Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > What do 50+ men want?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 1251
What do 50+ men want?Page 51 of 54    (14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54)
This is gonna get good

I'll bring the cigarettes and Barry White.

Scented condoms and candles too!
 razors_edge55
Msg: 1252
view profile
History
What do 50+ men want?
Posted: 3/18/2017 10:41:14 AM
I like a double sleeping bag that zips together ,,,under the stars
 Cynderella
Msg: 1253
view profile
History
What do 50+ men want?
Posted: 3/18/2017 10:47:18 PM
Bait's Motel has good rates for those over 50
 razors_edge55
Msg: 1254
view profile
History
What do 50+ men want?
Posted: 3/19/2017 1:38:28 AM
Cyn ,your such a romantic ,,,lol ,, I was thinking more "the Grand Budapest Hotel " ,
what do 50+ men want ??? Me ,wish I had a "star trek " transporter,,just maybe make it easyer
to find a date ;-)
 Cowgirlwannabe1
Msg: 1255
What do 50+ men want?
Posted: 3/19/2017 5:53:41 AM
cause ya wanna go where no man has gone before?
hahaa

Bates motel..yikes
 razors_edge55
Msg: 1256
view profile
History
What do 50+ men want?
Posted: 3/19/2017 6:56:48 AM
"wanna go where no man has gone before ?" I'm pretty sure no lady on this site could promiss that , lol
 IReallyShouldnt
Msg: 1257
view profile
History
What do 50+ men want?
Posted: 3/19/2017 7:25:15 AM
^^^
Are you forgetting "Nat"?
 GoodLord1
Msg: 1258
What do 50+ men want?
Posted: 3/19/2017 9:27:12 AM

I thought KJ, TomdaBomb, Pigofyourdreams, HawkingJr and BelleAtlantic met in person down in FL?

I was Tom Da Bomb then. I had arrived in Clearwater only two weeks prior to this meeting.

it was one of my most embarrassing nights in a long time. because of so many concerts, dance clubs, 30 years in a steel mill and my other businesses I have significant hearing loss. it got REALLY bad the night I met all those folks. the ringing in my ears got very loud. none of the conversation was clear.

we met in Ybor City near Tampa, a well known party area. I wasn't able to understand much of what was being said. I was ill at ease and answered to questions that had nothing to do with what they asked me. i'm sure they all thought I was on drugs or that I was out of it. so I kept a low key as we went from place to place. I was able to communicate one on one sometimes but it became so difficult I told the group to continue on to the next venue without me. I spent the rest of the night wondering what I was going to do since I couldn't communicate.

a few weeks later I went out with a woman that had hearing aids. she directed me to her hearing doctor and I spent $6000 on state of the art hearing aids with free lifetime batteries. what a life saver. they work well but I still have a hard time with accents, phone convos and video movies. I use closed caption as often as I can.

KJ was super nice, smart, sociable, well dressed and looks just like her photos. I think she felt my pain and embarrassment that night.
I felt her inner strength and bravery as she has experienced significant loss but isn't after sympathy.

PigOfYourDreams was a nice guy and into music. I think we could have a lot in common with music but i'm a suit and tie guy and he's all leather and rural.

Hawking was a good looking short guy, very liberal and cerebral but I liked him a lot and we had an excellent conversation as we strolled the city. for whatever reason(frequency, pronunciation?) I was able to understand what he was saying the best of anyone. I think we could have been friends if we kept away from politics.

Belle Atlantic - hmmm. i think we simply tolerated one another. we talked but neither of us felt any connection on any level. she was a very independent woman and a tell it like is type from New York.
she's the kind that takes no prisoners.
 ohenryx
Msg: 1259
view profile
History
What do 50+ men want?
Posted: 3/19/2017 9:40:28 AM
Tom, interesting observations about the old time forum members. Your comments reinforce my own feelings based only on reading their posts over the years.

I always felt that KJ could be the woman of my dreams (if I were 20 years younger ….). And I always felt that Hawking and I would have become fast friends had we ever met. He definitely overthinks things, but we have that in common.

PigOfYourDreams – not too sure about him. We might have become friends, or just as easily enemies. I have the feeling there would be no in-between with him.

Belle Atlantic – I don’t think I would have gotten along with her. I respected her intelligence, and her knowledge in certain areas (psychology, sociology, dependence), but her “New York attitude” would have driven me bonkers. I often felt, when reading her posts, that if the two of us were trapped together somewhere for any length of time, only one of us would have survived!

I also think that you and I could be friends "if we kept away from politics". (smile)
 GoodLord1
Msg: 1260
What do 50+ men want?
Posted: 3/19/2017 10:17:37 AM
thanks ohenryx.

i think your post is correct too. Pig seemed a little shy or maybe it was the John Wayne thing. quiet but strong. i'd like him on my side in a fight. i talked to him the least.

