Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > ADHD, Dyslexia and PTSD How to Deal with Someone Like This When Datin      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CharminC
Msg: 139
ADHD, Dyslexia and PTSD How to Deal with Someone Like This When Dating?Page 7 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
Oh Vicki sweetie. I'm not catty. I'm sarcastic

I'M SARCASTIC AS HELL !!!!! LOL ;p

If you want bully. I can give bully but I know you wouldn't be able to handle my bullying so I wouldn't dream of doing that to you. I mean that sincerely.
You took some potshots at me and I could have torn you apart for it but I didn't. Instead you gave me a perfect inning for a delicious joke. My apologies but you kinda did it to yourself. But hey, you gotta laugh! If you can';t.. what can you eh? That's why everyone is telling you to chill.

Now... Please read this carefully.... this is NOT about YOUR fight. This is about Vector and his foul mouth towards members. That's it. You admitted to not seeing my original post. I suggest you go back and read. Perhaps read the whole thread. Slowly.
I do hope you get it ... it is soley about Vectors behaviour. It is NOT about his behaviour to YOU. Not at all.
Again, it is solely about his foul mouth. NO EXCUSES!!!!

If you wish to fight about awareness towards mental health. Start a thread.
You willl have my full support in it :)
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 140
ADHD, Dyslexia and PTSD How to Deal with Someone Like This When Dating?
Posted: 4/4/2015 6:28:18 PM

Oh Vicki sweetie. I'm not catty. I'm sarcastic

You grew back arms? As per your photos. How is that possible? Maybe a nobel prize is in the works?
 midnite_icecream
Msg: 141
Posted: 4/4/2015 8:51:17 PM
Fair enough. Points noted. Probably jumped the gun.
OP isn't here anymore but sorry your thread got so messed up if you're reading!

:)
 clooneystutor
Msg: 142
Posted: 4/4/2015 9:39:03 PM
Sending a bottle of wine and some reefer to Wickford.... :)
 midnite_icecream
Msg: 143
Posted: 4/5/2015 1:22:23 AM
@Vicki.. Thanks for the clarification. Your experience reminded me one time of a mother & grandmother who did nothing when the young son started with racial slurs. No admonishment, nada (well, different, yet the same). Headshaker.
I didn't think msg 58 was out of line TBH. Your & Charmin's differing styles of handling this doesn't automatically negate what she said TBH. While I empathize regarding your kids & I'm clearer where you're coming from.. I have to defer to another comment that it doesn't help a person's pre-existing conditions if being here is adding to their burdens.
This is a hazardous place to be conducting research. Stick around long enough and some of us might end up getting PTSD ourselves..lmao.
JMO
 Hearton64
Msg: 144
Posted: 4/5/2015 1:37:21 AM

As for Vector, tbh I am not sure he is gone for good( Yeah I guess I should have said something sooner LOL). He is moving and told me he wouldn't be online much until he got settled in. It is possible he just deleted his account for now....maybe for attention?;) or that his account was deleted because they did an IP test. I think that might have happened to me once before. Or it is possible many complained (that happened to me also lol) but since they don't moderate anymore I don't think it is the latter.

Since you were in touch with him why didn't
you just ask if he deleted his own profile or got voted off?
I might have made a difference to know that.

And they may not moderate but it's very possible
the women he insulted did vote him off.

It's happened recently to aradia and curious.

As for moving on?

Someone needs to start a new more interesting thread!
 Hearton64
Msg: 145
Posted: 4/5/2015 1:40:06 AM
Clooney....
Vicki is about as pro pot as TGIF is an Obama lover!

Send it my way. :)

You know for my aching boobs!
 Dee4166
Msg: 146
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2015 3:12:39 AM
What I find interesting about this whole CV thing, is that I have seen people on here who have said and acted the EXACT SAME WAY, or WORSE and who continued being here for JUST as long.....

How about Mr. Wonderful...Blackpool? Or Batpool? Or what WERE some of those other incarnations..? Yeah he was talking about all women being nothing but 'cum dumpsters' etc.
Or how about the charming Thompson1919???
Blueman? Awesomefiftyman? Etc....

