Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > "I don't NEED a man! I WANT a man!!"      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 326
I don't NEED a man! I WANT a man!!Page 14 of 17    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)
IG, I remember the first 33 LP I ever bought. It was the Beatles Rubber Soul Album. Literally wore it out. Lol Funny thing is I can still remember the words to most those songs.

Damn this makes me feel kind of old.....
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 327
I don't NEED a man! I WANT a man!!
Posted: 4/27/2015 2:05:20 PM

IG, I remember the first 33 LP I ever bought. It was the Beatles Rubber Soul Album. Literally wore it out. Lol Funny thing is I can still remember the words to most those songs.

That's so cool.

My first LP I got by winning some art competition. So I bought the three record LP for Jesus Christ Superstar.
 Maleman999
Msg: 328
Posted: 4/27/2015 2:18:36 PM

And one of those cylinder things with the thing in the middle that holds all my 45's. hahahahaha!

I always wondered why 45's had a big hole in the middle and not a hole the same size as the albums had.
I remember having an 8 track player installed in my fist car, since cars didn't have tape players, and thought I was so technically advanced. I learned the hard way not to leave tapes sitting in the car on hot sunny days, and they sounded so weird when the tape got warped from the heat.
 Dragracer428
Msg: 329
Posted: 4/27/2015 2:30:09 PM
I am such a Canadian, first 4 albums I bought were The Stampeders, still a fan.
Then on the recommendation of a friend Paranoid by Black Sabbath, life changing.
Have also seen Air Supply in concert, had to, they opened for Boz Scaggs.
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 330
Posted: 4/27/2015 2:44:27 PM
I don't recall any of those older cars coming from the factory with tape players, I mounted all mine.

My first car was a jet black 67 Chevy Impala SS with a 327 4spd hurst shifter Krager Mags raised white letter tires hush thrush exhaust and a footprint gas pedal, I had a shag haircut and wore body shirts and navy bell bottoms. Gas was 21 cents a gallon. 5 dollars on friday night and you were set.

In hind sight I should have cut the hair before I reported to Parris Island.... would have saved me some grief.

Trip down memory lane is over. My apologies. Carry on.
 nhtds231
Msg: 331
Posted: 4/27/2015 2:49:15 PM
Ok this is all fun and games until someone breaks out the Blue Leisure Suit photos.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 332
view profile
History
Posted: 4/27/2015 2:51:53 PM
Hmm, no wonder there was never a crowd at the motorcycle dealer. Oh well, my parts lasted longer than some bands.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 333
Posted: 4/27/2015 3:20:09 PM
IG - best line ever
"8 track? Is that related to the Rossetta Stone?"
Then of course you tarnish your cool vibe by admitting to buying Jesus Christ Superstar.
So is how to get the Man we want being about to sing to the moldie oldies?
 Eekitsthebug
Msg: 334
Posted: 4/27/2015 3:34:44 PM
Pig, you are indeed a great fan of Steve Perry, but, even with that tattoo, I doubt a bigger fan than Peps. I've learned more about him since she and started corresponding than I care to know. Hahaha.

While we're reminiscing dare I admit my first car was a Pinto?
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 335
Posted: 4/27/2015 3:51:51 PM
Air Supply?!? Well, the train of thought in this thread has definitely left the tracks. I think at last report it was screaming for the coast at full throttle trying to make it to Hawaii...

Next thing you know people will be comparing Don Ho and his 'Tiny Bubbles' to Axl Rose and 'Night Train'...

Personally I cannot stand watching all these old music acts get older. Their vocal range and performance ability are all fragments of what they once were. I thought the Stones looked pretty frail when I saw them in concert close to 20 years ago - I can't even fathom watching that geriatric group today - and turning the speakers up louder doesn't make them sound better.

I think it's a lot more fun seeing a great cover band do their music. They know they are not the real thing, so the pressure to re-create the exact same sound of yesteryear doesn't exist. Some of those guys are older, too - but I think they have a lot more fun doing it.
 ThePig0fYourDreams
Msg: 336
Posted: 4/27/2015 4:23:19 PM

Pig, you are indeed a great fan of Steve Perry, but, even with that tattoo, I doubt a bigger fan than Peps.

hahaha, I don't really have the tattoo. Who is Peps?

Personally I cannot stand watching all these old music acts get older. Their vocal range and performance ability are all fragments of what they once were.

I agree for the most part. I'm a huge Van Halen fan, but David Lee Roth is just an embarrassment now. The Jimmy Kimmel performance a few weeks back was just terrible because of him. The band itself sounded great.

