Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > "I don't NEED a man! I WANT a man!!"      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LadyEssKay
Msg: 251
I don't NEED a man! I WANT a man!!Page 11 of 17    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)
If you are all meeting at a get together, that sounds like it would be a ton of fun!! I hope you all have a FABULOUS time!!

I am looking forward to reading all the stories about it! :)
 bamagrl68
Msg: 252
I don't NEED a man! I WANT a man!!
Posted: 4/23/2015 8:46:44 PM
Norweiganguy- Downtown and midtown are pretty much the same, I realized my post made it sound like two different areas.
Downtown/midtown is east/old Mobile, beautiful old homes near businesses, bars and restaurants.
The kind of place I feel fortunate to live, if someone can't have fun here, they probably can't anywhere :)
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 253
Posted: 4/23/2015 8:48:06 PM

LONG baton..

Not sure if the idea is to puncture a lung.
 clooneystutor
Msg: 254
Posted: 4/23/2015 8:49:45 PM

Not sure if the idea is to puncture a lung.

Length isn't an issue, I hope?
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 255
Posted: 4/23/2015 8:52:52 PM
Bah ha! Over twenty inches, and I'm outta there.
 norwegianguy123
Msg: 256
Posted: 4/23/2015 10:10:53 PM

Norweiganguy- Downtown and midtown are pretty much the same, I realized my post made it sound like two different areas.

I wasn't discriminating between the two, though. Where I was from, you had downtown and greater downtown - sections neighborhoods only 1-2 miles away from center of dtown, in different directions with a few bars each; same rules applied.

Out in the suburbs or outer realm of the city usually tended to be more older folk.

If one wanted to go MILF-hunting, a rule a thumb was to go during Happy Hour -- also called "day walkers" (zombie reference) and most over 25, before the night-shift of people who go out around 9:30pm+, and tend to be younger when the day-walkers stagger home.
 ThePig0fYourDreams
Msg: 257
Posted: 4/24/2015 6:21:11 AM

Why don't you come to Florida too Charmin?

Yes, come on down so I can give you a nice Piggy hug.

Oh, wait. Mr. Whipple always said "don't squeeze the Charmin."
 Ouija2025
Msg: 258
Posted: 4/24/2015 6:33:40 AM
Do NOT take my Vin's name in vain!!! Man is call the fire department HOT.
I would think the over 40 clubs play " golden oldies" and at some point, like a wedding reception - someone will try to get a group YMCA dance happenin.
Or, every Country Music place :)
Cannot dance. I can however critique others trying to own the floor. Tap dancing mishap - fell into the sink ( some stuff never gets old)
I would like to go to Florida. I'm going to see Flo Rida if that counts.
 clooneystutor
Msg: 259
Posted: 4/24/2015 6:48:06 AM
Lookin' like a fool witcha pants on the ground!
With the gold in your mouth, hat turned sideways
Pants hit the ground, call yourself a cool cat

Lookin like a fool, walkin' downtown
With ya pants on the ground!
Giddy up
Hey, get ya pants off the ground, lookin' like a fool
Walkin', talkin', wit ya pants on the ground!
Giddy up!
Hey, get ya pants off the ground!

Lookin like a fool, walk, talkin'
With ya pants on the ground!
Boom! Whoa! Yes!
 CharminC
Msg: 260
Posted: 4/24/2015 6:52:45 AM

CharminC-DO you think they make orthopedic stilettos? :)

Buahahahaa! Stilettos break my damn ankles. :(
Now, wedge heels is the way to go for height and stability. With the corkscrew material and crochet straps?
If I could have them orthopedic, I'm in heaven. Ya, I'm so 1970's ........with a need for comfort. :P

Why don't you come to Florida too Charmin?

Where the crocodiles are? Oh sure! ..........................not. *runs to hide under covers*
The worst I have here are raccoons that get into my garbage.
But it is hot there, no? I do love heat. Anything.........hot *smiles

Yes, come on down so I can give you a nice Piggy hug.

I'm afraid to ask what a piggy hug is.

Oh, wait. Mr. Whipple always said "don't squeeze the Charmin."

(In Lauren Bacall's sultry voice) You do know how to hug without squeezing don't you? Just put your arms out and...............

oh..................never mind :P

Do NOT take my Vin's name in vain!!! Man is call the fire department HOT.

Since I have the man on fb, seeing how he is in real life, with family, friends, fans.... I 100% with the above statement.
I'll dance for you Ouija!

