Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > "I don't NEED a man! I WANT a man!!"      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CharminC
Msg: 351
I don't NEED a man! I WANT a man!!Page 15 of 17    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)

do they also use the phrase "video-tape"? i have no kids of my own to ask.

Yes, they use the "movie" option in their camera on their phone.

As far as aging rock bands......my 14 yr old would not care if AC/DC comes out on stage in walkers and wheelchairs....she thinks they are the greatest band ever.

Nice to know my kid isn't the only one. :) Currently he's been discovering groups such as Cream, Black Sabbath, Jimi Hendrix, etc etc.
In his lifetime, he's been all over the place from Elvis "suspicious minds' to Gwen Stefani 'hollerback girl' to Marilyn Manson' beautiful people', to Dixie Chicks' ' long time gone' to Hollywood undead 'the loss' and everything else in between. \It's been fun exchanging and recommending songs with him. New and old. He and I both have such huge range of genres on our playlist. Now if I can just get him to dance!

I find myself planning to load up the VW Beetle painted with "Rock or Bust" slogans and heading north this summer.

This reminds me so much of when The Who came to Vancouver back in the late 80's in a special reunion revival. Everyone went NUTS. Cars, trucks and vans were painted. Their music blasted everywhere. Good times! good times!

Okay... keeping in with the topic I came across a meme (posted below) that is circulating in fb-land which made me think of the title.
I'm sure it doesn't apply to EVERY woman, and she doesn't do every single thing listed but I think the gist of it can be understood? Nowadays, you can even add that she has a job as well to help pay the bills and save for a future.

Woman-
changes her name
changes her home
leaves her family
moves in with him
builds a home with him
gets pregnant for him
pregnancy changes her body
she gets fat
almost gives up in the labour room due to the unbearable pain of child birth
even the kids she delivers bears his name
til the day she dies, ... everything she does... cooking, cleaning his house, taking care of his parents, bringing up his children, earning, advising, ensuring he can be relaxed, maintaining all family relations, everything that benefits hims... sometimes at the cost of her own health, hobbies and beauty.
So who is really doing whom a favor?
Dear men, appreciate the women in your lives always.
 Tarnished_Knight
Msg: 352
view profile
History
I don't NEED a man! I WANT a man!!
Posted: 4/28/2015 8:52:49 PM
Oh bloody hell, how offensive is this crap!
"changes her name"
-- How about takes his name, but not always; sometimes they take each other's name

"changes her home"
-- so does he, or are you implying that only the man owned property

"leaves her family"
-- so did he.

"Moves in with him"
-- I believe they moved in together!

"builds a home with him"
-- If I didn't know any better I think the idiot who came up with this was throwing us a bone

"gets pregnant for him
-- it was HIS idea? the way I always here it, it is the woman clamoring for children

"pregnancy changes her body'
-- as if the man's body doesn't change either -- although this is the only one I won't really quibble with

"she gets fat"
-- so what; I believe there is a child on the way. So now it's unfair that weight gain is associated with pregnancy?

"almost gives up in the labour room due to the unbearable pain of child birth"
-- as if the man is standing there passively. I don't know any man who wouldn't step in and take some or all of the pain his wife is in so make her situation better. Granted, he might only offer to do it once. Probably would learn "epidural" real quick!

"even the kids she delivers bears HIS name"
-- the child has THEIR name

"til the day she dies, ... everything she does... cooking, cleaning his house, taking care of his parents, bringing up his children, earning, advising, ensuring he can be relaxed, maintaining all family relations, everything that benefits hims... sometimes at the cost of her own health, hobbies and beauty."
-- And yet, more often than not HE dies first.
HE will willingly take a bullet for HER
HE will get up in the dead of night because SHE heard something (I hope HE comes back to bed)
You want to play this stupid game: he works extra shifts, two or more jobs so that the children have a mother to come home to, etc.

"So who is really doing whom a favor?"
--well, actually, based upon the previous post, I was; but then again, I thought it was a shared life, so I didn't count.

"Dear men, appreciate the women in your lives always."
-- Even in and during the bad times. You betcha

TK
 CharminC
Msg: 353
Posted: 4/28/2015 9:25:24 PM

are you implying that only the man owned property

Hold up TK>.. as I said, I didn't create the meme therefore I am not implying, the meme is. I also said it doesn't apply to every woman.
The title of the thread is I don't need a man, I want a man.
The meme made me think of how SOME women with this kind of attitude the meme projects could lead to proclaim "I don't need a man".

HE will willingly take a bullet for HER
HE will get up in the dead of night because SHE heard something (I hope HE comes back to bed)
You want to play this stupid game: he works extra shifts, two or more jobs so that the children have a mother to come home to, etc.

Hey, you want to play this game as well?She will also take a bullet.
I've heard of men hiding behind the woman when a noise is heard. Men can be scaredy cats too.
And women work extra shift, two or more jobs too.

as if the man is standing there passively. I don't know any man who wouldn't step in and take some or all of the pain his wife is in so make her situation better.

