Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > The older the man the more critical and judgmental he is....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 273
The older the man the more critical and judgmental he is....Page 12 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)

“The evidence favors the view that women have worked to stifle each other’s sexuality because sex is a limited resource that women use to negotiate with men, and scarcity gives women an advantage,”

Precisely. Some women thumb their noses at other women they perceive as "loose" because of the mistaken belief that they're undercutting the "Golden V" market.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 274
The older the man the more critical and judgmental he is....
Posted: 9/29/2015 4:25:28 PM
I'm entitled to my opinions just as much as you, hondogal.
I also choose what I want to type..just as you do.
I can appreciate you wanting to defend dee..birds of
a feather and that sort of thing.

People can actually be wrong 100% of the time. I never
knew it's actually only 50%....I'm sure that's well documentef
somewhere.

No apologies here.
 high-ground
Msg: 275
view profile
History
Posted: 9/29/2015 5:36:25 PM
I've heard it called many names but never the "Golden-V". Someone should have told Liz Taylor !

I think most men find something of value other than sex from a women that makes them say, "I do". What I don't understand is so many divorce's after 25+ years of marriage. You would think with the kids grown it would provide more time for each other, or do they finally realize it was only the cause that kept them together.
 474bluemoon
Msg: 276
Posted: 9/29/2015 6:57:32 PM
I don't think too many women 45+ are holding on to the Golden Vajayjay until he puts a ring on it. I also don't think that meeting someone, dating for a couple months, having sex is somehow "ruining" it for other women. How stupid. By this age, we know what we want, what we need and what we need to do to make a relationship work. I certainly don't need some judgmental fool doing some sex shaming like in high school . Hell, half the men and women in our age group don't want to marry. Many are content to live together or even have a committed relationship but keep their our homes. Whatever works.

I think the majority of men our age don't just want sex, they want a partner. They want someone to love, that loves them and to share a life.
 sealady111
Msg: 277
Posted: 9/29/2015 8:08:22 PM
^^^^ I hope you are right.

I think the majority of men our age don't just want sex, they want a partner. They want someone to love, that loves them and to share a life.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 278
Posted: 9/30/2015 7:28:10 AM
^^^I think it's true for my age group.
Lots of men my age (and unmarried woman friends my age) are looking for a companion or partner
so as not to be alone. I don't think it's a desperation sort of thing, I think it's just a comfort thing.

I don't have a problem with it as it redefines relationships into whatever people want.
You don't necessarily have to live together or share finances, etc.

Whatever works. I'm not so set on getting married again or being in a committed relationship.
I sort of enjoy coming and going as I want.
 474bluemoon
Msg: 279
Posted: 9/30/2015 9:38:58 AM
Like I said, at this age we all know what we want and what we need. I want a committed relationship, I want to live together, I have no need for a ring or a ceremony...just the commitment to each other. I want to feel the warmth of someone beside me in bed at night, I want to cook for someone, I want to look after someone and they look after me. I want to give love and receive love and share the day to day as well as our dreams, hopes, plans, joys and sorrows. Share love and share life in what ever manner that works for us.

What I want will come and the last thing on my mind in my search is whether I'm putting out too early and ruining it for the rest of the women out there. I think those that think this way have a screw loose....that is what is too "loose".
 pontogoldworth
Msg: 280
Posted: 9/30/2015 11:24:34 AM
^^^^ None of this stuff is rocket science. Most well functioning people want to be in loving relationships. And yes, sex is not as important to an older man as it is to a young man. On the other hand, what could be better than intimacy with a person you truly love? Companionship only? Bah. Get a dog.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 281
Posted: 9/30/2015 11:34:52 AM

What I want will come and the last thing on my mind in my search is whether I'm putting out too early and ruining it for the rest of the women out there. I think those that think this way have a screw loose....that is what is too "loose".

Who's to decide what's to early! I don't worry about that stuff anymore.I'm thinking about knocking over a guy with my car later today, and dragging him home for rehabilitation and perhaps sex...but I suppose some will see me as too loose as opposed to being the good
samaritan that I am.

*Looks at the ceiling and whistles*
 pontogoldworth
Msg: 282
Posted: 9/30/2015 11:37:10 AM
^^^ Its just amusing to me that older adults are discussing women who are too "loose". Wow. Who would have thought this was actually a viable subject to debate.
 474bluemoon
Msg: 283
Posted: 9/30/2015 7:24:35 PM
^^^ I think the majority of us women thought the same thing. Who would think this was a viable topic in 2015?
 HondoGal
Msg: 284
Posted: 9/30/2015 7:37:01 PM

No apologies here.~BrnBoo

None expected. That would require self-reflection.

I think most men find something of value other than sex from a women that makes them say, "I do".~high ground

Absolutely. Sex is easy for viable men. those that have something to offer another.
Compatibility, making him feel valued and needed, kind to his friends/family…you know the rest.

