like we need to redefine the terms Major League, Minor League, Little League, Big League.
 _babblefish
Msg: 149
Unread/Deleted
Posted: 9/17/2015 2:41:07 PM

It looks like we need to redefine the terms Major League, Minor League, Little League, Big League.

justice league
 Ouija2025
Msg: 150
Unread/Deleted
Posted: 9/17/2015 3:25:12 PM
bush league.
So a league is no longer 3 miles hmm?
I wonder if POF had a rating self rating system how many people would rate themselves an 8.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Unread/Deleted