Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Just beginning to wonder      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Strawberry_Jello
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Just beginning to wonderPage 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I get offers from younger men. Often, regularly, persistent lil buggers. Some beg, some tell me I'm making a mistake to turn them down. So yes, I do not get men in my age bracket running after me, but the young ones, they keep trying.

OP, you're going about this all wrong. Age has changed the rules on you; men will not come running after old women like we did when you were in your teens and twenties.
 Qura
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Just beginning to wonder
Posted: 4/3/2015 9:57:46 AM
You can go on other sites for connecting with people from other countries and I'll bet you will find lots of men interested in you.

Here's the think: you are very vulnerable for exploitation. You can be viewed as "green card" material (a guy who wants to come to the US can hook up with an older woman, pretend to love her, they get married, he gets his green card then starts treating her like s*it, cheats, takes all her money, etc., etc.).

Think about what you really want--if it is just a sexual relationship with a man you find really attractive, that's ok. Be clear in your own mind first, and very explicit, keeping in mind that some guys may who just want something ( a green card, your money), will be very likely to stick around to win you--guys who "just want sex" (and there is nothing wrong with that) won't stick around. So, sticking around is no guarantee, in your case, that the guy really cares about you. That makes it harder unless you protect yourself--and your $$ (however little it seems to you may be attractive to someone else), and make it really clear you don't intend to be someone's sugar momma while they cheat on you behind your back.
 deetristate
Msg: 67
Just beginning to wonder
Posted: 4/8/2015 7:47:05 PM

Plus, Western value seem to rank low in their opinion. If they are characterless, they'll attempt nikah mutah just to have sex, verbally divorce her, and marry somebody permanently in their tribe (not that they'll remain loyal or anything).

I once saw a Middle Eastern man new to the states being "interviewed" because he was accused of sexual harassment. It was asked whether he dated the woman . He said, yes, they went on dates. They then asked whether they had sex. He said, "Ins't that what a date means in America?"

Looks like it means the same in England.
 pepperstrand
Msg: 68
Just beginning to wonder
Posted: 9/21/2015 8:27:49 AM
Too funny, love your response to her. I was surprised at her settings. I did not read them and well you gave her the 10-4 on reality, love it!
 MaleFeasance
Msg: 69
Just beginning to wonder
Posted: 9/21/2015 1:21:04 PM
Well, she's a 44 year old, occasional smoker, whose body type doesn't nearly fit the claim of average body type, living in london who is only interested in younger foreign men. Well, if that's what she really wants and she is realistic about the percentages of men who qualify, great. However, she goes on to say why she prefers foreign men, so apparently, what she wants is men with the qualities of some foreign men she has been involved with. In that case, she'd have a better chance of finding what she wanted by looking for those qualities instead of assuming something about how those qualities relate to foreign. The chances drop a lot when one uses criteria that don't necessarily reflect the qualities one associates with the criteria.
 spot4username
Msg: 70
Just beginning to wonder
Posted: 9/21/2015 2:12:54 PM

Well, she's a 44 year old

I have a bridge I would like to discuss with you. I believe you may want to purchase it. I also have some swampland that is priced to sell!

adventurejoe70
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Just beginning to wonder
Posted: 9/21/2015 2:38:09 PM
Wait is that the Brooklyn Bridge? Do I get a residential discount?
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 72
Just beginning to wonder
Posted: 9/21/2015 2:44:17 PM
Why would anyone want to buy a bridge when everyone can walk on water? Wait! Does it have a troll under it?
 coffeetogo127
Msg: 73
Just beginning to wonder
Posted: 9/21/2015 3:39:32 PM
Why does anyone care what age she is- she has posted photos. Snarky much?

OP you will have a hard time finding what/who you want, but so does everyone else. And the youngest most beautiful women also find out that some men only want sex. (It is true that some women only want sex, the difference is they really don't need to lie about it to get it usually)

We may all know what we want, but I have a feeling we could be surprised at who we are attracted to if meeting in a different manner.
 tequila157
Msg: 74
Just beginning to wonder
Posted: 9/22/2015 5:17:33 AM
No matter where you meet men, most are after sex. On or offline it will be the same issue. In my personal opinion, meeting men offline is the best way to go. If you expect to meet a credible guy off here, learn to have thick skin. FYI, even if a guy just wants sex, it's YOU who needs to stand out! If he feels you're worth more, he will budge.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Just beginning to wonder