Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > What do 50+ men want?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 justdeb1111
Msg: 101
What do 50+ men want?Page 5 of 54    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)

What do you want us to want?

Oh now c'mon...

How about "What do you want us to want you to want?" :p
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 102
What do 50+ men want?
Posted: 3/26/2015 10:49:20 AM

Posted by VoxClamantis:
"What do you want us to want?"

Posted by JustDeb1111:
"What do you want us to want you to want?"

Sung by Cheap Trick
"I Want You To Want Me"

FullMoonGuy
Msg: 103
What do 50+ men want?
Posted: 3/26/2015 10:58:31 AM

I want an experienced hiker because I am tired of teaching novices to hike.

Yes, that concept of putting one foot in front of the other and moving forward on the already carved trail can be exhausting to explain over and over.

Experience and fitness are needed to: know what equipment, food, water and clothing to pack, safely hike steep, hazardous trails, pace yourself, keep your energy up, and prevent falls and injuries.

I hiked the Grand Canyon in one day without packing anything but the clothes on my back.

Now, if one is speaking of scaling Half Dome in Yosemite, then experience and fitness are essential.
 Fire_and_Ice4_You
Msg: 104
What do 50+ men want?
Posted: 3/26/2015 11:57:30 AM
fullmoonguy......lol.

What do we want men to want? Eric got it right....just has to be mutual...that's the hard part!
 kj521
Msg: 105
What do 50+ men want?
Posted: 3/26/2015 11:59:06 AM
Not to toot my own horn Mr. Next Step....

But I have a warm heart (cold feet though)...sensitive...honest and I do like to relax.

As far as liking to cwtch up? Good luck finding a woman that likes THAT!
I think you are in the wrong forum for that, sir. You might even need a whole other website for that! ;)
 Maleman999
Msg: 106
What do 50+ men want?
Posted: 3/26/2015 12:31:32 PM

I like it on fries and hamburgers. I don't know why women don't go for it.
 justdeb1111
Msg: 107
What do 50+ men want?
Posted: 3/26/2015 1:32:05 PM

I like it on fries and hamburgers. I don't know why women don't go for it.

On scrambled eggs is the best, but, not everyone is so open minded.....sigh.
 justdeb1111
Msg: 108
What do 50+ men want?
Posted: 3/26/2015 1:38:29 PM

Sung by Cheap Trick
"I Want You To Want Me"

I'll see you a Cheap Trick and raise you a Queen:

Ooh, each morning I get up I die a little
Can barely stand on my feet

(Take a look at yourself) Take a look in the mirror and cry (and cry)
Lord what you're doing to me (yeah yeah)

I have spent all my years in believing you
But I just can't get no relief, Lord!

Somebody (somebody) ooh somebody (somebody)
Can anybody find me somebody to love?
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 109
What do 50+ men want?
Posted: 3/26/2015 1:53:40 PM

On scrambled eggs is the best, but, not everyone is so open minded..

Now you're talking!....who put you up to this?.....
 justdeb1111
Msg: 110
What do 50+ men want?
Posted: 3/26/2015 2:32:09 PM

Now you're talking!....who put you up to this?.....

Oops, looks like the cats-up out of the bag :P
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 111
What do 50+ men want?
Posted: 3/26/2015 2:56:42 PM
Hmm.....if you would have mentioned something about ketchup on some mac and cheese as well.....;)
 lovebalancedlife
Msg: 112
What do 50+ men want?
Posted: 3/26/2015 4:01:52 PM
I was wondering exactly that. Am on this dating site for the last year or less. I had over 3,000 men looking into my profile. I try to contact at least 2 men every day. I will exaggerate if I will say that got over 15 messages, I had 4 dates. And not because I am picky, but because??????. My dates went like this: 8 canceled at the last minute. One could not keep his hands off me no matter how much I objected. Another one just walked by since his picture and his true self did not match, another one was married, another was a liar and nothing of what was in his profile was true and the last one just got divorced and wanted a shoulder to cry on. One day I experimented and post a picture of an older model as the main picture. I can not tell you how many men messaged me in the first half an hour. I took it off once I confirmed my assumption. So you are asking what do men over 50 wants? I do not. I just hope that there is at least one who listens to the head on his shoulders.
 Maleman999
Msg: 113
What do 50+ men want?
Posted: 3/26/2015 4:13:32 PM

One day I experimented and post a picture of an older model as the main picture. I can not tell you how many men messaged me in the first half an hour. I took it off once I confirmed my assumption.

