Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > "I don't NEED a man! I WANT a man!!"      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 151
view profile
History
I don't NEED a man! I WANT a man!!Page 7 of 17    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)

Well, here's how I would handle it. I would pick the male forumite who would be the MOST disgusted by my choosing them, or I would choose the one who needed a date the most.
None of the men seem to want to play the "if I were gay" game :(

Hey pig. Stop looking at my backside. Stop it! It can feel your gaze, and it's getting nervous.

I said stop it. No means no. God...you're such a pig.
 kj521
Msg: 152
I don't NEED a man! I WANT a man!!
Posted: 4/22/2015 4:47:08 PM
I still stand by the premise that I need The man not A man.....with all of his glorious imperfections.

I am going to keep it real and honest here....

When I first dated and married my late husband....I didn't need him. I wanted him and I desired him. We were both puzzle pieces that seemed to fit just right. But if one looked close enough.....you could see the tiny gaps and where some edges were forced together. It didn't matter though. The excitement of finding another piece that was that close of a fit.....made it seem perfect.

That feeling of perfection wouldn't last. Looking back....I can see those series of firsts.....first year of marriage, first child, first home, first career conflict, first family tragedy etc. and can see how shared experiences changed our relationship and each of us individually. It wasn't just the big events though.....it was the ordinary and the everyday interactions that shaped and defined us. The big events are usually just easier to see.

Somewhere along the way.....the individual puzzle pieces changed shape. The tiny gaps filled and the forced edges wore down.....so much so that they had the appearance of one.

I can not say with any certainty when this happened just that it did. The other person became more than a want or desire but a need.
When the day came that those almost seamless puzzle pieces were broken apart....the need for the missing piece became greater than the most basic survival needs.

But the interesting thing about human resiliency......is after a time.....that lone puzzle piece began to change...some out of necessity and some out of choice. It's shape is probably not drastically changed but enough to make the search for a new unique puzzle piece possible. :)
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 153
Posted: 4/22/2015 4:54:14 PM
^^^^^^^^

Well said.....
 newoldgirl
Msg: 154
Posted: 4/22/2015 4:55:13 PM

Tbh every time I dip my toe in to date, the reality of it all hits me. I find the whole process exhausting, and usually.. far from worth the 'pay off'. So yeah, I can definitely take it or leave it. In fact, when guys talk about how sad they are to be alone, I usually respond by telling them that I quite like alone time. I guess I missed the boat on those occasions for a chance to fulfill a man's needs, but then.. what about mine?

Same. On several occasions, I have went on first or second dates with reasonably attractive men who seemed nice enough, but who seemed to mainly be looking for someone to fill up their free evenings. For example, when they would ask me out and I would suggest going out the next weekend, they seemed at a loss as to how I would fill up my week all by my lonesome. They wanted to jump straight to relationship-y stuff, like weeknight dinners in, and knowing what I was doing each day. I don't even mean necessarily in a possessive way, more like in a lonely wanting attention way. I am happy to get to that point, eventually, but I am not lonely, or bored, and I don't need a job as someone's "entertainment".
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 155
Posted: 4/22/2015 5:21:43 PM
Purple: Jesus.

All I would ask is that you dine with me occasionally, put out frequently, and spoon until I fall asleep, if you're staying in that evening :)

The problem is that men seem to find it unsettling sometimes when a woman ISN'T controlling. A guy I dated for awhile said "You NEVER get jealous, do you?"
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 156
Posted: 4/22/2015 5:42:05 PM

And if it was me, I´d meet Belle and Whatsa for a first meet in NY, including dinner, drinks and hotel... we may not repost, and we may even delete our accounts afterwards ;-)

Yep yep

Re message 161: Somebody wants MEEEEEE!! Okay, Wanderlight - but I get to be the centre of attention. Kj and Belle can both come if they respect that.

That's fine, I respect it :-)

Charmin and Wanderlight,

It saddens to inform you both that the experiment with the babies (withholding affection) as well as testing if speaking French was their natural inclination (inherent versus) were done in France. I don't talk about the dumb sh*t we do due to having a narcissistic tendency. All babies died, and as for the language thing, it was obvious they spoke because they were spoken French, not because they would have done so naturally.

