Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Can our hobbies, as much as we enjoy them, limit our dating success?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 51
Can our hobbies, as much as we enjoy them, limit our dating success?Page 3 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
so when's the wedding?
 LadyEssKay
Msg: 52
Can our hobbies, as much as we enjoy them, limit our dating success?
Posted: 3/26/2015 6:29:09 PM
Although I would like to say that hobbies don't limit dating success, I think to some extent they do.

Notwithstanding the time spent on them, hobbies attract a type of personality. For instance, someone who loves music may gravitate towards karaoke, or go to concerts and music festivals. Others like certain kinds of sports. Although I love football and many other sports, I abhor UFC. I would probably have a bit of difficulty either participating, or encouraging someone who participated in it.

So although you can choose to participate in it separate from your partner, if the hobby is something they don't like, particularly if their moral or ethical compass doesn't condone it, then you are pretty much hooped with that person.
 kj521
Msg: 53
Posted: 3/26/2015 6:47:36 PM
Oh My Goodness You Two!

I can't take it! I just can't!

But....wait....I love it!

Alright! I'm really gonna be quiet this time....just gonna watch this love story just unfold!

But a happy ending,....please? I need a happy ending! :D
 tgif111
Msg: 54
Posted: 3/26/2015 6:55:39 PM

so when's the wedding?

several years after the honeymoon!

actually i'm not marriage material.

i'm all about that party!

that's why i'm going to Tampa/St. Pete
 clooneystutor
Msg: 55
Posted: 3/26/2015 7:08:37 PM
^^^
Lmao.

A 7 year honeymoon...

Chasing the dream:)
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 56
Posted: 3/26/2015 7:21:08 PM
tgif111...you are a serious heartbreaker!
 CTRLvector
Msg: 57
Posted: 3/26/2015 8:07:50 PM

that's why i'm going to Tampa/St. Pete

Ft.lauderdale - then the keys... skip Miami, its all hype.

Also as per hobbies - I have none, outside of writing... and I only limit it to POF... so, yeah, maybe - but nobody I know - can know what I know - outside of POF forum community.

Mainly because I am long winded, extreme in opinion, and above all else - an annoying read.
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 58
Posted: 3/26/2015 8:14:19 PM
Wait.........so no party for me to attend?
 clooneystutor
Msg: 59
Posted: 3/26/2015 8:16:29 PM
Toga Party with 1000 thread count sheets, right?
 Blackwood85
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2015 8:27:38 PM
I know my video game interests are supposedly a turn off to women but I went to a gaming two weeks ago and there were quite a few girls there who are gamers and otaku's so while they may limit, they may expand your dating circle attracting people who you may not have attracted before.
 Literate_Hiker
Msg: 61
Posted: 3/26/2015 8:37:11 PM

kj521: Oh My Goodness You Two! I can't take it! I just can't! But....wait....I love it!

Are you talking about tgif111 (Tom) and me?

Tom is wickedly funny! Unfortunately he's moving even FARTHER away from me. Sob. Sniff.

Tom, if you move to Washington State I'll dance the hula for you. At the airport, sprinklings rose petals in your path. Frantically searches mind for more enticements.
 tgif111
Msg: 62
Posted: 3/26/2015 11:56:41 PM
I have my TWA ticket in hand Mz. Hiker. i'm on my way to Wenatchee!!

you sprinkle the rose pedals and i'll sprinkle diamonds on each finger my darling.

can't wait to see you in a grass skirt wearing hiking boots!
 ThePig0fYourDreams
Msg: 63
Posted: 3/27/2015 1:13:21 AM
Wow, it's getting steamy in here.
 kj521
Msg: 64
Posted: 3/27/2015 3:11:17 AM
I was trying to be quiet.......I really was! But I just can't contain myself!

This romantic story just can't get any better.....there are rose petals....and hula skirts....AND sparkly diamonds!!!
When a Man Loves Woman is playing in my head right now......just say you will be waiting....Ms. Hiker!

Mr. Clooney with your pessimissom and Eric with your lack of faith....I hope this serves as an example that Love knows no boundaries or limits! Sigh!