KJ turned heads wherever we went. but she's more than good looks. she's a good person. she can say things that are very subtle but if you examine them they are deeper than you thought.

Belle didn't care what anyone thought. intelligent, she had her own ideas and was outspoken. what i remember about her was she really liked to eat. she loved her food but she was not obese. she was kind enough to order a large tasting plate for all of us to enjoy at the famous Columbia Restaurant while we each had our own individual dinners. our personalities did not match.

Hawking perhaps the most intelligent but a touch socially a bit awkward. he could speak for an hour about a spot on the wall. i couldn't read his 3 minute long posts. too many words. but i liked him and i think he felt comfortable with me as we were the same height. short guys have an unspoken bond.

i have no idea what the others felt but it would be interesting to hear what they'd say about me since i had such a bad night. i had been out late the night before and they called my hotel room to wake me up and i'm sure in addition to my hearing problem i looked disheveled as well.
it's a night i wish didn't happen that way but i have no regrets in meeting KJ and Hawking.
 razors_edge55
Msg: 1261
view profile
History
What do 50+ men want?
Posted: 3/19/2017 10:22:11 AM
wow Tom ,,what a story ,,I was on the "Aussie "forum a while and I opened a thread about a forum convention ,,had some interest but with a country so big ,,not possable ,,and me way over here in france ,,but hey you guys did it at least on a small scale ,,really good story
now the funny thing to me is ,Ybor City is where my mother was born and married in the church and ,I spent eight years in catholic school,,nothing like it was in the old days
still I always go there when I visit for a "devil crab" and cuban sandwitch
 GoodLord1
Msg: 1262
What do 50+ men want?
Posted: 3/19/2017 10:31:47 AM
Razor, that's quite a coincidence about your mom.

i go to Ybor (pronounced E-Bor) from time to time but you have to be careful. there is trouble on the perimeter so you do not venture far from the maddening crowd. for those not familiar, it has entertainment, lots of bars and eateries, a concert venue and a couple of dance clubs. it's in a relatively small area and not spread out for miles. it's called Ybor City but really it's something like 8 - 10 square blocks or something. it's a walkabout area.

one funny thing i remember:
we were approached by a female pan handler and everyone gave her money - except for me.
i can't do it. in my mind they use it for drugs and cigarettes.
 Seki1949
Msg: 1263
view profile
History
What do 50+ men want?
Posted: 3/19/2017 9:58:07 PM

we were approached by a female pan handler and everyone gave her money

I won't give them money. Just drugs.
 gtomustang
Msg: 1264
What do 50+ men want?
Posted: 3/20/2017 7:13:00 AM
we get panhandlers on the curb up here, and apparently the trick is to take the money you wish to give them and go to the local fast food joint and buy them something to eat with it. Unless they can trade a cold Big Mac in somewhere for a hit....
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 1265
What do 50+ men want?
Posted: 3/20/2017 7:29:08 AM
So, let me get this straight....rather than give them money you suspect they will use to put harmful chemicals in their body you would rather feed them crap "food" that is full of ....harmful chemicals ???????

Why not go to a grocery store and give them actual HEALTHY food ?
 cooldog65
Msg: 1266
view profile
History
What do 50+ men want?
Posted: 3/20/2017 7:35:41 AM
No homeless chicks for me!
 browneyesboo
Msg: 1267
What do 50+ men want?
Posted: 3/20/2017 8:42:04 AM
I saw someone on facebook filming himself buying a bunch of burgers from MCD's and
a case of Dr. Pepper and then handed them out to homeless people. I thought the same
thing as Mr. Butter. Why buy them crap like that?

Give them the money, or if you'd rather think they'll buy junk with it or you don't want
to feed their addiction (whatever it might be) then give them gift cards to a grocery
store?
 ohenryx
Msg: 1268
view profile
History
What do 50+ men want?
Posted: 3/20/2017 9:57:34 AM
There is no easy answer, no sure fire solution to this problem. There is a guy living on my block who is a helpless alcoholic. He is living in a house that did belong to his mother, now deceased. He has been in jail twice in recent years, that I know of, for shoplifting.

His sister comes by and gives him food. He then goes up and down the street, ringing doorbells, selling the food for half of what it cost his sister, so that he can buy booze.

He is a veteran, he goes to the VA for health related issues, they give him large bottles of the 12 hour non-opiod pain medicine (same thing as Aleve). He goes up and down the street trying to sell a bottle of 60 pills for $3 or $4. There’s not much you can do about people who have a problem of that magnitude. For the most part, I just refuse to help. Which might seem cold, but trying to not be an enabler is difficult.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 1269
What do 50+ men want?
Posted: 3/20/2017 9:58:14 AM
Homeless gals get morning after pills and the guys get medroxyprogesterone acetate in the form of candy.

