Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Red flags      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 clooneystutor
Msg: 276
Red flagsPage 12 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
No Couch Potatoes!

Damn, so much for the Twilight Zone marathon:(
 browneyesboo
Msg: 277
Red flags
Posted: 5/1/2015 11:24:58 AM
I didn't read all this stuff...but
something stuck out like a sore
thumb...

It's LOON ya looney tune!
Unless you mean a crescent or
a half moon...in which
case...
carry on.
 newoldgirl
Msg: 278
Red flags
Posted: 5/1/2015 3:38:17 PM

Another one of my Red Flags.
People who are Sooo Anal they point out that others use their and they're incorrectly in a post on a website.
Do you point out Miss-spellings too, I'm Sure of it. Man, Get a Life LoL

Some would say it is a red flag that a grown-up, alleged high school graduate doesn't know the difference between there, they're, and their. Or, it's just a sign of pure laziness (can't be arsed to check which word should be used).

LUNE?! Seriously. You really shouldn't call someone names that you can't even spell correctly.

The Use Of Random Caps is Also a Bit Distracting! Are You Just Guessing Which Words Should Get Capitals, or What?

Hint: capitals belong the beginning of a sentence and when using proper nouns. Where I live, that is grade three curriculum.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 279
Red flags
Posted: 5/1/2015 4:58:59 PM
Thank you Mr Oluben!
Very nice of you to say!

GE appears to be agitated
or maybe he's always this way,
I dunno. Talk about red flags!

*rummages in her closet for her
red hat*

And yeah, what's up with all the caps,
GE?
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 280
Red flags
Posted: 5/1/2015 5:16:02 PM

The Use Of Random Caps is Also a Bit Distracting! Are You Just Guessing Which Words Should Get Capitals, or What?

Hint: capitals belong the beginning of a sentence and when using proper nouns. Where I live, that is grade three curriculum.

You Can't Have No Idea How Little I Care........ I'll use Caps when & where I feel like it........
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 281
view profile
History
Red flags
Posted: 5/1/2015 5:28:35 PM
clooneys

sometimes perceived red flags can really turn out to be only the palest of pale pink ones. A guy I find attractive I would give a chance to and the unease I feel may disappear with further acquaintance.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 282
view profile
History
Red flags
Posted: 5/1/2015 5:31:23 PM
galacticExplorer

you still don't get it. A well thought out message sent by a guy not deemed of interest or seen as attractive will be ignored. So protest all you like about pictures being of paramount importance but it is the way it is online.
Again, I say I don't imagine that you contact homely fat single mothers either.
 Qura
Msg: 283
view profile
History
Red flags
Posted: 5/1/2015 7:32:13 PM
A "red flag," for me, is something that indicates crazy, immoral/unethical, or really bad judgment--things that could affect not my happiness, but that might also affect my job, finances, health, or, god forbid, my kids.

The only "red flag" I see on here regularly (well, that I did see when reading profiles regularly), are "negative" profiles (most of which reveal a dislike or distrust of women). Most red flags would not likely show up until a conversation (email, phone, in person) and some don't show up until you've spent some time together--a few dates, perhaps. IRL, when I was young and dating, they were things like: trying to rush me into a relationship/commitment; getting drunk on every date; "bragging" to me about how he stole from his employer (yes, that actually happened!), things like that. Lots of stuff comes out in person--even very early--if you are paying attention!

I see a lot of things in profiles that suggest we might be incompatible. Most of the time, when interested in dating, I was willing to chat with almost anyone, and to meet too, even if the profile suggested an incompatibility. I wouldn't t really know if the "incompatibility" was a serious thing, or was something that might just give me the "alone time" I love.

But even with a pretty open approach, I never met anyone I wanted to meet a 2nd time. Nice enough, but nothing more. Oh, well. Thank goodness I think *I* am fabulous company :)
 Joegl209
Msg: 284
Red flags
Posted: 5/7/2015 2:45:04 PM
Red flags,

1. No profile picture or feels the need to not display it to the public on a dating site.
2. Hides the fact that she is married and separated until well after we've been dating.
3. Hides the fact that she has children until I already start take a liking to her.
3. Does drugs and regularly goes to clubs or bars.
4. Is in her 30, 40, and 50's and still acts immature and fickle.