Despite it being 2015... some do
I know mine just videotaped the whole thing. His mother was the one that was there for me.
I should have kicked the camera when I had the chance.

If I didn't know any better I think the idiot who came up with this was throwing us a bone

I don't think it was an idiot. I think it was a woman who did more than she bargained for with too little in return. And other women... bitter women I presume... will agree hence the circulation of the meme.
One day they are single again. Out comes the "I don't need a man" cry.
 Hearton64
Msg: 354
Posted: 4/29/2015 2:56:23 AM

as for "needing vs wanting".....well, I'm guilty of saying I don't need a man...because well, it's the truth!
If I have one in my life, I value, respect, cherish and love him with all I have....But having a man in my
life isn't a requirement for me to live a full and happy life.

Well I'd rather have no man than a disrespectful one.
But I don't see need as a requirement or something that
says I'm weak for needing one.

But then again I don't feel comfortable with power tools in my
hands like you do Ms Micki, and I can't live without renovating
something!

I need a man like I need a partner to enhance my already awesome life!

.....as for " the beautiful people"?

I was rocking to that song in 1999 whilst I was preggers
I have to assume my daughter likes my music due to that fact!

She was subjected to heavy metal as a toddler
And at 3 her favorite song was by Crazytown!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QXRkDc8Lmn4
 deetristate
Msg: 355
Posted: 4/29/2015 3:35:53 AM
I get it, OP.
Out a a few dates lately and just maybe one will turn into what I want

I want a someone of the opposite sex with whom I can hang out, in whom I can confide, with whom I can "cuddle" (ahem), for whom I can cook and won't be too critical, who will take me as I am but make kind suggestions for improvement when needed and laugh at my jokes or at how corny they are when they are not funny. And I want him to be able to repair my flat tire and move the sofa when I need to clean under there .

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know that you women can do it yourselves, but "can" is not the issue here.
 ThePig0fYourDreams
Msg: 356
Posted: 4/29/2015 8:53:40 AM

Pig I really took you for more of a Metallica fan
but hey to each thier own.

Cliff Burton era Metallica, yes. After that? Not so much.
 gtomustang
Msg: 357
I don't NEED a man! Well, b/c I am a man
Posted: 4/29/2015 2:25:15 PM
Ms.Mick, i'll say that vinyl isn't "back" so much as its "in", the latter meaning...the cool kids have to go look for it. Me, I want to see the artwork come back, and i'm thinking Asia and Santana albums. Great stuff to airbrush on your van...man.

as for artwork out of old albums, could you copy good ones to vinyl stickers you could apply to your art? my father left a garageful of old comix, Terry and the Pirates and Classics Illustrated and Will Eisner stuff, I wouldn't cut any of it up but might make copies to use it as background for stuff...already had a belt with Gasoline Alley on it.
 Eckhartwarmingtolle
Msg: 358
Posted: 4/29/2015 3:07:25 PM

Then of course you tarnish your cool vibe by admitting to buying Jesus Christ Superstar.

Actually, Ian Gillan ( Deep Purple ), sang vox as Jesus and did a helluva job !

Good screaming in that " Gesthamane " song !
 kj521
Msg: 359
Posted: 4/29/2015 3:31:35 PM
GTO.....

New vinyls are sold online and in stores now....both of new and old artists.
I know....I have been buying them. :)
 gtomustang
Msg: 360
Posted: 4/29/2015 3:55:09 PM
I stand corrected. I kinda figure if one cannot find it at WalMart, it has to be "looked for" :)

still, why should one avoid a smarmy record store clerk? was it the movie "High Fidelity" that glorified the experience? out where I am, the universities sponsor "all sales vinyl" type events. great for bringing out the inner PITAsnob.
 forumfellathesequel
Msg: 361
Posted: 4/29/2015 4:09:49 PM
Meh, I tried vinyl, it kept skipping in my truck whenever I hit a bump, I'll stick with iPhone and satellite radio
 browneyesboo
Msg: 362
Posted: 4/29/2015 4:14:58 PM
Barnes and Noble sells vinyl.
They have lots in the store and
a bunch more that can be ordered.

I'm hardly ever smarmy, but I know
sometimes clerks who are passionate
about something can be.
 kj521
Msg: 363
Posted: 4/29/2015 4:56:27 PM
Not gonna lie....thought my daughter was nuts when the only item on her Xmas list was a portable record player from Urban Outfitters.

Kept asking why? I mean the sound quality can not compare....then it just made me sick because all the albums she wanted were ones I use to own!

Starting right now....I am officially becoming a hoarder! Everything comes back in again.

