Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > The older the man the more critical and judgmental he is....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sealady111
Msg: 251
The older the man the more critical and judgmental he is....Page 11 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
I need to be more loose.
Running and climbing around a classic 12 metre Americas Cup yacht on Sunday makes me realise that I need to be more loose.
This old woman is more critical and judgmental of herself.

I do not want to become like the old men who become critical and judgmental of themselves and others with all the groaning and complaining.

HA HA... Love the story of hiding dentures.
My mum's home for the bewildered is the same.
Stuff vanishes and stuff appears.
She often has men's underwear in her drawers.
What happens when the family is not around? lol
 2ufo
Msg: 252
The older the man the more critical and judgmental he is....
Posted: 9/28/2015 5:34:36 PM

No matter how much women say "Hear me roar," they have made themselves less valuable.

Less 'valuable' for whom, I wonder.
Simply because you consider that an unmarried/unattached woman has no value doesn't make it a valid belief.

Loose women change the circumstances for the rest of us.

No, loose women allow the circumstances to change them.

The number of men another woman has had sex with rarely impacts on my life.
If the guy thinks I'll have sex with him because I'm older and not beautiful (just like the last woman he had sex with and discarded after he got bored), he'll find himself on the side of life wondering, 'what happened'.
A man can 'discard' a woman he doesn't like, respect or appreciate (and vice versa).
A man will not 'discard' a woman he likes, respects, and appreciates (and vice versa).
 PassionateSunnyGal
Msg: 253
Posted: 9/28/2015 9:39:45 PM
My point was no matter how loose any woman is...the right type of man isn't going to be attracted to her so it doesn't matter how many women are giving it away...cause a man I would be interested in developing a relationship with isn't looking for that type of woman

...it is easy to blame other women when you feel the reason they are getting *more (whatever: dates, attention, or guys) is because they are giving it away and you aren't but the bottom line is the guys who aren't interested in marrying, developing a relationship or whatever with someone aren't going to marry, develop a relationship, or whatever with you even if no other woman gives it up to them and that is what your logic is saying...you cant find a man you want to be with cause you have standards and they are going for the easy...did you even realize how insulting that would be to most men?

A person shows you in a small amount of time their value of you ...it's up to you to see that ...if a man is sexual at the start that is all he wants and the fact he moves on to someone else and starts a sexual relationship with another woman doesn't make it that woman's fault--she didn't take your man...he isn't looking for anything from a woman but sex...so seriously is that the type of man you would want?

BTW it is perfectly acceptable for a man to want that...after all it is his life and his choice --as it is alright for a woman to want only that as well...that is why they are together --they are compatible
 browneyesboo
Msg: 254
Posted: 9/29/2015 6:32:45 AM

Broweyes- your assumptions are so wrong and psych 101. Lol!

No. Loose women change the circumstances for the rest of us.

Both of your identities are saying the same thing. No matter. All quite wrong yet Quite amusing. It is why I post at POF. One will always find something amusing.
Thanks.

"Psych 101" suggests your outlook is directly related to your personal experiences.
One doesn't need "Psych 101" to figure that out (LOL)

Both of my identities? What does that mean?
Off topic...I wonder if you know you come across as a very unpleasant person?
Or is that your MO?
 deetristate
Msg: 255
Posted: 9/29/2015 7:44:23 AM
Honey, dear. No matter how many times that you repeat it, it is not true or correct.
If you only knew how far from correct the assumptions and projections of you and others are. . .
Why make up things and make this personal? We can make statements. Unless you and others feel that you fall into the category and feel guilty.
Neither I nor sealady said that all women fall into the category.
More incorrect psych 101 assumptions are being made by others. This is not about me, and making it about incorrect assumptions about me is a concession to the truth of my statements. I am fine with that.

Women do what they can live with. Many live with being easy and that is acceptable to many these days. No denying that it has changed the construct.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 256
Posted: 9/29/2015 8:17:43 AM

My comments are based on general observations. If you feel defensive, and have a reason to, I can't do anything about that.

If anyone is defensive here, it's you. You made an incorrect assumption about my identity being the same as another poster's. Care to clarify that?

If your comments are based on general observations, they're very short-sighted.

You still haven't answered the questions about how you define a "loose woman"? I think you've been reading too many Steve Harvey books.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 257
Posted: 9/29/2015 8:18:13 AM

Honey, dear. No matter how many times that you repeat it, it is not true or correct.

Yes. This is true. Perhaps heed your own advice.

And what was that remark about my other profile?
 474bluemoon
Msg: 258
Posted: 9/29/2015 10:03:57 AM
All you blondes look the same. :-) As for being the same person, geez. Blonde conspiracy theory at play here.

Women do what they can live with. Many live with being easy and that is acceptable to many these days. No denying that it has changed the construct.

Care to elaborate? Maybe some statistics or data. Or even just "Bob wouldn't go out with me because I won't put out like Martha does. Martha ruined it for all of us women."

