Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Men need to learn courting skills for their own benefit      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 811
Men need to learn courting skills for their own benefitPage 34 of 37    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37)
Let me, ahem, re-frame this.

I have absolutely no problem at all paying for dates. How long though can be an issue for some men such as the OP. I gotta be honest and say that SOME women will continue to expect dinners before sex if that is how the courtship started. These women view sex as a commodity, and if they ain't gotta ring, they better be getting evenings out. SOME women :)

The 'who invites pays' is more of an OLD thing than anything else.

During the hundreds of conversations I've had online, only maybe 5 did the woman suggest meeting first.

Even then, I always insisted on paying. Maybe I'm old school?

I'll say this too. The few times I went all out, I usually got lucky so to speak.

Investing in romance usually pays off (i.e. quick sex). Would I have 'gotten lucky' if I didn't go 'all out'?

When all is said and done, I've had several short term experiences and only 1 LTR in 4 years of OLD. Admittedly, I also called off several of them.

Perhaps assuming that quick sex will result in a LTR is my dilemma?

So, how much do I budget for sex that will likely not become a LTR? Maybe do the Starbucks > Hike > Dinner route sober instead? Hahahahahahaha

YMMV
 2ufo
Msg: 812
Men need to learn courting skills for their own benefit
Posted: 4/2/2016 8:47:58 AM
lucy,

Edit it will work with some though the ones who are more Masculine or just plain misguided the male hormone tests have shown have grown in women since postfeminism so it's screwing up the natural order of things_:) and tests have shown the female honrmone in water which men are drinking_:)

A half-truth at best.

extract from: http://www.arhp.org/publications-and-resources/contraception-journal/august-2011

A literature review published in Environmental Science and Technology by researchers at the UCSF PRHE debunks the myth that birth control pills (and other estrogen-based hormonal contraceptives) are a major contributor to the presence of estrogenic compounds in waterways. The reviewers conclude that birth control pills contribute a negligible amount of synthetic estrogen to waterways, and EE2 is minimal or nonexistent in drinking water.8 The notion of unsuspecting Americans drinking water filled with birth control hormones may get headlines—but it does not accurately describe the state of the science.

The UCSF review cites several other sources of endocrine-disrupting compounds in our water, including synthetic estrogens in crop fertilizer (e.g., Atrazine), synthetic and natural estrogens from livestock, including dairy cows, which can be fed hormones to increase milk production, and an unknown number of industrial chemicals, like plastic additive bisphenol-A (BPA). Industrial chemicals may enter waterways either through chemical plant runoff or the disposal of products in landfills (Fig 1). Chemicals in pharmaceuticals such as anti-seizure medications and anti-depressants may also mimic estrogen.18 Furthermore, women using birth control are not the only ones flushing estrogen down the drain. Pregnant women excrete high levels of natural estrogens, and nearly everyone (both women and men) produce some amount of natural estrogens also released into wastewater.8

Either that or it's all the tofu.

As for cynicism, I like cynical men. they're true romantics at heart (how do you think they became cynical?).

Anyway, back to our regularly scheduled program...
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 813
Posted: 4/2/2016 8:50:11 AM

There is nothing wrong with your television. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are now in control of the transmission. We control the horizontal and the vertical. We can deluge you with a thousands channels, or expand one single image to crystal clarity and beyond. We can shape your vision to anything our imagination can conceive. For the next hour, we will control all that you see and hear.
 Maleman999
Msg: 814
Posted: 4/2/2016 9:26:14 AM
It's funny how the word Court is used to describe both the beginning and the end of a relationship.
Courting------Divorce Court
 2ufo
Msg: 815
Posted: 4/2/2016 2:36:56 PM
Didn't miss it at all.
Some of those men are the same kind of crazy as me.
And, some aren't.

