Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > ADHD, Dyslexia and PTSD How to Deal with Someone Like This When Datin      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 126
view profile
History
ADHD, Dyslexia and PTSD How to Deal with Someone Like This When Dating?Page 6 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)

Not sure if Im understanding you right Joe but we got the rats too, they've always been there but we now have a force that struggles to do the job. Nothing to do with 11/11 more to do with the PC gang and a system that was brought in to protect people which got abused. Though the government are making big changes, people remain frozen in fear. Its just you have the added difficulty of the PTSD, and no way to put in support. Was thinking last night, but a lot of help we can apply for via funding is done through lottery grants.

I meant Rat as in: A snitch. A person who has ""tattled" on another person. It is one thing to snitch on corruption and another thing to snitch because you have a grudge or want a better assignment. What had happened is right after the 9/11 , thousands were depressed and had various disorders of the mind lets say. At 1st the medical boards were giving out pensions..like 1st 2 times only. Then they stopped.

In the dept you get 75% tax free if it is line of duty(LOD), which take home is above 100% what we are making. Only 1/3-1/2 if non lod. They love getting rid of people non lod but don't want to get rid of people and pay the 75% lod. Also since the gov't is /was in denial of the negative effects they basically decided that mental sickness CAN'T be because of the job. Now medical most professionals say that is BS but the dept/gov't doctors deny it. There was a report that most 1st respondents suffered mentally and there was no way the city could afford to lose half their cops due to being 'nuts'..so they just ignored it.

But they did everything in their power to get rid of cops from non lod which gets paid from the pension fund not general budget. So for the last 15 yrs basically anytime a cop needs psyche help they try to pension him off. It could be from anything. A guy depressed from a severe divorce can get de guned and put in a viper unit. If one cop dislikes another cop they might rat him out to the bosses saying that he said 'he is stressed out, depressed, scared, etc'. It could be for any little normal thing. The American with disabilities act doesn't protect cops believe it or not. If a cop goes on some medication for mental disorder and they find out they will pension him off...so here you got a distrustful environment where the streets are loaded with medicated cops that are hiding it out of fear or worst many aren't getting help.

Oh and if they can get rid of you without any pension they will, saves them money and having a disability record on file. . We have random drug tests. I went my whole career without one and then coincidentally I get tested in my last week??? Why would they even care if I am on drugs if I am leaving? They do it to SAVE money and keep their statistics in order. Unfortunately for them I didn't have to pee in the cup at the time and it took me 7 hours to go.....that greediness and inhumanity on their part is costing them A LOT over the next 40 years since it was pensionable ;)
 CharminC
Msg: 127
ADHD, Dyslexia and PTSD How to Deal with Someone Like This When Dating?
Posted: 4/4/2015 9:41:31 AM
From what I'm gathering, it boils down to survival of the fittest whether you are in military, a cop or a doctor because the weak don't get the help they should. Am I correct?
Sounds like quite the mindfuk on top of it all to know that you must survive because you know you'll suffer in more ways than one if you don't. Sheesh!
But that said, it does make sense that only the strong should come through because then those are the ones that can do the job.
It makes one realize just how much credit they truly deserve for sticking through it all year after year while not discounting those who don't. All of these occupations have been around forever and where is the support?
Amazing that it's 2015 and it's shoved under a rug. There's denial. Unreal!
There is a local man walking across Canada to raise awareness towards ptsd. He was in the Persian Gulf. That was quite a while ago and he is STILL struggling. He claims he gets the most support online... just talking with people who have also suffered as well. Not the gov't or the med community. Online.

Joe... the gov't is the gov't no matter where you go. They all greedy. They rob Peter, Paul AND Mary to line their pockets.

(disclaimer;.... yes, I know that Peter, Paul and Mary are a singing group :P )
 CharminC
Msg: 128
Posted: 4/4/2015 10:26:51 AM
[Charm, I had no idea. I apologise.]

