Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is talking everyday too needy or clingy?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 siisaa
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Is talking everyday too needy or clingy? Page 6 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
it's only needy, clingy, "annoying", "irritating", etc. if you're NOT feeling the person. if there's a mutual attraction/interest, then it can be great!
 julystorm7
Msg: 122
Is talking everyday too needy or clingy?
Posted: 5/10/2018 12:30:58 PM
Generally I have learned that if someone actually likes you and wants to talk to you they will text you often and it doesn't seem to be an issue.

It's such a difficult thing to gage because most people I know always have their phones on them so you know that they are either purposely ignoring your texts or if you get their text and you don't feel like texting back right away, you are still aware that they know you likely saw the text and aren't replying. The only time you seem to be safe is if you are at work and they know you are at work then you have an excuse.

I hate hate hate texting because it sure plays with your anxieties and you worry so much about appearing too clingy or too distant. I liked a guy a while back but when I texted him he wouldn't get back to me for a couple days and it made me feel so insecure. Likewise, I've had guys texting me who I wasn't 100% into and I'd delay getting back to them for longer and longer periods until they likely would read that I wasn't too interested anymore.

I think the best thing would be just to say you aren't into texting, you'd rather just talk on the phone every so often, maybe every couple of days. Definitely not every day although I have been in situations where I was talking on the phone to someone every night. This is where putting boundaries in place is important for each person to give each other space to live their lives independent but have time to talk and build a relationship. But when you are first starting to talk or see someone this is difficult to talk about because you don't want to come across as distant or too controlling.
 reverendswine
Msg: 123
Posted: 5/10/2018 5:56:50 PM
I don't care how hot she is or how much we seem to have in common, I'm not playing the "let's get to know each other electronically" game. The interaction will consist only of arranging when we'll see each other again. The only kind of people this "joined at the hip from the very get-go" crap works for is the desperate. If it's two people with very little going on in their lives, it's a perfect match. Anyone else? Forget about it.
 playingindirt
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2018 7:28:06 AM
I think it depends on what a persons needs are and what kind of relationship they have.

I like daily interaction with my man when I'm in a relationship. making him coffee in the mornings and all little moments that make life sweet. I want someone that enjoys my company as well as I enjoy his.
but I don't mean be under my nose or his every minute of the day. that would drive me nuts. lol
I also like knowing I can reach him anytime and he can reach me. that doesn't mean I want to get ahold of him. I just like knowing I can IF I want to.
I don't like a lot of attention. I'm an introvert that deals with things better with a little time to myself. I'm creative and it helps me think. I need that time in the other room or in the yard. he's not off limits to it but its appreciated when I can do my think time.

my sister is the opposite. her and her husband are pukingly up in each others noses all the time. they like that and have been doing that for over 30 years.
 CBGB77
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2018 8:21:00 AM
I talk to my girlfriend everyday by IM.It is easier than texting.You can just send a sticker or a gif instead of typing a long message into your phone.
 JGL209
Msg: 126
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2018 10:16:01 AM
It all boils down to chemistry and the ability to have good conversations for me. If she is boring and annoying I definitely do not want to talk to her everyday ! But if we mesh well talking to her is a treat instead of a pain in the neck.
 Tech30
Msg: 127
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2018 11:30:46 AM
I think it depends on the chemistry between the two people.
Since we started dating , me and my gf have spent every weekend together, friday to sunday night. We also started to see each other one night on a weekday as well.

We have also talked on the pone every evening.
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 128
view profile
History
Posted: 5/25/2018 6:35:49 AM
I most agree with Igor in post 12

No matter how "into her" he is, it will still be WHY she calls that will drive him away or not.

Getting in touch for practical reasons is fine. Calling in the middle of someone trying to get something done, just to pitch mewling sounds at them over the phone gets old fast. And clingy "checkups" are Right Out.

I HATE talking on the phone and dislike texting only a little less. But I used to talk on the phone for hours, periodically (not every day or every week even) with a former SO because he had interesting things to say.

We would video chat most evenings rather than interrupt whatever need doing throughout the day. Texts, or calls, during the work day interrupt my thought process or meetings I need to pay attention to, so that would be annoying no matter how much I like someone.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 129
Posted: 5/25/2018 8:40:40 AM
the "Why" is likely what separates a girlfriend, or boyfriend, from a lover or a booty call or whatever. Its that word "friend" in the title. you can talk a while with a friend, for all the reasons they are a friend (Things in common, intelligence, unwillingness to be a jerk to you, doesn't put you down to raise themselves, et cetera). Naturally, a good friend isn't always trying to be needy, always trying to get "something" for nothing from you.

But if someone's just good enough for sex, about the only thing you want to discuss is when's the next time?
 CBGB77
Msg: 130
view profile
History
Posted: 5/25/2018 8:48:03 AM

Posted By: MachIMustangII on 5/25/2018 1040 AM
Subject: Is talking everyday too needy or clingy?
Message: the "Why" is likely what separates a girlfriend, or boyfriend, from a lover or a booty call or whatever. Its that word "friend" in the title. you can talk a while with a friend, for all the reasons they are a friend (Things in common, intelligence, unwillingness to be a jerk to you, doesn't put you down to raise themselves, et cetera). Naturally, a good friend isn't always trying to be needy, always trying to get "something" for nothing from you.

But if someone's just good enough for sex, about the only thing you want to discuss is when's the next time?

Nailed it
 cooldog65
Msg: 131
view profile
History
Posted: 5/25/2018 8:56:38 AM

it's only needy, clingy, "annoying", "irritating", etc. if you're NOT feeling the person. if there's a mutual attraction/interest, then it can be great!

If it's texting, my patience is lost after about the third exchange. I do like talking on the phone and I don't mind if it's everyday. I would prefer it to be one or two longer calls versus a bunch of short calls.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is talking everyday too needy or clingy?