Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Red flags      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 305
view profile
History
Red flagsPage 14 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
If by dweebs you mean that they are men that can be manipulated, exploited and pushed around, then yes it has been my experience that some Asians will go for that. If the man is older, all the more is he putty in their hands. Does love have anything to do with it all?? Maybe in some cases.
 O2Z0
Msg: 306
Red flags
Posted: 9/17/2016 6:27:46 PM
People who say they've been on POF for over 2 years and still haven't found anyone.
 Shewymacfee
Msg: 307
Red flags
Posted: 9/18/2016 1:55:10 PM
Red Flags for me are as below.

1: Says she has 3 kids, then in the profile states she is a Virgin.

2: Women who keep deleting their profiles then persistently come back on here,,,,,,,,, Whenever they want a really nice meal, They just start dating again.

3: Gold diggers,,,,, Be the kind they want to marry, not the kind they date. So on our first date I’d nag the member for a new dishwasher. car, new plasma TV Etc

4: Liars,,,, I made the mistake of telling my date a lie about myself, and she caught me. I didn’t think she’d actually demand to see the bat cave.

5: When they mention sex in the first message,,,,,,, Guy: You’re the prettiest girl I’ve ever seen,,,,,,,Girl: You just want to have sex with me,,,,,,,, Guy: Wow, you’re smart too, I like that.

6: Saying they are in high profile jobs,,,,,,,, MMMMmmmm!!! I like to dating schoolteachers. If you do something wrong, they make you do it all over again.

7: When they send you are dumped messages like,,,,,,, It’s not you, it’s me. I just need to stop dating losers,,,,, My meds don’t interact with you very well ,,,,, or lastly, I don't have a boyfriend. But I do know a man who'd be mad at me for saying that.

8: When they say,,,,,, Can we still be friends? ,,, suerly everyone knows that this is the first complete sentence all little girls learn.

9: When they keep interrupting you ,,, There is no cure when they suffer from premature interjection

10: When you are old like me and are a member of a dating site, does that make me suffer from carbon dating?
 PrettyBr0wnEyed1
Msg: 308
Red flags
Posted: 10/11/2016 3:56:55 AM
My red flags regarding online dating are as follows:

1. Having multiple kids out of wedlock with different mothers.
2. Trying to rush me into a situation, because it's not a relationship, but rushing makes me run the other way.
3. Not allowing enough time to mutually get to know one another.
4. Pressing me for information that I'm not ready to give up, like: my full name, my DOB, my work address.
5. Not meeting yet, but having relationship expectations. I'm not kidding, this has happened 3 times on here.
6. Arrogance, chauvinistic views and ego-driven.
7. Making sexual comments.
8. Too much too soon too fast.
 MarsWarGod
Msg: 309
view profile
History
Red flags
Posted: 10/11/2016 1:41:52 PM

I think my red flag or turn off in reading a profile is too many dont's listed on their page. Like, 20 points sometimes.
Maybe I am wrong but it seems as if they feel really entitled or picky. I just feel the person might be a lot to deal with?
Or when I read on someone's page 'looking for someone who can keep up'. I wonder what do I have to keep up with? Will we be hiking a lot or sky diving? Or an emotional rollercoaster/ obstacle course? Seems a bit intimidating for me lol. I don't know that's just my 0.02.

I hear you. Instead of being encouraged to talk to her, you encounter a warning sign.

It's like your first glimpse of this girl is cursing out some other guy for all the bad crap that he's done to her.
 PlutoLover68
Msg: 310
Red flags
Posted: 10/11/2016 2:40:22 PM
He doesn't see his children.
He wants me to send him a pic of my breasts.
He wants to talk about sex before we've ever met.
He texts a****pic before we meet or before we are intimate.
He doesn't have a job.
He doesn't have a relationship with his family.
He's unable to maintain a conversation, one word answers, etc.
He cancels and wants to reschedule the first meeting. (Although I do bend on this and have met at least one great guy. Life happens!)

I also have a list of "they are a scammer" red flags, but I don't like posting those and giving the scammers info to improve their game.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 311
Red flags
Posted: 10/11/2016 2:46:37 PM
She says she's pen pals with Charlie Manson
 PrettyBr0wnEyed1
Msg: 312
Red flags
Posted: 10/11/2016 3:49:02 PM

I also have a list of "they are a scammer" red flags, but I don't like posting those and giving the scammers info to improve their game.

That's a good point, being that they're prevalent on this site. I've encountered one and had to list it after having another try the same exact thing as the other.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 313
view profile
History
the Sonny test
Posted: 10/11/2016 7:35:12 PM
None of this matters if the woman is hot enough and seems amenable to you. Unlocking the car door?? Not a biggie and certainly psychological indicator of anything untoward. She is probably on her phone texting anyway lol!
 Cynderella
Msg: 314
view profile
History
the Sonny test
Posted: 10/16/2016 2:29:10 PM
Wearing a red flag to our would be a red flag.
I like to give ppl a chance but I love you (yes this has happened) or sextalk on our first date are dealbreakers.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Red flags