Its just amusing to me that older adults are discussing women who are too "loose". Wow. Who would have thought this was actually a viable subject to debate.

Ha,ha…who would have thunk it; those damn floozies!
 PassionateSunnyGal
Msg: 285
Posted: 9/30/2015 8:02:06 PM

^^^ Its just amusing to me that older adults are discussing women who are too "loose". Wow. Who would have thought this was actually a viable subject to debate.

While it is amusing it is also very sad, it is like blaming women for being raped based on how they are dressed....a man couldn't help himself...and as long as individuals have this twisted type of mindset it will continue to hurt the equality of women in all places in their lives and especially at work.

I think the key word is ADULT...this isn't an adult thought process this is someone with a very immature nonthinking mind who is just parroting things from the past and has never outgrown the days when women were one step above servitude in life.

Blaming other women for your inability to get a man is just another way of not dealing with your lack as a person.
 sibyll01
Msg: 286
Posted: 10/2/2015 7:07:01 PM
"It's seems the longer I live....the more "criticism and condemnation" I encounter. And it seems, the older the man, the more critical he is........"
I think that type of irritating behavior is indicative of some sort of "insecurity-control-issues". But honestly?
I don't really don't care- what & why, this "psychological problem" exists. Someone[Anyone] who feels entitled to nag
& constantly criticize me is NOT someone who would be welcomed into my life & lair. End Of Story.
 BlackLady1953
Msg: 287
view profile
History
Posted: 10/2/2015 9:05:27 PM
"Someone who feels entitled to nag and constantly criticize me is NOT someone who would be welcomed into my life and lair." I couldn't agree more....also, if that "someone" can dish it out....he or she better be able to "take it".
 NikonGuy007
Msg: 288
view profile
History
Posted: 10/3/2015 8:12:25 AM
Yeah, because women (young, old, and in-between) rarely nag, criticize, b*tch, or complain.

He wrote, with much sarcasm.
 BBEisBack
Msg: 289
view profile
History
Posted: 10/3/2015 5:19:17 PM

Yeah, because women (young, old, and in-between) rarely nag, criticize, b*tch, or complain.

He wrote, with much sarcasm.

If it is your experience that all Women, Young to Old, do these things......

Might I point out, You are the Common Denominator in this Equation.......
 seafoodandeatit
Msg: 290
view profile
History
Posted: 10/3/2015 8:00:00 PM
Is your shoe draw over full?
Are you more than a few to many pounds over weight?
Do you have outstanding bills and still buy stuff?
I could be wrong but it seems the person "standing back" can see you might be on the wrong road to a happier life and rightly or not is pointing out a few facts?
Are you happy with lots of "stuff" and eating chocolate's, watch a movie ?
there are lots of ways people part this life just don't try and make it a long painful exit through poor life habits.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 291
Posted: 10/5/2015 9:42:22 AM

Are you happy with lots of "stuff" and eating chocolate's, watch a movie ?

Yes, yes I am.
That's the only sentence in your post I understood and could relate to.
 sibyll01
Msg: 292
Posted: 10/6/2015 12:06:23 AM

Yes, yes I am. That's the only sentence in your post I understood and could relate to.

Me Too! WORD!
 crookcatcher
Msg: 293
Posted: 10/7/2015 6:58:25 PM

that they somehow influences most men in society to disrespect women?

I may be taking this out of context I'm not sure, but have your life experiences shown that most men disrespect women?

I know there is a pct that does but most just seems a little much. imo :)
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 294
Posted: 10/7/2015 7:05:43 PM

that they somehow influences most men in society to disrespect women?

I may be taking this out of context I'm not sure, but have your life experiences shown that most men disrespect women?

No, crookcatcher, she was asking dee how "loose" women are ruining it for the rest of us with "most" men.

I think PianoPetal is saying let loose women hook up with men who want loose women. The opinion of men who do not want loose women can't be swayed by loose women.

I don't want a man who smokes. No matter how many men smoke they do not effect my opinion of men who do not smoke. PianoPetal gets that. Dee does not.
 crookcatcher
Msg: 295
Posted: 10/7/2015 7:21:33 PM

No, crookcatcher, she was asking dee how "loose" women are ruining it for the rest of us with "most" men.

Ok. I see what you're saying. :)

Piano, that's percentage. :)
 sealady111
Msg: 296
Posted: 10/7/2015 7:39:31 PM
As a bigger woman.
I love it when my previously tight clothing is loose 100% of the time.
 PassionateSunnyGal
Msg: 297
Posted: 10/7/2015 9:24:31 PM

As a bigger woman.
I love it when my previously tight clothing is loose 100% of the time.

That's so awesome!! Thanks for the giggle
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > The older the man the more critical and judgmental he is....