I could go on but I'll leave it at those because those are the main ones I see a lot.
 gtomustang
Msg: 285
the Sonny test
Posted: 5/7/2015 4:21:03 PM
For those who missed the wonderful coming-of-age, play-into-movie, "A Bronx Tale", gangster Sonny says he tests his dates out by letting her first into his car and then looking thru the rear window as he walks around, to see if she reaches over to unlock his door for him.

I was reminded of this, this weekend by a Barbie gal who failed lunch as far as this is concerned. Not that I intentionally put her to the test, but I always lock my car door so I had the opportunity to notice. I'm not sure its so much of a red flag, but its probably not a bad indicator either.
 sun_and_cinnamon
Msg: 286
the Sonny test
Posted: 8/18/2015 4:10:46 PM
^^^ or in the movie Singles...
"She unlocked my car door button" "Unmistakable sign"
 Witnesstomythoughts
Msg: 287
the pee pee test
Posted: 8/18/2015 4:21:21 PM
Lorena Bobbitt shrine in her bedroom
 Peas_
Msg: 288
the Sonny test
Posted: 8/18/2015 4:27:49 PM

For those who missed the wonderful coming-of-age, play-into-movie, "A Bronx Tale", gangster Sonny says he tests his dates out by letting her first into his car and then looking thru the rear window as he walks around, to see if she reaches over to unlock his door for him.

I was reminded of this, this weekend by a Barbie gal who failed lunch as far as this is concerned. Not that I intentionally put her to the test, but I always lock my car door so I had the opportunity to notice. I'm not sure its so much of a red flag, but its probably not a bad indicator either.

Since what year have car key fobs have unlock door buttons? No batteries? You guys are weird, testing....faulty logic there. Games.
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 289
the Sonny test
Posted: 8/18/2015 4:31:11 PM

Since what year have car key fobs have unlock door buttons?

No kidding. Heck, they have the lock knob so hidden these days you have to use the key fob just to find out where it is.

Now if she reaches over and locks the door....that tells you something. ;)
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 290
the Sonny test
Posted: 8/18/2015 6:41:08 PM

Now if she reaches over and locks the door....that tells you something. ;)

Yes.

She has put you on the same level as Cujo.
 11qq
Msg: 291
the Sonny test
Posted: 8/18/2015 7:06:25 PM
I admit to doing tests. the doorknob test is something I only find interesting. but I do observe it.

I can be a tool (all the forum people say at once "NOOOO SHYT!!")

but sometimes i'm a tool on purpose, especially at first. that's my test.
if a woman can forgive me when she hardly knows me, she'll surely forgive me when she loves me.
that's the kind of woman I want.
 fordssucklol
Msg: 292
Red flags
Posted: 8/20/2015 1:04:49 PM
when they cant always see u, that means they married,
 6146Catch
Msg: 293
Red flags
Posted: 8/20/2015 6:27:37 PM
Biggest red flag: she does online dating at all.
Other red flags:
She believes men who have indoor hobbies are "creepers" (yes, we all make shrunken heads in our basements).
She goes on and on about all the countries she's visited (and next she wants to visit other planets).
Has kids.
Describes herself as if she's the greatest thing since the wheel was invented, yet she has a dead-end job and is fat with a nose like a carrot.
Has some high-paying career and everything except a man... RUN!!!
Has one or more profile pics of herself and a couple of friends all drunk together in some club.
Most or all of her profile pics are selfies.
Some of her profile pics are of her animal(s) without her in the pic.
"I want a man who can make me laugh"... well maybe she and her club friends should start going to comedy clubs so she can meet comedians.

BTW why is it that women all want to meet a man who can make them laugh, but when women do some careless thing that men find funny, they get so angry when men laugh at them?
 Peas_
Msg: 294
Red flags
Posted: 8/20/2015 8:08:56 PM
spreadsheets
hoarders house
doesn't take care of animals
religious
smells like mold
green or brown teeth
......etc...
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 295
view profile
History
Red flags
Posted: 8/22/2015 1:00:23 AM

A "red flag," for me, is something that indicates crazy, immoral/unethical, or really bad judgment--things that could affect not my happiness, but that might also affect my job, finances, health, or, god forbid, my kids.

That's more of a "red alert", not so much a "red flag". A "red flag" is something that sticks out as a clear indicator of incompatibility and/or drama & issues one may face. It sort of foreshadows situational or personality problems that would be exposed if you went dating down that road. Doesn't require extremes...