'The whole club was lookin at her
She hit the floor [She hit the floor]
Charmin got low low low low low low low low

Them baggy sweat pants
And the orthopedic wedges with the straps [With the straps]
She turned around and gave that big booty a smack [Ayy]
She hit the floor [She hit the floor]
Next thing you know
Charmin got low low low low low low low low'
 kj521
Msg: 261
Posted: 4/24/2015 6:55:00 AM
Yeah Ouija....Florida ...Flo Rida....eh....all the same.
And not gonna lie.....Florda may not be ready for you....but sure does NEED you! :)

Mr.Clooney....I remember that song. ;)

Ms. Charmin...They are Aligators and they really are cute!
 Dee4166
Msg: 262
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2015 7:03:27 AM
Ok then...so I'm feeling like I'm supposed to be stuffing some singles in Charmin's Depends??????

LMAO

You guys are like the morning comedy hour.....lol

So when, exactly is Pat Benatar supposed to be down there Kj? Never saw her in concert and I hear she still puts on a helluva show!

Oh! And don't forget the SNAKES there, Charm...I hear there's LOTS in the Everglades now...courtesy of irresponsible pet owners letting them go and ideal breeding conditions and few natural predators....
 kj521
Msg: 263
Posted: 4/24/2015 7:10:38 AM
Ms. Dee....

The lovely and oh so talented Ms. Benatar will be here May 23rd.....

But I have a slight problem....that same weekend...I already told my 90 yr old grandmother I would spend it with her. She is not a fan of Pat Benatar. :(

Is it wrong to stuff the woman into her depends and polyester pants and tell her we are off to see Tony Bennett???
 Dee4166
Msg: 264
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2015 7:12:25 AM
How good is her hearing and eyesight????

LOL

If NOT good, then I say go for it!!! lol
 CharminC
Msg: 265
Posted: 4/24/2015 7:33:35 AM
Look Dee!..... Bootyshort-style Depends! *wiggles ass*......and I just crapped in them thanks to your snakes comment. :/

KJ... I have a solution A Duet!... Tony Bennett and Pat Benatar.
When you get to the concert, simply inform her that he bowed out at the last minute.
:P
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 266
Posted: 4/24/2015 8:05:34 AM
Given the alligator situation, I wouldn't be concerned, it needs to be concerned about me.....what if I wanted a pair of boots, a handbag, or jacket? Lol

I hear they are harmless as long as you sorta ignore them, they are used to people, just don't feed it. Vulture birds (the size of dogs) on the other hand' holy sh*t, lmao

so don't let a couple of alligators scare you away Charmin.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 267
Posted: 4/24/2015 8:22:13 AM

I hear they are harmless as long as you sorta ignore them, they are used to people, just don't feed it. Vulture birds (the size of dogs) on the other hand' holy sh*t, lmao

My brother does the swim training part of his triathlon in a lake in Orlando that HAS alligators. The property where they park has a sculpture of an alligator close to the water, so the newbies to the swim usually freak out when they see that and they ask about alligators. There are a couple of ladies that actually take knives on their swim.
So when they ask if the alligators attack usually some wise a ss tells them that if they swim fast, stay in the group they will not be eaten.

Keeps everyone motivated.
 gtomustang
Msg: 268
Posted: 4/24/2015 9:53:06 AM
the advice I got was, don't run in a straight line, four feet can outrun two. just keep cutting left and right. just have to outmaneuver their neck length, I guess.

earplugs in a club, always a good idea. but one time a friend's date used cotton, and under the blacklights, the white of course stood out. but then i'm an idiot who loves being around open headers, I think I finally got eardrums of cast iron.

I probably shouldn't have been so down on bars and their patrons, they do have happy hours and pub food for the working man transitioning from being the worker to Daddy, and wants an hour of Me time. I too enjoy the company of younger ladies, used to work w/ a few and would have tried my luck if it wasn't for the fact I would have been dating a coworker. but, if i'm the oldest guy in a bar at 10pm...I'd feel it. I'd know what I was there for, and would feel like i'm just broadcasting that knowledge.

heck, one place I tried, a bouncer came up and asked if I was a cop. apparently i'm just a Poindexter in some bars, tho in that case, I got told later that place was known for where to go to score some booger-sugar, so maybe that's why I got fingered in the wrong way.

I can say, I wouldn't have the first f'ing clue as to what makes a man's face attractive to women. I can understand a muscular frame or tight buns, but if you showed me a bunch of faces...I couldn't tell you what ones most (I know everyone likes something different, but most) women would find attractive. I don't get confused about guys like Tommy Lee from Motley Crue--I know why he gets certain women. he gets them b/c they are "certain women".
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 269
Posted: 4/24/2015 11:25:13 AM

I want.........I want to know why he needs a woman. Ive still cant see what need there is beyond sex?

