Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > What do 50+ men want?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Literate_Hiker
Msg: 76
What do 50+ men want?Page 4 of 54    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)

rearguard*2: You indicate you are seeking a relationship, but exactly what does that mean to you?

I want to feel WELL MET by a man. Well met emotionally, athletically, mentally, intellectually and dare I hope?... sexually. Do you know how rare that is?

I've been searching for this since age 24. Lately I have been lowering my expectations, thinking about settling, giving uneducated men a chance (conversational duds, all), and reminding myself that nobody is perfect. Of course nobody is perfect. I feel lucky to have felt well met by my husband and three boyfriends.

I'm seeking an athletic, intelligent man with a great sense of humor who treats me with love, respect and kindness. I want a man who shares my healthy lifestyle. I miss the tender touch, laughter, intimacy, conversation, teamwork and fun of a committed, loving relationship.

Respect and kindness are essential.

In a loving relationship, I hope to resolve conflict, enjoy each other’s company, have fun, support each other and grow together. Sometimes we all need to be tucked into bed like a two year-old.

Currently I am having fun getting to know a highly intelligent, funny and kind counselor and teacher who teaches social justice and behavioral counseling, and who cares deeply about women's rights. John is like a breath of fresh air.

At 65, John is retired and flying around the world, helping children after mass gun shooting, often at schools. The kids are fearful and traumatized.

“I was a target in Vietnam,” John said, making me laugh. Because of injuries from the Vietnam War, one of his feet is stiff and clumsy. An avid bicycle rider, John tremendously enjoys the outdoors. John can handle easy hikes; I can take him to beautiful places. I will do steeper, more difficult ascents with my hiking pals.

John is such a rare, intelligent, funny, kind, thoughtful and loving man, I feel lucky to have found him.

I feel well met by John.
I am holding it lightly in my heart, like warm air.

Grl_next_door
Msg: 77
What do 50+ men want?
Posted: 3/25/2015 10:22:21 AM
[ Lately I have been lowering my expectations, thinking about settling, giving uneducated men a chance (conversational duds, all), and reminding myself that nobody is perfect. Of course nobody is perfect. I feel lucky to have felt well met by my husband and three boyfriends].... Literate Hiker

Giving them a chance??

You are so harsh with/about people LH. It's almost as if people disappoint you personally for not being what you look for. Very offensive IMO.

I am no turnip, and have grown sons who were blessed with IQ's in the high/superior range.

Some smart people can't understand that not everyone is endowed with the same logic or intellect. Some people are actually operating on very little brain power, for a variety of reasons.
It doesn't make them 'less than', although I know you may disagree.
"There for the grace of God ...",

Everyone brings something, and I have gotten to know simple people whose common sense wisdom and kindness have placed them high above other "educated" types in terms of their humanity.

Tarnished_Knight
Msg: 78
view profile
History
What do 50+ men want?
Posted: 3/25/2015 11:30:37 AM

I feel well met my John.
I am holding it lightly in my heart, like warm air[\quote]

And yet, everyone on here who has read even a fraction of your posts knows that in a day, week, or month, we will hear about that one trait of John's that forced you to toss him to the wolves.

Anyway, if nothing else, perhaps by posting this one comment you will quietly abandon John and not defame this "highly intelligent, funny and kind counselor and teacher" in these forums. Frankly, I'm tired of hearing you turn every man you've crossed paths with into some horrid blackguard.
Though I once felt empathy for your poor life, now i just don't give a damn.

TK
 rearguard*2
Msg: 79
view profile
History
What do 50+ men want?
Posted: 3/25/2015 12:35:45 PM

Do you know how rare that is?

Really, LH, I am an old person like you, and have loads of experience in the game of life. I do hope things work for you and John. My main point is that love is not hard to find if you are open to making it happen, and while I myself like intelligent, interesting, healthy partners, I do know that in any cooperative endeavour, like love, evaluative and judgmental approaches are only self-serving and counter-productive approaches that will doom the efforts.

The reality of life is that the vast majority of people find successful relationships without too much trouble. Its also true that through the eyes of love a persons perception of their significant other rarely coincides with an objective description of the object of affection. When people bind, they also merge from me and you to us.
 BLonde^j^AngeL
Msg: 80
What do 50+ men want?
Posted: 3/25/2015 12:45:37 PM

Giving them a chance??

You are so harsh with/about people LH. It's almost as if people disappoint you personally for not being what you look for.

IMO LH is very educated & very honest & she is cute as a button/pretty & very fit. Couple that w/ being over 45...

It's hard enough for an average (no offense to anyone) over 45, as there are slim pickins.

LH needs to be w/ someone on the same level, and add that on top of the already slim pickins it makes it harder than the average woman. But bec. of her appearance & open mindedness, she gets many dates.

How could she date not as bright or attractive?

Being honest in one's posts can be seen as harsh, I admit to doing it myself. But if you think about it, she is not being disingenuous, she's just being honest which should be of a help to any open minded person.

She's sharing her thought process & experiences w/ no filter.

