Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > "I don't NEED a man! I WANT a man!!"      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kj521
Msg: 359
I don't NEED a man! Well, b/c I am a manPage 16 of 17    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)
GTO.....

New vinyls are sold online and in stores now....both of new and old artists.
I know....I have been buying them. :)
 gtomustang
Msg: 360
I don't NEED a man! Well, b/c I am a man
Posted: 4/29/2015 3:55:09 PM
I stand corrected. I kinda figure if one cannot find it at WalMart, it has to be "looked for" :)

still, why should one avoid a smarmy record store clerk? was it the movie "High Fidelity" that glorified the experience? out where I am, the universities sponsor "all sales vinyl" type events. great for bringing out the inner PITAsnob.
 forumfellathesequel
Msg: 361
Posted: 4/29/2015 4:09:49 PM
Meh, I tried vinyl, it kept skipping in my truck whenever I hit a bump, I'll stick with iPhone and satellite radio
 browneyesboo
Msg: 362
Posted: 4/29/2015 4:14:58 PM
Barnes and Noble sells vinyl.
They have lots in the store and
a bunch more that can be ordered.

I'm hardly ever smarmy, but I know
sometimes clerks who are passionate
about something can be.
 kj521
Msg: 363
Posted: 4/29/2015 4:56:27 PM
Not gonna lie....thought my daughter was nuts when the only item on her Xmas list was a portable record player from Urban Outfitters.

Kept asking why? I mean the sound quality can not compare....then it just made me sick because all the albums she wanted were ones I use to own!

Starting right now....I am officially becoming a hoarder! Everything comes back in again.

I did save my 80's acid dyed jeans. :) But I found out....just cuz it zips....doesn't mean it fits. :(
 tgif333
Msg: 364
Posted: 4/29/2015 5:59:32 PM
Hello My Friends.
i'm back after my little breather.
I've been lurking and waiting for the proper time to re-enter.

as you can see from my pic which is from 1997 i'm primarily a metal guy though I like all genres of music.
that's Ronnie James Dio and I in Cleveland. I used to hang out with musicians and my friend Mike, a guitar player was friends with Dio's guitar player so I was allowed to hang out with him on the tour bus. I also had a chance to talk to Bruce Dicckinson of Iron Maiden a few years before this but I didn't have a camera. Bruce is a sarcastic hard ass but there's no denying his talent.

last year I was in a mosh at a Slayer concert in Pittsburgh at the outdoor AE Stage with Exodus and Rob Zombie. it was the hardest mosh ever. I must have been on my ass more than on my feet but I managed to keep my all of my teeth.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 365
Posted: 4/29/2015 6:05:04 PM
Welcome back - even tho I don't know most of the groups you speak of
Glad the move is finished Mr T
 clooneystutor
Msg: 366
Posted: 4/29/2015 8:14:55 PM
Tom, that is fvcking cool man!

Glad to see you back:)
 kj521
Msg: 367
Posted: 4/29/2015 9:13:26 PM
Mr. Tgif....

So.....when are we going dancing?

Mr. Hawking, Ms. Belle and I are waiting. :)

ThePig0fYourDreams
Msg: 368
Posted: 4/29/2015 9:59:13 PM

Actually, Ian Gillan ( Deep Purple ), sang vox as Jesus and did a helluva job !

The fact that they aren't in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is sickening when you consider the number of unworthy acts that are already in it.

that's Ronnie James Dio and I in Cleveland.

He was one of the few very people in the industry that nobody had a bad word to say about. He was known for running into fans the day before a show, and making sure they got to attend if they told him they couldn't get a ticket.

He was truly a class act.
 tgif333
Msg: 369
Posted: 4/29/2015 11:50:41 PM
thank you Ouija, clooney, kj, pig and Vicki. that's touching to hear you say that.

I used to go to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame every Memorial Day. but over the years I started to become disillusioned over their decision to widen their base by including rap artists like LLCool Jay. after listening to Eddie Trunk blast them for the same reason his "That Metal Show" and not including groups like Deep Purple, Alice Cooper, Kiss, Rush and others I started writing letters to them. with no reply to my letters and them continuing to this practice I stopped going.

Cleveland always seems to do the wrong things and they no longer have a good reputation around the country and have been losing population for a decade now.

my area Youngstown is even worse and i'm moving to Florida not too far from kj. I need nightlife, dancing, fine dining, action, excitement, concerts and warm water for my scuba diving. they tell me my home will be ready in 2 or 3 weeks.

kj you'll be hearing from me soon.
 MaleFeasance
Msg: 370
Posted: 4/30/2015 12:08:45 AM
He was one of the few very people in the industry that nobody had a bad word to say about.
---------------
Except maybe Ritchie Blackmore, although I'm not sure if that really counts, given Blackmore's personality. Dio had a great voice.
 Dee4166
Msg: 371
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2015 3:57:20 AM
Welcome back Tom...good to see you... :-)
 Eckhartwarmingtolle
Msg: 372
Posted: 4/30/2015 5:25:22 AM

The fact that they aren't in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is sickening when you consider the number of unworthy acts that are already in it.