No need to, bygones are bygones however... no offense...... it was a good laugh ;P

However, for what its worth, whilst I would expect people to help a blind or deaf person, I think the same consideration goes for any disability and ptsd is one.

Alright, I'll bite.
*slurps coffee*
Remember when Walts chimed in that people have their own battles but don't share it?
What if I told you I too have suffered my own brand of ptsd?
In my lifetime, I have been kidnapped, date raped, almost killed more than once, almost lost a child, lost both parents , grandparents (two in my arms), gun aimed at me, cornered by a gang of burly drunk men right before cops showed up (whew!), dealt with mental, verbal abuse, blood, tears and gore and so on and so on and... so on. I should write a book lol.
No...l'm not making it up. But do I directly swear and threaten people????

I understand why you like Vector, but if you allow that foul mouth of his, I can only imagine what you allow in your own RL.
At least, I hope you don't. Think on that for a bit.

And... I'm done
off to play with my lighter :)
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 129
Posted: 4/4/2015 12:49:22 PM
^ I was scratching my head at this, and just about to dismiss it as the poor lady having come undone. And then it occurred to me: I think this might be a good old fashioned misunderstanding due to cultural differences in communication norms. I dated a British bloke once... Well, that's a story for another time ;)
 Fire_and_Ice4_You
Msg: 130
Posted: 4/4/2015 1:42:23 PM
I'm sorry, I agree that the young man had no right to call people names and go off the way he did.
Yes....He has been allowed leeway because of his "supposed" condition. I pretty much ignored most of his rants.
Just because he has been polite to one and not the other...has no bearing on this issue.
He is no better than anyone else on here....imo.
Try to communicate rather nicely or get off here.
I didn't see anyone defending "Curious" when she was on her tangent...Some people need a reality check and a break.
Whether he self deleted or got reported..Idk.
Btw....No one has asked me....what conditions I have or what I have been through...pfft.
 norwegianguy123
Msg: 131
Posted: 4/4/2015 2:43:53 PM

if it was along these lines then you are only doing what he is

Vick, you should stop fighting for the sake of fighting. You've got some issues there. Charm isn't going off like Vector who has some serious mental/emotional issues. Sure, many of his posts were just fine and many insightful, but he had a lot of over-the-top p!ssed off attitude sometimes. Just because it wasn't at you (or some others) doesn't mean it wasn't there. Chill out...

Im angry now

NOW? lol That was Many posts ago in this thread...

and I dont have any diagnosis

Well, you may want to double check on that ;)

I shall now remove myself AGAIN!!!

No you won't. You'll post here again, with a reason why to. :) I'd apply the same thing one would say to Vector. Chill out before you post. Take a chill pill. Have some personal "happy time" -- then post. :)
 Walts
Msg: 132
Posted: 4/4/2015 4:04:11 PM
For shiats and giggles, and just to see if more than one can play this game.

Fighting for better understanding of mental health may be fighting for the sake of it to YOU

Honestly, do you actually believe this is what you are doing in these posts? I mean, go back and read, and tell me if you actually think you are being very "successful" in attaining your goal. You do know what you're goal is don't you?

To me it means more

What does this "fight" actually mean to you? Go ahead and try to communicate it to us. I'm no dummy here, and after reading, and rereading your comments, I don't have a clue what you are trying to do, other than, as suggested, you are fighting for the sake of fighting.

No, she is baiting and bullying. Snidy little comments designed to invoke a response that others arent necessarily aware of just the person she is aiming it at. Charm has self diagnosed issues and a disability you relate to so will support. Mental health issues arent generally accepted so you wont accept or support them. A disability is a disability and ALL disabilities should be given the support that is needed, not just the ones YOU agree with.

