Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 hopefalling
Msg: 216
Why are you single?Page 9 of 50    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
Several reasons. I'm only 27, and in no hurry to rush off and get married and have kids this second, and I've not met anyone I'd really like to be around all that often. The truth is, I don't mind being alone. I've never really been that girl in high school who has to have a boyfriend every 5 seconds or she will just "die," and college was the same way. I think I am still young yet.
 Bandito
Msg: 217
Why are you single?
Posted: 5/2/2006 2:16:36 PM
cuz I am stuck posting here in this thread that won't die
 bmadmax40
Msg: 221
Why are you single?
Posted: 5/3/2006 7:24:24 AM
unhappyness is inside
as unsutisfied pride
sometimes it is hard to cary on
as the mood in vain is gone
too many things at the time
feels like commiting a crime
as stomach has a butterfly
and to fight I seaze to try
what else there is to do?
as nothing falls out through?
24 years in vain
I am single again
it is my pride
makes me unhappy inside
if I only knew?
now what do I do?
single or married,
I feel like alive burried,
if happiness is what I thought,
being single only pain brought,
never gonna fall again
as relationships are pain,
if happiness is inside,
why did I ever cried?
 bmadmax40
Msg: 222
Why are you single?
Posted: 5/3/2006 7:33:41 AM
unhappyness is inside
as unsutisfied pride
sometimes it is hard to cary on
as the mood in vain is gone
too many things at the time
feels like commiting a crime
as stomach has a butterfly
and to fight I seaze to try
what else there is to do?
as nothing falls out through?
24 years in vain
I am single again
it is my pride
makes me unhappy inside
if I only knew?
now what do I do?
single or married,
I feel like alive burried,
if happiness is what I thought,
being single only pain brought,
never gonna fall again
as relationships are pain,
if happiness is inside,
why did I ever cried?
 Bandito
Msg: 223
Why are you single?
Posted: 5/3/2006 9:11:03 AM
@little_mermaid....shhhh....I am planning on escaping

Shhhhh....moms the word
 reinouir
Msg: 224
Why are you single?
Posted: 5/3/2006 9:52:17 AM
I work every day and get up at 2:30am on weekends to go to work. What single, smart,and attractive lady wouldn't like that LOL

I know, I need to change my ways.

-Jim
 sidizzle
Msg: 226
view profile
History
Why are you single?
Posted: 5/3/2006 10:11:15 AM
because my exfiance decided she didnt want me any more, i never actually got a reason why, so im kinda guessing that that is the reason, i really dont want to start thinking it was something else! :(
 recall
Msg: 227
Why are you single?
Posted: 5/3/2006 11:52:05 AM
Many women choose the man. Today, many women are more independent and they become more demanding of what a man must have and be. They fair better being single.Interests and girlfriends to do things with. Men are more lone wolf. I find many women past 40 who were never married or lived with a man are just princesses who never woke up to reality.Women talk about cheats.But today many women are the ones cheating.Women choose the bad boy and then complain about how he treats them.Men and women are looking for traits of the other that are very rare to find in someone unattacted.As we age, we seem to want more of the other person which is not a wise move. Plus people don't look at the person.Character and personality.They look at what they look like.Where they live.How much they have.What they have.They look for reasons to reject.Women over 40 want travel and fine dinning which really isn't very important.Women want to sell (themselves).Men are the buyers.But today many women have the means to buy but won't play that role unless they take on the role of the successful man.Cougar hunting is the term today.Womens' new freedom haven't always been a good thing for them.Many women have become men in manner,clothing and talk.This is very unattractive to many men.
 Sheedosie
Msg: 228
view profile
History
Why are you single?
Posted: 5/3/2006 12:22:23 PM
I am single today not by choice. Sometimes things happen that are beyond our control. I was married and now I am not and dating has not been a very positive experience for reasons unbeknownst to me! For one thing........it has been difficult to meet new people and make new friends at this point of life. Cannot meet people through work (not ethical) and even friendships as a result of my role are not ethical. Don't know where to go to meet other singles my age and the dating site experience has been weird to put it mildly. I think people are afraid and we all come with our past experiences and we all have expectations that are not always realistic and if we have been single long enough, we are not willing to give up the freedom that being single accompanies.

I would love to meet that special someone, but I don't know how.
 recall
Msg: 229
Why are you single?
Posted: 5/3/2006 12:29:09 PM
Think about compromise.Look for people who seem to be normal with normal problems.Their out there.But they are rejected for the wrong reasons.People are looking for someone to be perfect at middle age and have a big income and issues.But then they get involved with the rich good looking guy with the angier problem or drugs or drinks to much or cheats or sexual diseases.
 arri
Msg: 231
I am single because...
Posted: 5/3/2006 3:06:48 PM
I am single because I haven't made it to Las Vegas yet ... I wanna be married by an Elvis
 Bandito
Msg: 234
I am single because...
Posted: 5/4/2006 3:56:51 PM

What a crock. How obnoxious also to say all divorced women with children are needy

I thought it read little_mermaid that all needy men I meet want divorced women with needy children
 who_the_fox
Msg: 236
Why are you single?
Posted: 5/5/2006 5:54:11 AM
Obviously, I am single because I haven't found Mr Right....it seems that online dating sites are FULL of Mr RightNows....and that doesn't interest me.
 Bandito
Msg: 237
Why are you single?
Posted: 5/7/2006 7:23:07 AM
Been too busy playing Strip Scrabble after I found out about this new craze from bucsgirl

Now if I could just find a real partner to play with
 cococarter
Msg: 238
Why are you single?
Posted: 5/7/2006 8:18:15 AM
Im single because my ex boyfirend cheated on me, and i cant seem to find another guy.
 Witchypoo
Msg: 239
Why are you single?
Posted: 5/7/2006 8:26:10 AM
Well I seem to be a real a$$ pipe magnet for one, so I made up my mind many years ago that I would much rather be alone than in a completely fukked up relationship (had my share believe me). It's a shame though, because society lables you a complete loser unless you have a partner. I'd still rather be alone than in the wrong relationship. I will say this though, counseling people about this makes me a whole sh!t load of money, so you all keep having wrong relationships and I'll make even more money........ and I say......... THANK YOU!!!!

:))
Witchy
 spacer001
Msg: 240
Why are you single?
Posted: 5/8/2006 9:44:01 PM
Really,I don't know!
 Taurid1
Msg: 241
view profile
History
Why are you single?
Posted: 5/9/2006 12:12:37 AM
"Why have you chosen to be unattached?"

Chosen? Cancer is not a choice. I've got the letter saying "Please go on with a life where you can be happy".

Phrasing this as a choice seems like an odd viewpoint. Even when I was a clumsy desperate geek in the eighties, my singlehood wasn't a "choice". Or perhaps it was. I was looking for perfection, which severely restricts the list of candidates.
 YamIhere
Msg: 243
view profile
History
Why are you single?
Posted: 5/18/2006 9:17:24 AM
because I have learned that there is much more to life than not being single and that by not being single your life becomes interrupted by someone who, ultimately, isn't worth the interruption.
 cococarter
Msg: 244
Why are you single?
Posted: 5/21/2006 10:36:18 AM
i started thinking about, and right now in my life, i would rather be single then with someone,... im having more fun , and i dont have to check in with anyone. im not ready to settle down ! WHOOO PArrrtyyy!
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >