Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 who_the_fox
Msg: 272
Why are you single?Page 11 of 50    (10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50)
I'm on a rock, on an iiiiiiiiiiiiiissssllllland
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 273
Why are you single?
Posted: 6/26/2006 7:25:11 PM
Annasthasia: Holy crap, with the exception of being married once - cause I haven't, were we separated at birth? That was EXACTLY something I would have said. But now I don't have to. Wow...uncanny.
 who_the_fox
Msg: 274
Why are you single?
Posted: 6/27/2006 10:59:06 AM
and some of us are just picky about who we want in our beds

Simon and garfunkel sing something sorta close to that hehe..
I am a rock I am an island

I was singing MY version of that song....it goes well with my other current favourite

"one toad over the line"
 smilesnwinks
Msg: 276
Why are you single?
Posted: 6/27/2006 12:09:13 PM
I'm single because my choice of men has been less than grande. However, I would like to have a healthy relationship, but the area i live in lacks in decent men. What's funny is the things that to me make up a good man are the hardest to find- a job, own place, transportation, non drug use or alcoholic. ya'd think these wouldn't be that hard to find. Oh well I just figure someday it will happen and until then i'll just hang out with my friends and not worry about it too much.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 277
Why are you single?
Posted: 6/27/2006 12:48:23 PM

To oldschoolqueen...

Finalement!!! Quelqu'un comme moi!!!... Oups... I wrote... Finally someone who does think like me!!! OK... I am not alone... Oh là là!!!

Thank you. You made this rainy day much more cheerful...

Annasthasia

It's absolutely my pleasure, darlin'.
 punkass_138
Msg: 278
view profile
History
Why are you single?
Posted: 6/28/2006 11:03:05 PM
That's right the MEn do it to.....You are one of them.....thanks for the fun...i'll remember it always.....
 4ugreeneyes
Msg: 280
Why are you single?
Posted: 7/3/2006 12:56:41 PM
i guess i haven't met the right one yet.
 sddude
Msg: 281
Why are you single?
Posted: 7/3/2006 3:15:18 PM
this question keeps on getting asked ?

Because I am a loser
 YourThrone
Msg: 282
Why are you single?
Posted: 7/3/2006 3:17:39 PM
Right now I'm single by choice, my ex girlfriend screwed up our relationship.
 KarmicKiss805
Msg: 284
view profile
History
Why are you single?
Posted: 7/4/2006 9:55:04 AM

I'm single because I'm not in any rush to be in a relationship. I've only ever had 3 great relationships, and they ended on good terms. Why would i settle for anything less? I don't need a boyfriend and being single has some great qualities. If someone worth the effort a relationship takes happens to come into my life then I'm all for it!

Bella pretty much captured it, except I have only really been in 1 long term relationship,that lasted 21 years. I was fairly young when we met, 20, he was 16, then left the relationship after those 21 years with 4 great children. I have been single for the last 8 years and dedicated most of my time to my children (then 10 to 20) and opening up a consulting business. I date, but that seems to be more recreational and I tend to get a bit nervous when men make it seem like it's more, too quickly. I dated/met probably 10 men before him and 40 since him, but they were/are pretty much just hanging out, dinner,movies and making out, fun kinda dates, I think there is a pattern here... I guess I just don't believe in relationships solely for the purpose of making sure I have sex available to me 24 hours a day, thats what stable boys are for... KIDDING, I have just not met the man I feel is worth the effort. Yes, I know a relationship consists of more than sex, it's tempting, just not tempting enough...
 buck711
Msg: 285
Why are you single?
Posted: 7/4/2006 8:38:48 PM
Why a, I still single.....because Canada refuses to export ALL of their women....
 jheldatksuedu
Msg: 287
Why are you single?
Posted: 7/31/2006 8:21:08 PM
I used to be shy, still am in certain situations. The best thing I've found to combat that is learn to tell jokes. Every day that your going to go out and be in a social situation that you may feel uncomfortable, learn a new joke, it's as simple as going to the forums on here and reading through a joke thread till you find one you like. Then write down three important words in that joke. That's all you need to refresh your memory. After a couple months of this I had a folded up piece of paper that was computer printed with about 25 of these 3 word memory aids. If I needed a joke to loosen myself up in an uncomfortable situation, all I had to do was pull out my wallet and secretly grab a peek at that paper. After a while I was known as Mr. Joke in a couple social circles I frequented. At a party, if there was a couple others that told a few jokes I could go all night. I knew hundreds and when somebody else told a joke it would remind me of at least three or four. Two people can go back and forth all night like this and you're the hit of the party. That certainly helps combat shyness.

The other thing I did was learn to dance, a simple 2 step, tripple step and waltz. see another forum of mine about that.

New beginings, good to see you again.
 JohnnyPopper
Msg: 288
Why are you single?
Posted: 7/31/2006 11:58:39 PM
I am single because MY lovely wife passed away 8 years ago and I haven't found anyone that is anythang anywhere near like her YET!
 who_the_fox
Msg: 289
Why are you single?
Posted: 8/1/2006 5:15:19 AM
Apparently, I am single because I am not looking hard enough or in the right places to find someone suitable. .....at least that was the lecture I was getting just before I hit "Block User"

and here I thought it took 2 to make a viable couple
 Masala_1
Msg: 290
Why are you single?
Posted: 8/17/2006 9:58:14 PM
I am single because my husband decided after being togehter for 9 years ( 5 of that married) that he needed to reinvent himself. Or should I say unreinvent himself. after 5 years of marriage he jumped boldly out of the closet.
 Masala_1
Msg: 291
Why are you single?
Posted: 8/18/2006 6:02:30 PM
I have given him support. But you are wrong about one thing. he didnt deny himslef the life he wanted because he loved me. He lived the live he wanted behind my back.
He called men from our home and talked about his favorite infront of my daughter ( not his child). He made it perfectly clear he never loved me. To the point he said if he had to chose between me and his man he would choose the man because he knew what he wanted and how to give it ( and said this infront of my daughter). Thats now love. He denied me the chance to be in a loving commited relatiobshio so he could live his lie so none of his family and friends knew he was gay. Thats not love thats selfishness.
I cannot be a part of that. I deserve to be happy and loved not living a charade.
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 292
Why are you single?
Posted: 8/18/2006 6:11:28 PM
I think I just became SINGLE again.... oh well... I'm better off.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 293
Why are you single?
Posted: 9/15/2006 6:47:29 AM
Although twice married I've lived 47 of my 57 years as a single and find these advantages:
No complaints about anything.
No running to meet domestic deadlines/obligations.
No worry about the consequences of important missed dates, eg. birthday, anniversary.
What remains of my property remains MY property.
The doghouse remains the property of the dog.
One's time is one's own to do with as one pleases.
One can spend hours/days/weeks resting and rediscovering life in serene solitude without being called a couch potato or much worse by the insatiable one.
There is so much to be learned about this life and the life hereafter that there really isn't time to waste confined to the repetitiousness of a relationship, particularly if it produces no descendants.
Why am I here, you ask. It cost nothing to drop a lure in the vast sea of fish. There exists a possibility that one wants nothing more from me than I from her, however shallow and to some, less than honourable this may be.

That's a great list! Food for thought.
 Trazhy
Msg: 294
Why are you single?
Posted: 9/15/2006 7:48:57 PM
Im single because I'm fat, bald, ugly, poor, ignorant, and beyond help. lol
 PeterHood
Msg: 296
view profile
History
Why are you single?
Posted: 11/7/2006 5:57:34 PM