Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Could/Would you Date or Stay with a Transgender?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 perspektiv
Msg: 76
Could/Would you Date or Stay with a Transgender?Page 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
God no.

Its not a fair change, as far as I'm concerned. You're essentially expecting me, to stay in love with a man, when I've fallen for a woman. That's not a fair request. Love should have limits, in terms of acceptance. This would be far past those very limits.

To me, it would be the equivalent in terms of shock, of being with an established scholar, turned business mogul, offering you a job as their financial advisor, working out of their mansion. Only to years later, turn to hard drugs, prostitution, offering you a position as their pimp, working out of their cardboard box.

No thanks.
 Maleman999
Msg: 77
Could/Would you Date or Stay with a Transgender?
Posted: 9/21/2016 2:59:11 AM
I would never do it, but here's a twist on the question. If a transgendered person found that "special someone", and that person decided afterwards to change genders, would that be OK to the already transgendered mate? Not every person who feels trapped in the wrong body makes the transition at a young age. Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner is an example of someone who waited until later in life to officially change genders.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 9/21/2016 3:02:52 AM

... a fully functional vagina is there. Fact.

Actually, that's not factual at all. Anyone with a knowledge of the sophisticated procedure involved would confirm that the individual is left with an orifice with which to perform a penetrative sexual act. That's not the same as a fully functional vagina. However, if that's what's needed for the individual to feel a complete woman, then that's up to them.
 prime ribb
Msg: 79
Posted: 9/21/2016 8:27:16 AM
Funny that this subject should come up. I notice on some online dating sites the transgender folks would sometimes slip in the females looking for males category and often times they be looking for heterosexual males to date or hookup with. I find this to be false advertising. That's like going to a health food restaurant and seeing a greasy hamburger on the menu. I'm aware of the tired adage of there's someone for everyone, but I don't think transgender folks should be listing themselves in the female category. That's just a flat out misrepresentation.
Posted: 9/21/2016 10:54:05 AM
Just to be a clarifying advocate...If someone was born with a deformed arm, and had that arm surgically "repaired" so that it looks and functions normally to some extent - would you date them, knowing that their arm used to be deformed even though now it's "normal"?
 ItalianBrian
Msg: 81
Posted: 9/21/2016 10:56:03 AM
I am FULLY aware of the procedure, and you are wrong, flat out. Modern vaginoplasty and labiaplasty IS FACTUAL. The FEMALE is left with a VAGINA, not an "orifice". Please refer to: Eugene Schrang, M.D., of Neenah, WI. Thank You for your time.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 82
Posted: 9/21/2016 12:58:57 PM

People seem to get transvestite and TRANSGENDER confused. If you could only tell the difference in "voice" then more often than not, you saw transvestites.(men who dress up as women.) Transgender men and women take actual hormones and this effects their voices, so more often than not YOU CANNOT TELL.

This begs the question: How do you know for sure that people cannot tell? Just because many individuals are too polite to ask questions or comment on it doesn't mean they haven't suspected it.
 Maleman999
Msg: 83
Posted: 9/21/2016 1:21:43 PM

Modern vaginoplasty and labiaplasty IS FACTUAL. The FEMALE is left with a VAGINA, not an "orifice"

If a male to female transgendered person is able to get pregnant with this new vagina, then I will be impressed.
 ItalianBrian
Msg: 84
Posted: 9/21/2016 3:42:36 PM
How can you tell the sex of someone just by listening to their voice? You can't. There are some women that have deeper voices, and some men that sound like women. Everyone is different. The OP stated that he was at a bar or nightclub and the only way he could tell that the women were not really women was by their voices. (Which were probably low tone) But you are 100% correct! I was not there, so I do not know.
Posted: 9/21/2016 4:30:15 PM
True story, and I feel a bit embarrassed to tell it - I don't go out to bars much, so when I do I kind of explore. Go to some new place. Once I went to a place and I remember the women seeming so sexy. Female in every way. And some damned nice legs everywhere. Respectable and classy place, so to speak. And the women seemed approachable, relative to the normal feel, and compared to how men seem to complain about being able to approach women. Found out weeks later by sheer accident that it was a place where 'shemales' go.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 9/21/2016 4:53:41 PM

I am FULLY aware of the procedure, and you are wrong, flat out. Modern vaginoplasty and labiaplasty IS FACTUAL. The FEMALE is left with a VAGINA, not an "orifice". Please refer to: Eugene Schrang, M.D., of Neenah, WI. Thank You for your time.