I've noticed her get quite a few ad-hominem attacks in the last month, mainly by other women.
 justdeb1111
Msg: 81
What do 50+ men want?
Posted: 3/25/2015 2:02:55 PM

Well this morning......this one wants......two eggs over easy, bacon, hashbrowns and toast

OMG. does Diogenes know about this guy? An honest man!
 Literate_Hiker
Msg: 82
What do 50+ men want?
Posted: 3/25/2015 2:31:11 PM
Thank you, Blonde Angel. I appreciate your kind, insightful words.

Of course I realize that intelligence is not determined by a college degree. Lately I've had a streak of bad luck in meeting men. I saw the humor in it because I see the humor in life.
 the_summerwind
Msg: 83
What do 50+ men want?
Posted: 3/25/2015 3:41:01 PM
Bron @

So yeah, I'm a lot more flexible than I used to be. It's different when
you're younger and sort of grow into each other.

Very true as in a young, loving relationship. so more of the mysteries, adventures etc,etc.... As I was only married once, 20 years... & even though divorced now, we still respect & cherish those times when our children or close friends are present....

Now that you're older....you are what you are...and change is more difficult, but something that
has to be considered.

No question.....a much finer dance for sure....or a more less of a chance to find......Hope Springs Eternal

ml

I've been searching for this since age 24.
Bummer....let hope like Forrest Gump did... you ,one day can stop running....
 Literate_Hiker
Msg: 84
What do 50+ men want?
Posted: 3/25/2015 3:53:08 PM

Literate_Hiker: I've been searching for this since age 24.
The_summerwind: Bummer....let hope like Forrest Gump did... you ,one day can stop running....

I feel lucky to have felt well met with my husband, whom I married at age 31, and three boyfriends.
 Demidar
Msg: 85
What do 50+ men want?
Posted: 3/25/2015 4:34:08 PM
I would be very interested in what LH considers a normal hike , distance wise . Also whether that is on pavement or over broken terrain .
 Silverhawk_tkn
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Men 50+, I don't care what YOU want - here is how you must "be" to get a shot at me!!
Posted: 3/25/2015 4:39:29 PM
LOL......so much for "What do men 50+ want".

This should have been "Men 50+, I don't care what YOU want - here is what you must do and "be" to get a shot at dating me!"

There.....much better.........
 Tarnished_Knight
Msg: 87
view profile
History
What do 50+ men want?
Posted: 3/25/2015 4:51:00 PM
Dude,

you've got to pay attention!
hiker has let forth often the difficulties of her traipses through the trees. Since I once did my own traipsing in that area, around north Lake Chelan as well, I can vouch for the terrain. Particularly, the walk to Purple Butte (I do hope I am remembering well the name) out of Stehekin, climbed something like 6-7ooo feet over a few miles. Ann and I only had day packs (camping packs remained down near the lake shore) for that trek. left just after sunup in July, got to see the cliffs opposite us turn a shimmering gold on the way up, and barely had enough time running down to collect our gear and catch the ferry by 2 or 3 PM. So far, the only time I was scared s___less was on the way down that trail: we scared up a baby bear about two thirds of the way to camp (in my memory the baby was bawling - but I'm not sure any more) and Ann and I were walking quickly away with our heads on a swivel. Of course, here in Montana bear maulings happen quite often, esp down near/in Yellowstone - but that encounter was close enough for me. I ought to get some bear bells I do that again.

TK
[Smokey ain't so cute close up]
 purplerider1200
Msg: 88
view profile
History
What do 50+ men want?
Posted: 3/25/2015 5:07:34 PM
Not many people know what they exactly want in life, can climb on a soapbox and preach to the world about it. LH can. I never bothered to look at her profile. Reading her responses on various threads in the forums told me quite clearly that it would be useless to do so. I know oil and water doesn't mix.

In doing OLD, I always thought that it was important to read, and re-read profiles, and choose on that basis. Countless times I've read that I should write every lady and their old auntie in order to make the most of being online. It wasn't long after I started this, that I recognized the folly of doing so. Why should do that, and waste my time, and her's? I see no reason to message any woman if I have only slightly marginal interest in her. The end result would be a flop anyway. I'd like to meet the dumbell that thought up that line of reasoning, and shake their hand. (And leave them with a grip that would make then think twice before shooting their mouth off again) Men are, IMO are their own worst enemies when it comes to OLD. There's just entirely too many that are trying add notches to their bedposts. And many women would love to re-arrange their dental work for them. Do keep in mind, ladies, that there are a few guys, (Like me) whom would like that opportunity to do that for you.
 Literate_Hiker
Msg: 89
What do 50+ men want?
Posted: 3/25/2015 5:13:12 PM

would be very interested in what LH considers a normal hike , distance wise . Also whether that is on pavement or over broken terrain .

I love hiking to high alpine lakes and mountain summits. Never on pavement, silly! Last year I did 34 hikes totaling 208 miles, with over 43,000 feet of elevation gain (and loss.) Here are some of my favorite hikes of 2014.

