Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > "I don't NEED a man! I WANT a man!!"      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MaleFeasance
Msg: 26
I don't NEED a man! I WANT a man!!Page 2 of 17    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)
So, you don't NEED sex.
--------------------------------
I didn't say that I did. However, I want sex and since I'm not bi or gay, I need a woman if I'm going to have sex. It's just like you need a telephone if you want to make phone calls. Stop abusing the English language.
 norwegianguy123
Msg: 27
I don't NEED a man! I WANT a man!!
Posted: 4/20/2015 4:47:58 PM

Now sure, one could say a "man" is not a necessity per se, but I can't help but feel there's a certain element of "need" in the equation. For the life of me, I can't compare "wanting" a life partner to wanting a new car, house, or any other material item.

For those who "need" or have a needful "search" to find a man... to the point where they feel incomplete in their lives without one, and not having one being healthy for a short period of time being the exception -- are kinda Desperate.

At least those who are trying to win back an ex and "need" them at least have an actual Person they're trying to get, instead of a fill-in-the-blank-here. Same goes with guys who "need a woman", and feel incomplete without one. Many will say "I don't NEED, I WANT" -- well, tomato, tomatoe. One can survive without a car and a TV. A relatively strong desire = need, in the general sense.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 28
Posted: 4/20/2015 4:49:39 PM
One of my favorite lines
I'm not needy I'm wanty
I need a Man to want me :)
oh, and new sandals. I really NEED new sandals
 bamagrl68
Msg: 29
Posted: 4/20/2015 4:55:51 PM
kj521- Well now, that's a Cheap Trick ;)
(something tells me we need to meet a take a week long concert hopping trip, it would be F-U-N!)
 nhtds231
Msg: 30
Posted: 4/20/2015 5:03:18 PM
I couldn't imagine my life without someone special. The way she feels in my arms. They way her hair and skin smell, when I cuddle up to her at night. The way she can make me smile for no reason, cause butterflies in my stomach and make my knees weak. The way I think about her constantly when we are apart. The way she smiles at me when I say something totally stupid. The way she plays with her hair and flirts with me, because she knows it drives me crazy. I don't "need" a woman, but my life would not be the same without one.
 LadyEssKay
Msg: 31
Posted: 4/20/2015 5:26:41 PM
I'm one of those ones that have said that when I was dating. My reason behind it is this. I am really happy with my life. I consider myself really fortunate. I have a great job, a roof over my head, food in the fridge, good health, etc. If someone told me that this was as good as it gets, and my life would be just like this until my last breath, I would still consider myself fortunate.

That being said, I consider being in a relationship with someone special a real gift. It is an honour when someone wants to share their life with me, and spend time with me. It's nice to have, but not a requirement to my happiness.

A "need" to me is something that is a requirement to accomplish something, whether it be survival on one end of the spectrum, to needing a hammer to fix something in your home, on the other end of the spectrum. A "want" is something that is not required but would be nice to have, for example, a pair of Manolo Blahniks (although I am trying desperately to figure out a way to put these in the "need" category).
 Walts
Msg: 32
Posted: 4/20/2015 5:35:05 PM
Well, I don't know about the rest of ya after the first day of the work week but, I'm pretty sure I need, and really, really want

a drink.
 chameleonf
Msg: 33
Posted: 4/20/2015 5:40:42 PM

I didn't say that I did. However, I want sex and since I'm not bi or gay, I need a woman if I'm going to have sex. It's just like you need a telephone if you want to make phone calls. Stop abusing the English language.

OK, you win. You don't want to use a blow up doll or one of those more expensive models they now sell such as http://esexdolls.com/?gclid=CjwKEAjwx9KpBRCAiZ_tgYKWvhQSJABQjGW-Q56t69ypCirvuwiBKhRREb3FQG7oeVOTDxOudrcHChoCOwTw_wcB You WANT to USE a woman...no wait...there we go again, we're back to want with the added twist of usery! Gotcha!
 purplerider1200
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2015 5:55:36 PM
Ok I did follow your link. So how come it said that your order was shipped?
 IL_Capitano
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2015 6:06:24 PM

For the life of me, I can't compare "wanting" a life partner to wanting a new car, house, or any other material item.