I did save my 80's acid dyed jeans. :) But I found out....just cuz it zips....doesn't mean it fits. :(
 tgif333
Msg: 364
Posted: 4/29/2015 5:59:32 PM
Hello My Friends.
i'm back after my little breather.
I've been lurking and waiting for the proper time to re-enter.

as you can see from my pic which is from 1997 i'm primarily a metal guy though I like all genres of music.
that's Ronnie James Dio and I in Cleveland. I used to hang out with musicians and my friend Mike, a guitar player was friends with Dio's guitar player so I was allowed to hang out with him on the tour bus. I also had a chance to talk to Bruce Dicckinson of Iron Maiden a few years before this but I didn't have a camera. Bruce is a sarcastic hard ass but there's no denying his talent.

last year I was in a mosh at a Slayer concert in Pittsburgh at the outdoor AE Stage with Exodus and Rob Zombie. it was the hardest mosh ever. I must have been on my ass more than on my feet but I managed to keep my all of my teeth.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 365
Posted: 4/29/2015 6:05:04 PM
Welcome back - even tho I don't know most of the groups you speak of
Glad the move is finished Mr T
 clooneystutor
Msg: 366
Posted: 4/29/2015 8:14:55 PM
Tom, that is fvcking cool man!

Glad to see you back:)
 kj521
Msg: 367
Posted: 4/29/2015 9:13:26 PM
Mr. Tgif....

So.....when are we going dancing?

Mr. Hawking, Ms. Belle and I are waiting. :)

ThePig0fYourDreams
Msg: 368
Posted: 4/29/2015 9:59:13 PM

Actually, Ian Gillan ( Deep Purple ), sang vox as Jesus and did a helluva job !

The fact that they aren't in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is sickening when you consider the number of unworthy acts that are already in it.

that's Ronnie James Dio and I in Cleveland.

He was one of the few very people in the industry that nobody had a bad word to say about. He was known for running into fans the day before a show, and making sure they got to attend if they told him they couldn't get a ticket.

He was truly a class act.
 tgif333
Msg: 369
Posted: 4/29/2015 11:50:41 PM
thank you Ouija, clooney, kj, pig and Vicki. that's touching to hear you say that.

I used to go to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame every Memorial Day. but over the years I started to become disillusioned over their decision to widen their base by including rap artists like LLCool Jay. after listening to Eddie Trunk blast them for the same reason his "That Metal Show" and not including groups like Deep Purple, Alice Cooper, Kiss, Rush and others I started writing letters to them. with no reply to my letters and them continuing to this practice I stopped going.

Cleveland always seems to do the wrong things and they no longer have a good reputation around the country and have been losing population for a decade now.

my area Youngstown is even worse and i'm moving to Florida not too far from kj. I need nightlife, dancing, fine dining, action, excitement, concerts and warm water for my scuba diving. they tell me my home will be ready in 2 or 3 weeks.

kj you'll be hearing from me soon.
 MaleFeasance
Msg: 370
Posted: 4/30/2015 12:08:45 AM
He was one of the few very people in the industry that nobody had a bad word to say about.
---------------
Except maybe Ritchie Blackmore, although I'm not sure if that really counts, given Blackmore's personality. Dio had a great voice.
 Dee4166
Msg: 371
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2015 3:57:20 AM
Welcome back Tom...good to see you... :-)
 Eckhartwarmingtolle
Msg: 372
Posted: 4/30/2015 5:25:22 AM

The fact that they aren't in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is sickening when you consider the number of unworthy acts that are already in it.

The rock and roll hall of fame isn't exactly synonymous with credibility, lol

Yes is another band that hasn't been inducted.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 373
Posted: 4/30/2015 7:28:50 AM
Tom, good to see your ugly a ss around here again.

What happened? Couldn't stay away from all the punishment and drama of the forums?
Or you just wanted to participate in the conversation about Vinyl?
 tgif333
Msg: 374
Posted: 4/30/2015 8:06:40 AM
thanks Dee and everyone.

my plan on the forums is to be more like Jeb Bush and kj and Move To The Center!

IG- when I sold my home I found a pair of platform shoes in the attic from the 70's that I saved. i'm a size 9.5 wide and they must have shrunk to a 7 from the heat. couldn't put my foot in halfway!

but more interesting were my vinyl records including a psychedelic album from Aorta. a classic!
I also found my Lynyrd Skynyrd "Survivors" album with the members who died in the plane crash with flames on their heads. the record company recalled that album cover and made it without the flames if I recall. I got $5 for it. among 15 others were Foghat, Jimi's Electric Ladyland, the all girl group from the 60's Fanny and the first album I ever got for my birthday - Frankie Valley and the Four Seasons Gold Vault.

I just swam through memories as I viewed them.
 platypus_man
Msg: 375
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2015 1:15:36 PM

a lot of the men have expressed their "need" for a woman.

They need a woman temporarily, say, for a few hours; they put up with the extra time in order to maintain their contact with someone they can have sex with. Where as women almost always want a man for a relationship. And often, a meal ticket.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > "I don't NEED a man! I WANT a man!!"