Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Red flags      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Literate_Hiker
Msg: 51
Red flagsPage 3 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
Ainen:

Don't forget the rednecks also smoke, and their gun use is not limited to hunting. They expend countless rounds target shooting.

Good point. Rednecks riddle street signs with bullet holes in rural areas. It's hard to see the street numbers. Cretins.

I left out "smoking, tobacco chewin', hard-drinking, wife beating, mouth breathing, uneducated gun nut and anti-environmentalist who loves his chainsaw."
 HarryChapman5
Msg: 52
Red flags
Posted: 3/15/2015 4:20:06 PM
For me...
If you look like a man in your profile
and you say your female

If your pictures dont match....again sometime 3 female pictures with 1 guy trying to play female
 thecubanbeast
Msg: 53
Red flags
Posted: 3/15/2015 5:03:49 PM
More than 1 kid and don't take care of themselves. I work very hard too look good naked. she should too.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 54
Red flags
Posted: 3/15/2015 6:02:35 PM
^ No it's not - it's a bunch of stereotypes and characteristics that people don't like in other people; not warning signs, which would have been a way more interesting conversation.
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 55
Red flags
Posted: 3/15/2015 6:14:06 PM

19. Their whole life revolves around when they can ride their Harley Davidson.

LOL, What some see as a "Red flag", is seen as a "golden flag" to others. (As in golden opportunity)

Last summer I made the decision to sign up for a "Biker" dating website. I could no longer settle for anything less than the perfect man for me. He had to be a family man, long time divorced, totally confident, find humor at the perfect times, AND be a biker guy! Found MY perfect biker honey!
Today we went to a motorcycle swap meet, and the sun was shining when we got back to his place. I suggested we go for our first ride of the season and within 10 min we were on the road , the wind in our faces. Hip hip hooray!

Now for my "red flags".
1. The Ex is still in the picture.
2. Little to no contact with his children.
3.Too much texting, LOL (or is this a pet peeve?)
4. Sex talk before I have "opened the door", to the subject.
5.Words or actions indicating any disrespect towards women.

(Haven't seen a red flag since last summer)
 LadyEssKay
Msg: 56
Red flags
Posted: 3/15/2015 6:15:03 PM

^ No it's not - it's a bunch of stereotypes and characteristics that people don't like in other people; not warning signs, which would have been a way more interesting conversation.

To you, they may seem like characteristics, and stereotypes, to those that answered, they are warning signs.

That being said, my apologies for not answering in a manner that you deemed "interesting".
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 57
Red flags
Posted: 3/15/2015 6:22:25 PM
^ Oh. The things you mentioned earlier actually did seem like warning signs to me.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 58
Red flags
Posted: 3/15/2015 7:49:10 PM
Well, there are a lot of fat people, both genders, a lot of ignorant folks in both genders, a lot of idiot liberals, a lot of judgmental non Christians, as well as a lot of nice folks that hunt, fish, ride snowmobiles and Harley's. Decorate with antlers? I know two and they are both nice.

I wonder if anyone will bytch about the judgmental atheists, ignorant liberals, idiot hikers and those that seem educated yet seem stupid. Those who seek perfection yet are far from perfect. You'd think that after two divorces and a gazillion men, some might lighten up on the bashing or move to a better location. I'm pretty sure a job with the local Chamber of Commerce or Tourist Bureau won't be happening anytime soon.

Some folks give us liberal atheists a bad name.

And I agree with the OP, none of those are "red flags", just digs or preferences.
 JoeBnD
Msg: 59
Red flags
Posted: 3/15/2015 8:53:46 PM

I wonder if anyone will bytch about the judgmental atheists, ignorant liberals, idiot hikers and those that seem educated yet seem stupid. Those who seek perfection yet are far from perfect.

Are you kidding me??? I hear this constantly! I don't deserve, and am an idiot for going after, what I find attractive; no, I MUST settle for those I have no attraction towards. Blah, blah, blah. They can blow it out their collective ass.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 60
Red flags
Posted: 3/15/2015 9:13:31 PM
Joe, no one said anything about settling. No one. You can select anyone your little heart desires...just don't go pretending you're perfect while bashing others which is what I was commenting on.
 DietFree
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Red flags
Posted: 3/15/2015 9:17:27 PM

There are some good stuff on here...I even agree with a lot of them.
 Tarnished_Knight
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Red flags
Posted: 3/15/2015 9:46:51 PM
msg 54 blared: "My joke about single men in Wenatchee is if I wanted a fat, good 'ol boy, ignorant, Republican, judgmental Christian, fisherman and hunter, who loves his Harley and snowmobile and decorates with antlers... I'd be ALL SET!"

encouragement was received thru msg 57, "All those features could be managed simultaneously...except those guys are Republican voters, too? Ewwww!

and then followed up with msg 58,"I left out "smoking, tobacco chewin', hard-drinking, wife beating, mouth breathing, uneducated gun nut and anti-environmentalist who loves his chainsaw."