Alpine lakes:

Ingalls Lake, 11 miles round trip, 3,000' of elevation gain.
Schaefer Lake, 10 miles round trip, 2700' of elevation gain.
Lake Colchuck, 9 miles round trip, 1,500' of elevation gain.

Mountain summits with glorious views:

Polallie Ridge, 8 miles round trip, 2,500' of elevation gain.
Poe Mountain, 6 miles round trip, 3,000' of elevation gain.
Este Butte, 8 miles round trip, 2,850' of elevation gain.

Alpine meadows:

Spider Meadows, 11 miles round trip, 900' of elevation gain.
Chatter Creek, 7.5 miles round trip, 2,500' of elevation gain.
 Demidar
Msg: 90
What do 50+ men want?
Posted: 3/25/2015 5:26:32 PM
I used to retire a pair of shoes after 3000 miles , every year . 10 + miles a day through every thing mother nature has to offer . It payed well . I do miss the adrenaline rush from the charging rots and mastiffs . was a rare day , not to get attacked by at least one dog .
msg 95 : They turned this into another what do women want thread as usual , not much one can do about it . Sorry I have never worn a pair of sandals , never would either . Had not realized by stating how much I used to walk on a daily basis , was a way to shame some one .
 Ouija2025
Msg: 91
What do 50+ men want?
Posted: 3/25/2015 5:38:55 PM
How about we keep this to what men 50+ want?
Before you try to shame LH and her wants, perhaps read her profile.
I would think a Man that age wants what I want ( well, except for Chanel sandals, that would be ackward)
Or a freaking fun shopping trip!
 Silverhawk_tkn
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Great Hikes!!
Posted: 3/25/2015 5:58:03 PM

Dude,

you've got to pay attention!
hiker has let forth often the difficulties of her traipses through the trees.

Got it!! Switching to great hikes:

Last one I did was July last year in the Canadian Rockies. I live around the Edmonton area and I usually spend a good part of the summer in the Rockies as there are so many great backcountry and day hikes in and around the Banff/Jasper area. One of my fav's is the hike up to the teahouse at Lake Louise. A bit touristy, but can be done in about a half day and the scenery is spectacular, not to mention hearing the Victoria Glacier cracking constantly in the heat of middle summer. Elevation gain of about 365 meters and can be easily hiked by beginner hikers.

I've got Berg Lake trail booked for this August with a bunch of buddies. Thats a 2 day backcountry hike requiring a pass that takes you past the backside waterfalls and glaciers of Mount Robson in British Columbia. Looking forward to that one. Elevation gain 800 meters over 23KM.
 Tarnished_Knight
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Great Hikes!!
Posted: 3/25/2015 6:14:08 PM
Silverhawk,

I was posting to the comment above yours: demidar.

But, you're welcome

TK
 cooldog65
Msg: 94
view profile
History
What do 50+ men want?
Posted: 3/25/2015 6:14:32 PM
old_hag...
Oh, I'm prepared for the unrealistic responses -- Barbie, Miss America, Supermodel -- all young enough to be their kid. I'm just curious to see how many will admit it LOL

Women around my age (two 25 year olds...) is desirable...

Just kidding about the two 25 year olds...maybe not.
 Demidar
Msg: 95
What do 50+ men want?
Posted: 3/25/2015 7:06:38 PM
@ TK . That is why you carry a bowie knife in the woods , at least you can fight the bear on it's terms , and win . Just have to be quick and precise . Probably still get maimed a little , but at least win .
 Tarnished_Knight
Msg: 96
view profile
History
What do 50+ men want?
Posted: 3/25/2015 9:03:23 PM

@ TK . That is why you carry a bowie knife in the woods , at least you can fight the bear on it's terms , and win . Just have to be quick and precise . Probably still get maimed a little , but at least win .

Demidar,

don't know what you're smoking, man, but I'll pass. I gave up the Daniel Boone fantasy 40+ years ago; I think if it came down to a face-to-face I'll take a Desert Eagle 50 cal (worry about the broken wrist later) over the bowie knife. It may have served ol' Jim well, but I'll take any advantage I can get.

TK
[remember, when outrunning a bear, brown or black, you don't have to be faster than the bear, just faster than the other guy]
 ThePig0fYourDreams
Msg: 97
What do 50+ men want?
Posted: 3/26/2015 1:36:58 AM
They want what guys of any other age want. As Chris Rock once said....food, sex, and silence.

Feed me, f*ck me, shut the f*ck up.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 98
view profile
History
What do 50+ men want?
Posted: 3/26/2015 5:49:11 AM
^^^^I think I am beginning to see where the female vitriol is coming from.......
 justdeb1111
Msg: 99
What do 50+ men want?
Posted: 3/26/2015 8:40:35 AM

^^^^I think I am beginning to see where the female vitriol is coming from.......

High five!
 VoxClamantis
Msg: 100
What do 50+ men want?
Posted: 3/26/2015 9:32:30 AM

What do you want us to want?