Believe it or not, men need that softer side. They also have a need to feel loved, to feel accepted for whatever crazy endeavor he is pursuing. There's a reason why there's the saying "behind every great man, there's a great woman."
When we are in a supportive relationship, there's nothing we cannot do, there's nothing that we could not endure for your loved one.

I crave my woman, not just for sex, but for her breath, her smell, her presence. Her way of laughing, her humor, and then her compassion. I am a better man, because of my woman. I am no less man without her, but she inspires me to be much, much more.

I hope that gives you an idea of the spiritual power that takes place between a man and a woman that love each other, respect each other, and believes in each other.
 norwegianguy123
Msg: 270
Posted: 4/24/2015 12:05:26 PM

There's a reason why there's the saying "behind every great man, there's a great woman."

Well, I dunno about that. I think, especially in POF-land, it's "Behind every great man, there's a crazy woman. Behind every great woman, there's a crazy man. Like a lot of them, because they're filling their inboxes..."

Believe it or not, men need that softer side. ..... When we are in a supportive relationship, there's nothing we cannot do ..... I crave my woman, not just for sex, but for her breath, her smell, her presence.

Yeah, true, there is a difference between being in the "dating scene" VS settled into a loving relationship, where there's a softer side applied. Best summarized in guy's money shot...

(a) Just Dating: "Whoops! Didn't mean to get it in your eye, babe! (wink)"

(b) Loving Relationship/Softer-side: "There, baby... that's a real Pearl Necklace I just gave you. Because you deserve it. (soft kiss)"
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 271
Posted: 4/24/2015 12:14:50 PM
I don't think he realizes he said that out loud.
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 272
Posted: 4/24/2015 12:30:56 PM

the advice I got was, don't run in a straight line, four feet can outrun two. just keep cutting left and right. just have to outmaneuver their neck length, I guess.

Sounds like the same for sharks

Keeps everyone motivated.

Swimming in fear? nah, I rather a pool.

If you were still talking to me, you have me confused with some other Floridian, as I’m 100% sure I never said that (or witnessed that or participated in that or heard/read that before).

Well, I did add the pineapple (to balance it out), but I'm 99.9% you said women are always beach ready in FL and that you've found yourself wandering the beach with no success.
 HawkingJr
Msg: 273
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2015 12:33:28 PM
“I do however have one request, I'm gonna need you to take me to that beach you said all the babes are at sipping on a pineapple, lol.”

If you were still talking to me, you have me confused with some other Floridian, as I’m 100% sure I never said that (or witnessed that or participated in that or heard/read that before).

So long as the departed CuriousinDB does not participate (that girl’s crazy!), I’m game to meet POF forumites, as I’ve done it before and spearheaded meetings on other message boards. Just as long as you understand it will kill the HawkingJr mystique, as it did in the other cases.

“I am this close (holding my thumb and forefinger just a hair away from each other)......from giving up on you!”

Then you are further from giving up on me than I am. These past few weeks have been brutal in OLD land.

“I like to take my own car, not ride with someone else. I am in control of where I go all night”

Not sure how you didn’t end up the permanent DD like I did/still am. So, yeah, I have my own car with me, but it’s almost never only me in it.

I’m going out with my best friend and her girlfriends tonight. Based on the many previous outings I’ve had with them, there is a 99.9% probability I will still be single on Monday morning. I’m telling you, there are no single women in this entire extended circle of friends. And even if there was, nobody sets up their friends with a guy like me. That’s a good way to lose friends. (Actually, my closest male friend sorta set me up at his recent wedding as a groomsmen with a short cute bridesmaid who just happened to go to my college and have my major and live around the corner from me, so we had plenty to talk about during wedding prep. Unfortunately, she was not attracted to me, so that is that. It’s probably the closest I’ve ever been to “set up.”)

“That HAD to be The Senator. He's been a staple at The Castle for ages.”

He was there when I went recently for the first time in God knows when. I have pictures of him with my girlfriend and female friends from a decade ago.

“When you see someone interesting , just go over. Do NOT think!”

This, I have learned, is a pretty good way to get punched by a woman’s boyfriend when he gets back from the bathroom.

“No one says you have to bond with them in other ways, but you could use the wingmen.”

Maybe it’s because they’re all artsy-types, but my male friends and associates have proven to be terrible wingmen. Even worse, they don’t like to go out, at least not to any place single females are gathering (most are married, so what is the point?). Like I said earlier, back in the day, my second best friend (female) was outstanding at introducing me to single girls... you know, when I wasn’t single. But that was 10 years ago. Now she’s like me, practically the last of her tribe. Still, I have far greater hope from a night out with her than anyone else, especially vs. male friends. I just don’t get out much with her anymore because our work schedules have refused to sync up. We usually just end up “doing lunch” to stay in touch.

