Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Man who has never had a relatonship      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dragonbytes
Msg: 50
Man who has never had a relatonshipPage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I have a gamer friend, she is about 40, she is mainly steampunk. She used to make the rounds of the cons in the USA, selling leather steampunk goods and body shapers. I went to a few cons with her.

She got married to a guy she met in Thailand, now they make their product there and export to the USA. She is quite a gamer.

Steampunk.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=steampunk&tbm=shop

Body shapers.
http://forums.plentyoffish.com/addpost.aspx?SID=2l01un1gelnvllowpwyywbjw&PostID=16370628&x=19&y=9

Another gamer I traveled with was more the traditional stereotype, went to Thailand and stayed in his room playing World of Warcraft. Though he was a cross dresser, which I guess isn't quite the stereotype.

I have pictures, the streampunk is pretty cool, but the male gamer cross dresser was one poor excuse for a woman.

Another possibility, gamers sometimes find non-gamers boring.

They have moved a long way past star trek.
 norwegianguy123
Msg: 51
Man who has never had a relatonship
Posted: 4/19/2015 10:19:10 PM

No woman wants to date a sad sack or feel like she’s rescuing a man from himself.

Well, one's not necessarily a "sad sack" at all. Especially when it's not a 'phase', some guys (and gals) aren't going to be sad sacks -- they just see the world differently and have accepted it and unfortunately, "moved on". Not to say there aren't sad sacks in long-term phases or just their way of life. Just saying that's not necessarily the case. I would say the main thing would be having "bad game" -- because when he/she Is confronted with a dating situation, nervousness/cluelessness sets in and it can get awkward. That would be the main thing said never-had-a-real-date person should be prepared to avoid. But that's only going to be of concern until after they get that overhaul.

Agree with the need for a major overhaul but where would he get one?

Books and learning. It'd be like someone who never had a clue about computer programming and only general-level computer usage, learning computer programming. Like not knowing what language & platform to learn on, it doesn't really matter -- as long as it's not way out there -- like learning to do assembly code on an old-school Unix system that's command-line only, would Not be a good idea for said person. So, to get an overhaul, learning from books & videos, going to some seminars about interacting with women, etc., and learning from different POVs and gathering them together... while also having a friend or two aid them along the way.

Most of the dateless men that I know are in the same profession I am. We are all engineers. Yes, nerds, geeks, social retards...... whatever.......

Maybe starting out that way in the early 20s, but there's not a high % of native land engineers that are lacking ever finding a date well into their 20s. There's a big difference between low batting average and never getting a hit. The latter is where the urgency for an overhaul comes in. Your upbringing is unfortunate, as it put you in a position to embrace the sausage-fest mentality, and to unfortunately not expose you to certain situations which would turn on a light bulb... which I can see would be a reason being, say, 25 or 26 and never getting a Real date. But at some point, that needs to be shaken off.

I have asked out plenty of women over the years, but all of them already had boyfriends. Just the cards I suppose. Anyway, that's the short of it.

If that's true, then you haven't asked out plenty of women. Don't believe you've been going about it correctly. It hasn't been in the cards to be easy, no. But it Has been more than in the cards to be able to land some adventures with females. It just requires a lot of strikeouts, being able to take that well, and a decent batting stance ("game").
 sigungq
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2015 7:00:13 PM

If that's true, then you haven't asked out plenty of women. Don't believe you've been going about it correctly. It hasn't been in the cards to be easy, no. But it Has been more than in the cards to be able to land some adventures with females. It just requires a lot of strikeouts, being able to take that well, and a decent batting stance ("game").

Actually, it is true that I have asked out many women over the years. A particular time in my life comes to mind as an example. I was in the Baltimore area doing a consulting job for a large defense company. I went out every weekend, with the mind of meeting at least two new women each weekend. I would try and get together with them at least once, or email them a few times, and then ask them out. I was averaging asking about 2 women every three weeks. This was for a year and a half. Not one date. I have consciously put myself out there, going to clubs, church, gyms, etc. Have done volunteer work. Met quite a few women along the way. All had boyfriends (or so they said). In many cases however, the boyfriends were verified.

As I say, just the cards I suppose.
 dinno76
Msg: 53
Posted: 9/10/2015 11:09:03 AM
If he is happy that way then leave him alone. Nothing wrong with him.
 LexiInMDR
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2015 4:00:01 PM
***OR,*** maybe the guy has been burned once and doesn't want it to happen again. In that case I can't blame him.
 benartflick
Msg: 55
Posted: 9/11/2015 2:34:44 PM

"So what would you think of a 40 something man who has never had a realtionship, but is perfectly content to spend the day alone, playing video games."

I met a guy in his 60's who claims he never had a relationship with a woman...or man. Perhaps hung like a gerbil. Don't know. He plays golf 5 days a week: Monday thru Friday. Great golfer. I did ask, "How's your sex life?"

He answered, "For a priest with a small parish, I do okay."
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Man who has never had a relatonship