There are PLENTY of sick people on here that I ignore ALL of the time once just how sick they ARE, (and some are just plain nasty, too,) is made crystal clear....
That, as far as I know, aside from reporting them to admin, IS the only way to deal with them....

As much as I have disagreed with or may have thought that someone was a complete idiot for what they posted, calling someone names only demonstrates how childish and immature that you, yourself are....
Anyone with sound mental health is well aware when they are out of control, even if only in their thoughts, and will give themselves a 'time-out' to regroup...
Key phrase there..."sound mental health".

Then there are those that DON'T but just react and throw up their bile all over these forums....and will continue to do so until they get a reaction.

Should we all be self-aware and able to police ourselves and our own behaviour as adults?

Yes, we SHOULD....Unfortunately MANY, don't....for a wide variety of reasons.

I stated what I thought the reasons were for CV, because it came up but again, haven't condoned the behaviour and was going to jump in at one point and say something when he threatened physical violence on one thread that I saw, but someone else did so before I could, so I let it go....He, I believe, got the point, and disappeared from the thread shortly thereafter...

As I said before, I ignored a lot of what he said, if I skimmed it and saw that he was on a 'rant', but as far as coming down on a new poster, well, I've seen lots of people do that in equally unkind ways...even going so far as calling them 'stupid', 'idiotic', etc. because they came and asked a question that would appear to be obvious to most people...

I have had my less patient and more caustic moments as well....

Any way, whether it's because he's moving or he got deleted or whatever, hopefully if he is reading any of this it may give him some things to think about...I maintain that I believe him to be highly intelligent and he seems to be pretty knowledgeable about his issues, but there's NO question that he needs to learn some impulse control, stay away from mixing his illegal with his legal drugs and that he really should take some time before posting when he's 'gone'....not to mention learning the value of civilized social intercourse....

Any way, there are enough sane people and 'cooler heads' around, that eventually somebody will either say something, drop a word to admin, or else the person realizes that they aren't getting the reaction they seek and just stop...no need for any 'witch hunts'.....

(Yeah I said "intercourse"...lol)
 PenelopeLeChat
Msg: 147
Posted: 4/5/2015 8:48:43 AM
pank
Unless it was CTRL vector. Then you will not only tolerate it but invent a lot of excuses for it. Meanwhile, even a the slightest whiff of a sarcastic remark from anyone else is enough to set off at least half a page of your displeasure. Interesting.

Shall we assume another match made in Heaven on POF or is it Hell?

I see. Everyone else was doing it wrong!

I guess I was one of the ones that did it wrong.... I guess that puts me in the "Wrong Camp" this time. ;)

Happy Easter Everyone!

Le Pew
 norwegianguy123
Msg: 148
Posted: 4/5/2015 9:07:50 PM

I tried that but sadly it got spoilt by Charm and her little comments that you see no harm in.

You posted your "last" message which I rightfully predicted Wouldn't be your last due to your overblown attitude... and Charm didn't add any comments in-between. Plus, that wouldn't be a good excuse anyway. You just couldn't help yourself, and there's No way you could have followed through on it for even 24 hours (let alone 12). You need a chill pill, lady!

Also you could get off your White Horse

Thanks.... it Is the size of a horse (polishing my knuckles)... and yeah, I guess it's white. Why make a racial thing out of it? ;)

and open your mind a little to something that your clearly not capable of doing

Yes, I'm clearly not capable of having an open mind. Yep. Absolutely right. You're so calm, cool & collected with an open mind. LOL.

Nope, it only happens when certain people make FALSE implications towards me then get supported by those too stupid to realise it.

EXACTLY. Everyone is so stupid here -- you're the intelligent one.... the one who sees things clearly and narrow mindedly. Everyone else is just stupid and close-minded! Yeah, that's it! OMG, you made me realize now. Hey everyone! Vicki made me see the light! ;)

Charm isnt the only person in the world who struggles and deserves such support. But because she fits your perception of someone who needs support she gets it, right????

No -- you're just shooting yourself in the foot non-stop and should have stuck to your own advice, and not kept going on a tirade. If you had a 1/10th of the conviction you have in your tirade toward your own advice of stepping aside and dropping it, it would have helped you out a lot. Instead, you're going maniacal. Tsk tsk. Chill out. Eat a bagel or something! Stubbornness is not a virtue; it's a terrible weakness.