I'm with you, OP. I have no interest in being some accessory to a woman's life, which is how I think many women think of their men.

Whenever this topic comes up, I can never get out of my mind how many times women NEED to tell you that they only WANT you and that they have no NEED for you at all, but when the inevitable break up comes she complains that you didn't meet her NEEDS.....

... it's all very confusing, though it's not difficult to conclude that in a relationship only her NEEDS are important and that is why she WANTS you around because she NEEDS her NEEDS met....

... which is why I've chosen not to care what a woman's NEEDS are anymore because I really don't WANT to bother trying to figure out what NEED I've missed to take care of this week.

Maybe women can change that NEED/WANT thing into, "I'd really like to find a man I value" or something like that. I don't like being lumped in with all the unwanted shoes she has in her closet.

Demidar
Msg: 36
Posted: 4/20/2015 6:06:25 PM
To Opp : Basically many women treat men as disposable utility , like any other materiel good .Do not really need to say any thing else . Except , after a few decades of women telling men that they are not needed , it has finally sunk into men's brains and men are now replying , guess what we do not need you either . That was the one thing the feminist movement never considered would happen and now that it has they are desperately trying to get the men back on the plantation , we refuse to go back and they are very angry now .
Where have all the good women gone " https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpnnmT22EmA " enjoy .
 kj521
Msg: 37
Posted: 4/20/2015 6:11:24 PM
Ms. Bamagrl......

A concert tour sounds like a need that needs to be fulfilled to me! Gonna go dig out my 80 ' s clothes, right now....

Oooooh....but I'll need to get my hair permed first. And I need blue eyeshadow. Anyone know where to find it? Oh yeah.... lots and lots of hairspray, too!

It will be so much FUN! Only difference between then and now? I might NEED a nap between shows! :D
 browneyesboo
Msg: 38
Posted: 4/20/2015 6:12:32 PM
I like coming home to someone.
I like having someone help with the leaf raking
and the mowing etc. I like cooking for someone
and buying presents and thinking up surprises
and being surprised. I don't like sleeping alone.
I might be thought a desperado for wanting someone
and needing someone, it might not "complete" me,
but I think it makes me happier and makes me a
better person.
so yeah, I'd say I need AND want a man.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 39
Posted: 4/20/2015 6:15:14 PM
Sadly, the current path I'm on, makes the above
an impossibility. But I still like the anticipation of
thinking about it....haha!

Possibilities are one of my favorite things.
 arlo2
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2015 6:16:06 PM
Yep. these women never NEED a man.

... unless there is a spider.
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 41
Posted: 4/20/2015 6:24:26 PM
I don't know if a woman needs a man but I think that a child needs a father. I had this debate with a woman on this forum before. She said that women don't even need men to have a child because they can just go to a sperm bank. Well, what child would want to grow up not having a father in their life?
 kj521
Msg: 42
Posted: 4/20/2015 6:25:34 PM
"Basically many women treat men as disposable utility"

What????? You have got to be kidding Mr. Demidar! What is this World coming, too?
I just read on another thread that women have disposable vaginas!

Did you know this? Cause I sure as heck didn't. I never threw mine away....still got the same one!
Thank goodness for these forums or I wouldn't know nothing.

Not blaming all disposableness on the feminists though....no sir!
It's because of the lightening speed Internet connection.....didn't have these problems when there was dial up.

vvvvv Bamagrl.....Thank goodness time doesn't exist in my mind.....I am still 17!
Well....that and the fact that my 14 yr old is obsessed with 80 ' s rock bands....so I am reliving it everyday! Lol
 bamagrl68
Msg: 43
Posted: 4/20/2015 6:26:26 PM
kj521- LOL! :D
I graduated in 1986, pictures exist where my hair is two feet tall on it's own.
Maybe I should buy some Aquanet and use it to burn them.
What's that commercial? The two women talking in the bathroom spraying away and then they both faint?
So funny, my 30 year reunion is coming up, where did the time go? :)
 LadyEssKay
Msg: 44
Posted: 4/20/2015 6:27:09 PM

... unless there is a spider.