The posters I distrust are the one who angrily spread lies, half-truths, and rumors. I don't particularly like posters who are insulting to other posters or whine and blame their troubles on anyone but themselves (no matter how 'real' or not) even though they are occasionally entertaining.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 816
Posted: 4/2/2016 5:10:15 PM
Where the hell is Lucy? Lucy!! Luuuuuceee!!!!! I HATE you people! She was entertaining me. Oh, Lucy :(
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 817
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2016 5:32:06 PM
LOL Calm down baby, she had to delete and hide, hubby expected home. LOL
 cassie2425
Msg: 818
Posted: 4/2/2016 5:34:35 PM
She said in one of the 5,000 posts in the last couple of days that she was self deleting as her husband was home. Sends like a healthy relationship.
 gtomustang
Msg: 819
Posted: 4/2/2016 5:51:36 PM
maybe they have separate beds, just like on the TV show.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 820
Posted: 4/2/2016 6:08:36 PM
^ I'll not have her name cheapened by your... bedroom talk!

Wait! Like Earnie and Bert? I'd like to remember her that way :)
 Onyx49
Msg: 821
Posted: 4/2/2016 6:20:47 PM
Courting is not a skill, it's more like a headache !!!
A smart man knows that all women want the same thing...a man and a meal.
If a woman wants sweet talk...she should find herself a stalker......
 purplerider1200
Msg: 822
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2016 6:50:33 PM
All this hoopla over a pushy, married woman that thinks we should all take her word as the gospel truth?

I don't think so.

How smart can one portray themselves, when she can't even use spellcheck?
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 823
Posted: 4/2/2016 6:54:54 PM
She may be a shrewd lass.

She's doing something right to keep her man happy when he comes home from work :)
 ndm147
Msg: 824
Posted: 4/2/2016 7:38:02 PM
Have nothing to say other than I was laughing over the comments people made.
 2ufo
Msg: 825
Posted: 4/3/2016 8:44:46 AM

I have a very happy life:) I have a happy marriage and run my own successful business and a good homelife

As we say in the South, 'how nice for you'.

Might as well have just said Lucy _:)

You're not that unique.
You're not the only one.

Onyx -

If a woman wants sweet talk...she should find herself a stalker......

No, we just talk to ourselves. Like this: "I have a very happy life.' LOL. Actually, some women have learned that men 'sweet talk' by touch.
I've never had any problems getting or giving sweet talk. I just have problems getting out the very Low Middle German and Old English words compromising bedroom talk.... it makes me stutter and blush red.
 gtomustang
Msg: 826
full court press
Posted: 4/3/2016 1:09:24 PM
hey whattababy, your wishes came true, loosey-goosey came back. Maybe you should make a wish come true for me, I want a bird, the large breasted swallow. meanwhile, have we decided that courting skills is a good thing? I thought "Courting" was a phrase from the days of knights and m'ladies, which typically were people of teen age, and thus all the dramatic sayings. I believe Tuney's Clutor said he had a good rate of return with courting, or was that another post?

speaking of other posts (oh no watch out, going off topic), I passed by an old classmate's house on the way home. according to the toys in the garage, if his single mother still lives there, so does he. at one point in time, we posted that was a big red flag, but as we get older and our parents get older, and TV shows have dads living with their bachelor sons (no doubt for comedic foil effect), is it more tolerable for children to be sharing space with elderly parents who might fall down and can't get up again? Or is it still something that happens only in Loserville, population them?
 kidreason29
Msg: 827
full court press
Posted: 4/3/2016 6:04:28 PM
Actually the OP is right, even if she has princess syndrome or not, it is still correct.

Generally, it is how it works. But of course not always.
 NJgirl116
Msg: 828
full court press
Posted: 4/3/2016 6:11:09 PM
^^^Yes, she is right, but because she has made it so obvious that she has a princess syndrome, the readers are less inclined to take her seriously/appreciate her input.

Everyone on this forum has their idée fixe though.