I'd still like a definition of "loose" as well as "easy".
 PassionateSunnyGal
Msg: 259
Posted: 9/29/2015 12:22:47 PM
From Urban Dictionary:

easy
A term used to describe a woman who has the sexual morals of a man.

Loose

Loose
A woman's vagina after she has had many different sized penises.
The slut is so loose, since she gets laid every night by a different man.

I am literately dying laughing at this crap--it's bad enough when men do this type of stereotyping to women but to have a woman not only buy into it but advocate it is beyond me...

So basically a easy woman is any woman who will do what she won't with a man --cause she wants to hold out and exchange sex for a relationship - which is manipulation!

And loose means you need to practice those kegals!!!
 _babblefish
Msg: 260
Posted: 9/29/2015 1:27:37 PM

. .
Why make up things and make this personal? We can make statements. Unless you and others feel that you fall into the category and feel guilty.

you are the one that has made this personal by posting:

No. Loose women change the circumstances for the rest of us.

you really need to loosen up and quit categorizing/bashing your own gender

wigglewigglewiggle
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 261
Posted: 9/29/2015 1:54:39 PM

And loose means you need to practice those kegals!!!

I must, I must,I must increase my........Oh Huh, come again? Oh, THAT exercise! I got confused there for a sec. I'm one of the unidentifiable blondes. (LMAO) Seriously????????????????????
Everyone knows "Blondes have more fun". Right ladies? LOL

I am literately dying laughing at this crap-it's bad enough when men do this type of stereotyping to women but to have a woman not only buy into it but advocate it is beyond me...

I couldn't agree more. Damn near fell off the sofa. Then I set my fingers to the keyboard.
What another woman chooses to do, in her personal life, is HER business not mine. I don't give a damn what she does. She does not, by her actions, dictate what I do, say or think! I'm an independent happy blonde and proud of it!

LOL I think men are LESS critical!
 alaricmaggot
Msg: 262
Posted: 9/29/2015 1:57:53 PM

you really need to loosen up and quit categorizing/bashing your own gender

But its perfectly okay to bash the opposite gender?
 chameleonf
Msg: 263
Posted: 9/29/2015 2:18:12 PM

I don't consider it ok to bash either gender because of gender, however, bashing constant deliberate idiots of either gender may just be another matter (and no, that wasn't directed at anyone in particular, unless anyone realizes they're being a constant deliberate idiot). Now here's a dilemma - what if someone doesn't realize they're being a deliberate idiot and still consistently proves they are - ya know, like some of our consistent trolls. Do they actually realize they're being an idiot or are they suffering some kind of malady where they mistakenly believe they have some kind of knowledge worth spewing to the masses (ok, we're not masses but we could be more massive if there hadn't been recent disappearing acts).
 alaricmaggot
Msg: 264
Posted: 9/29/2015 2:22:17 PM

Now here's a dilemma - what if someone doesn't realize they're being a deliberate idiot and still consistently proves they are - ya know, like some of our consistent trolls. Do they actually realize they're being an idiot or are they suffering some kind of malady where they mistakenly believe they have some kind of knowledge worth spewing to the masses (ok, we're not masses but we could be more massive if there hadn't been recent disappearing acts).

Quite a quandary with lots of assumptions. Are there people being "deliberate idiots" or are there simply narrow, shallow minded individuals who perceive that? Are there consistent trolls or are those who are here simply part of a faction of older, b^tchy women who look down on virtually everyone . . . almost like its a given that age and menopause means b*tchy.

Somebody could easily read these boards and conclude that, among the women, being a b*tch gives one staying power on these boards. The more obnoxious . . . the more b*tchy, the harder it is to get rid of them . . . and yet people who are nice to everybody are deleted. Its like the b*tches cannot stand goodness and decency and authenticity. It is just alien to their personalities. Which leads me to wonder if all of the mods themselves are b*tches. Of a like kind might explain what has been going on here.

How do you detect a b^tch. Well for one, she is the type of person who has little interest in a man. I would start there. :-)
 HondoGal
Msg: 265
Posted: 9/29/2015 2:25:07 PM

..I wonder if you know you come across as a very unpleasant person? ~brn boo

What makes you believe that you are in a position to determine that anyone is “unpleasant” generally.

She may be that to you but keep your opinions to just that, you.

Dee was enough of a formite not to attack you personally.
So do tell, where and how you spread so much “Pleasantness” and cheer to others; really I’m interested and surely others who also appreciate your “pleasantness” may also be interested.

Dee is at least 50% correct as are others with their differing opinions 50% correct.

Until there is genuine love, which most will not experience (they settle), or a respectful meeting of minds it is a pool shoot. Play the game or abstain, your choice. Or enter into every relationship with a true heart and the knowledge that you can never predict the outcome. And despite the losses you will keep the travails a gamble that you decided to venture into and hopefully left you with beautiful memories.

Wise adage perhaps, “Better to have lost and loved than never to have loved at all”.