The last 2 I found in my house, I will have you know that there was no man in the vicinity.

Spider #1

Step 1: Spray a ton of hair spray on it.
Step 2: Cover it with a bucket
Step 3: Run

Spider #2

Step 1: Sprayed a ton of Febreeze on it.
Step 2: Cover it with a bucket.
Step 3 Run

Heart rate returned to normal after a 1/2 hour. Easy peasy. :D
 Eekitsthebug
Msg: 45
Posted: 4/20/2015 6:37:00 PM
Sorry arlo, but my 6'4" used to jump onto the couch screaming whenever he saw a spider. He'd freak even worse when I caught them and put them outside. The first time he did it I laughed, but learned not to because it hurt his feelings.

An old bf called me one night to "talk him down" because he'd found a spider in the closet. He sprayed it with Raid then slammed the door. He was worried it would get out.

Yup I need a man to take care of spiders. Hahaha.

Bama, I'd love to see that pic. I'll bet you were adorable.
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 46
Posted: 4/20/2015 6:38:41 PM
I've never understood what women have against spiders. I think they're cute.
 newoldgirl
Msg: 47
Posted: 4/20/2015 6:42:42 PM

Whenever this topic comes up, I can never get out of my mind how many times women NEED to tell you that they only WANT you

Well, as I said, this is NOT something I would post on my profile. But, even so, why WOULD a man think I would need him? My question is not meant to be flip; I sincerely want to know.

When I am in a relationship, I have NO problem showing and telling my man that I love him, want him, and appreciate him. When people love and care for each other, they do things for each other, and I suppose for people my age we almost can't help but do the traditional things--when a man I am dating shovels my driveway for me , or does some heavy lifting (literally or figuratively) I have gone out of my way to thank him, and let him know that his efforts are appreciated. I have taken care not to take it for granted that he pays for all our dates, and I do things to let him know I care for him. It makes me happy to do things that bring a little happiness to his day. Still...all of this circles back to the fact that I have gotten by for many years without living with a man. How else can I say it other than to say I want one, but I can get by without?

Men are so much more than just providers and protectors. Don't you want to be wanted for all that you are, and not just what you can for a woman in some sort of "need" ? Again, I am not trying to be antagonistic; this is a totally sincere question.
 gtomustang
Msg: 48
Posted: 4/20/2015 6:43:13 PM
I used to joke w/ my boss about how he never knew how poor he dressed, until he had a woman in his life to tell him :)

(there's always a few men who nod in appreciation)

glad to hear, piggy, that you lost your forum virginity. they say you always remember your first post.

when my mother had her dementia, she did need a man in her life to run her life. my father couldn't do it, due to age and insecurity and Parkison's. gotta say, if that's what it feels like to have a woman need me, I did my tour, no more please.

I suspect the "i don't need" phrase is shorthand for, "i ain't friggin' desperate". some of us have lived long enough to say, "i made it this far on my own, maybe i'm doing OK." I don't think its just men going their own way. and I don't blame women who might claim, "they ain't making men like they used to." I can go to the "why do I have to pay for a date" thread and see why. its not a new lament. get a flat tire, watch how many guys run over to help....or know how to.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 49
Posted: 4/20/2015 6:45:12 PM
kissfromarose77-I'll answer this one.
She hurts for a while and wonders about things, especially why.
Then she gets older and realizes life isn't always fair and you don't find reason in all things.
So, she puts on her big girl pants and sucks it up.
She becomes a mother and a wife, and even when she isn't a wife anymore, she's still a mother, a sister and a friend.
She learns responsibility, self respect, get's her education and becomes a nurse, so she can help others when they are down.
But what she isn't is a victim, because her life is her own and it always was.
 2015cashmere
Msg: 50
Posted: 4/20/2015 6:48:26 PM
I would love to have a man share my life. I can kill my own spiders, take my car in for an oil change, support myself but damn I'd love to wake up next to the man I love....spend the night talking in the dark and making plans for the week, the year, the rest of our life. Sharing the load, sharing the laughs, sharing the adventures, the ups and the downs. I can manage quite nicely on my own but there is nothing like the sound of two hands clapping.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > "I don't NEED a man! I WANT a man!!"