The rock and roll hall of fame isn't exactly synonymous with credibility, lol

Yes is another band that hasn't been inducted.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 373
Posted: 4/30/2015 7:28:50 AM
Tom, good to see your ugly a ss around here again.

What happened? Couldn't stay away from all the punishment and drama of the forums?
Or you just wanted to participate in the conversation about Vinyl?
 tgif333
Msg: 374
Posted: 4/30/2015 8:06:40 AM
thanks Dee and everyone.

my plan on the forums is to be more like Jeb Bush and kj and Move To The Center!

IG- when I sold my home I found a pair of platform shoes in the attic from the 70's that I saved. i'm a size 9.5 wide and they must have shrunk to a 7 from the heat. couldn't put my foot in halfway!

but more interesting were my vinyl records including a psychedelic album from Aorta. a classic!
I also found my Lynyrd Skynyrd "Survivors" album with the members who died in the plane crash with flames on their heads. the record company recalled that album cover and made it without the flames if I recall. I got $5 for it. among 15 others were Foghat, Jimi's Electric Ladyland, the all girl group from the 60's Fanny and the first album I ever got for my birthday - Frankie Valley and the Four Seasons Gold Vault.

I just swam through memories as I viewed them.
 platypus_man
Msg: 375
view profile
History
I don't NEED a man! I WANT a man!!
Posted: 5/5/2015 1:15:36 PM

a lot of the men have expressed their "need" for a woman.

They need a woman temporarily, say, for a few hours; they put up with the extra time in order to maintain their contact with someone they can have sex with. Where as women almost always want a man for a relationship. And often, a meal ticket.
 Hearton64
Msg: 376
I don't NEED a man! I WANT a man!!
Posted: 5/5/2015 1:41:22 PM
Stereotypes and generalizations are so silly.^^^

Obviously "they" aren't all just looking for sex.

Nor do all women want relationships or meal tickets.

Try again. : )
 norwegianguy123
Msg: 377
Posted: 5/5/2015 2:11:32 PM

I've been lurking and waiting for the proper time to re-enter.

Touching words! It sounds like something a stalker would say... or a guy in bed with his girl, who fell asleep after they had an unsatisfying quickie.

still, why should one avoid a smarmy record store clerk? was it the movie "High Fidelity" that glorified the experience? out where I am, the universities sponsor "all sales vinyl" type events. great for bringing out the inner PITAsnob.

LOL - yeah. Soon you'll find people buying Atari 2600 games... flipping their scarfs and saying "Yeah man, you just don't get it," when you question it. Kind of like "craaaaft" beer, where people get warm fuzzies over that. A whole sub-culture -- which to some extent is just fine & great -- until the arrogance & snobbery (because they found a sense of belonging) kicks in.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 378
Posted: 5/5/2015 2:25:10 PM
gtomustang- Ok, I know I can look it up, but I enjoy bringing out the funny in my fellow POF members ;)
Obviously, I have a feeling this one is going to make me laugh, but I truly have NO idea what a PITAsnob is ???
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 379
Posted: 5/5/2015 2:25:43 PM

until the arrogance & snobbery

Got anything against arrogance and snobbery? Ha ha ha.

Don't knock those two down, some of us are proud of it.

Hehehe
 sigungq
Msg: 380
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2015 5:08:15 PM
How did all this turn to a discussion about vinyl?
 GattoMonstrosis
Msg: 381
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2015 5:46:24 AM

How did all this turn to a discussion about vinyl?

Inflatable men? :)
 gtomustang
Msg: 382
Posted: 5/6/2015 8:59:00 AM
ah, bamagrl, I wish it was one of my more amusing ones, but its merely a snob who is a true Pain In The Ass about it. Like they just can't keep it to themselves. Like when I was a young lad and learned that people can be "useless" and "Worse than useless", the latter meaning they actually have to get in your way while being useless.

of course, its amusing when one of these people inflict themselves upon someone else. its fun to watch, in a smirk-on-the-face sort of way. like just one of those things in life that are irritating yet unavoidable. Its not exactly schadenfreude, but its a bit fun when a friend of your's gets the burden of some true PITA. not a person who's really gumming up the works, just a PITA who's slowing things down a tad.

they remind me that whenever i'm faced with someone I know a lot about...don't be too much of a snob about it.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 383
Posted: 5/6/2015 9:12:05 PM
gtomustang- From time to time, I refuse to look things up, hoping my brain will kick in and go _ DING!
With this one, it did, I got it about an hour after I posted, P-I-T-A, duh, bamagrl, it's pain in the 'ss :D
I've posted about this somewhere before (I think), but this reminds me of a woman I TRIED to make friends with.
She lived right behind me, when we met, we had children close to the same age, so,well, I already said it, but I tried.
She was married and made snide remarks about her (then) husband, he had one leg longer than the other since birth and she made fun of him behind his back. (they wound up divorced, lucky him)
That should have been enough to do me in, I admit that, but the final straw came when she was telling me that she saw some other women out after labor day, with white on, God forbid.
I couldn't help myself, I asked her if she took them outside and shot them.
That ended the friendship and I am not sorry for it, I'm just sorry I didn't do it sooner. ;)
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > "I don't NEED a man! I WANT a man!!"