Ms. Belle....there will be a ball for us to attend! How fun! And Gasp....so much to do!
I have to find something to wear....and there are invitations to print....and we have a name and theme for this ball!
Ok....I have to go and get started.....but y'all let me if I miss anything exciting while I am gone! :)
 Dee4166
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2015 4:08:25 AM
A hula skirt AND hiking boots?!?!?!?!

Tom!!!!

You cad!!!! You've got KINK!!!! LMAO

But it may be a good match in some ways.....and if there's a party in Fla......

Go Tom and LH!!!!! Woohooo!!!

But really, I ONLY want THEM to be HAPPY!!!!!! LOL

Pssst, start planning....I'll keep you filled in Kj..... ;-)
 clooneystutor
Msg: 66
Posted: 3/27/2015 5:50:10 AM
Tom...

I hope you don't break a sweat while repelling up to the top of that mountain in your blazer, with your diamonds and bottles of wine.

You're going to need a lot of stamina once you reach the top :)
 Literate_Hiker
Msg: 67
Posted: 3/27/2015 6:04:23 AM
This thread is getting funnier! You people are hilarious I woke up at 4:30 a.m. laughing about what Tom said:

"If you're a 400 pound masturbating slacker living in your mom's basement eating Cheetos all day making stalactites and you want to date Kate Upton that is your right!"

Here I sit, sucking down coffee, bleary eyed and laughing uproariously. I'm in a weakened state. Don't get any ideas, Tom. Hope you're not a hunter. "Silently, the hunter nears his prey..."

And Clooney, keep your orange tongue away from me. Finally I know something, after my stalactites vs. stalagmites debacle. So listen up. With rock climbing:

You CLIMB up, and rappel DOWN. Tom will break a major sweat in his French cuff shirts and blazer.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 68
Posted: 3/27/2015 6:32:59 AM

Ms. Belle....there will be a ball for us to attend! How fun! And Gasp....so much to do!

Hey Save me a stool by the bar. First round is on me.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 69
Posted: 3/27/2015 6:42:54 AM
Cripes I don't think the snow is melting fast enough for a lot of the folks in here. Is this what happens when you lose sufficient amounts of Vitamin D from lack of sunlight?
 clooneystutor
Msg: 70
Posted: 3/27/2015 6:48:52 AM
Learned Rappel vs Climb. Check :)

I'm sure Tom's horizontal climb at the top will be more enjoyable.
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 71
Posted: 3/27/2015 7:05:30 AM
Yep, KJ check, IG check, and of course I'll go to a party, and first round is already taken care of? Now to wait for these two to workout the details......I got second round
 tgif111
Msg: 72
Posted: 3/27/2015 8:06:57 AM
The Hiker and I are non traditionalists so we would have to plan something special.

rather than a marriage ceremony I think we'd prefer a commitment party at the top of Washington State's tallest mountain. it would be very symbolic because love is emotionally similar to being way up in the clouds high on a mountaintop. like love, a mountain is big, solid and overwhelming in it's beauty.

all the forum posters on here are invited as special guests and we will hike to the base and climb the mountain right along with sweet Kathleen and me. of course I will have my blue striped French cuff shirt with Hermes cufflinks and black blazer with the gold buttons and black dress slacks. for this occasion my ebony Septieme Largeur wingtips will substitute for hiking boots. Kathleen will be in her Sally Field flying nun hat, plaid shirt, daisy duke shorts and hiking boots.

my life partner Kathleen and I will state our promises and intentions for one another and I will bestow a flawless Princess cut 2 carat Tiffany diamond atop a Florentine setting on her left ring finger. on top of the mountain we will proclaim our love to the world. all of our forum friends will cheer and then we begin to dance and party to Motown songs

we then rappel down, jump into a cadre of limos and finish the party in downtown Seattle atop the Space Needle.
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 73
Posted: 3/27/2015 8:34:56 AM
Sounds like a plan, not we're gonna smell ok after all the hiking, but ok
 tgif111
Msg: 74
Posted: 3/27/2015 8:50:05 AM
why Belle you of all people should know that some of our most memorable times are when we are wet with sweat!
 Maleman999
Msg: 75
Posted: 3/27/2015 9:04:56 AM
Is there a really old guy with a long white beard who lives at the top of the mountain, and when you reach the top, tells you what the meaning of life is?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Can our hobbies, as much as we enjoy them, limit our dating success?