Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Red flags      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Muttonforpunishment
Msg: 101
Red flagsPage 5 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)

I agree that people who look too hard for red flags are probably one big red flag themselves.

IMO these people don't REALLY want a relationship all, they look for reasons to disqualify and then go PHEW , that was a close one ! lol

I cannot believe that stating things like being affectionate, liking to make people laugh, and liking certain hobbies gets people automatically disqualified.

I know , so what if it's cliche or whatever , the intention is good isn't it ?

Oh,.... and god forbid you make a spelling or grammar mistake. This is just another reason why OLD sucks. People are so quick to dismiss others that they would not be so quick to dismiss IRL. Also, it seems that the ladies are looking for the Goldielocks profiles. The guy has to come across as strong but not pushy, kind but not wimpy, funny but also serious, confident but not conceded, experienced but not a player,....so on and so on. These are all great things but do you really think that you can guess all of these traits of a person from a couple of paragraphs? You people cannot possible be that dumb. I can see dismissing people who are overtly sexual, mean, or not having anything in common with you, but really, the only way to get to know a person is to meet them IRL.

Well said, totally agree, it seems if you don't have the magic combo :

Being unfairly good looking AND know how to write a profile PERFECTLY

...then this is a big waste of time.

I'm here for the same reason I buy lottery tickets ( maybe a miracle will happen, lol )
 Maleman999
Msg: 102
Red flags
Posted: 3/17/2015 9:04:22 AM
On-line dating is no different than job hunting. There are countless people hoping to qualify for the relatively few openings available. Profiles are the resumes. When there are too many to choose from, people (and companies) look for reasons (perceived red flags) to disqualify people to narrow down the field of candidates. It's then up to the remaining few to give their best sales pitch to give the impression of being totally perfect. And that's why so many first meets turn out to be like job interviews.
 Literate_Hiker
Msg: 103
Red flags
Posted: 3/17/2015 9:17:52 AM

ozsealady1: I think I experienced a red flag tonight.
He gave me a 1 hour lecture about a conspiracy theory of religion and law he has been researching for 10 years.
My eyes were glazing over.

He sounds like a paranoid crackpot. Conspiracy theory? Watch out! He may have an arsenal of guns.

Since age 15 men have been trying to seduce me, lecture me, or bore me to death.

The last man who lectured me couldn't stop yammering about golf, even though I said I was not interested:

"Talking about golf is boring to me."
"You're STILL talking about golf."
"My eyes are glazing over."
"I'm starting to snore."

I never called him back.
 Fire_and_Ice4_You
Msg: 104
Red flags
Posted: 3/17/2015 9:52:43 AM
ozsealady

He gave me a 1 hour lecture about a conspiracy theory of religion and law he has been researching for 10 years.
My eyes were glazing over

Oh boy! My last date went into the theory or the depths of things we perceive in this world... to be.
As in....what is a "thought"?....Do we really die in death?.....bla...bla..
Nonsense....so not for me.
LH..

The last man who lectured me couldn't stop yammering about golf, even though I said I was not interested

I wonder if some men may not feel the same, when you talk about "hiking"?

I like a person that shows a passion... about things in his life.
I think this is when "compatibility" and a meeting of the minds are important....without a doubt!
 2ufo
Msg: 105
Red flags
Posted: 3/17/2015 11:10:48 AM

Dinner ... lovely
Movie... sat in the back row and held hands.... felt like a teenager... lovely
Second ... Best Exotic Marigold Hotel.... great movie... I laughed out loud.

Supper ... He gave me a 1 hour lecture about a conspiracy theory of religion and law he has been researching for 10 years.
My eyes were glazing over.

*sigh* I love a good conspiracy theory discussion....

To each their own.
 Literate_Hiker
Msg: 106
Red flags
Posted: 3/17/2015 11:21:28 AM

Fire-and-Ice4_You: I wonder if some men may not feel the same, when you talk about "hiking"?

In conversation it's important to be aware of the listener's reaction, facial expressions and body language. A dead giveaway that someone is losing interest is when they glance at their smart phone.

