Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Unread/Deleted      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ouija2025
Msg: 176
Unread/DeletedPage 8 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Well now the age old Question " Why did she not reply/delete my message" is hardcore answered. We can direct the next person who asks to this thread.
I too scoped out a few of the names listed.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 177
view profile
History
Unread/Deleted
Posted: 1/28/2016 6:06:59 AM

The very fact that he made and maintain a list ...my mind is blown--why focus on the negative...just fuel the hate and bitterness!

I suppose it makes sense to keep track of those you have MSGed, so you don't MSG them repeatedly. And I might have been inclined to MSG someone twice, but no more.

What I object to the "queens" of unread / deleted conclusion. There is no way to know how many MSGs from other POF users go unread, so it's based solely on the experience of cutie. You can draw any conclusion from that. And a few of those profiles had pretty specific criteria where one knows for sure they aren't a match, so I wouldn't have bothered even trying, and I would hardly be surprised at getting unread/deleted.
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 178
Unread/Deleted
Posted: 1/28/2016 1:50:40 PM
Oh but maybe these women had received just toooo many hundreds of messages and his simply got lost in the mix. :( Or maybe they are slaves to their genetics and need a certain kind of trophy man for their girlfriends to ooooh and ahhhh and have melodramatic meltdowns over, ala “reality” shows.

Then there’s the ol standby, they are all entitled princesses who will end up old and alone with a houseful of cats. That’s my favorite.
 Chromis1
Msg: 179
view profile
History
Unread/Deleted
Posted: 1/28/2016 2:41:24 PM
I looked at a handful.

Redhot has a solid golf stance.
 PassionateSunnyGal
Msg: 180
Unread/Deleted
Posted: 1/29/2016 5:37:29 PM
^^ You should write her and see if she responds to you :P
 Hungry_Heart2704
Msg: 181
view profile
History
Unread/Deleted
Posted: 10/23/2016 8:35:57 PM
Let's see if I can revive this old thread.

I've been around POF for a long time. 10 years altogether. I've seen a lot come and go. I learned long ago not to pay any attention to the ways of most people on these sites. But at the same time, I understand where the guys are coming from. Some of us guys, we have feelings too. And even though it's a stranger on the internet that is rejecting you, it's still a rejection. And a bad one at that. You're not just rejecting the guy, it's almost a slap in the face. Not only did you reject him. You don't even care what he has to say. That's hurtful. Even if it is a stranger. So, I can understand. Another kick in the teeth, When a guy decides to write a woman that in all reality, (I'm not saying this to be mean. Just being truthful.) She isn't that attractive, and she does the unread/delete thing, for some guys, that's another slap in the face.

And for us guys that do read profiles, we come across a profile like this. (This is a copy/paste of a real profile.)

Get to know me, I promise u will laugh, which is most important to me, I'm NOT what society calls perfect, but I'm honest, loyal, n very outgoing...do I have the perfect body ,nope! But I'm a work in progress, n I love me like I am, lol, I DO NOT judge just simply looking for someone who will take the time n make some effort to get to know me...

A guy comes across a profile like this. Sounds honest and heartfelt. Take the time to get to know me she says. The guy thinks to himself, "She sounds like she gets it." He decides to take the time and write her. He is willing to take the chance and reach out and try to get to know her. What does she do? Unread/delete. This is why some guys get pissed. Me personally, I don't care. I stopped caring a long time ago. The way I look at it, there is more of them than there are of me. I just go write another one. But, I do understand.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 182
Unread/Deleted
Posted: 10/24/2016 5:21:32 AM
" When a guy decides to write a woman that in all reality, (I'm not saying this to be mean. Just being truthful.) She isn't that attractive, and she does the unread/delete thing, for some guys, that's another slap in the face."
I do hope you see the irony
 rearguard*2
Msg: 183
view profile
History
Unread/Deleted
Posted: 10/24/2016 6:16:45 AM
I don't know, both women and men constantly reject advances in real life with casual ease, and when it happens, most normal people brush it off without a second thought. Why should the OLD scene be any different? My experience is you simply make continuous approaches, most lead to nothing, but some lead to heaven. Why agonize about it?
 Cdan1957
Msg: 184
view profile
History
Unread/Deleted
Posted: 10/24/2016 8:58:32 AM

That's hurtful. Even if it is a stranger. So, I can understand. Another kick in the teeth

It is not a kick in the teeth. If you read the other posts to this thread you would realize that not everybody handles rejection very well. Some get upset to the point where they respond angrily, get blocked and create a whole new profile in order to continue to flame the woman who wasn't interested. So you cannot blame women for just deleting email from someone that does not interest them and end any potential issues. The problem, as referenced a million times, is yours. The fact that you care why a complete stranger found you uninteresting, unattractive or both motivates you to the point that you need to rant about it on the forums. Seriously, would you have felt better is she read your mail and deleted it or if she responded with a nicely worded letter that says you suck? I think perhaps what was really bothering you is that this woman was unattractive! So an ugly woman rejected you, that is really a blow to the gonads ain't it? If it makes you feel better, imagine this...the day before she got your mail she met her "Mr Right" and she is so head over heels that she deleted all her mail. You are colleteral damage.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 185
Unread/Deleted
Posted: 10/24/2016 9:18:30 AM
This topic should've ended after msg 2, since msg 2 summed it up quite well IMO
 rearguard*2
Msg: 186
view profile
History
Unread/Deleted
Posted: 10/24/2016 10:02:37 AM
^^^ True. But that applies to pretty well every thread, and if implemented would leave the forums even more boring than they are today.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 187
Unread/Deleted
Posted: 10/24/2016 10:08:03 AM
^^^^^

Ya, and wouldn't it be nice if one of the former posters could stop by and tell us where they took off to so we could meet up again ?
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 188
Unread/Deleted
Posted: 10/24/2016 10:29:41 AM

When a guy decides to write a woman that in all reality, (I'm not saying this to be mean. Just being truthful.) She isn't that attractive, and she does the unread/delete thing, for some guys, that's another slap in the face.