For some, the pet peeve is financial investment into dating. For some, women who choose to wait with intimacy. For some, women who ignore incoming messages without an explanation. For some, American/western women, because they're apparently spoiled and don't know their place. For some, women in general. The posters condition you to be annoyed with everything they say based on the fact that they talk about their idée fixe ad nauseam, even if sometimes they happen to make a valid point.
 NJgirl116
Msg: 829
full court press
Posted: 4/3/2016 7:40:20 PM
And mine, of course, it talking about bars.
 Pheonix55
Msg: 830
full court press
Posted: 4/3/2016 7:57:21 PM
Hi,

I used to be on this site, many years ago, when the forums where really jumping... So here it goes, so I put my profile up, I contact a woman, but she lives far, I just saw how she wrote her profile and it was so written that I wanted to mention it to her. We spoke back and forth between two days and I'm checking around the functions of the site, who contacted who, if you did or they did... well anyway... I was the last to email her, everything and I mean everything was good, no hitting on each other, polite talk, really nice... well, she's the only one that doesn't appear, like she left or something, what is that all about... confused...?
 xsPuRx
Msg: 831
full court press
Posted: 4/3/2016 11:33:53 PM
interesting.... I know my friend is like errand boy. he is always driving all over the place, and she is always wondering where he is... doing her errands lol. I honestly don't know how he does it. I would lose it. Anyway courting or not. You ask a favor is one thing. Ask for a mountain on a regular basis with no appreciation. Like you are miss entitled to everything..... You get a middle finger..... I wonder if this person's "Husband" actually exists.
 gtomustang
Msg: 832
full court press
Posted: 4/4/2016 10:02:12 AM
it is possible, phoenix, that your emailer disappeared. I had it happen, too. Either they did something, or they found someone in real life who demanded they drop out.

as for errand boys, they are getting something out of it. last summer I looked up an old classmate who still looked hot, she wanted to go out to the beach, cheap dinners, etc. it wasn't dating, but I went along with it b/c i'd normally be doing these things on my own, so it was nice to have a pretty face to look at (and she could pull off a two piece bikini, but I still looked her in the face, ha). so, maybe your friend is deluding himself that he's going to get more out of it, but if that's the case, then he's operating under false pretense, and if she's doing the same...then who's zipping who?

but it could just be, he's putting a little bit of effort into not being alone.
 Pheonix55
Msg: 833
full court press
Posted: 4/4/2016 6:59:07 PM
Hi, gtomustang

I figured the same thing, but it was nice while it lasted, very cool woman... it happens...

Nice to meet you... gtomustang

By the way, are there any moderators on this site anymore? I got this guy, who keeps jumping into my thread and disrupts everything... its really not bothering me, but its annoying... lol it's like having a little brother at your side, making faces...lol... the thread I created was basically to give my opinion on how I've experience things to a point, but it's basically turning into a dating question slash venting thread... but if helps people vent or learn from each others, that's good too...

I've managed to read some of this guys posts and well... you read them, judge for yourself... i'm out of this one, until I get a moderator to read him the rules... life's hard enough in the real world...lol
 Coma_White
Msg: 834
view profile
History
full court press
Posted: 4/5/2016 10:58:40 AM

By the way, are there any moderators on this site anymore? I got this guy, who keeps jumping into my thread and disrupts everything... its really not bothering me, but its annoying... lol it's like having a little brother at your side, making faces...lol... the thread I created was basically to give my opinion on how I've experience things to a point, but it's basically turning into a dating question slash venting thread... but if helps people vent or learn from each others, that's good too...

No, the forums are just trolls now. Anyone with common sense gets drowned up by herp and derp.
 BadResponseGuy
Msg: 835
Posted: 4/6/2016 11:50:05 AM
Let's be frank here.

1.) The majority of the time we are WAY too vain for this information to be valid. Anytime I see someone talk about how deep or different they are, it always raises a red flag. "I just want someone to talk to" is now the cover slogan for people who are actually not going to reply unless they think you're attractive.

2.) Stop expecting the male to make all the plans. There's a difference between appreciating chivalry and just being lazy. A good relationship is made of good team work.

3.) This is pretty age dependent but if half the person's profile photos are shirtless, scantily clad or provocative. Then you know what you're getting yourself into. I'm not knocking in any way shape or form people who do their best to stay in shape, it's a good thing. But abs aren't going to tell me what kind of movies you like, what food you prefer or what you do for hobbies. Let's be realistic.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Men need to learn courting skills for their own benefit