We all have stories. Men love telling about their incredible bravery, heedless risk-taking and accidents. Heck, I nearly drowned while kayaking a fast-moving river, after being suddenly flipped upside and pinned underwater, beneath a large overhanging tree in the river. That's quite a story... how I problem-solved my way out of it.

Men often ask me to tell a few hiking stories. I keep the story short, entertaining and funny. I usually tell my latest hair-raising experience in the mountains. Then it's their turn to talk.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 107
Red flags
Posted: 3/17/2015 12:03:00 PM
OMG...you sound uber interesting.
I think we could be best friends

*casually checks phone for latest facebook update*
 Grl_next_door
Msg: 108
Red flags
Posted: 3/17/2015 12:10:54 PM
Ha! I just laugh off those messages, and pity any woman whose life choices would lead her to a guy like this.
 clooneystutor
Msg: 109
Red flags
Posted: 3/17/2015 12:22:28 PM
Anyone have green flags waved at them?

Ya know...a sign to approach faster?
 tgif111
Msg: 110
Red flags
Posted: 3/17/2015 1:15:35 PM
green flag - woman licks her lips, looks at your mouth while twirling the ends of her hair, nostrils flaring, chest heaving, orbs doe eyed, nipples stiff.

time to close the deal and suggest surfing..........mattress surfing that is
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 111
Red flags
Posted: 3/17/2015 1:22:02 PM

nipples stiff.

Dude, you are wrong with this one. You are totally wrong and that doesn't happen at all!!!

Well, not anymore. :-(

Now they sale these patted bras so they push up a lot and it kills the nipples showing. I loved the days when you were talking to some woman and in the middle of the conversation her nipples got hard. To go to the Ballet, my girlfriend had to special order a bra that had a sheen not that steel belted padding. So we could have some visual effects at the opera house.

LOL
 ozsealady1
Msg: 112
Red flags / Green flag
Posted: 3/17/2015 1:29:14 PM
Green flag...

I thought I had one last night during the movie.
Sitting in the back row. Lifted up the arm rest separating us and him gently fondling my hand and me reciprocating.
Yay I thought.

Supper was my suggestion. Especially after such a promising start to the evening.
(Dinner was a bowl of seafood noodles at 5.30pm)
We went to Max Brenner - a chocolate cafe and had a chocolate fondue- strawberries, banana etc with both dark and milk chocolate dipping sauce. Plus I had a green tea. He did n0t want to drink anything.
Sitting in a lovely alfresco piazza on an elevated platform over the pond and fountain.
Warm, balmy late summer, early autumn evening.

As well as the conspiracy theory I also heard about the first marriage that lasted 6 months - 1 child.
2nd marriage 6 years 2 children and his most recent girlfriend.
And his out of body experience when he died. That I found interesting.

10-15 mins of conspiracy theory would have been fine.
I love a good hypothetical.
But an hour!!!!

Give me Green flags anyday.
And chocolate.

Hmmm.
Must go for brisk walk with dog to work off that chocolate.
How many km per chocolate dipped strawberry?
 cooldog65
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Red flags / Green flag
Posted: 3/19/2015 9:18:58 AM
ozsealady1...
Sitting in the back row. Lifted up the arm rest separating us and him gently fondling my hand and me reciprocating. 
Yay I thought.

Yay when I saw the word "fondling"...

Sigh when the word "hand" followed...

*puts away the lube*
 You_Never_Knew_Me
Msg: 114
Red flags / Green flag
Posted: 3/20/2015 2:37:20 AM

stiff nipples

Well this certainly evokes high school memories. In winter the girls usually went for a cigarette without their jackets which led to nipples so stiff they could poke your eye out. My sight eventually returned to my right eye, the left is useless unfortunately.
 HawkingJr
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Red flags / Green flag
Posted: 3/20/2015 2:12:12 PM
Country music, hunting and muddin’ as interests are usually pretty good signs that I should not be contacting said-woman.

Actually, I really don’t consider those to be “red flags” – a “red flag” is a sign indicative of another, less pleasant and somewhat unexpected behavior, whereas those types of interests are directly indicative of the type of person participating in them.