I heard of the experiments while in undergrad but the Internet has buried and reduced it to folklore.

Purple,

That's a horror story, I admire your good humor :-)
 ThePig0fYourDreams
Msg: 157
Posted: 4/22/2015 5:49:33 PM

Hey pig. Stop looking at my backside. Stop it! It can feel your gaze, and it's getting nervous.

I said stop it. No means no. God...you're such a pig.

Well, I almost picked you, but purplerider caught my eye.

I want to get a kick ass Batman costume one day, and I noticed if you put an eye mask on purplerider, he makes a perfect Riddler.

It all clicks.
 norwegianguy123
Msg: 158
Posted: 4/22/2015 5:53:07 PM

I still stand by the premise that I need The man not A man.....with all of his glorious imperfections.

How is that (The vs A) so different if both are imaginary, though? You're still have a strong want (=need) of an imaginary guy, in terms of [insert person here]. The only difference is, like everyone else who is companion-dependent to unknown character, you're saying it's not just ANYONE (while also implying you have some specialty requirements; which is common for everyone, of course).

Back to want VS need: A need IS a want. Need = a Want, a Want isn't necessarily a Need. A Need is just a more specific high-degree of a Want. One can place "Need" into two categories: [a] Literal, like for sustained survival on a reasonable level (subject to interpretation of course), VS Strong desire / high-end Want.

At the end of the day, I think that it's kinda moot when it comes to the concept of folks being emotionally dependent on having someone [insert here] as a companion in their life, and over time, feeling a loss if they don't (like not having a car for many; wait.. not A car; not a junker -- THE car!). Whether you call it a Need vs Want... it is what it is, but the point is, is that they're oddly handicapped without an imaginary fellow when they proclaim "I WANT [a/the] man [insert here]!"
 kj521
Msg: 159
Posted: 4/22/2015 5:57:29 PM
Mr. Norwegianguy......

Sometimes......you have to stop thinking......and just feel! :)
 cooldog65
Msg: 160
view profile
History
Posted: 4/22/2015 5:58:15 PM
I'll just watch the women go at it.

*Reaches for the lube*
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 161
Posted: 4/22/2015 6:04:05 PM
I question whether Norwegian has ever played a game in his life :(

Piggy: I think Purple would be a wise choice. I'm going to tell you something, because you seem kind of innocent: Those men that are trying to woo you probably just want a wham bam thank-you... Piggy :(
 kj521
Msg: 162
Posted: 4/22/2015 6:11:09 PM
"I question whether Norwegian has ever played a game in his life :("

Ms. Whatsamattababy.....

I wonder......If Mr. Norwegianguy stops to analyze every movement and sigh during.....sexual intercourse.....known as making love to others. ;)
 Ouija2025
Msg: 163
Posted: 4/22/2015 6:12:06 PM
So now suddenly the Guys be shy?
I think Pigofmydreams and Hawkings.
We once played this game at my job ( that was awkward) I picked the CEO because he had a bigger head that me ( I also started the whole measure heads and then yell out the size)
I have like one hat. I think it is an XXXLLLL. Headhunters dream.
But Mr Pig is hot. Frankly I find you all sexy and am at a loss why those are are single still are. We need a huge GTG... I would pair people off. Clooney and KJ for example. I see them together
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 164
Posted: 4/22/2015 6:19:34 PM
Ouija: Those were kind words, but I think I expressly pointed out that I had my eye on kj :/

Kj: Don't be unkind. I'm sure he would be incredibly fare - he would make sure both people sighed the exact same number of times.
 clooneystutor
Msg: 165
Posted: 4/22/2015 6:40:56 PM
I dunno, as hot as KJ is....

I suspect I'm a tad too debaucherous for her.

Quite the crude bachelor here.

My priorities are wine, toilet paper, garbage bags, paper towels, laundry detergent and scented candles.

Oh...Cheetos and microwave popcorn too.

I'm a stickler for a pretty face. A nice smile is eternal.

Boo....are we still an item? :)
 kj521
Msg: 166
Posted: 4/22/2015 7:32:54 PM
OK.... Y'all! Things are getting weird in here!

Mr. Clooney.....

Debauchery is subjective.