One of the few who have gotten better with age is Paul Rogers from Bad Company. He looks and sounds great today.
 gtomustang
Msg: 337
Posted: 4/27/2015 4:29:43 PM
ah, a discussion aboutVCR's, thank goodness b/c i was going to ask the forum a question about that this weekend past. i was listening to someone talk about "videotaping" a concert that was going on in a park with their cellphone. but of course cellphones don't use videotape. how do kids today refer to someone taking a movie, do they also use the phrase "video-tape"? i have no kids of my own to ask.

ah yes, the cassette tape with all its guts hanging out and wrapped around the stupid little chrome pin. then unscrew the cassette itself, use a pencil to rewind it and hope you could hear the rest of the tape.

ooh, four speed small block Impala. not a bad car. i still miss the third gen chevelle with a Muncie for $400 i had to pass up b/c i knew the body had to be rusty as swiss cheese. sure wish i had it sitting out in the woods now :)
 kj521
Msg: 338
Posted: 4/27/2015 4:41:55 PM
Gto......they just say video....or vid....or whatever slang they make up each week.

As far as aging rock bands......my 14 yr old would not care if AC/DC comes out on stage in walkers and wheelchairs....she thinks they are the greatest band ever.
Which is why.....I find myself planning to load up the VW Beetle painted with "Rock or Bust" slogans and heading north this summer......I just hope I survive the drive! :D
 Dragracer428
Msg: 339
Posted: 4/27/2015 4:58:36 PM
Went to see Gordon Lightfoot about a year ago. Knew his voice had been gone for some years but could not pass up a last chance to see a Canadian music icon. Based solely on the music it was a total loss but enjoyed the how just for his commentary.
 Eekitsthebug
Msg: 340
Posted: 4/27/2015 4:59:29 PM
Sorry Pig, for along time peppermint_petunias was called Peps. I haven't adjusted to Ms Petunia.

KJ, be sure to post pics from that trip on your profile. Have your daughter take those.
 kj521
Msg: 341
Posted: 4/27/2015 6:29:36 PM
What are you saying, Ms. Bug? I can't take good pics? Sheesh.....I'm gonna wear my glasses!

No..I'm not! I'm lying! I never wear them in public!

But I'm still gonna take the photos cause I never know what my heathen will photoshop me doing or wearing! Wish I was kidding.....
 bamagrl68
Msg: 342
Posted: 4/27/2015 7:34:34 PM
kj521- I hate wearing mine too, which is exactly why I lost two pairs in a week :0
On another note..........
Heathenism is my religion, I'm very dedicated :D
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 343
Posted: 4/28/2015 3:04:58 PM

Then of course you tarnish your cool vibe by admitting to buying Jesus Christ Superstar.

Guilty as charged.

Oh sanah, hey, Sana sana sana...
 ThePig0fYourDreams
Msg: 344
Posted: 4/28/2015 3:16:41 PM

Sorry Pig, for along time peppermint_petunias was called Peps. I haven't adjusted to Ms Petunia.

Ah, ok. Every time I see her post, I always think to myself "ooooh, there's Ginger." (as in Gilligan's Island)
 nhtds231
Msg: 345
Posted: 4/28/2015 3:51:26 PM
^^^^^^^^
Ah, ok. Every time I see her post, I always think to myself "ooooh, there's Ginger." (as in Gilligan's Island)

Pig, could this be a new post you are starting? The less then brotherly thoughts we may have toward all the women in the forums. Hey where else can you go and have the ability to interact with attractive intelligent women while wearing boxer shorts and eating an Italian Sub. haha

FYI Italian Sub the sandwich, not the little Putana wearing a leash.
 sigungq
Msg: 346
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2015 4:35:13 PM

MissScawlett wrote:

I need a man ... to do everything I don't want to do ... like sticking his hand down the garbage disposal lol

Will you turn it on when he is down there????
 Ouija2025
Msg: 347
Posted: 4/28/2015 4:38:12 PM
oh you have a sub sandwich *whimper" Er, are we supposed to get dressed in our finery before posting? Yes, I am wearing Prada sandals and a Gucci sundress. That is what I call my moth eaten t shirt and leggings with puppy rips. Fetching but I would def share that Sub
 Hearton64
Msg: 348
Posted: 4/28/2015 4:56:58 PM
Pig I really took you for more of a Metallica fan
but hey to each thier own.

Going to rock my butt off this weekend at Carolina Rebellion!

Because yeah even at 50 I'm a head banger at heart.....on!

Korn
Godsmack
Marilyn Manson
Bush
Slayer
Slip knot
Suicidal Tendencies
The list goes on!

So if anyone needs or wants me I'll be in the mosh
Pit with my 14 year old daughter!

ROCK ON!!
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 349
Posted: 4/28/2015 5:12:33 PM

Posted by Hearton64:
"...Carolina Rebellion

* Korn
* Godsmack
* Marilyn Manson
* Bush
* Slayer
* Slipknot
* Suicidal Tendencies..."

Have seen them all with the exception of Suicidal Tendencies.
Will have to do an internet search on that music festival!

MsMicki
Msg: 350
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2015 6:16:32 PM
Vinyl is making a comeback?
As in bands are now making records or as in the old records are being played again??

I turn old albums (that aren't worth money) into art!
I do paintings on them!! Or turn them into clocks!

as for "needing vs wanting".....well, I'm guilty of saying I don't need a man...because well, it's the truth!
If I have one in my life, I value, respect, cherish and love him with all I have....But having a man in my life isn't a requirement for me to live a full and happy life.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > "I don't NEED a man! I WANT a man!!"