Reread everything of yours I just quoted and see if you can see who is dismissing who. And who is to blame about your lack of "awareness"? I suggest it is you that is blinded by your this "fight" you have going on in your head. You do it with more than one topic, just so you are NOW "aware". And some of us here, know and live with "mental health issues" WITHOUT the labels that you are using today but, again, you are too caught up in your little world, to see, as was Mr.Vector. In fact you are starting morph into the man, minus the swearing but, with the touch of arrogance which doesn't mix well with the ignorance.

I tried that but sadly it got spoilt by Charm and her little comments that you see no harm in.

Only you, seem unable to see the humour. I suggest blinded by the fire? Some here WERE laughing, but, in the last couple posts, we are not anymore.

Also you could get off your White Horse and open your mind a little to something that your clearly not capable of doing

Something you should learn to grasp before suggesting to others I believe. I don't think that right now, you would be able to see the trees because of the forest because you are so "caught up" in your little battle. Remember, some of us gave subtle suggestions to Mr.Vector just as some of us are suggesting again, here. Are you unable to see that?

A man, or a boy, or a teen or a woman trying to manage two is clearly mad? has anger issues? has mental health issues? well, nope, didnt start with them. still dont have them. Only got them after constantly watching a select few getting help.

I suggest it's time for you to go find a little bit of support for yourself. This is not tongue in cheek or a jab, just an observation. Your fight should not be with us here on this dating site, if for any reason your communication skills are lacking when your emotion is involved. (remember how many times Vector "repeated"???????) It's obvious, that we, here, are not professional, educated or open minded to get you back on the path that your children will require.

Now, I do believe it's time to start the sippin.
 midnite_icecream
Msg: 133
Posted: 4/4/2015 4:31:43 PM
It appears I have been referenced. He got spoken to exactly how he was speaking to others and I make no apologies for it. I'm no better than him, he's no better than me. Extends to the rest of us however we choose to express ourselves - posts on pg 6 go to prove my point...

No, she is baiting and bullying. Snidy little comments designed to invoke a response

Hang on a moment. This after your own two comments in msg 126...

Oh, that old story again.

How compassionate of you. Do you also throw books at blind people and demand they read?

God's honest truth...You fit the exact same accusation you level at somebody else.
If that's not enough proof whatsmababy...

Getting it from the witches (better known as the perfect people) is a joke. Im currently having to fight against the school and local communities to ensure the money allocated for both my children is used for both my children and not the (I want to use lots of swear words) *****'s children

I could be wrong due to the faulty filters about the "*****". Not sure what word was used there.
@ Vicki..You're defending so vigourously & going on the offensive, including saying uncalled for things, cos you're mad at what happened. Your vested interest is obscuring your judgement.

Nope, it only happens when certain people make FALSE implications towards me then get supported by those too stupid to realise it.

Are you channelling Vector now. You sure sound like him.
I sort of question how drug-affected posting is now supposed to be tolerated as well now, like how drunken phone calling is reasonable? :/
He has defended himself aplenty. Fighting his position & his justifications to the nth degree. Not limited to this thread.
Why is personal responsibility & choice ignored here. One would think he had lost all his faculties while bashing away uncontrollably at the keyboard. I find this hard to believe. Again, supporters help perpetuate the problem. Just seems that people are babying him. On that note..
Nobody here signed up to be babysitters or therapists or to walk around on eggshells.
Echoing somebody else, if this were anybody else, I suspect their butt would be kicked from here to Timbuktu in little to no time.
That said, I don't mean to minimize PTSD, if that's how it seemed. No disrespect was intended in that sense.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 134
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2015 4:45:43 PM
1925 hours{ Caveman pokes head in to see if any hard objects are flying around that could harm . Caveman}

1930 hours {. Caveman walks in and loudly beats his chest}

1935 hours{ Caveman waves at Vicki, Caveman waves at Charm , Caveman takes a hockey stick and pounds it on Norwegianguy's head( just for fun ;))}

1940 {Caveman speaks}

Hey guys can't we all get along?!!! (caveman waits to see if anything sharp comes flying at him}

Hey guys lets respect that disabled people need help but can't always play the victim either. As for Vector, tbh I am not sure he is gone for good( Yeah I guess I should have said something sooner LOL). He is moving and told me he wouldn't be online much until he got settled in.
It is possible he just deleted his account for now....maybe for attention?;) or that his account was deleted because they did an IP test. I think that might have happened to me once before. Or it is possible many complained (that happened to me also lol) but since they don't moderate anymore I don't think it is the latter.