Bloody 'ell, I feel like a whole gommint make work road construction site of red flags rolled up into one cute little adorable fuzz ball.

I hit the poly-fecta:
1) Christian,
2) Vote republican (no other reasonable choices)
3) own at least one firearm
4) know how to use aforementioned firearm
5) a little self promotion here - use to be able to shoot the wings off a gnat with iron sights; hence, street signs would have been an unchallenging waste of ammo.

Of course in my favor I'm currently breathing with my mouth closed (don't really understand the significance, never smoked or chewed, quite educated (possibly more so than above cited posters combined), recycle, reuse, and compost but believe God gave man dominion over the world - including the environment (damn, another demerit - see above list), never owned either a snowmobile or a motorcycle (although I have been on one once and the other a couple of times or so).

Maybe it's not as bad as I thought - I might actually have a wash

TK
[although, just between you and me, I think the God and Republican issues negate all the rest.
Mouth still closed!]

God Bless, y'all
 clooneystutor
Msg: 63
Brazil or Spain?
Posted: 3/15/2015 9:47:02 PM

can´t see whether I´m shaven or not ;-)

Wanderlight, you vixen you!

Are you from Brazil?

I thought you were from Spain?
 norwegianguy123
Msg: 64
Red flags
Posted: 3/15/2015 10:46:31 PM
LH,

2. Still married.

Yeah. When you wake up someday next to your husband and realize he's STILL married -- oh boy, that's when the happy times have ended! ;) "But what are you going to do, divorce me?" he may ask...

1. Newly divorced.

"See?!" you say... "You're a snake -- you're going to be newly divorced if not married, and that's another reason why I shouldn't have been blind to your red-flags to be!" :)

4. Talks about sex.

And trying to make things good with you, he pulls that trick. Yep. Red flag... Men! ;)

10. Doesn't listen.

Yep. The husband just doesn't want to listen to & understand the catch-22 he's in with the red flags, in terms of him still married VS recently divorced in terms of trying to resolve the former flag. He's got red flags either way!

8. Talks negatively about his ex.

And another red flag just to put a nail in the coffin, he goes with the latter. Life can be overly difficult... :)

Others,

1. women who claim to be single and yet they have children.

Uhhh, yeah. Everyone knows that if a woman is Truly single, she doesn't have children. Everyone knows that with every child, there's at least a boyfriend.

Unemployed, or retired, in your fifties.

Yep. If she's in her fifties, that's a Huge red flag. Especially to a guy like you, in your 50s. :)

Doesn't like to cook.

Exactly. That's not a taste issue, or even a compatibility issue -- that there is a Red Flag! What are women coming to these days, not liking to be in the kitchen? Said gals are obviously up to no good...

Lists wanting to travel overseas.

Yep. Huge red flag. Going to Canada is one thing. They have hockey. And going to Mexico is another -- they have tacos. But wanting to cross the ocean? Oh man, that has red flag written all over it. They probably want to pull a bank heist. Or a ploy to be out of the kitchen for an extended period of time, so they don't have to cook. Yep, oldest trick in the book.

- Profile says they are 46, picture says they are 64 and looking for "long term". Red flag meaning = DESPERATE!!!!

Yeah, I Know. If their profile says 46, and their picture has wording on it saying "64" with "Looking for Long Term" -- big red flag. Now, if the picture said "69" with "No Commitment" -- then Phew! He's not a desperate clinger.

- Never Drinks.

Not so much a red flag as more incompatible.

Humor above aside... Actually I would say it's a potential red flag. It'd be too hasty to call it one, but there is a good probability that they're overly sensitive about drinking. Combine that with incompatibility, yeah, you treat it as if it is a red flag...

- Water not seeking its own level (i.e. average body type seeking athletic, low income seeking high income, etc.).

I'd be in the same category if I were exclusively seeking athletic women with PhD's with no kids. Buot I'm not.

True, when it's an overall theme, looking at the whole picture. More like "Average Jane secretary demands Hot Guy with great finances."

- No Coffee Dates! C'mon, be creative guys! Impress me!

Yeah, that is a red flag. The "one sided" POV. It's either a mild red flag that they're not over being butt-hurt by some individuals they dated, or that they have huge ego problems carrying the childish "I Deserve!" mentality (while of course scoffing at a (scoff) male carrying the same mentality). Yeah, damaged goods right there in either gender direction.
 BLonde^j^AngeL
Msg: 65
Red flags
Posted: 3/16/2015 4:00:40 AM

2. Still married.

Yeah. When you wake up someday next to your husband and realize he's STILL married -- oh boy, that's when the happy times have ended! ;) "But what are you going to do, divorce me?" he may ask...