I'd think hanging out with some real men's men such as you or Pig would not be very beneficial to me because our appearances are so dissimilar. I've seen pictures of me standing next to six feet tall guys. I'm sure that's a complete turn-off to women. In fact, I don't know how many times I've been told in the forums to get rid of pictures that feature me and tall guys because they make me look even more diminutive than I am so I can only imagine the real life version is an absolute joke.

“the good news is, H awkings, is you must be good looking to some level, b/c the ladies keep responding to you. When I used to carry on like you do, women didn't bother to respond in order to make me feel better.”

I really don’t think anyone here cares whether I live or die. Everybody’s pretty much just here for the entertainment. Watching me disintegrate provides hours of mindless amusement.

“intelligence is a turn on for everyone”

I take it you have not visited rural Alabama. Dumb is king. Forrest Gump is their god. When I was growing up, all the most popular boys at school were the ones doing the dumbest stuff, and for whatever reason, most of the smart girls at my school ended up marrying the dumbest guys in class. The only females at the school impressed by my intelligence were the teachers. Now don’t get me wrong – I’ve certainly been in environments where intelligence is appreciated, but I was never the smartest guy in those situations. That’s the problem with this philosophy: being in an environment of intelligence lovers pretty much guarantees that you’re just going to be a person of average intelligence among them. I was sent to this summer camp for the smartest 100 kids in Alabama and it’s very likely I was #99 or 100 on the list. I was looked down upon by all these Harvard and MIT-bound Huntsville and Birmingham kids. I finally knew what my regular classmates felt like next to me.
 kj521
Msg: 274
Posted: 4/24/2015 12:58:51 PM
Mr. Hawking....this......vvvvvv

"I really don’t think anyone here cares whether I live or die. Everybody’s pretty much just here for the entertainment. Watching me disintegrate provides hours of mindless amusement."

Is just not true. There are the kindest most compassionate people in here....

Personally....you frustrate me....but I do care and wish love and happiness for you. :)
 norwegianguy123
Msg: 275
Posted: 4/24/2015 1:04:10 PM

I’m game to meet POF forumites, as I’ve done it before and spearheaded meetings ...

Oh wow, you go all out -- with your spearhead out, eh? I think you misspelled. It's "spearheaded meatings". ;)

.. on other message boards. Just as long as you understand it will kill the HawkingJr mystique, as it did in the other cases

Well, I didn't know there was a "mystique" beforehand. I would think one whipping out the 'ol spearhead would create one though!

I’m telling you, there are no single women in this entire extended circle of friends. And even if there was, nobody sets up their friends with a guy like me. That’s a good way to lose friends.

Okay, this shows not a lack of confidence -- but an unnecessarily berated view of yourself. It'd only be a good way to lose friends if you were a complete d!ck and screwed over women. One's not going to lose friends because their friend hooks up them up with someone who they're not that into. Plus, it's easy to say "Yeah, HawkingJr... he's cute, got things going for him -- he's your type. But he's pretty short though...," and if said gal says "OK", then you'd Also avoid disaster hookups. Especially with your POV and probably preparing/aiming to be just friends with them at the end of the day anyway. There'd be NO risk for your gal-pals to do that.

Also, when you and your gal-pals go out, you want to make it apparent that you're not the token gay guy in reality or in the practical sense. Hanging around a lot of chicks gives one a Huge advantage in meeting new girls. Use them to mingle with folks around. Not to set you up really, but to mingle around and you to flow with it, too. If done right, even when not meeting gals who are all about you, it still raises your stock price. And tell them you helped make a scary movie! But in general, your approach has to flow decently. You're actually in a Better position than most guys. Sheesh!

I've seen pictures of me standing next to six feet tall guys. I'm sure that's a complete turn-off to women.

True. Relatively short guys hanging around 6'4" guys isn't going to work so well. Gals dislike shorter guys in the room (vs others), moreso than his height compared to hers -- as long as it's at least roughly equal. Standing next to guys 6'0" - 6'2", and other guys in the room being around 5'9"-5'11" is going to make you look worse to a 5'2" gal, rather than hanging out with some guys who are under 5'9".

In the end, it's your game. You need to to see the world differently, enough to get things rolling a bit, to widen things up and to get to your potential. No, I'm not saying your potential is banging hot babes left and right every time you go out -- far from it. But to be able to scope the scene and think "Yeah, I can get a # from an average Jane this weekend," without having to push yourself? Yeah. Part of that is to Not Fear Rejection. No, that doesn't mean humping a gal's leg while her BF is in the bathroom. Far from that.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > "I don't NEED a man! I WANT a man!!"