1. No profile picture or feels the need to not display it to the public on a dating site.

I don't agree with this. Some gals won't put their picture up publicly because they may be a high school teacher... or have pics set as private and don't want the world to see, and she may take the first step and show them to guys she's interested in. I think that's just fine.

but sometimes i'm a tool on purpose, especially at first. that's my test.
if a woman can forgive me when she hardly knows me, she'll surely forgive me when she loves me.

I don't know if that's the best dating tactic... I can see throwing things out there as to how you are that may turn some off... like sense of humor. Deep into a lengthy date when the comfort zone is 100%, throwing out a joke or two that some may find offensive and some may find hilarious, to get a readout of her sensitivity & humor.
 ohenryx
Msg: 296
view profile
History
Red flags
Posted: 8/22/2015 8:07:38 AM

Peas
Spreadsheets

You really, really wouldn’t like me. I once wrote a spreadsheet like program, ran under Windows 3.1. Hell, I once wrote a DBMS in Fortran, ran on a Sperry Univac mainframe. Later ported to a Cray XMP super computer. Yep, I’m really undateable. Excuse me, I have to go and get ready for my date tonight…
 Onepercustomer
Msg: 297
view profile
History
Red flags
Posted: 8/22/2015 8:12:50 AM
Not sure if this was a typo.

But a woman can be single (Unmarried and not attached to anyone) AND have children.

*Cheers to the Single Moms*
 Peas_
Msg: 298
Red flags
Posted: 8/22/2015 9:41:28 AM

Spreadsheets

You really, really wouldn’t like me. I once wrote a spreadsheet like program, ran under Windows 3.1. Hell, I once wrote a DBMS in Fortran, ran on a Sperry Univac mainframe. Later ported to a Cray XMP super computer. Yep, I’m really undateable. Excuse me, I have to go and get ready for my date tonight…

Oh, I'm not so sure about that. I'm sure you could be a quality man....I should have clarified that to be "spreadsheets on past dates or potential dates"....nothing like a black book, this would be more in depth, I'm sure. I wasn't talking about resume work...

I watched a documentary on PBS once about American men seeking specifically Asian women on the internet. They followed a man who married an Asian woman. This was after about 20 or so failed attempts online with other Asian women. He was a real dweeb. He kept all his past communications with the other women. When his wife found them, she had a humungous blow up. She actually left him and stayed with his relatives for a short while until he deleted all his past...."data". She freaked over it, as she rightly should've.

VVV ok, more clarification....ah, REJECT. American women reject these fellas.

Here's the documentary:
http://www.pbs.org/independentlens/seeking-asian-female/
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 299
view profile
History
Red flags
Posted: 8/22/2015 9:52:28 AM

This was after about 20 or so failed attempts online with other Asian women. He was a real dweeb.

HAHA-- I believed everything until you said the above. Apparently, they like dweebs, as VK regularly mentions. That was so un PC for me!
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 300
view profile
History
Red flags
Posted: 8/22/2015 1:04:35 PM

I should have clarified that to be "spreadsheets on past dates or potential dates"....nothing like a black book, this would be more in depth, I'm sure.

I would strongly think the other way around. Vying for a spreadsheet would be begging for extra data, rather than just a black book. Why would keeping track of potential dates from different sites & IRL be bad? I've always kicked myself thinking "Gawd, I need a spreadsheet or something to not miss the the opportunity for one to spread on my sheets...," as when juggling too many at once when unorganized, one can fall thru the crack. :) I mean, that's what spreadsheets are for -- organization and data, right?

All word-jokes aside, one can find themselves juggling many who are just potentials which can turn into the early-dating phase, while handling others. Better than forgetting to call a guy or gal, or double-booking a date or meetup, right? Also, I don't see the harm in not deleting past situations and categorizing what happened for the girls (or guys) someone deals with during the singles/dating scene. It's probably unnecessary for many who don't juggle a lot, but any data is good data...

They followed a man who married an Asian woman. This was after about 20 or so failed attempts online with other Asian women. He was a real dweeb. He kept all his past communications with the other women.

Like recorded voice & texts? Yeah, a bit too much. A spreadsheet on his hard drive of gals he was juggling, after he's clearly settled down? Sure, delete it. But to say using a spreadsheet to keep track and manage your dating situation (and not deleting ones that fell thru for data purposes to notice any trends) = being like that guy is just guilt by association.

I think the only issue would be "Gee, how many girls/guys are you juggling right now?"
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Red flags