I have researched work by that surgeon on a previous occasion, thanks. Natal females' vaginas don't need post op maintenance with a form to stretch them and they produce their own lubrication. Well crafted SRS vaginas are a good approximation but they're not natural and never can be, unfortunately. Some patients can't come to terms with the fact that they'll never have the complete physical body to match their gender, although others may be perfectly happy. It's up to the individual.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 87
Posted: 9/23/2016 9:41:55 AM

How can you tell the sex of someone just by listening to their voice? You can't. There are some women that have deeper voices, and some men that sound like women. Everyone is different. The OP stated that he was at a bar or nightclub and the only way he could tell that the women were not really women was by their voices. (Which were probably low tone) But you are 100% correct! I was not there, so I do not know.

You are correct in that you can't always tell by voice alone. But there are other ways of telling. I live in Las Vegas, and there are a high number of transgenders and female impersonators here. Many of them are performers and only dress in drag during their shows, while others are actually transgender.

I can often tell by looking at the size of their hands and feet, as well as their musculature, and body fat distribution patterns. Even if a transgender person takes hormones, the hormones don't fully eliminate all of the physical characteristics of the gender they were born with---unless the transgender person starts on the hormones before they hit puberty.
 ItalianBrian
Msg: 88
Well crafted SRS vaginas are a good approximation but they're not natural and never can be,
Posted: 9/23/2016 6:54:52 PM
"Actually, that's not factual at all. Anyone with a knowledge of the sophisticated procedure involved would confirm that the individual is left with an orifice with which to perform a penetrative sexual act. That's not the same as a fully functional vagina"
That was your post verbatim.

I really can't figure you out, or your reason for trying to butt heads with me at every turn, on my posts.
I am not someone who never did their homework, and God knows I have first hand knowledge on some of these things. You said you have done research yourself on the MTF SRS. (Why? I must say I am curious at your interest. I am actually grateful at your interest. Whether we see eye to eye or not, not many people give a damn enough to research Transgender topics.)

Results may vary from patient to patient because people are different.
A MTF is not just left with an "orifice" as you stated.

Although quite graphic I think perhaps this is worth a read. Again, everyone is different, but I have SEEN many a documentary, and interviews with FTM, and MTF individuals, and depending on when their surgeries were done, and who they were done by, the results do vary.

Here is a rather blunt testimony:
My fiancee got SRS with Toby Meltzer in Scottsdale, AZ. I can tell you from personal experience that her vagina looks and feels incredible. I have had my face buried rather deeply in a number of vaginas in my life, and hers is 99% indistinguishable from a biological woman's vagina.
The one thing that really amazed me after she was all healed was that it was warm and alive. I guess I didn't fully know what to expect, and I was kind of thinking it wouldn't feel as much a part of her as would a vagina that was put there in-utero, but it does! When I'm inside of her with my fingers, I can feel her pulse, and her breathing. She can tighten and relax it. She gets wet when she's turned on (though we learned that not all girls can do this), and she smells and tastes "correct".

Some (not all) biological females have the ability to reproduce, have a menstrual cycle.
So basically my contention is while you are so determined to say that only biological females have a functional vagina, I need to strongly disagree with that. Not ALL females are alike.
As far as it not being "Natural", the Vaginoplasty uses your own living natural tissue to create it, therefore, technically, it is a natural part of the new body. (The result is a vagina, sensate clitoris, formation of labia majora, labia minora and clitoral hood.) Can't get more natural than that!
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 89
Well crafted SRS vaginas are a good approximation but they're not natural and never can be,
Posted: 9/23/2016 7:13:51 PM
I wonder if there might be some erroneous generalizations going on around here? Transgender issues aren't as black and white as we sometimes assume. It isn't terribly uncommon for someone to be born with both female and male characteristics. Until just recently, the doctor would pick one gender or the other and surgery would be performed at birth. Some people never find this out about themselves.
 kj521
Msg: 90
Posted: 9/23/2016 7:30:28 PM
"It isn't terribly uncommon for someone to be born with both female and male characteristics."