If you think of it, it shouldn't even matter if u r married or not, it is the quality of the relationship

However marriage does entitle someone to legal & financial benefits.
 JoeBnD
Msg: 66
Red flags
Posted: 3/16/2015 8:13:19 AM

Joe, no one said anything about settling. No one. You can select anyone your little heart desires...just don't go pretending you're perfect while bashing others which is what I was commenting on.

Ah, okay. Misunderstood. I have never claimed to be perfect nor have I gone after a single supermodel. I will still, however, bash certain prevalent attitudes.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 67
Red flags
Posted: 3/16/2015 8:47:41 AM
Joe, would the quotes below make you want to "bash the prevalent attitudes"? It makes me want to do so. Why would someone make comments like this about the men who live in their city and surrounding area? It is beyond me. Is it just to make themselves appear "perfect" or is it "look at me, I'm wonderful"? To me comments like this make the author appear elitist, snobby, lacking character, lacking class, lacking intelligence and just plain rude and yes, stupid. When someone constantly makes comments like this it makes me wonder - why not friggin move.

Select who you want, find someone that fits, don't settle and don't be a bytch/azzhole about those that don't fit your criteria.

My joke about single men in Wenatchee is if I wanted a fat, good 'ol boy, ignorant, Republican, judgmental Christian, fisherman and hunter, who loves his Harley and snowmobile and decorates with antlers... I'd be ALL SET!

I left out "smoking, tobacco chewin', hard-drinking, wife beating, mouth breathing, uneducated gun nut and anti-environmentalist who loves his chainsaw."

And I know, I'm so predictable. But as an aside, there are other folks that post this way as well - constantly whining about lack of dates, lack of responses, lack of wonderful men or women in their area, lack of.....lack of..... I'm sure there are some wonderful men in Wenatchee and wonderful men/women in other areas where the constant whiners live and maybe, just maybe they don't select you because you don't meet their high standards. I know that the constant whiners don't meet my standards.
 Literate_Hiker
Msg: 68
Red flags
Posted: 3/16/2015 9:00:21 AM
It's a JOKE, bluemoon.
As I said, "My joke about single men in Wenatchee is.... "
I exaggerated for humor.
 cooldog65
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Red flags
Posted: 3/16/2015 9:05:56 AM
^^^^^ I couldn't agree with you more Bluemoon. She's a legend in her own mind. She didn't actually reveal the names of any of these guys?

I don't know why she hasn't moved out of Wenatchee if it's that bad. She should move to Seattle.
 Literate_Hiker
Msg: 70
Red flags
Posted: 3/16/2015 9:17:08 AM
Intelligent people get the joke and laugh uproariously.
They say it's hilarious.
The joke is an exaggerated caricature of rednecks.
I drew it out to an absurd extreme for humor.

bluemoon24_7
Msg: 71
Red flags
Posted: 3/16/2015 9:25:15 AM
Intelligent people??? How about elitists and snobs find it hilarious. Intelligent people, no, we don't find it hilarious at all, we just find it sad and pathetic that someone has to constantly put others down in order to feel better about themselves.

norwegianguy123
Msg: 72
Red flags
Posted: 3/16/2015 9:44:45 AM

Intelligent people??? How about elitists and snobs find it hilarious. Intelligent people, no, we don't find it hilarious at all, we just find it sad and pathetic that someone has to constantly put others down in order to feel better about themselves.

So wait -- you think that Jeff Foxworthy with his "You might be a redneck" jokes is an elitist snob? :) I get what you're saying -- it was a real dig at far-right/banjo-playing rednecks who live up in them there hills, where hikers who very well may not be of that variety may feel out of place with and crack jokes about. I think she was pointing out that she lives in an area where she doesn't fit the mold -- much like in the opposite direction if said folk up there were living in the center of a big city (or Beverly Hills; I think they had a show for that one lol), making fun of everyone in the area being hoytee-toytee elitist snobs who think guns are the devil and hunting breaks the Geneva Convention rules, while driving anything that gets under 40mpg is raping the planet without even any lube. See? Humor....
 Strawberry_Jello
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Red flags
Posted: 3/16/2015 10:17:23 AM
The movie "Deliverance" popped up in my mind.
 clooneystutor
Msg: 74
Red flags
Posted: 3/16/2015 10:35:04 AM
His family tree is a straight line...
 Literate_Hiker
Msg: 75
Red flags
Posted: 3/16/2015 10:39:28 AM
Hunters, especially, guffaw at the punch line about decorating with antlers.
My Republican and hunting friends- who generously give me elk meat- love to tease me. It's all good-natured fun.

Not everyone appreciates the subtleties of humor. With that joke about rednecks, I'm also making fun of myself (too fastidious to become a farmer's wife) and by extension, all women who are "too goddam fussy." The joke is on us because we can't find a man.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Red flags