Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Frustrated by Experience on POF and ready to throw in the Towel      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bucsgirl
Msg: 61
Frustrated by Experience on POF and ready to throw in the TowelPage 6 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
I think the only numbers you need to worry about OP is your join date which is February this year. A couple of months isn't a "while" to be online, unless you're expecting instant results. Scanning quickly through your VERY brief profile, you have a negative attitude towards the whole thing. If you don't THINK you're going to meet someone here, why would THEY think any different.

In other terms you're shooting yourself in the foot...........

I DO agree with you though, I don't think you're going to find anyone on here, either. Anyone else care to vote?? HAHA
 JoeBnD
Msg: 62
Frustrated by Experience on POF and ready to throw in the Towel
Posted: 5/4/2015 3:34:46 PM
Vote no on negativity. Wait a minute........
 dpwesu
Msg: 63
Posted: 5/5/2015 4:49:53 AM

Why such low ratings (2, 5, 6, 7, 8)?

I will rate everyone a solid 10 because all of you are unique and beautiful in your own right.
All of you have something worthy and unique to contribute that is reflective of your own personal experiences from which we may all benefit.
All of you have accomplished something to make yourselves and/or others proud.
All of you have overcome many difficult hurdles.
All of you possess the intelligence and power to enact change.
All of you have something that you excel at.
All of you possess a precise combination of gifts, talents and skills that place you in the top .01% (or less) of the entire population!
This means that not anyone else can fulfill life's journey for which you are uniquely qualified!

Remember, that regardless of which number you place yourself, someone else will always think that you are a solid 10!
Don't be concerned with winning or losing. Make the race your own.

63T - (see message 76) - oh how right you are.....and sadly....so many out here turn dating in just that.... a race.....or a contest that only a few are "allowed" to win.

If you aren't smart, "hot" or "sexy" enough or look like you walked out of the pages of a high fashion magazine.......you just won't make the grade out here.....and for me....dating has just been an exercise in brutality, dehumanization, degradation, and devaluation.

and I KNOW I have good qualities.....in fact.....I am going to take your post and tape it on my bathroom mirror so I can read it every day. - thank you for that.

Good things take awhile sometimes.[/quote}

RockabillyPagirl.....(see message 95) - amen to that.....and people just aren't willing to take any time to get to know another person, especially in this instant gratification society.

If I've said it once, I've said it a hundred million times.....it never ceases to amaze me how when 2 people meeting for coffee for the very first time don't have an "instant connection" in the first 5 seconds they are out the door faster than anyone can blink. I find that so sad because in doing so.....you just don't give anyone a chance. and that is what most out here are looking for.....just a mere chance.
 south_city
Msg: 64
Posted: 5/5/2015 6:44:47 AM

Yeah, I'm not big on the number scale thing, either. I either find someone attractive or I don't. I mean, seriously, what's the significant difference between a "7" and an "8"? Or a "1" and a "2"? It's silly.

It can be more than just attractive or not for me. There can be different levels of attractiveness. It doesn't have to be numbers. But there can be some type of rating system to distinguish these levels.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2015 5:28:36 PM
Typically it has been men who used the rating system as they objectify physicality of women in a way that very few women do with men. i.e. , based on just looks. I actually do not know one woman that rates men that way. Men will say "look at that" when referring to a woman's body but women will say "look at him".

It is all subjective anyway and we all find different things attractive.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2015 5:34:42 PM

63T

Nice sentiments but unfortunately not true. Not everyone is intelligent, talented, or beautiful. Let us be realistic here.
 Maleman999
Msg: 67
Posted: 5/5/2015 5:35:58 PM
If I throw in the towel, will somebody wash it and return it to me?
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 68
Posted: 5/5/2015 6:23:05 PM

WOW, they deleted my last photo, saying that it did not show my face.

Interesting......

I received two messages just awhile ago.

A warning on my pic....?

And a warning on.........well the reporter knows. Don'tcha.....;)
 LadyEssKay
Msg: 69
Posted: 5/5/2015 8:09:47 PM
Crookcatcher! Are you kidding me that you got a warning on your pic??

There was nothing wrong with it!
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 70
Posted: 5/5/2015 8:45:35 PM
^^^^^

That's ok.....tomorrow Im going to scan my drivers license pic in and use that. That will teach'em. :)
 2015cashmere
Msg: 71
Posted: 5/6/2015 7:36:12 AM
That's too bad Crookcatcher. It sounds like you're not the only one that has been hit by the picture Nazi's or the little report gang that flits around here. Some days its like high school with the mentality of some.
 Siennarh
Msg: 72
Posted: 5/6/2015 9:05:19 AM
I know. Me too. I only stick around hoping I will stumble across someone special I can be with, but it hasn't happened yet.