1935 hours{ Caveman waves at Vicki, Caveman waves at Charm , Caveman takes a hockey stick and pounds it on Norwegianguy's head( just for fun ;))}

Norwegianguy gets a gay caveman to put on a goalie's mask and have his way with Caveman. Caveman pounds chest, while pounding other caveman. lol

(Yeah I said "intercourse"...lol)

Skimming through your post I caught this part. Last time I wasn't paying enough attention to a gal and she ended what she was saying with "Yeah, I said 'intercourse'...", I shot myself in the foot by saying "Great, when can we?".

Although "learning the value of civilized social intercourse" -- sounds like learning the ropes of a standardized orgy, but hey, that's just me!
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 149
Posted: 4/5/2015 9:50:38 PM
^ NG made a funny. And he might be about to come out of the closet. NG, this is a safe place! :S
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 150
Posted: 4/6/2015 7:17:59 AM

where I was ganged up on again because I didnt like bruises when I have sex. Apparently that translates as being passionless, uptight, judgement and all sorts of other things. Ill look forward to the justifications and excuses that will no doubt follow but I know what I know.

Vicky, Vicky, Vicky.... Couldn't let it go? I don't think you really read anything to understand the content of what others are saying, but to simply formulate your rebuttal with absolutely no understanding of the point others were trying to make.

In that argument you had to take it to extremes and them apply labels.

Oh well.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 151
Posted: 4/6/2015 10:35:49 AM

Christ, these board are addictive.....

Right?? The only possible explanation is that somebody is lacing their essay posts with meth...
 bamagrl68
Msg: 152
Posted: 4/6/2015 1:05:29 PM
InnerGorilla- As a nurse, I get asked this a LOT.
Doctors and nurses go through clinicals throughout their training.
It's not quite the same as the real thing, but it's close.
You start seeing awful things while you are still in training.
It's hard at first, I can't say there is any real "getting used to it", but over time, you HAVE to adjust and find a way to deal with it mentally, those who don't are the ones who don't make it.
When I started nursing school, there were 80 of us that started at the same time, we were divided into two groups.
By the end of the first term, almost half were gone just from not being able to handle the academic challenge.
Second term, the clinicals began, the first was geriatric clinicals, most made it through that.
Third term was the killer, that was med-surg, the blood and guts you speak of.
By the time we finished, out of 8o, 22 of us made it, not for the faint of heart, for sure.
They HAVE to make it hard though, peoples lives are in our hands.
The closest thing in the military to that kind of slow mental adjustment/preparation is basic training.
There is testing before basic training to TRY to weed out people who might have mental issues, but there is only so much a test can determine.
I'm not sure basic training lasts long enough, either that or it's not possible to get the kind of real life experience during basic training that nurses and doctors go through in clinicals.
Simulating war can't really come close to what the real thing is going to be like.
It's pretty much going from the frying pan into the fire.
It's not like they can intentionally blow people up, kill women and children in front of them.
In medical training, the patients come to you, it IS real life during training before you get out and experience it first hand.
You have time to see if people can take it before they get out.
That's not really possible in war.
They say war is hell for a reason.
 Hearton64
Msg: 153
Posted: 4/6/2015 2:35:20 PM
Well all I can add at this point is that I hope "he"learned
a lesson about going off in forums.
In the end it doesn't matter why, it's simply
not cool to swear at people here even if you
Totally disagree with them...personal attacks
are never justifiable.

If we can't keep at least that one rule upheld
this place could get very ugly.

So police yourselves so no one else has to. :)

Better yet? Get outside!!! It's spring people!

I've already planted my veggie garden!