No need for these folks to be reproducing
 Ouija2025
Msg: 1270
What do 50+ men want?
Posted: 3/20/2017 12:19:41 PM
Used to work in the Inner City and as a rule I enjoy talking to street people... some interesting Lives. I give change because I enjoy a good life ( plus I reckon it is insurance in cause there is an Afterlife) If close to a place that serves food I offer to grab them something ( most are banned from entering)
My Mother used to say there but for the grace of god go I, so I figure doesn't break the bank to give someone something to show that I hmm, " see" them.
 razors_edge55
Msg: 1271
view profile
History
What do 50+ men want?
Posted: 3/20/2017 1:54:13 PM
I agree Miss O ,,I don't see it much here ,,but when in Fla with my familly at the 7/11,,if they ask for a dollar I give Two ,,some may think as the other post ,,,but what if ?? what if that few dollars keeps them alive and a act of kindness gives them a reason to change ,,,I fell this way because
at 25 I went to Europe for a 3 week vacatition ,,but after seeing and being in Paris ,I stayed a year ,,after meeting a nice guy and good guitar player ,I sang songs in the metro ,I had worked on stage so the metro was easy ,,it was fun we made good money and only worked 2 to 3 hours a day ,,,so now I can't forget the kindness ,,,sure we gave them something ,agood tune and smiles on there way to work ,,but some are not so lucky ,,so I give ,cause at the end of the day a dollar or two is what ??? a lotto tic?
 Kay9876
Msg: 1272
view profile
History
What do 50+ men want?
Posted: 3/20/2017 2:23:51 PM

Msg. 1288: Why not go to a grocery store and give them actual HEALTHY food

Msg. 1291: For the most part, I just refuse to help. Which might seem cold, but trying to not be an enabler is difficult.?

Msg. 1294: what if that few dollars keeps them alive and a act of kindness gives them a reason to change … cause at the end of the day a dollar or two is what ??? a lotto tic?

In the back seat of my car, I keep a bag with a can or two of Campbell’s chunky vegetable beef soup (with a pop-top), as well as plastic spoons and napkins. Sometimes, I’ll add a granola bar. When asked for money, I offer the bag. Occasionally, it’s rejected, but I won’t replace it with cash.

For me, giving food rather than money isn’t about the cost to me. It’s about the cost of giving cash to a person who may have an addiction that is controlling his/her life.

We each bring our own experiences to the process, so many of us who won’t do “A,” might help others by doing “B.”
 swedishtextiles
Msg: 1273
What do 50+ men want?
Posted: 3/20/2017 2:55:16 PM

What do 50+ men want?

Msg. 1288: Why not go to a grocery store and give them actual HEALTHY food

Msg. 1291: For the most part, I just refuse to help. Which might seem cold, but trying to not be an enabler is difficult.?

Msg. 1294: what if that few dollars keeps them alive and a act of kindness gives them a reason to change … cause at the end of the day a dollar or two is what ??? a lotto tic?

In the back seat of my car, I keep a bag with a can or two of Campbell’s chunky vegetable beef soup (with a pop-top), as well as plastic spoons and napkins. Sometimes, I’ll add a granola bar. When asked for money, I offer the bag. Occasionally, it’s rejected, but I won’t replace it with cash.

For me, giving food rather than money isn’t about the cost to me. It’s about the cost of giving cash to a person who may have an addiction that is controlling his/her life.

We each bring our own experiences to the process, so many of us who won’t do “A,” might help others by doing “B.”

I find it interesting that 'what do 50 plus men want'---
has morphed into 'how to help the homeless, addicted, down and outs'----hmmmmm
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 1274
What do 50+ men want?
Posted: 3/20/2017 3:02:59 PM

That makes sense. When I first moved to Las Vegas, I gave money to beggars. There is one on just about every street corner. One time I gave this guy five dollars, who had a cardboard sign stating he was homeless and hungry. I then pulled into the convenience store right next door to the corner where he stood.

I went to the rear of the store to the cooler to pick out a cold 12 pack of soda. When I went up to the check-out line to pay for it, I noticed the same beggar was seated at one of the nickel slot machines in the front of the store, playing the money I had just given him.
 razors_edge55
Msg: 1275
view profile
History
What do 50+ men want?
Posted: 3/20/2017 3:26:08 PM
and you thought ,,,wow that dude is happy ,,,right ??,, and right men 50 ishh don't wish to talk about the homeless ,,,,,
I was happier to talk about the dixie chicks
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > What do 50+ men want?