In any case I am sure he will rejoin us as soon as he can. And for those who don't know (Cowboy are you reading?) it isn't hard to get out of their IP ban. Most people have dynamic IP addresses and if you reboot the modem it can give you another address and then you just delete your cookies and spyware and you can make a new profile. But if that doesn't work go to a proxy site and then make your new profile in addition to the early steps mentioned.

So lets all be friends again and go back to talking about sex or whiny op's, or something like that:)
 Ouija2025
Msg: 135
Posted: 4/4/2015 4:59:04 PM
Funny how much this thread is showing people's true selves.
He did get away with what others would have been hammered for - I wonder if he was an 60 year old would he have gotten the same ?
Sometimes it is just prudent to sit back and count to 10. Or 20
Joe - cavemen didn't have baseball bats silly
But they had those giant Jurassic Park bats
Now all I can think of is Mel's movie
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 136
Posted: 4/4/2015 5:07:09 PM
I'm being good, right Ouija? :)
 Ouija2025
Msg: 137
Posted: 4/4/2015 5:19:41 PM
Solid gold LOL. I mean the guy is gone and he has page after page.. and some ppl are acting like we are in Thunderdome.
I would totally win there, I would cheat :/
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 138
Posted: 4/4/2015 5:35:20 PM

So lets all be friends again and go back to talking about sex or whiny op's, or something like that:)

Well said dude, you and the Walt made the most sense.

Let's drink. My gf is out of town visiting her sister, so while I usually am too busy to post on weekends I am doing so right now. Well, not for long. Going to grille a mahi-mahi, zukini and a goat cheese salad with mandarin juice and goat cheese. And drink wine.
 CharminC
Msg: 139
Posted: 4/4/2015 5:45:31 PM
Oh Vicki sweetie. I'm not catty. I'm sarcastic

I'M SARCASTIC AS HELL !!!!! LOL ;p

If you want bully. I can give bully but I know you wouldn't be able to handle my bullying so I wouldn't dream of doing that to you. I mean that sincerely.
You took some potshots at me and I could have torn you apart for it but I didn't. Instead you gave me a perfect inning for a delicious joke. My apologies but you kinda did it to yourself. But hey, you gotta laugh! If you can';t.. what can you eh? That's why everyone is telling you to chill.

Now... Please read this carefully.... this is NOT about YOUR fight. This is about Vector and his foul mouth towards members. That's it. You admitted to not seeing my original post. I suggest you go back and read. Perhaps read the whole thread. Slowly.
I do hope you get it ... it is soley about Vectors behaviour. It is NOT about his behaviour to YOU. Not at all.
Again, it is solely about his foul mouth. NO EXCUSES!!!!

If you wish to fight about awareness towards mental health. Start a thread.
You willl have my full support in it :)
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 140
Posted: 4/4/2015 6:28:18 PM

Oh Vicki sweetie. I'm not catty. I'm sarcastic

You grew back arms? As per your photos. How is that possible? Maybe a nobel prize is in the works?
 midnite_icecream
Msg: 141
Posted: 4/4/2015 8:51:17 PM
Fair enough. Points noted. Probably jumped the gun.
OP isn't here anymore but sorry your thread got so messed up if you're reading!