That depends on what intersex conditions you are referring to. Some are more common than others.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 91
Posted: 9/23/2016 7:45:27 PM
^ I don't know a whole lot about the biological stuff. But I had a local person who works with BGLTQ etc persons come to educate us a bit at my work, and I wanted to know to what degree persons born with both male and female physical characteristics are correlated with unusual chromosomes (like, other than xx or xy). She didn't know. Do you happen to know? I don't know whether there has been research on this?
Posted: 9/23/2016 7:49:08 PM
I was born with prairie dog characteristics. Doc made a choice, and did surgery.

Sometimes I wonder if I'd rather he went the other way. Running around in the grass, barking at my brethren when a predator is in the sky, running around in tunnels underground. Oh, how I lament the life that would never be.
 kj521
Msg: 93
Posted: 9/23/2016 7:52:30 PM
Ms. Baby....

This is a good article to start with to understanding sex variations. :)

http://www.isna.org/faq/frequency
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 94
Posted: 9/23/2016 7:59:29 PM
^ Reading is hard :(

Dinks: I am going to tell you something that may affect you dramatically. Basically, rodents and humans can't reproduce together because they have different numbers of chromosomes. (Who's your Daddy?)
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 95
Posted: 9/23/2016 8:10:36 PM

People seem to get transvestite and TRANSGENDER confused.

Could that be because the term "trannie/tranny" gets used for both?
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2016 4:55:03 AM

I really can't figure you out, or your reason for trying to butt heads with me at every turn, on my posts.

Every post? Really? And butting heads?

I simply remarked on your "fully functioning vagina" comment and re-commented after your retort. Fair enough, I was blunt calling it as orifice and I am being pedantic, but it's still a reconstruction at best. You say yourself that your girlfriend's is 99%. Surely, "fully functional" would be 100%?

My interest derives from a professional requirement to have some knowledge of different social groups.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2016 5:05:29 AM

I wonder if there might be some erroneous generalizations going on around here? Transgender issues aren't as black and white as we sometimes assume. It isn't terribly uncommon for someone to be born with both female and male characteristics. Until just recently, the doctor would pick one gender or the other and surgery would be performed at birth. Some people never find this out about themselves.

I'm reminded of the tragic case of David Reimer who, after a clumsy doctor burnt his penis off during a botched circumcision was brought up as a girl, purely because a psychiatrist wantd to perform a social experiment to prove his theory that gender was a learned process.

Now we have learnt that gender and biological identity aren't necessarily the same. Many people suffering from gender disphoria never come to terms with their biological difference, even after surgery because to them, it still isn't real. Suicide is statistically higher in this group. Therapy is essential.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 98
Posted: 9/24/2016 10:09:10 AM
Sometimes I get confused if I chose a matching set of clothes or not judging by the looks I get.

I can't imagine wondering if my penis should have been burnt off at birth or not.

I suppose being cut at birth is better then dealing with that in your later years.

YMMV
Posted: 9/24/2016 3:05:17 PM

Dinks: I am going to tell you something that may affect you dramatically. Basically, rodents and humans can't reproduce together because they have different numbers of chromosomes. (Who's your Daddy?)

Nooooo!

Time to call Maury.

"Dinks"? Where's my R?
 ItalianBrian
Msg: 100
You say yourself that your girlfriend's is 99%. Surely, "fully functional" would be 100%?
Posted: 9/24/2016 6:57:10 PM
Not MY GIRLFRIEND. I do not have a girlfriend, I am on this dating site to find one remember?
That part of my op was a testimony to Dr. Metzger, and I did state that in the post. I did NOT write it.
Once again I see you try to technically "fight" any answer I may give.
A biological female can be born with less than a 100% fully functional vagina. This is the point I am trying to make here.

*Just about every post. Yes.
Okay, I will give you that one, "Butting Heads" was the only thing I could think of at the moment!
Catch me when I'm not tired, and I will come up with something more lyrical!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Could/Would you Date or Stay with a Transgender?