Honestly it's not even really about the pictures, the personalities, just I don't know... they aren't my type.
Maybe my type, wouldn't be somewhere like this. That thought has occurred to me.
 Maleman999
Msg: 73
Posted: 5/6/2015 3:25:35 PM
Siennah-you mean they deleted the crotch selfie, where it showed your crotch and boobs? The nerve of them. What could they possibly see wrong with that?
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2015 6:50:25 PM
oluben

No Siennarh is not a new user, her old name was Aradia, and there may have been others.
 Siennarh
Msg: 75
Posted: 5/7/2015 3:56:35 AM

Hi Siennarh new user. There was a guy on here called Axe.. Axi - something. I think you and him would have really got on. Maybe he'll be back sometime? ;-)

fingers crossed! We probably would have, he was a funny bugger.

Siennah-you mean they deleted the crotch selfie, where it showed your crotch and boobs? The nerve of them. What could they possibly see wrong with that?

If you think that is revealing, you know nothink!
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 76
Posted: 5/8/2015 3:56:08 PM

I AM happy single. I'd rather be single than be in a bad relationship.

I hear that over and over again.
That's fine, makes sense, except what constitutes a "bad relationship", other than the obvious abusive ones?
Based on what some people say-not necessarily you personally- it sounds like a relationship is either "perfect" or "bad", no in between. Is a "pretty good" relationship good enough for anyone?
 gtomustang
Msg: 77
Posted: 5/9/2015 7:25:22 AM
For me, a "bad relationship" can as simple as one that wastes my time. When I sit there and think, "I wish I hadn't invited this person. There's nothing wrong with them, I just could have more fun if I was here on my own." I'll suspect i'm not the only grown up, used to doing things on their time, on their dime, who's had this thought in their head. when we were all younger, the purpose of hanging out may have been to get away from the parents--almost any fool would do. but as adults with schedules and houses filled with our hobbies...we might be more picky on who's occupying our spare time.

I might even look at a photo of an attractive person here at the site, and think, "am I going to drive an hour to this person's place, and have less of a fun time at tonight's event? maybe I won't contact this person, they might not be the best bet for me." its not a rejection of their "mature looks", its just the idea that they may be a Barbie and i'm not a Ken doll. or they're Nancy and I never was a Sid.

for some, however, an abusive relationship isn't obvious. there's a physically attractive woman who's been dating some fellow for 7 years who's been a source of negativity. one responder asked, "how can someone who looks like you, not find a much better choice in the last 7 years?"

sometimes the abuse went under the radar.
 VolkanoKing
Msg: 78
Posted: 5/9/2015 8:55:56 AM
Why do you randomly capitalize words in your sentences?
 Eternityboreme
Msg: 79
Posted: 5/9/2015 10:49:42 AM

If I come across a profile that belongs to someone who is looking for someone that clearly isn't me (for example, on match, the # of men my age whose profiles I viewed who actually include me? small percentage) I just pass them by. I would never consider writing to someone and trying to argue with them about their choice. It's THEIR choice to make.

There isn't anything wrong with messaging people with similar interests, outlooks, and seemingly matched criteria. If they don't find you equally interesting, you're right to move to the next prospect.

What would make you a broken bottle is bemoaning the choices of other people that don't include them. These are the people who retaliate with insults, harassment, and other vile and beyond reproachable behavior.

The other part of behaving as a broken bottle is dating low-end people, repeating the same dating mistakes and patterns, and then expecting a different and more favorable outcome. One can't improve their dating lot if they continue to accept shit.
 Walts
Msg: 80
175 days till Halloween :-D
Posted: 5/10/2015 4:52:28 AM

ready to throw in the Towel

Well, you learn something new everyday.

I didn't know that POF provided towels, free or otherwise.

I want one.

Not need one.

Just want.
 gtomustang
Msg: 81
special POF towel, only $19.99 for upgraded members
Posted: 5/11/2015 9:25:21 AM
i'm neither an expert nor professor in special needs children, but my former boss had one and such situations do take a lot of time and attention...and he was lucky enough to still be married, so he could get the third important thing, which was to take time away from it when it got stressful.

on another point, in my mind, "half-full glasses" aren't a bad thing. I've had relationships that crashed and burned, but after the pain subsides, i'm glad I had the experience. I got to know a person in a way I wouldn't have gotten to know them had I been merely an acquaintance. not everything has to last forever to be a success in my book. so I figure "something" beats nothing. but then, i'm not looking for children and marriage, so my attitude probably won't be right for everyone.
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 82
175 days till Halloween :-D
Posted: 5/12/2015 6:31:38 PM

In Automotive, I can teach electrical circuits and systems, Engine repair and performance, brake systems, etc. In Engineering

Well now you say something......where were you these past three days while I was giving a blood offering to the car gods?

Coilovers go on tomorrow and the epic roadtrip starts in a few days!

OT.....Halloween?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Frustrated by Experience on POF and ready to throw in the Towel