:)
 clooneystutor
Msg: 142
Posted: 4/4/2015 9:39:03 PM
Sending a bottle of wine and some reefer to Wickford.... :)
 midnite_icecream
Msg: 143
Posted: 4/5/2015 1:22:23 AM
@Vicki.. Thanks for the clarification. Your experience reminded me one time of a mother & grandmother who did nothing when the young son started with racial slurs. No admonishment, nada (well, different, yet the same). Headshaker.
I didn't think msg 58 was out of line TBH. Your & Charmin's differing styles of handling this doesn't automatically negate what she said TBH. While I empathize regarding your kids & I'm clearer where you're coming from.. I have to defer to another comment that it doesn't help a person's pre-existing conditions if being here is adding to their burdens.
This is a hazardous place to be conducting research. Stick around long enough and some of us might end up getting PTSD ourselves..lmao.
JMO
 Hearton64
Msg: 144
Posted: 4/5/2015 1:37:21 AM

As for Vector, tbh I am not sure he is gone for good( Yeah I guess I should have said something sooner LOL). He is moving and told me he wouldn't be online much until he got settled in. It is possible he just deleted his account for now....maybe for attention?;) or that his account was deleted because they did an IP test. I think that might have happened to me once before. Or it is possible many complained (that happened to me also lol) but since they don't moderate anymore I don't think it is the latter.

Since you were in touch with him why didn't
you just ask if he deleted his own profile or got voted off?
I might have made a difference to know that.

And they may not moderate but it's very possible
the women he insulted did vote him off.

It's happened recently to aradia and curious.

As for moving on?

Someone needs to start a new more interesting thread!
 Hearton64
Msg: 145
Posted: 4/5/2015 1:40:06 AM
Clooney....
Vicki is about as pro pot as TGIF is an Obama lover!

Send it my way. :)

You know for my aching boobs!
 Dee4166
Msg: 146
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2015 3:12:39 AM
What I find interesting about this whole CV thing, is that I have seen people on here who have said and acted the EXACT SAME WAY, or WORSE and who continued being here for JUST as long.....

How about Mr. Wonderful...Blackpool? Or Batpool? Or what WERE some of those other incarnations..? Yeah he was talking about all women being nothing but 'cum dumpsters' etc.
Or how about the charming Thompson1919???
Blueman? Awesomefiftyman? Etc....

There are PLENTY of sick people on here that I ignore ALL of the time once just how sick they ARE, (and some are just plain nasty, too,) is made crystal clear....
That, as far as I know, aside from reporting them to admin, IS the only way to deal with them....

As much as I have disagreed with or may have thought that someone was a complete idiot for what they posted, calling someone names only demonstrates how childish and immature that you, yourself are....
Anyone with sound mental health is well aware when they are out of control, even if only in their thoughts, and will give themselves a 'time-out' to regroup...
Key phrase there..."sound mental health".

Then there are those that DON'T but just react and throw up their bile all over these forums....and will continue to do so until they get a reaction.

Should we all be self-aware and able to police ourselves and our own behaviour as adults?

Yes, we SHOULD....Unfortunately MANY, don't....for a wide variety of reasons.

I stated what I thought the reasons were for CV, because it came up but again, haven't condoned the behaviour and was going to jump in at one point and say something when he threatened physical violence on one thread that I saw, but someone else did so before I could, so I let it go....He, I believe, got the point, and disappeared from the thread shortly thereafter...

As I said before, I ignored a lot of what he said, if I skimmed it and saw that he was on a 'rant', but as far as coming down on a new poster, well, I've seen lots of people do that in equally unkind ways...even going so far as calling them 'stupid', 'idiotic', etc. because they came and asked a question that would appear to be obvious to most people...

I have had my less patient and more caustic moments as well....

Any way, whether it's because he's moving or he got deleted or whatever, hopefully if he is reading any of this it may give him some things to think about...I maintain that I believe him to be highly intelligent and he seems to be pretty knowledgeable about his issues, but there's NO question that he needs to learn some impulse control, stay away from mixing his illegal with his legal drugs and that he really should take some time before posting when he's 'gone'....not to mention learning the value of civilized social intercourse....