What men 50+ want are women who don't put up fake profiles to play games and test men. So by doing this experiment, you found out men are physically attracted to a good looking woman. What a shocking revelation! Stop the presses!
 lovebalancedlife
Msg: 114
What do 50+ men want?
Posted: 3/26/2015 4:28:45 PM
And the reason you do not post your pictures in your profile is ??. carefull, do not through rocks if you live in a house made out of glass.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 115
What do 50+ men want?
Posted: 3/26/2015 4:35:44 PM
What does him not having pictures have to do with YOU using fake ones? No wonder people get jaded - fake pictures. Former model no less.
oh well, thanks for that newsflash
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 116
What do 50+ men want?
Posted: 3/26/2015 5:01:45 PM
One technique could be to add the supermodel pics and indicate profile has pics with makeup and without makeup. ;-)
 lovebalancedlife
Msg: 117
What do 50+ men want?
Posted: 3/26/2015 5:36:48 PM
The only reason that a man or a woman will not post pictures on a dating site is: they do not want anyone to find out that they are looking.
Why do they not want anyone to find out that they are looking? Because they are married, in a relationship and/or playing few of us at the same time.
The Common Thread between what he accuses me of doing, and what he is doing, is not being honest.
 daynadaze
Msg: 118
view profile
History
What do 50+ men want?
Posted: 3/26/2015 5:52:12 PM
There are many legitimate reasons why someone would not post pictures, to jump to the conclusion that they are out to fool you, says a lot about you but nothing about them, since you in no way know why they do not have pictures up unless they tell you.
 lovebalancedlife
Msg: 119
What do 50+ men want?
Posted: 3/26/2015 7:10:56 PM
Would you please name few. I would love to learn from my mistakes.
 SLAFFA
Msg: 120
What do 50+ men want?
Posted: 3/26/2015 7:11:43 PM
Well, as a few did take the liberty of wandering off the beaten path on this Q earlier...

Maybe I should have mentioned in my earlier post...

Food? Should I put in my profile that I have NO WANT or need for a woman to "cook" for me at any time for any reason? Which does NOT mean a lot of "obvious" conclusions most people would make. I very rarely eat out but one of the big advantages of being single to me is never having "skirmishes" of any kind over what/when to eat. I am way more than happy to fend for myself when it comes to food.
 flaneur001
Msg: 121
view profile
History
What do 50+ men want?
Posted: 3/26/2015 7:17:21 PM
lovebalancedlife

I've been on POF for a few years. I participate in the forum, I'm not here to date (I'm in a relationship with someone I met on another site). I am not married, nor am I dishonest, I'm a regular forum lurker.
 deetristate
Msg: 122
What do 50+ men want?
Posted: 3/26/2015 7:54:42 PM
To eat their cake and have it. not have to give up anything to have everything that they want.
 justdeb1111
Msg: 123
What do 50+ men want?
Posted: 3/26/2015 7:54:44 PM

Actually, many reasons why someone would not want a pic to show initially:
1) They are new to the site and don't have a recent pic.
2) They are experiencing a major change in their life as in losing weight, plastic surgery recovery or healing from a devastating illness (think chemo and re-growing hair) but still want to try to find someone before they post their changed photo.
3) They are a well known entity in their community but do not want help from there because of some awkward "wow, you gotta meet this gal" fix-ups. (I know a pastor who is looking too, no way does he want the congregation to get wind of it because he does not want to seem unkind ).
4) They honestly think that they are ugly and would rather that you got to know them a bit first via forums or a really well written bio hoping that you'd overlook their appearance.
5) Could be that they are just here for forums and are not actively looking. I remember when the forums were a lot more spirited and busier than this--one of the reasons I decided to try this site myself.
6) Terminal shyness---that was me initially.
7) Freakin PoF didn't like their pic and took it down. Has happened to peeps even if there wasn't a thing wrong with the picture, just someone being vindictive and making a complaint.
8) Just got over a long term relationship, newly divorced or widowed and not sure if PoF is right for them anyway

Probably other reasons, those just popped in my head first...
 LadyEssKay
Msg: 124
What do 50+ men want?
Posted: 3/26/2015 7:57:28 PM

The only reason that a man or a woman will not post pictures on a dating site is: they do not want anyone to find out that they are looking.
Why do they not want anyone to find out that they are looking? Because they are married, in a relationship and/or playing few of us at the same time.
The Common Thread between what he accuses me of doing, and what he is doing, is not being honest.

Total nonsense. Even when my profile is active, I don't usually have photos displayed publicly. But I do send them with any messages.. I can assure you that I am completely single, and unencumbered by a relationship (other than my friends, family and pets). I know many people here who, for various reasons do not post their photos publicly, none of which are sinister. Many take them down when they don't want to get messages. When I have been on here before, I didn't have my photos up, and didn't receive a message for 3 months. Then I put them up for 24 hours. I got over 60 messages. And I'm not a supermodel. It was too overwhelming, so I took them down again, until I could read them all, and respond when warranted.
 daynadaze
Msg: 125
view profile
History
What do 50+ men want?
Posted: 3/26/2015 9:10:48 PM
You know if you have a fixed idea that everyone is up to something, especially if it's against a gender because you've met or been with some that were lousy excuses, you are not going to care about any real reasons why someone might not be up to anything bad, you want them to be bad, to prove your point, so you don't have to see anything outside the need to vent. Common sense is more than enough proof that not every one without a picture is some asswipe waiting to hurt you. Any list will just be met with, yeah but... It's totally your choice to think the way you want.

One could ask, why does daynadaze have a picture up if she's not looking to meet men, or someone else can say why does she only have one picture up, and another will say, is that an old picture...what the hell is Dayna up to!!! Haters are going to look for reasons to find the bad in people, now that's not to say you have to pretend everyone is good, it's just that you need to see the bad first, not assume it's there, like oh no picture, must be some a-hole hiding. Let the person show you who/what they are, then make a decision about what you think of them.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > What do 50+ men want?