Don't you think it's an equal slap in the face to the woman you contact, if you think you're slumming it?

It sounds like nothing more than sour grapes on your part just because she beat you to the punch.
 cooldog65
Msg: 189
view profile
History
Unread/Deleted
Posted: 10/24/2016 11:20:34 AM
^^^^^ His kind of whine was made with sour grapes...
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 190
view profile
History
Unread/Deleted
Posted: 10/24/2016 7:09:07 PM
good one cooldog.... lol!!
 rearguard*2
Msg: 191
view profile
History
Unread/Deleted
Posted: 10/25/2016 6:17:59 AM
Honestly, I feel sorry for women. I don't find men to be particularly attractive, and yet women appear to have strong opinions about male attractiveness. I really don't know why all women are not lesbians....
 BlackLady1953
Msg: 192
view profile
History
Unread/Deleted
Posted: 11/2/2016 5:21:16 PM
"I don't know why all women are not lesbians." Sometimes I wonder that myself.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 193
view profile
History
Unread/Deleted
Posted: 11/2/2016 7:34:17 PM
women dont choose to be lesbians anymore than men do being gay. So that is a no brainer.

We all have strong opinions on what is attractive in the opposite sex, that is normal. Thankfully we all want something different and see attractions in others that many others do not. There are basic characteristics that most sane people want, manners, intelligence, humour, financial viability, fit and healthy looking, sexpertise etc. What packages that comes in will vary and so will the attraction.
 onbeach1960
Msg: 194
view profile
History
Unread/Deleted
Posted: 1/6/2017 7:07:49 AM
Those are my favorite, Unread, Deleted. They make me wonder why i bother to write anything original, respectful, or why i try not to bother any women who would obviously not appreciate what i have to offer. On the other hand, i write them off and the label of snob, self absorbed ass goes by their name and i move on, i have no time for superficial women who are looking for who has what, not who someone is......
 wanderer1999
Msg: 195
view profile
History
Unread/Deleted
Posted: 1/10/2017 10:15:11 AM
I've learned a long time ago that there's a lot of people who are 'do as I say, not as I do."

I see it over and over again in women's profiles...

"Show me that you read my profile"
"Write more than just hey"
"I want a guy who cares about me, not my looks"

And then they don't read your e-mail or read your profile. They distill your entire value into an image.

I just laugh and think about how many of those women would be interested in me if I ever met them in person. Not an ego thing, just the reality. Some people are great online. Some people are great in person. Unfortunately one doesn't always translate into the other.

So take heart, relax and accept that it's a crapshoot here. I craft individualized messages not because I expect everyone to respond but because I know that a worthwhile person will take the time to read it and my profile, confident in the understanding that you are more than an image and a single message.

It's not personal. It's just how it is.
 daynadaze
Msg: 196
view profile
History
Unread/Deleted
Posted: 1/10/2017 1:34:02 PM
So if someone has no interest in you, you label them? Come on, you know some people can look at your profile and you will never know it, others just are not interested, why would you spend so much time getting even with them in your mind? Just let it go, move on, forget about it.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 197
Unread/Deleted
Posted: 1/10/2017 5:04:11 PM
well if it gives you a laugh Shrug
Right
how many women.. I'll bite, how many, 4 100, ?
If they aren't interested few things less attractive OLD than ppl who say
: your loss :
 aintnodeal
Msg: 198
view profile
History
Unread/Deleted
Posted: 1/10/2017 5:20:39 PM

On the other hand, i write them off and the label of snob, self absorbed ass goes by their name

Seriously, I think you are describing YOURSELF. You don't consider a moment about what the woman might be thinking when she sees your photo. It's probably "NO WAY!" No amount of fancy writing is going to get around that, and for most women, cash and status won't work either.

Your attitude is like the men at bars and clubs that get rejected and have to call every woman a "lesbian" to justify their lack of interest in you.
 Cdan1957
Msg: 199
view profile
History
Unread/Deleted
Posted: 1/11/2017 5:54:50 AM
Damn this is a tired old topic. Why in the hell do people need confirmation of someone's lack of interest with an email saying, you suck! They are not interested in you, your age, your weight, your hair or lack there of, your interests or that they just flat out think you are butt ugly....who knows and why does it matter enough to whine about it in the forums?
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 200
Unread/Deleted
Posted: 1/11/2017 8:53:01 AM
Geez, I haven't even SEEN the status " read " , " unread ", etc in YEARS !

Is this now only for the Upgraded/people who like to throw their money away members ?
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Unread/Deleted