And no legal recreational yet in my state damn it!
 bamagrl68
Msg: 154
Posted: 4/6/2015 2:47:07 PM
Hearton64- Is it ok if I have a brown thumb?
If it is, then we can say it's weeds ;) :D
 midnite_icecream
Msg: 155
Posted: 4/6/2015 6:24:06 PM
Seems as if there's disappointment being expressed here at not having gotten a p1ssing contest - which I doubt is a healthy outlet for rage.
Was I reading.. assumptions..being incorrectly touted as truth.
Meh, who knows with all the innuendos.
 norwegianguy123
Msg: 156
Posted: 4/7/2015 9:31:40 AM

^ NG made a funny. And he might be about to come out of the closet. NG, this is a safe place! :S

No, I'm a pimp for gay cavemen. Oh, but... well, maybe there is a closet I need to cum out of. I'll need like, 3 cave women at once to 'convert' me. Preferably none with PTSD, ABCD, or EFG!
 flaneur001
Msg: 157
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2015 2:25:30 PM
Vicki,

NG was being silly - re read his post - EFG follows ABCD.
 midnite_icecream
Msg: 158
Posted: 4/7/2015 3:46:43 PM
^ Good observation hehe.
 norwegianguy123
Msg: 159
Posted: 4/8/2015 5:16:54 AM

And your hoping to find that round here, with just you and your horse? Lol Whats EFG?

Vicki, you need therapy.
 sigungq
Msg: 160
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2015 5:56:05 PM

VolkanoKing wrote:

These posts are ridiculous.

What she said - NUFF SAID.
 sigungq
Msg: 161
view profile
History
Posted: 4/14/2015 5:54:00 PM

MetalBrony666 wrote:

For the past 2 months, I have been seeing this guy, he lives 45 minutes away but does drive, going to college to earn his degree in Psychology, has a job and has his own place. Over these past 2 months him and I have gone out on 6 dates, varying from different events, really enjoying each other's company too.

During our time together we have also discussed a lot of things from us becoming Boyfriend/Girlfriend, to past relationships dealing with our Ex's to the future like kids, marriage, sex, sexual experiences etc. But here's the issue, this guy experienced a little kid drowning in a pool while he was at someone's house, so that caused him to get PTSD - Post traumatic stress disorder, he then told me he suffers from ADHD - Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder as well as Dyslexia where it's hard for him to express himself through writing, like texting or other forms of writing up words in the proper way.

Out of all of this I have been there for him and have accepted him and want us to continue dating and communicating with one another and see where it goes from this point onward. But again these 3 things causes him to act up, like his PTSD has him have these episodes of breakdowns where he doesn't feel like himself. Like he texted me just last night and told me this "John (cries) then says: "This is me sounding like a little **** again. I am just enjoying our time together because I'm not cool enough about it. I don't deserve anything better that's why I know you're never going to want to be my girlfriend, I give up".

Before he had said that, our previous conversation began with him asking me

"For 10 white 10 things you don't like and 10 things you do like about me"

I had given him my lists.

Then he says "Conern"

Then he says "Any sexual videos or picks with exes to be aware of so no surprise"

I gave my response he then says "Because because I'm like everyone else only your exes are that special I just don't even care about doing anything sexual for a long time but it's true always the jerks nice guys always assume to be ***holes that's something that bothers me not because the sexual stuff but because you would trust them and assume that I'm just like them"

He then says "Just a fantasy"

I had asked him what he meant by that and he says "To be desired the way your ex R or better but now I'm always guy who's where you can I wish I was Raymond drugs as those bad boys every girl I have room in my heart for ditched me I wish I could gt you to love me like I was e"

"I know now you never want to be my girlfriend I understand"

"I know I know I blew it now"

"Can we talk"

He did have a previous epioside like this one where this similar thing happened and now this one happened. I just don't know what to do or how to help him. What would you do in this situation? Have any of you dealt with this sort of thing before? Please help!

Just one question: Are you SERIOUS?
 CharminC
Msg: 162
Posted: 4/14/2015 6:42:08 PM
^^^^^ Buahahahaaaaa!!! Bravo sigungq
One sentence
Just one sentence killed the whole 8 pages! Bravo ! *applauses*
 CTRLvector
Msg: 163
Nice pity thread VolkanoKing
Posted: 1/4/2016 4:17:41 PM
There's some good old CTRLvector rants in here.
Nice dialogue VolkanoKing.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > ADHD, Dyslexia and PTSD How to Deal with Someone Like This When Dating?