So in general, I just see things in a woman’s profile that makes me not be interested in her and lead me to assume she wouldn’t be interested in me rather than “red flags.” The closest thing to a true red flag for me, as some others have indicated, is a mile long listing of “must not haves,” even if none of those “must not haves” eliminates me, because women with mile long listings of “must not haves” are just looking for excuses to eliminate guys and I am pretty easy to eliminate even by those who aren’t very picky, so there is no reason to waste my time contacting somebody with a Seinfeld complex, plus if I somehow pass all those tests, undoubtedly control issues are going to arise in the relationship. To some extent this is also true with “must have” listings.
 ThePig0fYourDreams
Msg: 116
Red flags / Green flag
Posted: 3/20/2015 2:50:58 PM

*sigh* I love a good conspiracy theory discussion....

I certainly don't. My f*cking idiot neighbor tried to tell me months ago that Obama had Joan Rivers and Robin Williams killed. No kidding.

I had to throw his stupid ass out of my house for that shit.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 117
Red flags / Green flag
Posted: 3/20/2015 3:01:06 PM
^^ who do you think put out the contract?^^
Most red flags are well hidden at first..some things are used to screen people out instead of in
So what if he idk, files his teeth?
 Walts
Msg: 118
Red flags / Green flag
Posted: 3/20/2015 4:28:55 PM

My f*cking idiot neighbor tried to tell me months ago that Obama had Joan Rivers and Robin Williams killed. No kidding.

Does your neighbor post in the "off topic" section pig???????? That Obama sure seems to have a hand in almost everything that is wrong with the world, according to some. :O
 ThePig0fYourDreams
Msg: 119
Red flags / Green flag
Posted: 3/20/2015 5:08:18 PM
Nah, that cretin can barely make a phone call on a cellphone, let alone figure out how to post here.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 120
Red flags / Green flag
Posted: 3/20/2015 5:52:04 PM
He'd get the most dates
Ever
oh I so hope he wears sweat pants
I do
Lucky duck you
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 121
Red flags / Green flag
Posted: 3/20/2015 6:19:07 PM

Nah, that cretin can barely make a phone call on a cellphone, let alone figure out how to post here.

That's it, I'm ready to go home LMAO

I'm laughing so hard, tears are coming out.

As for redflags: A man who has kids but seems to be more preoccupied with his d*ck's desires than his kids.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 122
Red flags / Green flag
Posted: 3/20/2015 6:29:19 PM
It's kind of ironic that the very people who can't figure out birth control are the ones who end up with the responsibility of raising children... How the hell does survival of the fittest apply to this??
 ozsealady1
Msg: 123
Red flags / Green flag
Posted: 3/20/2015 6:59:17 PM
^^^^^^ Oh so very, very true.

Sometimes I think the wrong people are having children.
I vote for everyone on the planet to be sterilised prior to puberty and when, and only when, you can prove that you will be a good parent and will not be passing on any horrendous inherited problems, you can have your fertility switched back on.
Solve poverty, massive health care costs, over population, wars... everything in a couple of generations.

Or perhaps the ones who survive bad parents are the strong ones.

p.s. Love the Enhanced Mona Lisa.

Where are these green flags.
Must be hiding.
 naysaying_knicktwist
Msg: 124
Red flags
Posted: 3/20/2015 7:50:58 PM
browneyesboo
OMG...you sound uber interesting.
I think we could be best friends

*casually checks phone for latest facebook update*

Lmao.
 Eternityboreme
Msg: 125
Red flags / Green flag
Posted: 3/21/2015 2:09:38 PM
Sometimes I think the wrong people are having children.
I vote for everyone on the planet to be sterilised prior to puberty and when, and only when, you can prove that you will be a good parent

How would one know that lest they're parenting a child? What predetermining factors could be measured to detect the adequacy and efficiency of potential parents? If we go by that logic, I'd have been completely barred from reproducing, sterilized the Nazi way for being Jewish and nuero-atypical, and then my two beauties would not have been born to me, raised with my love and enduring and obsessive commitment, and living wonderful, productive, academic lives.

and will not be passing on any horrendous inherited problems, you can have your fertility switched back on.
Solve poverty, massive health care costs, over population, wars... everything in a couple of generations.

I can't believe that you posted something like this. It makes me so sad. :(
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Red flags