But if you are using all of these items "wine, toilet paper, garbage bags, paper towels, laundry detergent and scented candles" at the same time....you may be right!

And as far as Cheetos go......I only do Flammin' Hot! ;)

Ms. Whatsamattababy.....if you don't stop flirting with me....I might start questioning my sexual orientation! :D

2050......will just not do Mr. Sigungq.......the duct tape from Ouija ' s boob lift invention will wear out long before then. :)
 browneyesboo
Msg: 167
Posted: 4/22/2015 7:35:42 PM
Yes, yes we are Mr Clooney. At work tonight

I was practising writing Boo Clooney in my

doodle diary!

I'm glad we're on the same page, running out

Of toilet paper is the worst!
 purplerider1200
Msg: 168
view profile
History
Posted: 4/22/2015 8:29:23 PM
Two and a half years before I got married. It took her a couple years to go crazy. Why I didn't separate for a while? Have you not heard the words-"For better and worse" I believed them, and tried to work with her. Towards the end however, I'd have liked to give her a left hook, but I didn't.
 clooneystutor
Msg: 169
Posted: 4/22/2015 8:44:14 PM
Ya know Boo...

I've tried to write you a few times but them damn PoF restrictions block my messages.

I would easily fly across this country to kiss that face :)
 norwegianguy123
Msg: 170
Posted: 4/22/2015 11:08:18 PM

Mr. Norwegianguy......

Sometimes......you have to stop thinking......and just feel! :)

I tried telling girls that when I have them pinned down when they come back to my place. They don't seem to buy that line! ;)

In all seriousness, it requires little thinking in understanding. A need is a Want. Simple concept. Some people are in love with being in love, while others aren't, but are only in love with an actual person who they've been already seeing -- and are not hampered by a void when they aren't.

Hey guys. KJ and I have already agreed to a date.......... Sometime in the year 2050......... I think. As for the rest of you folks, you all are having WAAAAAAAAAY too much fun. Ya gotta quit that. ;-)

Oh, 2050 -- about the time of the Singularity. Cool. :)
 Hearton64
Msg: 171
Posted: 4/23/2015 3:47:31 AM

Ya know Boo...

I've tried to write you a few times but them damn PoF restrictions block my messages.

Ohhh....I see how it is. : /

Ok then off to lick my wounds.

And find Solice in the arms of......my lover. : )
 kj521
Msg: 172
Posted: 4/23/2015 4:22:01 AM
Mr . Norwegianguy.....

With regard to this.....

"I tried telling girls that when I have them pinned down when they come back to my place. They don't seem to buy that line! ;"

Then you weren't doing it right. Dare I suggest an analysis of your technique may be in order.? ;)

*preemptively apologizing and putting myself in time out by going to work. :D
 CharminC
Msg: 173
Posted: 4/23/2015 6:12:09 AM
Belle, it wasn't an experiment. It was an actual orphanage. I know because I'll never forget the images children of various ages rocking themselves in these bare metal cribs with thin mattresses. I had to change the channel because I couldn't watch anymore.

Wanderlight.....
I said European because I did recall it was somewhere in that part of the world. I had to look it up to find out it's Romania. It has absolutely nothing to do with me trying to make Europeans seen as a cross between count dracula and a medieval witch. I was talking about an orphanage of neglected children. It could be anywhere and as you pointed out, some exist in Russia and China. Wouldn't be surprising if it exist in other parts of the world too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romanian_orphans
[A news report on the American newsmagazine 20/20, which first aired on October 5, 1990, was the first to show the conditions in full detail on television.[1]]

Found it on youtube. It contains the images I had seen. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ISSgupUtpU
 browneyesboo
Msg: 174
Posted: 4/23/2015 6:24:38 AM

Ya know Boo...

Awww...thank you Mr. Clooney!
The fish king has plotted to keep us old wimmins away from the young good looking
guys..and vice versa. Not sure if that's for the benefit of the wimmins or the men...hahahaha!

:o)
 CharminC
Msg: 175
Posted: 4/23/2015 6:41:16 AM

the young good looking guys..

Young?
*checks both boo and clooney's profile*
Holy crap Boo! Damn you look good . Can I have your dna?? lol
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > "I don't NEED a man! I WANT a man!!"