Any way, there are enough sane people and 'cooler heads' around, that eventually somebody will either say something, drop a word to admin, or else the person realizes that they aren't getting the reaction they seek and just stop...no need for any 'witch hunts'.....

(Yeah I said "intercourse"...lol)
 PenelopeLeChat
Msg: 147
Posted: 4/5/2015 8:48:43 AM
pank
Unless it was CTRL vector. Then you will not only tolerate it but invent a lot of excuses for it. Meanwhile, even a the slightest whiff of a sarcastic remark from anyone else is enough to set off at least half a page of your displeasure. Interesting.

Shall we assume another match made in Heaven on POF or is it Hell?

I see. Everyone else was doing it wrong!

I guess I was one of the ones that did it wrong.... I guess that puts me in the "Wrong Camp" this time. ;)

Happy Easter Everyone!

Le Pew
 norwegianguy123
Msg: 148
Posted: 4/5/2015 9:07:50 PM

I tried that but sadly it got spoilt by Charm and her little comments that you see no harm in.

You posted your "last" message which I rightfully predicted Wouldn't be your last due to your overblown attitude... and Charm didn't add any comments in-between. Plus, that wouldn't be a good excuse anyway. You just couldn't help yourself, and there's No way you could have followed through on it for even 24 hours (let alone 12). You need a chill pill, lady!

Also you could get off your White Horse

Thanks.... it Is the size of a horse (polishing my knuckles)... and yeah, I guess it's white. Why make a racial thing out of it? ;)

and open your mind a little to something that your clearly not capable of doing

Yes, I'm clearly not capable of having an open mind. Yep. Absolutely right. You're so calm, cool & collected with an open mind. LOL.

Nope, it only happens when certain people make FALSE implications towards me then get supported by those too stupid to realise it.

EXACTLY. Everyone is so stupid here -- you're the intelligent one.... the one who sees things clearly and narrow mindedly. Everyone else is just stupid and close-minded! Yeah, that's it! OMG, you made me realize now. Hey everyone! Vicki made me see the light! ;)

Charm isnt the only person in the world who struggles and deserves such support. But because she fits your perception of someone who needs support she gets it, right????

No -- you're just shooting yourself in the foot non-stop and should have stuck to your own advice, and not kept going on a tirade. If you had a 1/10th of the conviction you have in your tirade toward your own advice of stepping aside and dropping it, it would have helped you out a lot. Instead, you're going maniacal. Tsk tsk. Chill out. Eat a bagel or something! Stubbornness is not a virtue; it's a terrible weakness.

1935 hours{ Caveman waves at Vicki, Caveman waves at Charm , Caveman takes a hockey stick and pounds it on Norwegianguy's head( just for fun ;))}

Norwegianguy gets a gay caveman to put on a goalie's mask and have his way with Caveman. Caveman pounds chest, while pounding other caveman. lol

(Yeah I said "intercourse"...lol)

Skimming through your post I caught this part. Last time I wasn't paying enough attention to a gal and she ended what she was saying with "Yeah, I said 'intercourse'...", I shot myself in the foot by saying "Great, when can we?".

Although "learning the value of civilized social intercourse" -- sounds like learning the ropes of a standardized orgy, but hey, that's just me!
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 149
Posted: 4/5/2015 9:50:38 PM
^ NG made a funny. And he might be about to come out of the closet. NG, this is a safe place! :S
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 150
Posted: 4/6/2015 7:17:59 AM

where I was ganged up on again because I didnt like bruises when I have sex. Apparently that translates as being passionless, uptight, judgement and all sorts of other things. Ill look forward to the justifications and excuses that will no doubt follow but I know what I know.

Vicky, Vicky, Vicky.... Couldn't let it go? I don't think you really read anything to understand the content of what others are saying, but to simply formulate your rebuttal with absolutely no understanding of the point others were trying to make.

In that argument you had to take it to extremes and them apply labels.

Oh well.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > ADHD, Dyslexia and PTSD How to Deal with Someone Like This When Dating?