----------------------------------------------

you really need to loosen up and quit categorizing/bashing your own gender~babble

Alas, here comes the  pièce de résistance 
Never must you side against a woman or women
For we are all simpletons who follow the piped piper…no bad women…we’re all good…
incredible…only bash men (that other gender)

Are there some that are still that backward, biased and spout that nonsense…and are so shameless as to post it. But if you see it here, it is everywhere.

Unbelievable…

_babblefish
Msg: 266
Posted: 9/29/2015 2:30:31 PM

are you making a personal statement or asking a philosophizing question?

if by chance you are just trolling my post, I have no issue mocking (bashing) any twat of either gender
 alaricmaggot
Msg: 267
Posted: 9/29/2015 2:34:17 PM

Never must you side against a woman or women

LOL.. You've noticed that huh. Yep . . . . this goes against the b^itch creed and Commandment. Thou shalt not criticize woman if you are woman. To do so means repeated banishment from the POF boards and a label as a troll.

Only the b^tches, the ornery, the nasty, the mean, the man-haters . . . . are allowed to remain here and say anything they want with impunity.

I do wonder if to be part of the in b^tch crowd, whether it is necessary to have reached menopause, or whether younger b^tches can apply for membership?

Do they have to be single and refuse to live with a man also? Or can they actually like men and still be part of the group?

Seems to me if you like men . . . and are a loving person . . . . that really works against being a b^tch, even if you try hard to be one.
 alaricmaggot
Msg: 268
Posted: 9/29/2015 2:48:37 PM

if by chance you are just trolling my post, I have no issue mocking (bashing) any twat of either gender

LOL. Such nice women on this board.
 chameleonf
Msg: 269
Posted: 9/29/2015 2:55:37 PM

Are there consistent trolls or are those who are here simply part of a faction of older, b^tchy women who look down on virtually everyone . . . almost like its a given that age and menopause means b*tchy.

Somebody could easily read these boards and conclude that, among the women, being a b*tch gives one staying power on these boards. The more obnoxious . . . the more b*tchy, the harder it is to get rid of them . . . and yet people who are nice to everybody are deleted. Its like the b*tches cannot stand goodness and decency authenticity. It is just alien to their personalities. Which leads me to wonder if all of the mods themselves are b*tches. Of a like kind might explain what has been going on here.

Eegads, if I didn't know better, the above would appear to be an example of what a more critical and judgmental individual would be. Can't say whether it's male or female or older or younger, but it decidedly has a thing against women who, it would appear, may have disagreed with it at some point(s) in the past and it simply can't muster the wherewithal to get over it - one of those that blames women for getting rid of people and in the same breath stating "the harder it is to get rid of them" as though it's been on a mission to do just that. Oh the irony of it all...lol
 _babblefish
Msg: 270
Posted: 9/29/2015 3:01:06 PM

Only the b^tches, the ornery, the nasty, the mean, the man-haters

*lol, you are generalizing, yeah?

@dee
it's theorized that women, not men, are largely the ones who suppress each others’ sexualities, in part through this sort of indirect aggression

“The evidence favors the view that women have worked to stifle each other’s sexuality because sex is a limited resource that women use to negotiate with men, and scarcity gives women an advantage,”

@hondagrrljumptoconclusionsinasinglebound, unbelievable indeed

LOL. Such nice women on this board.

"nice" such a vapid word
 alaricmaggot
Msg: 271
Posted: 9/29/2015 3:02:30 PM

Oh the irony of it all...lol

Now admit it, you are a Tall/Moderate Recall Minion/Harpie. This man, filled with Irony . . . loved to accuse others of this.
 alaricmaggot
Msg: 272
Posted: 9/29/2015 3:10:18 PM
Nothing Personal Chameleonf. There is nothing wrong with being a B^tch if you don't care for men anyway. Lots of women your age have lots in common with you.

And Hillary is a B^tch. And she even managed to hang on to her guy . . . well sort of . . . through all those long, scandal plagued years.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 273
Posted: 9/29/2015 3:30:37 PM

“The evidence favors the view that women have worked to stifle each other’s sexuality because sex is a limited resource that women use to negotiate with men, and scarcity gives women an advantage,”

Precisely. Some women thumb their noses at other women they perceive as "loose" because of the mistaken belief that they're undercutting the "Golden V" market.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 274
Posted: 9/29/2015 4:25:28 PM
I'm entitled to my opinions just as much as you, hondogal.
I also choose what I want to type..just as you do.
I can appreciate you wanting to defend dee..birds of
a feather and that sort of thing.

People can actually be wrong 100% of the time. I never
knew it's actually only 50%....I'm sure that's well documentef
somewhere.

No apologies here.
 high-ground
Msg: 275
view profile
History
Posted: 9/29/2015 5:36:25 PM
I've heard it called many names but never the "Golden-V". Someone should have told Liz Taylor !

I think most men find something of value other than sex from a women that makes them say, "I do". What I don't understand is so many divorce's after 25+ years of marriage. You would think with the kids grown it would provide more time for each other, or do they finally realize it was only the cause that kept them together.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > The older the man the more critical and judgmental he is....